As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Attractive singers trying to be actors

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wE8dyzEJE

See, this time, humans are like deer. Get it? Get it?

I wondered if Krasinski was the director because Blunt is also in it (and his real life wife) since he wants to direct stuff and yep, he is.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Holy Shit that 'Resident' trailer looks FUCKING TERRIBLE.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    so Jim is directing a horror movie where he is only allowed to make faces at people instead of talk

convenient

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Zampanov wrote: »
    so Jim is directing a horror movie where he is only allowed to make faces at people instead of talk

convenient

I genuinely wonder how much footage and outtakes there are of his Jack Ryan Amazon show where he Jims the camera because he literally can't stop never stopping it.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I just like how they are "Academy award winner adrian brody" yes in a movie about some kind of demon dog/antonio banderas hitman, yes that he won an oscar is important.

Wouldn't be surprised one bit if it was a SAG-mandated thing that it be included once you've been nominated for or won one.

• Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    Give me more swole Predators Brody please.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

I was very down on this when it was announced, but this has given me hope that it won't destroy another cherished childhood property.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    DCTV Crisis on Earth-X Crossover Full Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUi0_0yijsE

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

they do this stuff and the movie guys release Justice League... clearly the wrong people are in charge of film.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    every blizzard cinematic makes me wonder why anyone thought doing the warcraft movie in live action was a good idea

well it would cost a ton, but if there's one studio that can afford it, it's Blizzard. Hell they might even do for video game movies what Marvel film studios has done for comic book.
    We'll just have to see how Overwatch turns out.

I mean, it wouldn't cost any more than Warcraft already cost, they spent a fortune on it - a pixar movie is cheaper

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    every blizzard cinematic makes me wonder why anyone thought doing the warcraft movie in live action was a good idea

well it would cost a ton, but if there's one studio that can afford it, it's Blizzard. Hell they might even do for video game movies what Marvel film studios has done for comic book.
    We'll just have to see how Overwatch turns out.

I mean, it wouldn't cost any more than Warcraft already cost, they spent a fortune on it - a pixar movie is cheaper

Pixar does everything in house while I doubt Blizzard had to do much more than line out what the basic story should be and the rest was handled by Legendary Pictures and the slew of other production companies involved. In fact i doubt it cost them anything to make at all.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Ehhh. I would still rather DC/CW do a Green Lantern event. A man can dream.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »

they do this stuff and the movie guys release Justice League... clearly the wrong people are in charge of film.

Ooh, now there's a reason to watch those shows again! Even the flash looked cheerful again!

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    tbloxham wrote: »
    darkmayo wrote: »

Ooh, now there's a reason to watch those shows again! Even the flash looked cheerful again!
    The Flash has been really chill and silly, with very little of the DRAMA that plagued it the past couple of seasons.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    tbh a Warcraft animated series feels like that would be the way to go but I'm not in charge of anything

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Ehhh. I would still rather DC/CW do a Green Lantern event. A man can dream.

They've teased Green Lantern likely being a thing in the CW verse enough times that I think it's just waiting the nod from the execs before he shows up.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Best Friend From Heaven (2018)

https://youtu.be/KfD8nLAeMDQ

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Nothing about any of that preview image makes me want to see it or even watch the preview.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »

Just guessing from the title and thumbnail, this is a movie about a dog from heaven that comes to Earth to help with the two human's relationship?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Please, that premise sounds absolutely ridiculous

It's about a woman's dog who gets hit by a car on her wedding day and he comes back from heaven as a ghost to help them organise their rescheduled wedding

also the dog is voiced by Kris Kristofferson

• Options

It's about a woman's dog who gets hit by a car on her wedding day and he comes back from heaven as a ghost to help them organise their rescheduled wedding

I don't believe you but I'm also not willing to watch the trailer to find out.

I like to ART
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I like Skeldare's interpretation of a Youtube preview thumbnail more then the actual movie plot.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular

This trailer make me flinch back in my seat. Very cringe inducing.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Do you enjoy saccharine movies about dogs? How about saccharine movies about heaven? Well, watch what happens when we put them togeth....OH NO IT'S OUT OF CONTROL! RICO! RICO! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

• Options
    It'll be the best movie ever stop being cat people, all of you!

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Whenever the thing is like "if you make a sound, the monster will get you" I just think about the nonstop environmental noises.

Like at some point in Alien: Isolation
    The space station starts tearing apart and like falling into a gas giant. BUT you still get eaten if you run instead of walk, because apparently in the middle of explosions/screaming/shaking/rending of thousands of tons of metal your fucking pitter-patter is a beacon for the aliens.

Like if the crunch of leaves is enough, shouldn't it be kind of overwhelmed by the nonstop crinkling of leaves during Fall? I guess maybe it's the steadiness of the pattern though.

But like pouring sand still makes a sound! It's just not a very loud sound. But then neither is a leaf crunching from what must be a significant distance!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Do you enjoy saccharine movies about dogs? How about saccharine movies about heaven? Well, watch what happens when we put them togeth....OH NO IT'S OUT OF CONTROL! RICO! RICO! YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W29-B47dcVA

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Whenever the thing is like "if you make a sound, the monster will get you" I just think about the nonstop environmental noises.

The space station starts tearing apart and like falling into a gas giant. BUT you still get eaten if you run instead of walk, because apparently in the middle of explosions/screaming/shaking/rending of thousands of tons of metal your fucking pitter-patter is a beacon for the aliens.

Like if the crunch of leaves is enough, shouldn't it be kind of overwhelmed by the nonstop crinkling of leaves during Fall? I guess maybe it's the steadiness of the pattern though.

But like pouring sand still makes a sound! It's just not a very loud sound. But then neither is a leaf crunching from what must be a significant distance!

also, do these people never fart or get a grumbly in their tumbly? come on.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular

also, do these people never fart or get a grumbly in their tumbly? come on.

Yes! Exactly. Like it makes sense as an attempt to expand a localized fear of like oh gosh I need to hold my breath while the killer looks into this room to something generalized but I feel like the immediacy of the response makes it seem off.

Like if a bear farts in the woods does this monster shred it? If not, what determines the targeting?

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    How do they not make noise cooking?

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Funny how any movie where survival depends on being quiet involves characters that don't have kids. I guess it would be too short a movie otherwise.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Funny how any movie where survival depends on being quiet involves characters that don't have kids. I guess it would be too short a movie otherwise.

The movie we're talking about has 2 kids, in the Jurassoc Park mode.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BCZ6ZWos6c

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular

This reminds me. All Dogs Go To Heaven was probably the most disturbing Don Bluth film of my youth.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular

I honestly couldn't believe this description could be true so had to watch the trailer to fin out; what you've failed to mention are the horrific special effects with regards to making the dog lips move.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BCZ6ZWos6c

I was really hoping this wasn't a parody and someone and just made everyones head in JP bigger.

I like to ART
  • Options

this is basically one of those fake movies from the animated series "The Critic" that parody hollywood

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    So... maybe this has been brought up already or even discussed at length; I'm not reading the entire thread to find out.

Black Panther trailer:
    The hero and the villain are both black, but the hero has a cultured, semi-British accent (I know it's an African English accent; I just don't know from where specifically), and the villain has a very American Black accent. Did that bother anyone else? Like they were using/reinforcing the stereotypes of the "good," non-threatening Black person vs. the "inner-city thug" Black person. It felt like in a movie where the majority of the characters are Black and are incidentally members of a highly advanced civilization, they still managed to make the villain the "wrong kind" of Black person.

Am I overthinking this? I'm white, so it's hard to tell.

(Any wrong or misused terms in this post are unintentional; sorry if I said something insensitive.)

Calica on