As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [chat]stable

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    @credeiki okay I am going to (after reading the intro stuff) make a test character in Blades

here's my basic pitch: she's a ne'er-do-well street tough with an undercut and a switch blade

her knuckle tatts read "LOVE" on the right fist and "PIES" on the left

she smokes fat stogies which reek of licorice and only trusts a person after they've sat down and eaten a pie floater with her

getting her fetish for creampies tatooed on her knuckles? thats a bold statement

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    i have played Disney's Post Apocalyptic Brave and it is good

I am presently grinding robots in the starting area until I am max level, I anticipate it taking no more than 210 hours

Horizon is really good. The setting is great.

• ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    my first dating anxiety- before i even dated- was after reading atlas shrugged. in this valley you have (accepting the premise as i did, anyway) good and impressive people. everyone there is remarkable. so how do you decide which moistens your genitals? in a room of people who are kind and passionate and stable and attractive and all that, what does

what does

i don't

probably a good 5% of all american women 21-35 i would find attractive, interesting- and after a few dates we'd still be getting along

how random is all this...

etc

The percentage is probably way higher than that

There are lots of great, lovable people, and more importantly most of us probably go through our lives without meeting the person who is a thunderbolt of passion for us, or without the capacity to experience that, so we don't know what we're missing anyway

While some people can absolutely induce crazy amounts of passion, I suspect it's less specific than we think, but also, the social conception of love is basically a lie and most of what we idolize is actually harmful to believe and science has been done on it, so.

Maybe that doesn't help much! But I think it's less "we don't know what we're missing" for most people and more "what we actually think is ideal is an absurd impossibility."

Wut?

fuck gendered marketing
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    but simonwolf hands have five fingers

r u sure she isn't actually saying she LOVES SPIES

*bond theme trumpets*

aRkpc.gif
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    The opening to Horizon is so flavorful

• OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Nioh and Horizon seem great

*plays gwent endlessly*

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    @credeiki okay I am going to (after reading the intro stuff) make a test character in Blades

here's my basic pitch: she's a ne'er-do-well street tough with an undercut and a switch blade

her knuckle tatts read "LOVE" on the right fist and "PIES" on the left

she smokes fat stogies which reek of licorice and only trusts a person after they've sat down and eaten a pie floater with her

Cutter presumably?

There's really not too much to do in character creation, pretty much just 4 dots of stats and a Vice

Also I am not going to play Blades for at least 2 weeks because next week the grad students got conned into working all weekend and the resident is also working, and then the next week is PAX

ughhhh I need to be my awesome person and stab some dudes

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    tempted to run a blades in the dark campaign set in the universe of peaky blinders

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    all I can hear is Chloe from Life is Strange when I watch that game.

But it seems like a great game. Do not have a PS4 to confirm. Watching Strippin' made it seem alright.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
    @SniperGuy @kedinik got any good decks for me

Not ST maybe.... I have that dragon that double scorches...! And 3 legendary northern realms guys sooooo

• HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    ph7UTwv.png?1

who doesn't?

sig.gif
    SniperGuy kedinik got any good decks for me

Not ST maybe.... I have that dragon that double scorches...! And 3 legendary northern realms guys sooooo

I fucking hate seeing that dragon it is an asshole

I'm putting together a shadow runner chat crew in my mind

Some of you have useful... talents

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    my first dating anxiety- before i even dated- was after reading atlas shrugged. in this valley you have (accepting the premise as i did, anyway) good and impressive people. everyone there is remarkable. so how do you decide which moistens your genitals? in a room of people who are kind and passionate and stable and attractive and all that, what does

what does

i don't

probably a good 5% of all american women 21-35 i would find attractive, interesting- and after a few dates we'd still be getting along

how random is all this...

etc

The percentage is probably way higher than that

There are lots of great, lovable people, and more importantly most of us probably go through our lives without meeting the person who is a thunderbolt of passion for us, or without the capacity to experience that, so we don't know what we're missing anyway

While some people can absolutely induce crazy amounts of passion, I suspect it's less specific than we think, but also, the social conception of love is basically a lie and most of what we idolize is actually harmful to believe and science has been done on it, so.

Maybe that doesn't help much! But I think it's less "we don't know what we're missing" for most people and more "what we actually think is ideal is an absurd impossibility."

Wut?

The ideas surrounding relationships and love that are propped up in lots of western media, including elevation of chance, downplay of relationships as work, assumption that the right person is going to fit into life seamlessly and it's gonna be perfect and if there are problems you're incompatible, that love lasts forever*, that conflict is a sign of either incompatibility or abnormality, etc, are all actively harmful and people who subscribe to those beliefs tend to have worse relationships with lower commitment.

*without actually putting in work to maintain relationships

edited March 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    SniperGuy kedinik got any good decks for me

I fucking hate seeing that dragon it is an asshole

Guy just now thought he was so smart, I went iorveth then bounce and replay to kill it.

He also had scorch and Geralt Igni!

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

I assume I am the face?

I pretty much only lose to dbomb last card

Apothe0sis wrote: »

I assume I am the face?

In that we mounted it on the hood of our car to scare people.

The one thing about stat distributions in Blades is that it seems like it's probably best to have at least one dot under insight, resolve, and prowess, so that you are never forced to roll 0 dice to resist harm or to Vice.

On the other hand, possibly rolling 0 dice to go vicing is useful, because then you don't end up as likely to get super high and talk about shit you didn't really mean to

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    ok it's well past bedtime

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    tempted to run a blades in the dark campaign set in the universe of peaky blinders

peaky FOOKIN' blindahs

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    but simonwolf hands have five fingers

r u sure she isn't actually saying she LOVES SPIES

*bond theme trumpets*

pls don't spoil big late game twists

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I didn't even get to try Horizon today. Phone took me 5 hours to set up. Ugh.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Go to bed or watch more baking

Tough choice

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    I'm not bringing this up in the Russia thread because it isn't material to the discussion there, but Nancy Pelosi is a bit of a putz. Particularly because oops her privilege is showing. Brown people, black people, and LGBT people don't have the luxury of just waiting this presidency out. We're being negatively impacted right now and it's been a month and a half.

Nice of her to be late on the party on Sessions, probably waiting to see what the popular reaction is before chiming in with the correct answer.

Except she's not wrong. There is no choice but to wait it out, for one thing, because there's not much that can be done to stop them till the next election in 2018. And because she's not wrong in that a lot of Trump voters are ripe for abandoning him.

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    This dating discrimination against jerk Americans

fuckin' FINISHED

First draft, 7000 words

got my Cruel Angel's Thesis, Cruel Angel's Body Paragraphs, and Cruel Angel's Conclusion all nicely typed up

now to send it to my supervisors and see what they think of this mess

hopefully they're reasonably positive and I can keep cleaning this up for submission to the journal

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

Can I be the local dupe the crew hires to go down for them after they skip town

Last card dbomb again

Seriously only card I lose to. They're not even filtering their deck. Hm, I am and I'm never drawing my counter ambush. Guess it's time to move on.

Didn't draw Geralt Igni either to win easy

Frustrating two days, every loss to one card that largely sat useless in my deck ...

Northern Realms tomorrow

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Go to bed or watch more baking

Tough choice

Fall asleep to a baking podcast

I milled a lot of my cards. It's beta anyway so at some point they'll do a reset. The free to play stuff seems kinda slow, not as many options for earning stuff as Hearthstone, but at least you make progress from winning rounds and not matches.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    One of you will be the seemingly worthless hanger-on that annoys everyone during the entire campaign until the party needs something to distract a dragon while the rest of us escape.

You successfully talk the dragon into committing draconic seppuku, and take its place at the head of a midlevel hospital in Dubuque.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    new bill burr special, new season of british bakeoff, some always sunny episodes i haven't seen yet

*vibrates*

idk what to do

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    new bill burr special, new season of british bakeoff, some always sunny episodes i haven't seen yet

*vibrates*

idk what to do

Masturbate and then have a nap.

in the world of shadowrun, I'm one of the corp scientists you end up murdering once the mission inevitably goes loud...

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    I'm not bringing this up in the Russia thread because it isn't material to the discussion there, but Nancy Pelosi is a bit of a putz. Particularly because oops her privilege is showing. Brown people, black people, and LGBT people don't have the luxury of just waiting this presidency out. We're being negatively impacted right now and it's been a month and a half.

Nice of her to be late on the party on Sessions, probably waiting to see what the popular reaction is before chiming in with the correct answer.

Except she's not wrong. There is no choice but to wait it out, for one thing, because there's not much that can be done to stop them till the next election in 2018. And because she's not wrong in that a lot of Trump voters are ripe for abandoning him.
    You're diminishing two things. First, the courts that have successfully intervened against Trump. Second, the demonstrations / protests that have convinced congressmen and senators to change their tune (though admittedly it's not many).

I refuse to lay down and die.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Yall should watch Macaw here play some obscure FM Towns Marty games

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    shryke wrote: »

You're diminishing two things. First, the courts that have successfully intervened against Trump. Second, the demonstrations / protests that have convinced congressmen and senators to change their tune (though admittedly it's not many).

I refuse to lay down and die.

I'll need some convincing that I'm not already dead, reality has firmly jumped the shark

override367 on
This discussion has been closed.