As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Switching to [STEAM] could save you 15% or more!

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    God damn I love Sid Meier's Pirates!

I reinstall and put in about 20 hours every year or two.

It absolutely holds up to an astounding degree.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    I can not wait to kill every single one of those assholes.

I thought I was done with Far Cry but it's a game about killing white supremacist militia crazy Bible fucks?

I'm back in, baby.

That wolf seems alright though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    I can not wait to kill every single one of those assholes.

I thought I was done with Far Cry but it's a game about killing white supremacist militia crazy Bible fucks?

I'm back in, baby.

That wolf seems alright though.

Well, obviously. I'll leave the wolf alive to tell the tale.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    What baby

IGNORE ME

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I've been out of the loop for almost a goddamn year, due to moving across the country, getting married, buying a house, the house falling apart around me, etc.

Can anyone recommend a way to find duplicates from humble bundles / steam sales, and then put them up for gifting for just friends and forumers?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    the baby?

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Fallout 4's plot is literally just Fallout 3 and New Vegas's smooshed together.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Add a splash of stupid and baby you got a Fallout 4

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the baby?

7cgfa4l3och4.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Having a family member you just met go missing/get kidnapped/whatever is probably the worst way to get me involved in a game. I know nothing about this character, I don't actually care all that much right now. Maybe if I'd gotten to hang around with them a while, sure, but I saw them for like 10 minutes and then whoops gone but now they are The Most Important Thing.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    I don't see why "my village is dying, I must venture forth to get <macguffin>, but in the process I am changed and my village rejects me upon my return" wouldn't work a third time.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I wrote off the baby as soon as it was taken and guessed the "twist" of FO4 pretty much instantly.
    "Oh good, so these guys came in here and took the kid before putting me back on ice. $10 says the baby is going to grow up to be the antagonist."

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    I wrote off the baby as soon as it was taken and guessed the "twist" of FO4 pretty much instantly.
    "Oh good, so these guys came in here and took the kid before putting me back on ice. $10 says the baby is going to grow up to be the antagonist."

meanwhile,
    You're walking around saying things that imply that even though you have no idea how long you've been on ice, you've assumed it's just been like a couple days. it broke me out of the character because that wasn't what I had assumed at all

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So endless space 2 is apparently out, has anybody played it?

I haven't played it myself, but a friend keeps singing its virtues.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Guess who has two thumbs and just jacked a Royal Sloop from the Spanish? This guy!

Also, I've been playing this game for fifteen years, and I just now realized that the log book that reveals the location of all the Dutch settlements is called a Dutch Rutter.

Well played, Sid Meier. Well played.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »

meanwhile,
    You're walking around saying things that imply that even though you have no idea how long you've been on ice, you've assumed it's just been like a couple days. it broke me out of the character because that wasn't what I had assumed at all

the decision to focus more on the story and their writing is the most baffling decision bethesda could have made

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    you'd think they could hire some good writers

like those boys and girls at obsidian

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Sorry, we spent all that money on getting a celebrity to record 50 sentences at the start of the game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    also Tod needed five new cars. and then the plant got stuck in the wall again and rebooting a building is costly.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2017

meanwhile,

I haven't played it, but
    wouldn't there be some context clues as to how long this (second?) on-ice period was? Like, the Pipboy-equivalent ought to have that information. The character innately knowing that would track.

If the PC is wrong about the passage of time, that seems like an issue.

Tamin on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »

meanwhile,

I haven't played it, but
    wouldn't there be some context clues as to how long this (second?) on-ice period was? Like, the Pipboy-equivalent ought to have that information. The character innately knowing that would track.

You get flash frozen on purpose when the bombs drop. Then you awaken to see your partner and baby being unfrozen, the baby kidnapped and
    your partner murdered
    . Then you get refrozen. THEN you unfreeze again later and start the game proper. Your character assumes their second freezing was a matter of hours or perhaps days, but is told it was in fact ten years! Then later on you find out that wasn't right either...

• Options

meanwhile,

I haven't played it, but

You get flash frozen on purpose when the bombs drop. Then you awaken to see your partner and baby being unfrozen, the baby kidnapped and
    your partner murdered
    . Then you get refrozen. THEN you unfreeze again later and start the game proper. Your character assumes their second freezing was a matter of hours or perhaps days, but is told it was in fact ten years! Then later on you find out that wasn't right either...

Comics! Video Games!

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Sorry, we spent all that money on getting a celebrity to record 50 sentences at the start of the game

was it carol burnett

she is a treasure I will buy your game

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://twitter.com/microtrailers

here's a very cool twitter bot that helps you keep abreast of steam releases

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular

meanwhile,

I haven't played it, but

your partner murdered

Comics! Video Games!

Sounds like Bethesda-tier writing all right.

• Options
    Appropriately, Fallout 4 is having a free weekend on steam.

this would raise some interesting questions in my head about their definition of the word 'weekend', but instead I'm just going to quietly nod and go zonk out with some meds

• Options
    oh man like four weeks of back unemployment that I wasn't really expecting just came through

must... not... buy... PUBG...

must... remain... responsible...

grrrrr

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Fallout 4 is honestly pretty skippable.

I bought it and the DLC season pass when the game first released. I played about 10 hours of it and got suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper bored and haven't touched it since. I feel silly for having bought the season pass and quitting before any of the DLC even released.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    are they still doing the vr fallout 4 version

that seems like something i'd buy for $70 and then play for 15 minutes

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I played the VR version as a demo and it was really bad.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I am the person who scoffs at people who have game back logs. I've never bought a game I didn't finish at least once. As in, when I get a Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row game, they get beaten.

I haven't finished Fallout 4, and I probably never will.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I am the person who scoffs at people who have game back logs. I've never bought a game I didn't finish at least once. As in, when I get a Grand Theft Auto or Saints Row game, they get beaten.

I almost want to release you on my backlog and see which breaks first, you or the backlog heh. ( is around 400ish games)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

I almost want to release you on my backlog and see which breaks first, you or the backlog heh. ( is around 400ish games)

I don't know how big mine is, but it only grows. 500+? A huge part of the problem is I keep playing games like Warframe and Guild Wars 2 and Dungeon Defenders 2, all of which keep getting new content. But all these other games I've bought? 1, 4, 10 hours into it and then I'm back to Warframe or Minecraft or whatever.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i finally organised my steam games so i had an "unplayed" section, but actually for at least quite a few of the games I'm not super into what they have to offer at the moment. Like, i've got a few that i've got no interest in because they really only came in weird bundles, but even the ones that i'm pretty sure are going to be fantastic, i'm kinda hesitant on because I haven't felt in the right headspace for.

these include: 80 Days, Consortium, Life is Strange, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Papers Please, Shelter.

All pretty enjoyable games i'm sure, but just ones that i'm not sure if i want to get into right today

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    80 days was good but those steve jackson games they did sucked

• Options

what do you do with bundle sales?

because that's where the vast majority of my backlog goes, I'll get a bundle for one game and then get seven additional games with it

but it's still cheaper than buying the game I wanted solo

jkgnAk5.jpg
    https://www.humblebundle.com/humble-indie-bundle-18

like this was quite worth it for steamworld heist just by itself
    doubt i'm ever going to spend time with goat sim or neon drive though

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    hey so i finally got back to jedi outcast

and i got to the bit where i got my lightsaber

and the first level after is set in a gang city

and this game is actually super bad

just feels awful and unresponsive, and the first thing they do after giving you a lightsaber is put you in a level with a whole lot of laser snipers who can't be blocked and just whittle you away and your attacks are super slow to actually do so everyone shoots you as you are trying to swing and kill them and the force powers feel bad and g_saberrealisticcombat 1 isn't really doing much and the level design is super unclear and tedious and has awful platforming

i really can't believe that the game is so unfun to play after i really enjoyed getting back into jedi academy not so long ago

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Lalabox wrote: »
    hey so i finally got back to jedi outcast

and i got to the bit where i got my lightsaber

and the first level after is set in a gang city

and this game is actually super bad

just feels awful and unresponsive, and the first thing they do after giving you a lightsaber is put you in a level with a whole lot of laser snipers who can't be blocked and just whittle you away and your attacks are super slow to actually do so everyone shoots you as you are trying to swing and kill them and the force powers feel bad and g_saberrealisticcombat 1 isn't really doing much and the level design is super unclear and tedious and has awful platforming

i really can't believe that the game is so unfun to play after i really enjoyed getting back into jedi academy not so long ago

I believe you're supposed to use force speed to dodge the snipers, at a certain level you'll just matrix-dodge the sniper shots automatically

outcast should play more or less the same as jedi academy, I don't remember a big difference between the force powers in academy and outcast

the back half of the game is a lot more fun that the first half, once you get to bespin you should have most of your powers and enough upgrades to murder normal troopers

the game is 15 years old at this point, so that's probably a pretty big factor in why it feels dated

also with force pull 3 you can do this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB_TpD9HP_M

Brolo on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    08owmwd4ver5.png

Now I have a ship of the line. Ho ho ho.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.