As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Switching to [STEAM] could save you 15% or more!

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    You can unlock the DLC characters in game just from an in-game currency you earn, don't need to pay cash for them.

It does take approx. 1 million years to do this though

You can get maybe 2 to 4 characters by exhausting all the story content

If you're willing to do survival mode, even just doing it on easy is a decent chunk of fight money.

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I started playing ranked csgo and I don't k ow if my heart can't handle this

I was on fire for the first half then I fell off a cliff and we lost 16-14

Booooooo

Did you rush B?

I tried real hard to make my momma proud but no luck

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    BigDaddyDowd BigDaddyDowd Registered User regular
    So I just recently got back into pc gaming. Looking for some people to play with. Right now I'm currently playing That Player unknowns Battlegrounds but I also picked up Ghost Recon Wildlands and Rocket League. If anyone is looking for somone to co-op with, feel free to add me. http://steamcommunity.com/id/BigDaddyDowd/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    You should try out the Titanfall free weekend coming up

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I saw the D&D angle. If Beamdog is tweeting it, it must be Planescape: EE.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    That game is really low-res isn't it? Shifting that to 1080p is going to make everything tiny.
    Also while the writing totally holds up, that game had weak combat design when it came out.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    yeah I can't play torment. maybe they can overhaul it in a way that makes it playable

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I would totally buy (and then never play) a working version of Planescape Torment.

It goes into the pile of "games PA Forums love" along with Deus Ex, Thief, and VTMB.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    My brother started playing through bloodlines again recently.

Those graphics do not hold up at all.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I can't remember, who was it here that really liked OOTP Baseball? The new one is out today, and is 10% off until the 31st.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    my brand is very strong

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I knew it was one of the mods, I almost tagged the wrong person heh.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Shockingly, it looks like I'm going into the final mission, and the four soldiers who went out on the first mission after the tutorial are all still alive.

873qd86b278u.png
    6jdqtcda2hux.png

Ladies. Gentlemen. It's been an honor. See you on the other side.

Wait, you played the tutorial? Does that mean you haven't played this before?

In XCOM 2, as in XCOM, the best bet is playing the tutorial once to learn stuff and then restart the game with the tutorial off, because the tutorial fucks you in several ways

This was my first time! Immediately after finishing it, I installed the DLC that I had purchased but not installed, so now I'm going back through on Commander with robutts and alien kings or whatever.

Oh, and it didn't give me a squad screen after the last mission, so I'll just say congratulations to Brolo, Madican, Kadith, A Dabble of Thelonius, and Shalmelo for surviving. You are truly similar to, but legally distinct from, Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Oh, and condolences to Sorce who got splatted by a Muton. I swear, I cannot keep a psion alive to save my life.

qyrffpaul79d.png

Sorry, Sorce. You had cool hair.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That hair is anime as fuck. Rad.

sig.gif
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Tamin wrote: »
    I've been messing with Ascension a bit over the past two days. Just against the AI; nothing involved.

I, er, I kinda broke the game.
    about here I just started giggling
    then I managed to get the main deck down to 0
    the score screen is what you'd expect.

What did you do?

What's the blue square? I haven't bought expansions in a while.

Energy. It's from Rise of Vigil, the fourth expansion.

But, exactly? I don't recall now. It was just a crazy feedback loop. I had a couple of permanent 'rally' (dawn of champions) effects in play, maybe a half-dozen ways to draw cards. I would buy several heroes, they would enter my discard pile. Then a monster would inevitably pop up, and killing it would grant me a soul gem (storm of souls), plus the usual rewards. Those gems would then synergize with various multi-unite effects (realms unraveled) I had in play, which granted me runes, power, and more draws.

I just kept going until the main deck hit 0 and was refilled to full.

I'm very fond of the game with some of the later expansions in place. It was always pretty good, but between War of Shadows and Dawn of Champions it's definitely moved up a notch or two.

That said, I would prefer they go through and revamp / remove some of the older cards. Maybe add in more heroes (and I would prefer to select the faction, instead of being randomly assigned)

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Oh the alien kings are dlc that explains why they are suck pricks

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    I decided it would be a good idea to embark on my Pillars of Eternity journey with the following options enabled:
    Path of the Damned
    Expert Mode
    Trial of Iron

... after reaching the first town once across three attempts, I have reconsidered the third option. Especially as a wizard.

Did have a question, though. I am given the option of manually creating a party member ("hiring an adventurer") through the tavern. This seems pretty useful*, but also completely at odds with my perception of the conventions of the crpg.
    - is this worth the investment?
    - will my party fill up reasonably fast on its own?
    - are they characters (in the sense of Calisca, Heodan, and Aloth) or just companions (in the sense of the mercs in Diablo II)?

* it brings to mind Dragon Warrior III, of all things.

• Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I finally got the greenhouse in Stardew Valley.

What are some good crops I can grow year-round?

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Fruit Trees, yo

also Cranberries. Really anything that produces multiple harvests is super good.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    blueberries, strawberries

hops are good if you want to make kegs (which you should, they're very profitable)

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Man SFV is an incredibly shitty piece of software. It doesn't exit properly. It doesn't support borderless windows. It locks you out of the story mode completely if the servers are down, which they have been all day.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »

I've been growing strawberries, but that's also because I married Maru and she's crazy about strawberries.Better than having to give up my batteries which I'm saving for Iridium sprinklers.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Man SFV is an incredibly shitty piece of software. It doesn't exit properly. It doesn't support borderless windows. It locks you out of the story mode completely if the servers are down, which they have been all day.

Yeah capcom really needs to get their shit together for their ports.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

Pretty much, if it wasn't street fighter nobody would touch it

The fighting game part is good when it works but the everything else is shoddy as hell

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    I decided it would be a good idea to embark on my Pillars of Eternity journey with the following options enabled:
    Path of the Damned
    Expert Mode
    Trial of Iron

... after reaching the first town once across three attempts, I have reconsidered the third option. Especially as a wizard.

Did have a question, though. I am given the option of manually creating a party member ("hiring an adventurer") through the tavern. This seems pretty useful*, but also completely at odds with my perception of the conventions of the crpg.
    - is this worth the investment?
    - will my party fill up reasonably fast on its own?
    - are they characters (in the sense of Calisca, Heodan, and Aloth) or just companions (in the sense of the mercs in Diablo II)?

* it brings to mind Dragon Warrior III, of all things.

-I guess?
    -The party will fill up at a moderate pace, faster if you know where to go.
    -They are completely without personality. Like an Icewind Dale party.

I'd turn off Expert Mode too, it just turns off nice convenience things without actually making the game itself harder.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

You can plant Fruit trees in the non dirt as well.
    lpz8cwc3bt9w.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ivar wrote: »
    Shockingly, it looks like I'm going into the final mission, and the four soldiers who went out on the first mission after the tutorial are all still alive.

873qd86b278u.png
    6jdqtcda2hux.png

Ladies. Gentlemen. It's been an honor. See you on the other side.

Wait, you played the tutorial? Does that mean you haven't played this before?

In XCOM 2, as in XCOM, the best bet is playing the tutorial once to learn stuff and then restart the game with the tutorial off, because the tutorial fucks you in several ways

Wait, what? Is that why when I tried to play through XCOM (2012) it was more of a constant uphill battle than I was expecting?

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Nah. The tutorial in Enemy Unknown/Within kills off three people on your first mission, which is a minor setback on anything less than impossible difficulty.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    It's just to show you that your staff dying and being replaced by bullshit circumstances is a thing that will happen.

Most people do recommend restarting after the tutorial and skipping it, though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    In XCOM eu the tutorial also picks your starting location and spends some of your money, making it more difficult to crank out satellites.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The tutorial is fine your first time through playing on Normal.

It's not recommended for playing ever again unless you're interested in it from like, a narrative perspective.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

keep in mind this is the massively patched software too

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

keep in mind this is the massively patched software too

they even massively patched a windows rootkit into it!

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/09/23/capcom_street_fighter_v/

and then had to remove it once Steam said they were going to de-list the game

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

lpz8cwc3bt9w.jpg

no they patched that out

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

lpz8cwc3bt9w.jpg

no they patched that out

And then they patched it back in!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hm, so I've got a quest warlord to kill for Shadow of Mordor.

Combat master (immune to combat damage and combat finishers)
    Invulnerable to Stealth
    Invulnerable to Range

Only weakness is fear of burning.

Do I uh... just kind of hope he walks near a fire I can explode? What do I do?

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

lpz8cwc3bt9w.jpg

no they patched that out

And then they patched it back in!
    Yup

Just tried it myself, works fine! Though, I think I planted them too close to the wall... :(

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
This discussion has been closed.