[Hollow Knight] Sequel: Silksong Announced

1252627282931»

Posts

  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The PIT, level 26Registered User regular
    Silksong can come out anytime now, though. I'd like to play that.

    Not lying, every single gaming event that has been online for quarantine I have prayed for Silksong news.

    Here's the Nintendo infographic for upcoming releases in "2020 and beyond!"
    indies.original.jpg
    It's on there, towards the bottom, see it? 2020 and beyond!

    ...beyond... ...
    Enlong wrote: »
    Mostly I just like Godmaster for making the bosses available to fight again at any time. Unlocking the ability to create a Godtuner file is a pretty great reward.

    I'm curious what the benefit of using a new game with that vs just using your existing file that you've unlocked it already with?

    Well, you get to tick all the boxes in the Pantheons and the Hall of Gods again!

    Also the Godseeker is nicer to you. Almost creepily so.

    H9f4bVe.png
    FencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Mostly I just like Godmaster for making the bosses available to fight again at any time. Unlocking the ability to create a Godtuner file is a pretty great reward.

    I didn't even know what was a thing.

    I'm curious what the benefit of using a new game with that vs just using your existing file that you've unlocked it already with?

    If you haven’t got 100% completion in the main game, a Godtuner file starts you out with all the permanent upgrades. Every Nail, every Health Mask, every Soul Vessel, and every Charm (though it automatically chooses to give you Grimmchild instead of Carefree Melody). If you don’t feel like delivering the fragile flower just so you can have an extra mask for the harder pantheons, then a Godtuner file gives you everything straight away.

    You also have all the boss statues unlocked, including alternate forms that you normally need to unlock via pantheons in the main game.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    KoopahTroopah
  • LeumasWhiteLeumasWhite New ZealandRegistered User regular
    mrpaku wrote: »
    I got to... I wanna say 110%, defeated the first three Pantheons, and I will *never* get any further because I spoiled Hallownest for myself and
    fighting fifty bosses *in a row* seems less a challenge and more a very specific type of masochism

    It turns out it's not actually that bad, except that the very final fight is a huge kick in the teeth, and requiring a half-hour run per attempt is obnoxious. You'll end up breezing through everything up to that point with a bit of practice. I did finally beat it just this past week, and oof, it wasn't worth it. I'm cleaning up Steel Soul achievements now, and it's positively relaxing in comparison.
    I lied, putting Zote right after Markoth is also a huge dick move. God, fuck Markoth.

    QPPHj1J.jpg
    mrpakuGolden Yak
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Sitting here waiting for silksong like

    pHWHd2G.jpg
    Golden YakMcMoogleKoopahTroopah38thDoeFencingsax
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I should go back and do the DLC.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Golden YakKoopahTroopahMorninglord
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Game Grumps started an HK playthrough and I want to replay it for DLC. Also Silksong, when?

    Twitch: KoopahTroopah - Steam: Koopah - Extra-Life 2020: KoopahTroopah
    Switch: KoopahTroopah - PSN: Koopah089
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    My 7 year old drew this:

    xd0k7c1nccq1.png

    Hollow Knight in a nutshell:
    When you heal you get a free needle in the face.
    She wants to be the knight for Halloween.

    AistanCaptain Inertia3clipseWhelkNogginKoopahTroopahGolden YakMcMooglemrpakudarunia106HedgethornFencingsaxJohnny ChopsockyknitdanDark Raven XMorninglordH3KnucklesJoolander
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    My 7 year old drew this:

    xd0k7c1nccq1.png

    Hollow Knight in a nutshell:
    When you heal you get a free needle in the face.
    She wants to be the knight for Halloween.

    You've done well.

    steam_sig.png
    mrpakuKoopahTroopahJohnny ChopsockyGolden Yak
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 5
    Wrong thread!

    mrpaku on
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Just, ah, be careful about your kid going to Deepnest.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    KoopahTroopahMcMoogle3clipse
  • MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    Im so bad at finishing this. I want to like it and I frequently come back and play a bunch more.

    And then I get distracted by some other 3rd person action game game.

    Im not a big 2d person.

    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I played this some more and got to the Soul Knight in the City of Tears.

    It proceeded to kick my ass. About a dozen times.

    It also has no bench near it and your spectre spawns in the room with it :/

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I played this some more and got to the Soul Knight in the City of Tears.

    It proceeded to kick my ass. About a dozen times.

    It also has no bench near it and your spectre spawns in the room with it :/

    Sometimes you can lure it out by firing a fireball into the room. If that is the boss I am thinking of in City of Tears I think its one of the toughest ones in the game especially if you don't have many upgrades so maybe try it later.

    Enlong wrote: »
    Just, ah, be careful about your kid going to Deepnest.

    Deepnest won't be a problem, but I will need to come up with some reason to have her not talk to Myla. She thinks Myla is very nice because she thinks you probably have a nice singing voice.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I still haven't beaten the game. I'm at the "end" or whatever?
    The egg, I think? The tall dude you have to fight that keeps kicking my caboose to kingdom come.

    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238
    Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    Playing: Persona 5 Royal (PS4), Animal Crossing (SW), FF7remake (PS4)
    DoctorArch
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Myla is the best tho.

    And Zote. Zote is also the best.



    McMoogleKoopahTroopah
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Myla is the best tho.

    And Zote. Zote is also the best.

    Myla being the best is why it may be bad for the kid to know her.
    Her story does not end well.

    YggiDee wrote: »
    Having teenaged RPG leads is really cool until you stop being a teenager yourself. Do you remember being seventeen? You're a dumbass at seventeen! I wanna be saved by the guy who's twenty-seven. He's at least payed taxes. He knows how to do shit. He can drive.
    AistanmrpakuFencingsax
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Zote is the best. I often visit him in his villa down in deepnest.

    mrpakuCantidoKoopahTroopah
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I still haven't beaten the game. I'm at the "end" or whatever?
    The egg, I think? The tall dude you have to fight that keeps kicking my caboose to kingdom come.

    Um...
    That's if you want the normal ending. If you want the real final boss and the best ending, there's a bunch of wacky sidequest stuff you need to achieve with the Dream Nail. Its a pain in the ass to memorize. As esoteric as a Dark Souls sidequest. You may want to look it up.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    I still haven't beaten the game. I'm at the "end" or whatever?
    The egg, I think? The tall dude you have to fight that keeps kicking my caboose to kingdom come.

    Um...
    That's if you want the normal ending. If you want the real final boss and the best ending, there's a bunch of wacky sidequest stuff you need to achieve with the Dream Nail. Its a pain in the ass to memorize. As esoteric as a Dark Souls sidequest. You may want to look it up.

    Some minor but real late-game spoilers, in particular a couple late-game item names...
    I wouldn't say it's *that* difficult to find the alternate endings, but it does require going all over the map and using the Dream Nail on everything you find that has the glowey dream aura about it. Once you acquire them, the item descriptions on King's Brand and King's Soul basically tell you where to take them to open up the extra endings. But finding them requires exploring everything (even on my third time through the game, I kept missing the route to King's Brand).

    Cantido
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Picked this up again last week after a long time, started a new game, and got a normal ending after 25ish hours. Looked at the requirements for the other endings, and decided I was good.

    I loved the world and movement and most of the exploration but I also bounced off the combat harder than I probably have for any other game. It all just refused to click for me and never felt satisfying. And I found a number of other game mechanics frustrating which was disappointing as I had really looked forward to the game while it was in development.

    I'm curious to see how Silksong will turn out as Hornet having even a portion of her abilities would likely make combat more interesting for me but it's a cautious curiosity.

    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

    Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
Sign In or Register to comment.