As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure my Noctis has finally managed to break 800 ATK without Blade Mastery.

I'm very sad :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I'll trade you two Chizuru for one Noctis.

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Zomro wrote: »
    It all fell apart at 30%, though. I had the worst kind of brain fart and miscalculated when the threshold was coming. I thought to myself, "Oh, 30%, just divide his max HP by 3". You know, instead of the actual calculation which is to multiply max HP by 0.3. That ended up with me miscalculating his threshold by ~33k. I was using Libra to keep track of his HP and when I was about to reach what I thought was the treshold, I wanted to force him into it when i was in an advantageous position to do so. But, since I was off by 33k HP, and he has massive Def and Spr, I did not hit the threshold. Then, I decided.to have Noctis Point Warp for MP in preparationfor the threshold, and I wound up getting hit by it kn the turn Noctis had jumped. Refia got instagibbed and then Noctis landed and I had no one to hit Light or Lightning. The end was quick. Everyone but Cecil was paralyzed and then Gilgamesh finished me off with a full compliment of elemental attacks.

You're better off using the picture guide for thresholds rather than libra IMO.
    http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Gilgamesh's_Offensive

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Well I'm down to 0 credits but I was able to beat Greg and get all rewards. I used 4,000 arena medals and 200 tickets to boost WKN, Rain, Refia, and Ling (which is why I have 0 gil now haha). Also use the guide linked above for thresholds. With the extra HP and defense Rain was able to survive each one and thus was able to still use Lava Floor, which helped allow Refia, Ling, and friend Noctis get everyone back up and running.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Daily draws got me my 4th Zidane. I kinda don't need one anymore, game.

• ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    I gave up on 5 manning Gilgamesh, but I got him down with LB and no items.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    With more DWs you can leave 2 Chizurus on your arena team and still have whoever you actually use on your main team equipped.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    So, got Gilgamesh down to the last threshold with my 5 man before preparing (wanged up the timing pretty bad) and wiped. If I am smarter about it I should be able to do it. I may wait until I farm up dualcast for Refia, which will make everything muuuuuch easier.

Second Blade Mastery done with Mana Blade .8% away. Replacing both with Doublehand for Olive. Excalibur and Yun's armor are 20/30% away, respectfully. Sparky is 10%. I'll probably put my Shines in to replace Cecil and Yun.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    DK Cecil hit 90%, so I'm pulling him off the team; I've got the 30k Moogle I'm slowly working towards, plus the Gilgamesh Trial Moogle, so he can wait for one of those. Olive/Hayate/Gaff/Gaff who were alongside him are at about 5%, and now I just need to figure out who to throw in the empty spot... I don't have any superb single copy candidates. I think the best options for remaining singles and good TMs are...

Ling, for Venomous Edge (0.2%)
    Xiao, for Kaiser Knuckles (50.5%) (Interestingly enough, that 50% is from combining Xiaos. And I still have 3 more 0% Xiaos. I get a lot of Xiaos.)
    Chizuru, for Blade Mastery #2 (5.0%)
    Snow, for Champion's Belt (5.0%) (and I have two more 0.0% Snows to farm more)

Given that list, and how relatively easy it'll be to get my first Kaiser Knuckles, I suspect I'll put Snow in. Kaiser + Pirate Axe + Champion's Belt would be pretty great for Firion now and Warrior of Light eventually, and there's got to be scenarios where it makes more sense for me to bring Firion than Olive, given that they're both combo finishers.

Mana Blade done and given to Randi, for the time being. Didn't really have anyone better, surprisingly.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Finished off my pair of Elles to get Cecil ~+350 HP and some DEF/SPR, and so now the pair of Shines are on the farming team. I might just Moogle them both up eventually, and resist the urge to combine them. If I combine them, then Noctis gets to have 3 +30% ATK materia, but then Elza/Future TGCID only gets hand-me-down materia instead of having an extra 30% ATK for them.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    I finished Aegis Shield, and Blade Mastery is less than 3% from completion. Sakurafubuki needs another 8% or so. I have another Miyuki so I may just fuse her to finish it quicker. Now that I have the Genji Blade, I only need one Sakurafubuki, since I'll have two strong katanas to benefit from Blade Mastery (I have two Chizurus in the wings for my second Blade Mastery). And since my current plan is to use Agrias, Orlandu (second Agrias if I'm, probably, unlucky) and Firion, I only need two Blade Masteries, since Firion will get Crimson Slayer and, if I ever get a Snow, Champion's Belt.

Since I got that second Zidane, I'm gonna get started on the second Excalibur once Blade Mastery or Sakurafubuki are done, because I'll eventually ve able to have two DWers with Excaliburs. And then I still have all the healer focused TMs to get, and I have a plethora of Popois and Shantottos to eventually grind for casters (not a rush since my only good caster is Exdeath). So much TM to grind.

I would like to thank @Aegis and his Noctis for allowing me to fully complete the Greg trial. Ling wasn't pulling her weight and I needed backup Fire/Lightning/Light coverage and Noctis had that fully covered.

Now my Chizuru is sitting close to 800ATK, where she will remain until a few pieces of her kit are transferred to Olive.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I pulled another Shera... That makes 8. God damn it game.

Just passed 102 ELT runs, one Nimbus, two Golden Bomb. Probably 60+ runs without seeing either. These events are such pitas.

I have all of the quartz, tickets, and am now working towards the 30k moogle. Debating if I want to go on for the sword but don't really have much need for it.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Gilgamesh is sitting at 399 ATK now, which isn't bad considering I just started about two months ago. Right now I lean on Divider and a friend with 300-400 ATK/MAG to clear Pro in the event.

I wonder if FFBE will do anything special for the Final Fantasy 30th anniversary. My bet is that they'll have some sort of event for it that coincides with the Player's Choice banner. Or maybe they'll just ignore it. Who knows!

• BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Wonder what we get this week. FFT should finally be the next mog event, but probably another week out. Theoretically for Mog events it's FFT, DQ, Type-0 part 3, then BF (Tilith6). Quite a ways out at ~3 weeks per event.

Maybe this week will be the FF14 raid with y'shtola/minfilia. Seems a little out of place since I think it's way early compared to JP but they announced it for this month so whatever.

ffbe ign: Kas
    I think I've finally reached the end of this event. I have both moogles, all the tickets, all the quarts, all the crystals, and just about all the cheap 6* mats. Back to TM farming I go... Boo.

Blade Mastery finished. Decided to move DW to Chizuru. 714 attack. It's far from the best, but I'm proud of it.

I think, starting next week, I'm going to try to build an arena team around the unit bonuses. It's really getting boring seeing the Lightning/Noctis/Cecil parties, and it's getting kinda boring for me to bring my Ling/Chiz/2x Exdeaths every match. I need to change it up before I stop doing the Arena all together.

• EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Since we didn't get a new event this week, I'm just doing the three daily activites for the 5 lapis and extra white phantoma, but otherwise I too am done with the event and just farming. On the plus side, I've gone up by about 1k lapis since I haven't daily pulled for over a week now.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
    Unfortunately I've pulled on this banner on the off chance that I get another Ramza. I've had real shit luck on my pulls since Randi though so I suspect that I won't be getting anything decent.

I'm using the Lapis I'm saving to upgrade storage for equipment/units. Maybe once I'm done with the grind event I'll go back to farming Lapis from story content until the next event. I have quite a lot left to do and I'd like some Lapis reserves saved up for TGCid/TMR farming.

Ermahgerd, my second Nimbus! That takes the spawn rate up to 1.90% for me!

I think my total (after getting ~200K WP) was 5 Nimbus and 8 Golden Bombs. Which is kinda nuts considering how much I ran it.

edited March 2017
    Just got the 30k moogle, so I think I'm done. 122 runs, 4 Golden Bombs, 2 Nimbus. Those bonus spawns saved me... 8.5 runs, or less than 10%. These rates are so dumb.

I'm leaving behind the blue and orange mega-esper-cites, the sacred crystals (I have over 100), and for the first time ever, the 100 gigantaurs. The Maze + Dunes gave me all the cactaurs I needed to level up both Olive and Firion, and I don't feel like grinding for them to level up anything else at this time. Though I could level up a Rain, a Snow, a second Chizuru, a Xiao, a Seven, a second Agrias, Luka, Santa Roselia... none of those seem important right now.

And now I have this!

snFYKrr.jpg

Rius on
    I'm hoping the eventual FFT event brings 6* Agrias and I can use all the currently existing characters for bonuses.

Magus` wrote: »
    I'm hoping the eventual FFT event brings 6* Agrias and I can use all the currently existing characters for bonuses.

God that would be nice, wouldn't it? I'm doubting it'll happen though.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Magus` wrote: »

It's not the next FFT event that has her 6* upgrade, but the one after that with Merc Ramza and Knight Delita.

And further bad news, it's a King Mog grind event, so it's twoish months behind non Mog things, so more like at least five to six months out, minimum. But at least she (and Gaff) give 75% bonuses for that event. Regular Ramza and Delita give bupkis. Only hope is that they randomly give her upgrade early for some event having nothing to do with FFT.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    ArcTangent crushing our hopes and dreams in a single post. Ah, well. I have 3 Agrias' and two Gaffs so at least I won't have to do many pulls on that event.

...I still will because I'm a FFT whore.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Thanks, I try.

The rare random extra enemy are chocobos though, so you get the joy of killing them!

3e8a99c04aa525b49a1244a070d5ed5a.png

ztrEPtD.gif
    I didn't realize that Gilgamesh didn't need sealing until after the 80% threshold. That would speed it up, some.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    you guys like whales, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPRrwpKilyo

For the Gilgamesh trial I didn't worry too much about speed. I wouldn't even dispel his Gilgamesh transformation (it's a temporary buff anyway) since it allowed me extra time to build up enough esper juice to use Golem before every threshold. Water Break was also super useful for stalling slightly before the first threshold.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Yeah, sealing and timing his thresholds are really all that is needed. As long as you have an MP battery character like Ling or Noctis, you can take as long as needed.

I stopped with the event last week, just TMR farming now and maybe I'll catch up on the story. Seems like someone linked to a article on how to setup Nox and the japan macro to use, could someone post it again?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    edited March 2017
    https://nj.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

All of the macros should be updated and ready to use.

Edit: I have that link book marked since the OP is continually updated with new/fixed macros.

Cruor on
  • retroidretroid Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I think I've finally reached the end of this event. I have both moogles, all the tickets, all the quarts, all the crystals, and just about all the cheap 6* mats. Back to TM farming I go... Boo.

If you TM farm w/ macros why bother with the event moogles? Even with 5 Queen's it's close to not as effective as straight up spending that energy on earth shrine.

This discussion has been closed.