As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Playstation VR at PAX East 2017

SuperChuckSuperChuck Registered User regular
I'd like to try out Playstation VR at PAX East this year. Does anyone know/guess where I'd be able to?

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Sony hasn't outright confirmed it will be there, but given their desire to expand the user base (57 million PS4s sold vs 900,000 PSVRs sold) I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Last year, the demos were set up via appointments through the PlayStation Experience app. There weren't lines like typical demos, just two brief lines for appointments within that half hour block. You also couldn't pick what game to demo. They assigned you the next one that was available.

Expect more big title experiences as well compared to last year when nothing was announced until E3. Star Wars Battlefront, Batman, etc. I think it'll be a better experience for attendees. Not saying last year's was bad (I liked it!), but there's a better crop to choose from now.

Last advice: Get to the Sony booth early! Like opening of the show early. Once word spread that it was an appointment format, Saturday and Sunday were fully booked within minutes each day.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    nevereatshreddedwheatnevereatshreddedwheat Registered User new member
    Sony will have a bunch of games to play, at least one is VR. Doesn't look like they're having sign ups this year so I would get in line early.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/06/pax-east-2017-play-more-than-20-playstation-games/

• Options
    Sony will have a bunch of games to play, at least one is VR. Doesn't look like they're having sign ups this year so I would get in line early.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/06/pax-east-2017-play-more-than-20-playstation-games/

Psychonauts is a VR title as well, so there's two (Farpoint).

To be fair, the appointment format was not mentioned until we got to the show. So it's not completely off the table. But that was also to cycle through and plan for 20ish demos. So if there's just going to be two games, then an appointment system seems overkill.

Good to see a diverse indie list. It'd be too easy to pack in 40 Horizon demos and just walk away, so I like this.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    Heads up: It is an appointment system just like last year.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    hankstrongberghankstrongberg Registered User new member
    how do appointments work? go there first or something you can do ahead of time? going sunday and was wondering

• Options
    how do appointments work? go there first or something you can do ahead of time? going sunday and was wondering

Download the PlayStation Experience app. At 9am tomorrow, you can begin setting an appointment to play. I'd advise to do it ASAP. They fill up very quickly.

erdub14zr3u2.png