As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestlingmania] the ultimate somethingsomethingmumblemumble

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    They don't need to? A lot of us legitimately like Roman Reigns here. Some more than others.

On top of that, he's been putting on decent to great matches since 2015 with a multitude of people.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm telling you Roman needed to take the hat and duster for himself

i'd rather a good wrestler find it in a year

Ok but

Roman is good.

i didn't know the mcmahons had an account here

I didn't know you had bad opinions

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    When wirehead has owned you, then it might be time to hang up the ole posting boots.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Best WrestleMania ending ever

No question, no argument.

I have an argument. Daniel Bryan.

Hmmmmmmm

OK you have a good point. Second best.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    When wirehead has owned you, then it might be time to hang up the ole posting boots.

thankfully such a day will never come

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    really my only actual qualms with the show are:

kane not being involved with the retirement
    my girl nia being punked
    bray losing

also goldberg losing but i am in the minority there

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »

Ok but

Roman is good.

i didn't know the mcmahons had an account here

I didn't know you had bad opinions

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Roman is good at wrestling but not good with the story they are trying to write for him
    Maybe he could do something interesting as a zombie man

• Options

A challenge then!

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

don't make me post the dril tweet

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Roman pretty consistently has good to great matches.

His booking and writing has been the problem, not his abilities.

• Options

don't make me post the dril tweet

i'm only getting larger tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    really my only actual qualms with the show are:

kane not being involved with the retirement
    my girl nia being punked
    bray losing

also goldberg losing but i am in the minority there

Goldberg is great, I'm with you here

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    The pace was off on a bunch of the matches, like...both womens matches and the tag match could have used a bit more room to operate, but I thought it was overall a pretty decent show. Much better than last year's, but not up to the standard set by 30 and 31. I don't want to start speculating on next year's Wrestlemania, by any means, but presumably sending Goldberg and Undertaker into the sunset, and not having any real guest spots by people like Austin or the Rock kind of makes this one really feel like they're right up against the limits of their standard Wrestlemania strategy of using old stars to sell tickets. I'm sure they'll pull some guys back in, but it's going to be interesting to see how they try to build for next year without having some of their Wrestlemania safety nets in play.

I mean, I'm sure they'll find someone new to wrangle in, but it's kind of shit or get off the pot time

I heavily agree with this, as the only old name wrestler they can get to still wrestle for them is Triple HHH. The big names from the previous era still around are John Cena, Randy Orton, Mark Henry, and the Big Show. Most of them are slowly fading into the background, and of them, only Orton and Cena could be seen as big headliners. I'm curious to see what Wrestlemania looks like next year.

• Options
    let undertaker's hat be the treasure the entire roster fights over for a year like the spear of destiny

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Lesnar/Reigns was a really cool match even before Seth Rollins stepped in to give it an ending people actually liked

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The reason I feel DBry's ending was better was relevance. I love Undertaker, but he's been past his due date for at least a couple years, even with his 1/year schedule. Daniel was at the height of his career and finally slew the dragon. It was my favorite moment in wrestling ever.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3XxN0A7ds

Like, Matt wouldn't resign with the WWE if he didn't at least have some kind of creative control here, right? Will they be re-broken on RAW or something?
    Or are they seriously just gonna stick with the old Hardy Boyz?

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Raw should be interesting tomorrow. Hell, Smackdown should be interesting Tuesday. Gonna be interesting having a live post-Mania Smackdown for once.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    My only problem with Roman is, I don't really have a feel for WHO he is.

Like, The Rock? Just an exaggerated Dwayne Johnson. Same with Stone Cold, KO, hell, even Goldberg. The best in the buisness always feel like outlandish versions of themselves.

Even if they weren't, they FEEL like it.

Roman still feels like a text to speech device. Which wasn't always the case! But was when he got THE PUSH.

I always felt like we're always on the brink of seeing that person, but we never will.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID3XxN0A7ds

Like, Matt wouldn't resign with the WWE if he didn't at least have some kind of creative control here, right? Will they be re-broken on RAW or something?
    Or are they seriously just gonna stick with the old Hardy Boyz?

I think the WWE dropped a bunch of money on them and they're smart enough to not throw out the first thing in years that's made the two of them relevant, even if it probably ends up as kind of a neutered version of it

though bray wyatt projected bugs onto the ring so maybe they're just ready to get weird

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Oh don't worry they'll make sure to have three of the top matches go to Triple H, Shane, and Brock in some fashion.

• Options
    Just rename the Broken shit Matt Hardy Version 2.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

The idea that "being the Undertaker" becomes its own equivalent of a belt is something I'd watch the shit out of. Like a wrestling version of Battle for the Cowl or something.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Raw should open with Undertaker's gong and it blacks out long enough for his robe and hat to appear in the ring again

a bunch of refs and agents all walk out in mass hysteria and surround the ring all afraid to touch it

Vince walks out last and can be clearly asking for, "Mark?" as the camera stays focused on him

the camera spins around to see Roman at the top of the ramp

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Oh don't worry they'll make sure to have three of the top matches go to Triple H, Shane, and Brock in some fashion.

HHH and Brock sure, Shane not so much.

• Options
    or just have mick foley show up as the undertaker next year and no one acknowledges it

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    They're running out of legends to sell Manias.

HHH still has a couple more. Rock probably has another match in him. Maybe Angle gets healthy...probably not. Cena has a few more.

It's gonna get weird in a few years, because they're going to need to make some stars.

• Options
    I already found several Hardy's Mania reaction videos with people CRYING over it.

Damn.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Didnt get to post during Mania so Ill be brief

I liked it, was about an hour too long though the needed about 2 less matches.

Bray vs Randy finish was shit, Roman needed to be a bit more of a dick to Taker to sell it for me.

Triple H's entrance as usual was absurd and amazing, Seths too.

Yay Hardys, Yay New Day FF14 costumes,

• Options
    Roman only has to be The Undertaker for like 2-3 PPVs and Seth defeats him to break the curse

• Options

Well, I mean, you get Lesnar the right opponent and the right story and he can have really cool, memorable matches. Triple H works super well as kind of an end boss type character who is very good at putting over younger talent at Wrestlemania (seriously though he's been doing some of the best in-ring work of his career the past few years and he's one of the best in-ring storytellers they've got). Shane...should probably stop, yeah.

• Options
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    They're running out of legends to sell Manias.

HHH still has a couple more. Rock probably has another match in him. Maybe Angle gets healthy...probably not. Cena has a few more.

It's gonna get weird in a few years, because they're going to need to make some stars.

They have stars, what they need is stars on par with HHH and Taker.

But the current booking philosophy doesn't encourage that, and I don't see things changing on that front unless more NXT writers seep in to Raw.

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    Raw should open with Undertaker's gong and it blacks out long enough for his robe and hat to appear in the ring again

a bunch of refs and agents all walk out in mass hysteria and surround the ring all afraid to touch it

Vince walks out last and can be clearly asking for, "Mark?" as the camera stays focused on him

the camera spins around to see Roman at the top of the ramp

The hat and coat just appear on RAW but like, it's just there in the background. It's in an open locker, it's draped over a chair in an office.

After a few months, someone acknowledges this

Another month later, we have vignettes where superstars just start talking to it

Undertaker is basically the Lich King

• Options
    anyways, the solution to any roman reigns booking problems is to have seth rollins run in, add himself to the match, win, and then run away

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I thought it was a good show, but I wasn't blown away.

Missed the CW match.

Saw the battle royal from just before the Gronk stuff. Whatever.

Deano being preshow was shitty. Match was fine.

AJ/Shane was really good. AJ is fucking amazing.

Really enjoyed KO/Jericho.

Raw women were good, but I'd have liked more of it.

Tag ladder match was good, glad to see the Hardys back(broken or not).

I wasn't really in to Seth/HHH, maybe because I haven't watched Raw in months and had no connection to it. Thought HHH's entrance was underwhelming. His trike looked silly. Steph looked great. Seth's entranc was simple but cool. Good match, I just didn't care.

Mixed tag was not offensive. Proposal was a cool moment.

Bray/Orton was fine. The ring effects were interesting. Would have preferred Bray retain, but didn't expect it.

Brock/Goldberg was done really well.

Smackdown women seemed incredibly rushed. Think they deserved better, but the show was really fucking long.

Sad about Taker apparently being done, but it kind of had to happen. Had a sliver of hope for a heel turn and a vicious beating, but fuck me. Vest is fucking stupid.

I think I'm going to watch Raw for the first time in a long time tomorrow, to see Bizarroworld where they boo the people they like(Vesty Magee) and the Hardys. Hope Nakamura goes to Smackdown.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular

Ok but

Roman is good.

So glad you're still here buddy

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Mania 34 is probably Brock's last go around as well.

• Options
    A heel turn for Roman, where he savagely beats the Undertaker would have been interesting, but the Undertaker's final match probably isn't the place for that. He went right up to the edge of it, but for something like this, you want the lasting memory of it to be him disappearing into the...floor...or whatever, not "Roman Reigns is an asshole, now." If you want to use this to turn him heel, there's still plenty of time for that

This discussion has been closed.