As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hollow Knight] Sequel: Now has a store page; still no release date

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It’s also nice that you can use it to retrieve your shade if it’s stuck in a boss room.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    It's also nice if it's getting late and the last bench you rested on was a really long way away.

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    I fought the first boss last night. Really fun and got a new power. Digging the game.

Before I move further into the game, should I just keep farming until I 'empty' the shop in the first town?

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    You’ll have many opportunities to return to the main town to shop, and you’ll come by money easier the further in the game you go.

• Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular
    darunia106 wrote: »
    It's also nice if it's getting late and the last bench you rested on was a really long way away.

If you quit the game and open it up again, you'll be returned to the last bench you rested at (and you keep all your Geo and items). Speed runners use this trick extensively.

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

If you quit the game and open it up again, you'll be returned to the last bench you rested at (and you keep all your Geo and items). Speed runners use this trick extensively.

I meant if you died, you decide to call it a night, and don't want to bother going all the way back there to get your stuff.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    RollsavagerRollsavager Registered User regular

I meant if you died, you decide to call it a night, and don't want to bother going all the way back there to get your stuff.

Whoops! Yes, totally.

• Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    Dang. What's the ETA on Switch physical I been waiting.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Dang. What's the ETA on Switch physical I been waiting.
    Cancelled.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    God dang.

• Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Took a break, no clue now what I was up to. I guess finding these three imprtant people?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Restarted, and I am much more in the groove of this game than I remember.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Picked this up on switch. It's reallll good. It's also kicking my arse some - but that's probably becuase i'm happily breaking into areas ahead of expected schedule. I should really go find a few more upgrades...

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    The White Defender standing valiantly above my toilet is something I never knew I wanted

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    *Bug screeches*

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    “Edenaa!”

Enlong on
  • Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I need to get back to this and finish after the month-long break I've taken for whatever reason. Seeing the new hotness on Feb. 14 is hopefully going to inspire me to jump back in. I miss it.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I got back into it and am doing pretty well. I don't quite get the lore, but I hit my stride much easier this time

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Wow after a slow start this game is really good.

Is it just me or is the inspiration for the whole game - 'okay remember that feeling you got in dark souls when you got to the bottom of blight town and had to figure out some way to get out without losing all your shit- what if you felt like that ALL THE TIME'

I guess I'm a masochist cause that's a pitch that does it for me.

also how did they make a legit horror segment in cute bug game
    deepnest spoilers
    The spiders crawling over the camera is a genius touch. The noise the corpse bugs make might be the most awful thing i've ever heard. Saving zote was terrifying.

also it's hilarious to me much of the lore, text and dialog is bug dark souls. You gotta love item descriptions that ponder the nature of bug reality and soul sanctum is like a direct conversion of the mage level in every dark souls but with beetles

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Hollow Knight is absolutely a metroidvania Soulsbourne-like, yeah. In my opinion it actually does the best of any non-Soulsbourne game at capturing the feeling of those games.

• Options
    DodgeBlanDodgeBlan PSN: dodgeblanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    3clipse wrote: »
    Hollow Knight is absolutely a metroidvania Soulsbourne-like, yeah. In my opinion it actually does the best of any non-Soulsbourne game at capturing the feeling of those games.

yeah! at first i thought the fact that it's 2D would make it hard for it to have that same sense of place that the best From Software games do, but when you're at the bottom of an immense maze of tunnels with 900 geo it becomes pretty immersive

DodgeBlan on
    Read my blog about AMERICA and THE BAY AREA

https://medium.com/@alascii
  • Options
    ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    yeah! at first i thought the fact that it's 2D would make it hard for it to have that same sense of place that the best From Software games do, but when you're at the bottom of an immense maze of tunnels with 900 geo it becomes pretty immersive

My favorite part of this is the bank not being immediately obvious to me.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/pFAknD_9U7c

But who will tell me to gitgud now?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    Hey...that's not a DLC at all!

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Hey...that's not a DLC at all!

Deeply rude of them! DEEPLY RUDE.

Also, i mostly beat hollow knight. 104% completion.

Spoilered thoughts below:
    I say mostly beat as I've been hard stuck on the Radiance for a while, and it just got unfun to keep trying. In general, i found the bosses's bullet-hell esque natures just... not that enjoyable to deal with. White Palace was also bunk - it just went on. and on. and on. Annnnnnnd on. II'd have much preferred it to be way heavier on the conflict than irritating platforming. Like they were good challenging platforming, they just way overstayed their welcome. I feel like the game was always at it's best when blending combat and exploration.

Still! Overall, it was a very fun game, and enjoyed it a lot - frustrations with bosses and white palace not withstanding. I'm not sure if Silksong will be Day One for me... but it'll be close, i suspect

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Oh hell ya. Everything about that looks great.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    I am

SO EXCITED.

This is checking off every possible item on my wishlist! Full game instead of an expansion? Stars Hornet? Looks to be "Bloodborne, but bugs" instead of "Dark Souls, but bugs?"

Heck yeah. I love you too, Team Cherry. Happy Valentine's day.

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    It's a whole new game!

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    So are we to learn the fate of the grubfather and his “children”?

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I love that it's a whole new sequel instead of just DLC. Hollow Knight was one of my favorite games upon release, I still haven't touched the DLC. Super rad and I am much excite for some Hornet play.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I'm just about near the end I think? At least 3/4.

This game is a hell of a lot longer than I thought it would be setting out. I appreciate how often I've accidentally done things out of sequence because I poked around and found a backdoor into some location. It's a lot of fun just marking the map and heading back to old rooms to see if you're going to reveal a little loot or a whole new map.

The only thing I'm not a super fan of is how much walking they make you do in order to get to shop locations. It's a lot of backtracking, and I wish they had set more maps up with Stag connectors or something.

Edit: Also yeah holy shit that looks amazing.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I can’t wait to explore with hornet’s movement style

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Fuck yes.

• Options
    Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    I am SO EXCITED for Silksong. It looks so cool! I immediately love the bug with the bell in the video too.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Here's hoping that in the third game, you get to be the Dung Defender

or Zote

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Here's hoping that in the third game, you get to be the Dung Defender

or Zote

when do we get to play as the crossroads sign repair bug

edit:

some more details from team cherry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv6CRPqkpuU

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    02-6-unity_parallax.1-min-compressor.gif?itok=4QUhfOej

https://unity.com/madewith/hollow-knight

Crazy how many parallax levels there are.