As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    The JP events that occur later in the game's lifespan have better stuff. We've been going kind of out of order, that's why they're not great overall now.

I'm not sure who needs a sword beside Luneth, but even there you can more or less overcome his meh bonus with greatswords.

People who you're dumping Leon's TMR on.

Oh yeah, I have a mental block on that one since I haven't been able to get him.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Bartz technically wants a sword.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Whole big faction/relationship chart of all the original(ish) characters from the official artbook. Spoilers apply, I guess, not that I've paid a lick of attention to the actual story or any flavor text.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ie6Fi3L.jpg

Doesn't reveal who's Chizuru's babydaddy for Miyuki and Hayate though, which is the important question.

Landlord?! Really? Someone at Gumi must have had a terrible experience in an apartment. ;-)

It's translated/edited by some rando.

Who is dumb.

Although I haven't seen the original, so maybe it really is just kana for "land lord"
    reminder for everybody that the kana for Rikku is "rucksack"

No it's not? Rikku in Japanese is リュック (ryuku), which happens to be the same way you'd write "ruck" in Japanese, which is kind of the loanword/abbreviation for a backpack/rucksack. But that's kind of like saying the kana for Mike (マイク - maiku) is microphone. The Japanese syllabic system is utter garbage like that.
    katakana is weird in how it does loanwords

• Options
    edited March 2017
    the wiki has a gatcha sim now

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/20170317

live out your fantasy of never pulling anything you want!

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    I prefer to do what I did on the free 10+1 - use the sim to get the perfect pull to maximize disappointment.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Whole big faction/relationship chart of all the original(ish) characters from the official artbook. Spoilers apply, I guess, not that I've paid a lick of attention to the actual story or any flavor text.

Doesn't reveal who's Chizuru's babydaddy for Miyuki and Hayate though, which is the important question.

Landlord?! Really? Someone at Gumi must have had a terrible experience in an apartment. ;-)

Who is dumb.

Although I haven't seen the original, so maybe it really is just kana for "land lord"

No it's not? Rikku in Japanese is リュック (ryuku), which happens to be the same way you'd write "ruck" in Japanese, which is kind of the loanword/abbreviation for a backpack/rucksack. But that's kind of like saying the kana for Mike (マイク - maiku) is microphone. The Japanese syllabic system is utter garbage like that.

English isn't one to talk, but yeah, any kind of language based on syllabery is going to have major issues, especially when it doesn't cover the entire set of syllables so has to kind of make a half-assed effort using what it already has and falling woefully short.

E:
    People on the Reddit have been reporting WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpulling Shera on the Gilgamesh Defenders banner, so the sim may not even be accurate due to Gumi fuckuppery.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    retroidretroid Registered User regular

Who is dumb.

English isn't one to talk, but yeah, any kind of language based on syllabery is going to have major issues, especially when it doesn't cover the entire set of syllables so has to kind of make a half-assed effort using what it already has and falling woefully short.

E:
    People on the Reddit have been reporting WAAAAAAAAAAAY overpulling Shera on the Gilgamesh Defenders banner, so the sim may not even be accurate due to Gumi fuckuppery.

I've pulled Shera the last three dailies in a row. What the flux

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    retroid wrote: »

Who is dumb.

E:

I've pulled Shera the last three dailies in a row. What the flux

Same. Three Sheras from daily pulls in a row. The streak was broken by Penelo, which didn't make me any more pleased.

• Options
    I got 2 Shines from gilg banner. Honestly it seems like what usually happens for me, after the banner I'll get 3/4*'s from the previous one that I pulled a bunch on. Except for Leon and Chiz, cuz Gumi.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the simulator assumes "perfect" rates, which may not be the case. I mean, I'm glad I got lots of Sheras when I was using up some tickets for Olive, as his TMR is pretty fly for a three star -- not great, but hey, I'm not going to complain about 15% HP/ATK. But the reported rate goofs make me glad I've been saving lapis.

Part of me is tempted to see if anything good comes out of the Player's Choice banner, even though I have the units, due to the unit moogle showing up. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I would just get moogles for "Equip S.Sword".

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Tried Gilgamesh again. First threshold he kills Refia. I somehow survive and eventually make it to 50% where it all falls apart. Lightning using Water Blade might as well not be there, doing 1,200 damage per strike. Bleh!

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I'm at 90% on Shera's TMR and I haven't used him once...

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Tried Gilgamesh again. First threshold he kills Refia. I somehow survive and eventually make it to 50% where it all falls apart. Lightning using Water Blade might as well not be there, doing 1,200 damage per strike. Bleh!

Randi was doing maybe 500 damage per hit with Aeroblade, but the important bit was covering the elements. CoD was barraging for quite a lot of damage, since I had her on Diabolos with thorned mace and an additional Man Eater materia. I was even ok with the time needed for her dual wield barrage. It's not like she was a dual wielding Queen using Devastate *shudder*

• Options

Are you sealing lightning element with hybrid or magic damage?

• Options
    Coral Sword + Water Blade

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    It's me, I'm the one that desperately needs Zidane

I'll be pulling in this banner despite having at least one of everyone aside from Greg and Zidane

• Options
    I'm gonna pull for at least one more Chiz, hoping I just get her in a daily rather than needing to pull hard.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'll put all my tickets into it because who knows maybe I'll get a Noctis and finally friend people who aren't Noctis.

Also I'm glad this farming event is so easy. I've gotten almost everything by this point and I can only clear adv since I restarted only a few weeks ago.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tried again (doing a double so I couldn't go home to set up the TMR farm) and he killed two people at the 80% threshold from full health and defending. I have no clue how he did it.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Hoping El Fantasico has some lapis left for this banner, so he can pull a Zidane or 2. I know how frustrating the RNG can be with this game.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Tried again (doing a double so I couldn't go home to set up the TMR farm) and he killed two people at the 80% threshold from full health and defending. I have no clue how he did it.

What's your squad look like plus things like HP/etc?

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Alright guys, I think I'm officially tapping out of FFBE. If they ever incorporate a way to gain Trust in a reasonable time frame without having to have a script to play the game for you, I may be back, but I've not heard of any plans to do so. So, if you need to free up some room on your friends list, feel free to remove me (Zerth).

Also, it seems that El Fantastico has deleted the docs sheet with contact info, so someone should copy it and provide a new link.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    TMs seem so important to 'keep up with the joneses', but there hasn't been content yet that has required any, including the newer trials in JP . Bloody moon can be done with no TMs and all 4* base (friend ramza/roy). Robot could be too, just would take a while. I got through everything through Ultros without any TMs at all in JP, including no dual wield, and it made for some pretty fun & challenging encounters trying to work through instead of just stomping them.

The natural gain from arena/events/monthly moogles/etc is enough to get a dual wield or 2, or a few pieces that are helpful, but the whole thing is a little overblown by everybody in GL I think.

• Options
    I'm happy I have some TMs, and I don't mind farming, but TMRs are supposed to be end-game type of things. Not "never reached," but a bonus for whales and for long-term players. I think the Friend system is sort of a workaround, since typically the best friend units are the ones full of TMRs, but that's also not so bad.

I burned through some lapis to get a few first TMRs, and it really changed the game for me. It made a lot of stuff easier. It didn't change the game from impossible to possible, though. But yeah, getting 2-4 moogles a month from active playing means that it's about 3 months to get one, which is a fair amount of commitment. The devs have admitted that they didn't anticipate people running Earth Shrine repeatedly, although they should've known that any reward tied to grinding will mean people just grind it out.

• Options
    Doesn't Japan also get more moogles and such?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

That and a free Noctis probably makes events a lot easier for them.

• Options

I haven't noticed a significant difference really. Moogle per event & trial give or take, moogle (or 2 if that driven) for monthly arena. Same 300sq moogles that nobody buys. Occasional moogle/pull events like we are starting to see with the player choice banner. I'm not sure where that started unless it was just comparing JP at a particular point in time to GL having just started. They don't have the same daily logon bonus structure as we do and don't get a moogle/month as bonuses.

They didn't get a free Noctis.

• Options
    Ah, well... Japan is stupid and Global is the best.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Speaking of global being the best, apparently if you select "Dual Cast" and then cancel out to do a basic attack, you get to attack twice.

Or four times if you have dual wield equipped.

Or eight times if you have dual wield and a 2x attack equipped (eg Lightning's TMR or Twin Lance from the Big Bridge event).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBdebOD5HKg

0 MP x8 multiplier attack... except can't really be used for chains or finishers.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh my God...

• Options
    The bug doesn't exist in Japan, but if it did, it would be pretty hilarious on one character.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/458

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ah, well... Japan is stupid and Global is the best.

There was some unclear wording about the ff15 event that sounded like they were gonna give noctis out

I was mistaken

• Options

They've been getting the 5% unit moogles for a while, but we're apparently getting those on Friday. They pop up sometimes and it's more of an incentive to get people to pull on a banner. The moogle gives 5% to a specific TMR -- so, you could get a 5% moogle towards Ring of Lucii (hope you have a Noctis, and if you do, that you didn't 100% him!), or you could get a 5% moogle towards Hanzo Gauntlet, Throw, or Cleanse.

At least it's a free bonus.

• Options
    Leon is fighting me on his TMR. He's at 98.6% right now and I spent 90 energy to get him .3%.

• Options
    One time I think I spent like 50 energy trying to get 0.2 % from 4 units.

• Options
    One time I think I spent like 50 energy trying to get 0.2 % from 4 units.

Oh he WILL drop his TM. He doesn't understand. I will fight him IRL.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Today's daily messages includes 60 NRG, so be careful with your claim all.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    Leon is fighting me on his TMR. He's at 98.6% right now and I spent 90 energy to get him .3%.

I just finally got it yesterday. I'd farm another, but no second Leon! Luneth is up to a really surprisingly impressive 809 Atk (Odin) considering he doesn't have a BM of his own. I may have to fix that since I do have an extra Chizuru or two. I think I might start casually farming some things in prep for Rikku though. Or perhaps go for a perfect evade unit with all these dumb Sazhs I have sitting around. Luneth's getting the next two things off the cooker after Refia takes Celes's underwear (at 96.8) too. Another Hayate hood and a Gaff Bracer, but they're both at 60-70, so not any time soon with the raid next week and then another week or two of King Mog nonsense.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Power of Creation finished last night, so my original TM farm team is all finished. Feels pretty good to have them come to fruition, even if I still think it's silly to have to farm it the way we do.

Ifrit raid will be nice. While having an extra gameplay resource to manage is a little annoying, it'll be nice to farm the event and still have NRG to TM farm. Mornings will be annoying, making sure I use Arena orbs, Ifrit Orbs and NRG before work to make sure I'm not wasting refreshes.

Zomro on
This discussion has been closed.