As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

collective [chat]

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Clear paneling on electronics is awesome if the interior of your electronics have good cable management and whatnot.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Essential,
    j6mfrqhlbfzl.jpg

Is this a chastity belt but for your lollipops

When you can't help yourself but lick it like 6 times a day, sometimes at work

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Does Ice T not still do TV acting, that he needs to do ad gigs for Fridays?
    He makes about 4 million a year, TGI-Fridays could add a big chunk to his pay check.

Alternately maybe he just really likes the apps. It is good food for those who have been hitting the chronic.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Clear paneling on electronics is awesome if the interior of your electronics have good cable management and whatnot.

Look inside yourself
    (And your case)
    You know it to be false

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Honestly if I showed up at a TGIFridays and Ice T was there, I'd know it was going to be a good day.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i think ice T probably also likes getting paid to do things and doesn't really gaf what you think about him

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man I just watched the Kimmel - GW highlights. Stop making me laugh GW!

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    this defendant is me

elmPnus.png

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly if I showed up at a TGIFridays and Ice T was there, I'd know it was going to be a good day.

right!?

I'd be all "HEY ICE T CAN I HUNT YOU IN THE WOODS LIKE GARY BUSEY!?"

"NO? okay..."

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Essential,
    j6mfrqhlbfzl.jpg

Is this a chastity belt but for your lollipops

When you can't help yourself but lick it like 6 times a day, sometimes at work

Well, it's like a chastity belt in that it would in all likelihood keep you chaste while you wore it

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Look inside yourself
    (And your case)
    You know it to be false

My case looks awesome and the clear panel on mine is even cooler. It's on the top and has a soft LED that cycles slowly between colors. It is tasteful and awesome.

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm as cynical as they come
    I'd be welling to bet cash money Ice T aint advertising shit in that tweet.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Clear paneling on electronics is extremely gauche

if there aren't clear panels how can you see all the cool case lights though?

Yes that would certainly be a shame

I can't claim to have a very high taste level

...this wednesday when I went out to help my friend buy wedding dresses I realized that was sort of a problem (or is it...)

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Its not really arranged properly for an actual ad. I remember he advertised Borderlands 1 when it came out because he picked it up and was enjoying the hell out of it. He just likes things and tweets about them.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    -link to story about Ice-T doing the audio book for a D&D novel here-

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Aioua wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    One day BC will see a picture of her from years ago and instead of finding an awkward seed to the beautiful woman she was to becomes she will see it and it will appear to her as a charming woman she used to be, withered husk that she is, but until then let her bask in fleeting youth and think nothing of it.

No I didn't just see a Facebook THIS HAPPENED 6 YEARS AGO thing shut up I've always been this fat what are you insinuating?

10698610_436750996465590_307372297156197902_n.jpg?oh=069d98917880c1dab0cf7bdb638b8d62&oe=5925B603

I think I have always been a benightgown'd old lady

I'm just over here looking at that PC

that blue and yellow keyboard, with a spiral PS/2 connector?
    is that a parallel port?

@spool32 tell me the story of that keyboard

@Aioua observe!

ar2FZXsl.png

1: traditional home-build beige mid-tower. Note the red crayon scribble on the side.
    2: PS/2 keyboard interface in red. Serial mouse in grey. VGA monitor (to Samsung 17" GLSI flat screen (not flat panel) CRT) in beige. POTS line to internal 24.4 modem in white.
    3: Mouse platform, leather, adjustable wrist rest. Not visible: mouse cable management antenna. It was slightly slanted down and right, and remains the best mousing surface I ever owned.
    4: Logitech serial 3-button (no scroll wheel) ergonomic roller-ball mouse. A fantastic product that withstood many years of use/abuse by the kids.
    5: Happy-face color coded kid typing trainer keyboard! Waterproof, with a colored home row, space, and enter key, and (see arrows) big blue smiley-face eyes, nose, and blue smiley wrist-rest mouth. That thing was literally indestructible - it worked until all three kids graduated into real keyboards.

That PC was probably a P-90 at the time, and I would play "taxi" on it with the kids watching, which was really GTA3 taxi missions except I followed all the traffic laws and never stole anything.

This is...

Factually the most adorable thing

Ever

I've never seen something so adorable. It actually hurts.

I know that both myself and the nouns in this picture exist on Actual Earth, and it's creating a contradiction. How can such ugly realities as what happened to me last night and the above Pictured Nouns exist in the same world.

Yes, I'm hungover, and yes I am actually crying over this.

This is heart-breakingly adorable. My heart is broken.

I know times get rough, but I want you to look at this picture every day, and know it's all worth it. If this is in fact @Blameless Cleric in the picture,I have now seen what a child well-loved becomes, and it is truly the greatest.

@spool32

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i think ice T probably also likes getting paid to do things and doesn't really gaf what you think about him

He really doesn't. I think its one of the reasons he gets less shit for his non rap work than folks like Cube. He's never really behaved any differently when interviewed, etc.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    remove the ad on the right by making Yahoo your default search engine

pffffthahahahahaha

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    I'll be honest, if I ever become like a famous survival guy and get one of those A&E or Discovery TV shows I'm going full on product placement.

Like I will sell out in a heartbeat, take my pieces of silver, and go live like a hermit.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Really feeling the Pat Benetar right now.

Goddamn Shadows Of The Night is so fucking awesome.

• Options
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

He really doesn't. I think its one of the reasons he gets less shit for his non rap work than folks like Cube. He's never really behaved any differently when interviewed, etc.

my favorite is like in interviews about the early days when he's just like "yeah i bit that beat off this dude no one's ever heard of from Philly"

dude just wants to get paid and got tired of living a hard life

i support him 100%

• Options
    I'll be honest, if I ever become like a famous survival guy and get one of those A&E or Discovery TV shows I'm going full on product placement.

Like I will sell out in a heartbeat, take my pieces of silver, and go live like a hermit.

"Buy Gold because you'll need it, so says Not Chuck."

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    porpporp Registered User regular
    Lol. Lineup of cars at number ones school:

Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Range Rover, Honda Pilot. Guess which one mine is. Lolz.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular

:whistle:
    We belong to the night, we belong to the thuuuuuunder...
    We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under...

My roommate and I occasionally sing this in duet for no raisin, just for funsies. :D

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular

Did you see what next weeks New Yorker cover is?

CoverStory-Blitt-Putin-690x938-1487888273.jpg

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular

Its not really arranged properly for an actual ad. I remember he advertised Borderlands 1 when it came out because he picked it up and was enjoying the hell out of it. He just likes things and tweets about them.

Ehhhhh. Picture is reasonably well-lit, he drops an @ mention of the official account, and they are posing with expensive non-default drinks. Make it a little less-than-perfect to make it seem "authentic", and boom.

• Options
    Alright I'll say it because I'm the only one brave enough

BC lookin like a total nerdlette in that picture

5/7 would shove in locker

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    I think I'm going to make my next PC a mini build since my PC is just a shitload of RAM and a half decent graphics card. I need enough space for an SSD and a bunch of USB3 outlets.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    For all of Ted Nugent's faults, his first few albums are really good.

• Options
    porp wrote: »
    Lol. Lineup of cars at number ones school:

Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Range Rover, Honda Pilot. Guess which one mine is. Lolz.

the reliable one with plenty of room for kiddos?

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

We belong to the night, we belong to the thuuuuuunder...
    We belong to the sound of the words we've both fallen under...

My roommate and I occasionally sing this in duet for no raisin, just for funsies. :D

YES! That one has special meaning to me. But I've told that story a few times.

• Options

Na it'll be like "the bushfucker 3000 is the ULTIMATE survival knife just LOOK AT THIS GODDAMN PARACORD THAT SHIT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE SON!"

• Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I think I'm going to make my next PC a mini build since my PC is just a shitload of RAM and a half decent graphics card. I need enough space for an SSD and a bunch of USB3 outlets.

you don't even need that anymore

m.2 what what

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    Jordan Peele tweeted this so it's ok for me to post his tweet

• Options
    An m.2 is an SSD!

At what point in the jury selection process do I shout jury nullification over and over

• Options

Na it'll be like "the bushfucker 3000 is the ULTIMATE survival knife just LOOK AT THIS GODDAMN PARACORD THAT SHIT CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE SON!"

"Tactical flashlight attachment necessary for your late night survival needs!"

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    An m.2 is an SSD!

At what point in the jury selection process do I shout jury nullification over and over

yeah but you don't need room for it in your case

it just nestles right on top of the mobo

• Options
    Ludious have you seen Get Out yet
    Get Out spoilers
    that tweet from peele is a Get Out reference.

• Options
    An m.2 is an SSD!

in MS it's easy to get out of Jury Duty. They ask the entire pool who there has a gambling problem. If you're willing to raise your hand you're allowed to leave.

This discussion has been closed.