As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    retroid wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    I think I've finally reached the end of this event. I have both moogles, all the tickets, all the quarts, all the crystals, and just about all the cheap 6* mats. Back to TM farming I go... Boo.

If you TM farm w/ macros why bother with the event moogles? Even with 5 Queen's it's close to not as effective as straight up spending that energy on earth shrine.

The 30k one is viable if you want a single unit to get there faster

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I think I've finally reached the end of this event. I have both moogles, all the tickets, all the quarts, all the crystals, and just about all the cheap 6* mats. Back to TM farming I go... Boo.

If you TM farm w/ macros why bother with the event moogles? Even with 5 Queen's it's close to not as effective as straight up spending that energy on earth shrine.

The 30k one is viable if you want a single unit to get there faster

I feel it's a pretty good idea to hoard Trust Moogles in case you get a high priority TM unit (Zidane, Gilgamesh, etc) and then just 100% them right away. I did that with my first Zidane, even went so far as to buy the 70k Trust Moogle from the Secret of Mana even to do it.

Though you may technically get more TM % overall by TM farming over running Mog King events, I feel that underestimates the value of dropping a large, guaranteed amount into a single unit. This is, of course, depending on how well you can farm during a Mog King event. I had 2 Primms and 2 Popois and an Exdeath that could solo Pro, so I had an easy time farming Secret of Mana. This Type-0 event sucks ass, though. I have no bonus units and I still haven't seen a Nimbus yet (only 3 Golden Bombs). I bought the tickets, the HP accessory and am just going to buy the Imperial Helms to finish out. Not even bothering with the Moogle because this event is just plain awful.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm saving up 10% moogles for the time I pull a character and want its TM right away, and running everything that's normal through the grind. I'm sure there will something that drops that I want immediately.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    All of my moogles get fed to Olive until she drops, and then picks back up, Sparky. She is just over 50% now and I can just taste the raw power.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    because event gigantuars are better than any xp dungeon.
    because I can't always have a macro running
    because the game would be boring without events to fulfill.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Nice looks like FFXIV raid and people's choice banner are incoming.

Edit: Also got a third Shine from daily! One thing I can trust is for rate up to mean nothing!

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Player's Choice banner comes with a 3* character-specific Moogle per summon, it seems. 5% if you happen to have that character to fuse with.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular

Because I'm actually playing the game this way. TM farming is boring because I'm not actually doing anything with the game. Plus the 250 rank EXP per run got me to 82, almost 83.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    The Player's Choice banner seems like a giant trap to me. I've got 3 Cecil, 3 Zidane's, 3 or 4 Refia's, and 5 Chizuru's. I'd only be pulling for Noctis since Gilgamesh doesn't do much for me. This seems like another week of saving Lapis?

• Options
    Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Cecil you mine now, bub.

Or, I'll end up with, like, 16 Zidanes.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Cirira wrote: »
    The Player's Choice banner seems like a giant trap to me. I've got 3 Cecil, 3 Zidane's, 3 or 4 Refia's, and 5 Chizuru's. I'd only be pulling for Noctis since Gilgamesh doesn't do much for me. This seems like another week of saving Lapis?

I've got tons of all of them except Gilgamesh! He'd be sort of niceish, but mainly only for his TM, so yeah. Another weak of zero lapis spent here as well. Celes should be giving up her underwear and Leon his materia any day now. The rest of the farm is in the 50-70 range, so got a while. There's not much that I have left that'll provide big power boosts though. Never did get my hand on a Shine despite sinking at least 30 pulls between tickets and dailies into chasing her. Oh well.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Banner is pretty great for people getting started or whoever needs those. I think the only one I really want is a gilg and only for his TM which I can live without, will probably just skip it. Plus I burned a decent amount of resources I was saving up for Ramza. Worth it but still wanna at least try for the old man.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    God I need a good attacker... And Gilgamesh/Noctis would be nice.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Another Shera. I have FIVE. And that's after I already combined three of him together!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    What does everyone play when they are not playing FFBE on their phones (TM farming)? I installed Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, and it's pretty light on content. Same with Fire Emblem Heroes. I really don't want to start up FFRK again.

• Options
    What does everyone play when they are not playing FFBE on their phones (TM farming)? I installed Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle, and it's pretty light on content. Same with Fire Emblem Heroes. I really don't want to start up FFRK again.

FFRK! It's anniversary time after all, with a shower of mythril, half stamina dungeons, and lucky draws as far as the eye can see (ie four). New daily dungeons coming up too (in a month) for more efficient stamina blowing in the off-time.

But besides that, mostly just dinky little puzzle games and picross things. Enough to keep the mind engaged on the bus/in the dog park, nothing with enough meat to be tempting to play for anything but passing the time.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'm actually kinda mad greg is the second 5*

he's so mediocre and takes chances away from pulling noct

first world problems I guess

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I'm actually kinda mad greg is the second 5*

he's so mediocre and takes chances away from pulling noct

first world problems I guess

I wish we had put Gilg on the current banner and had Ramza on the Player's Choice one.

I'm also sad Warrior of Light isn't anywhere on these banners. I think he might be the only non-limited character I've not pulled a single copy of yet.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Greg is a super hard hitter and his eventual enhancements do great things for his chaining options. He's a great option, but I sure wish Noctis was by himself on this banner.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    Greg is a super hard hitter and his eventual enhancements do great things for his chaining options. He's a great option, but I sure wish Noctis was by himself on this banner.

yeah that's what I mean

greg isn't "bad", but noctis is straight up broken

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Artereis wrote: »

yeah that's what I mean

greg isn't "bad", but noctis is straight up broken

Just imagine if we got Japan's Noctis.

Man, he'd be riiiiidiculous.

E:
    Changes, if you didn't know:
    fxIrkgC.jpg

WazBbiE.jpg

eFjdYvk.jpg

TMR also gives +30% Atk/Mag (!!!!), and Alterna costs 80 MP instead of 90, but otherwise the same

He's straight up absurd in Japan.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    japan also gets him for free too

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    ...?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Huzzah, a raid event. I don't need the characters, although Minfilia's nice to have for later.

Finished off Gilgamesh's Trial this morning. Turns out Ling is the monster I expected. She spent almost the entire time refilling the party's MP, on top of Cover being up, and made it so I could easily complete the no items used requirement.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Huzzah, a raid event. I don't need the characters, although Minfilia's nice to have for later.

Finished off Gilgamesh's Trial this morning. Turns out Ling is the monster I expected. She spent almost the entire time refilling the party's MP, on top of Cover being up, and made it so I could easily complete the no items used requirement.

I had much better results when I dumped Ling. With only one Noctis I was able to keep MP up very easily. Helps that I was able to cover Fire/Wind/Lightning for 3mp a turn. I think for me the most important part was having double coverage for the most important elements after the thresholds.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    There's also a fan-art competition going on from today. Not for me, as I have negative art skills (outside of potato-shaped people):

https://www.facebook.com/notes/final-fantasy-brave-exvius/final-fantasy-brave-exvius-fan-art-submission/771530856342130

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Whole big faction/relationship chart of all the original(ish) characters from the official artbook. Spoilers apply, I guess, not that I've paid a lick of attention to the actual story or any flavor text.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ie6Fi3L.jpg

Doesn't reveal who's Chizuru's babydaddy for Miyuki and Hayate though, which is the important question.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Whole big faction/relationship chart of all the original(ish) characters from the official artbook. Spoilers apply, I guess, not that I've paid a lick of attention to the actual story or any flavor text.

Doesn't reveal who's Chizuru's babydaddy for Miyuki and Hayate though, which is the important question.

Landlord?! Really? Someone at Gumi must have had a terrible experience in an apartment. ;-)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options

Landlord?! Really? Someone at Gumi must have had a terrible experience in an apartment. ;-)

It's translated/edited by some rando.

Who is dumb.

Although I haven't seen the original, so maybe it really is just kana for "land lord"

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    retroidretroid Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I can understand wanting to dump moogles into a unit to speed-acquire their TM. I guess for me managing a macro is a bit of a game in itself. Using chrome remote desktop to start and stop macros throughout the day and then sell a ton of junk (now at 15mil gil) is fun.

I go for the 30k moogle when I enjoy the event (halloween). Otherwise, meh. I horde 6* mats, get the gigantuars (currently leveling up the story characters for their eventual event), get the megacites, cheap tickets, then usually move on.

retroid on
  • Options
    I get the first moogle if I can actually get bonus battles in the event. They're pretty much nonexistent here so it's a no go for me. Tickets, quartz, megacite and Gigantuars. Thankfully I don't think any equips in the shop are all that useful.

• Options

Who is dumb.

Although I haven't seen the original, so maybe it really is just kana for "land lord"
    reminder for everybody that the kana for Rikku is "rucksack"

• Options
    retroidretroid Registered User regular
    I get the first moogle if I can actually get bonus battles in the event. They're pretty much nonexistent here so it's a no go for me. Tickets, quartz, megacite and Gigantuars. Thankfully I don't think any equips in the shop are all that useful.

Yeah the gear in this event and the SoM event was shite. They really need to improve that stuff. The drop off in quality between TM equips and event equips is insane.

• Options
    the tank accessory is "ok" and only 4500

• Options

Yeah the gear in this event and the SoM event was shite. They really need to improve that stuff. The drop off in quality between TM equips and event equips is insane.

I mean some stuff is pretty decent for now, I picked up the SoM axe since the bonus units actually showed up, so that wasn't too tough. But yeah overall we've been getting the oldest events from JP so they have the terrible equipment that's like half a step up from shop items.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    There's also the consideration that the gear in these events becomes less appealing the longer you've played the game. If you're newer and have less access to previous items, stuff like the event equipment might be a great step up over what you're using.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Yup. Plus, the equipment is usually unique in some ways. For example, the Survival Edges seems like crap, but it works well on Ling since it gives some extra HP without wasting another slot. The sword for this event is also decent because it's stronger than Vernard (but neutral element) and a sword, which are lacking in the game and used for quite a few Traits/Abilities. I've only got two swords that are decent -- Enhancer, and now this Phantasmal Blade. Plenty of greatswords.

But yes, there always tends to be a "crap" tier that's mostly for newer players. That's fine.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    edited March 2017

Who is dumb.

reminder for everybody that the kana for Rikku is "rucksack"

No it's not? Rikku in Japanese is リュック (ryuku), which happens to be the same way you'd write "ruck" in Japanese, which is kind of the loanword/abbreviation for a backpack/rucksack. But that's kind of like saying the kana for Mike (マイク - maiku) is microphone. The Japanese syllabic system is utter garbage like that.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    The JP events that occur later in the game's lifespan have better stuff. We've been going kind of out of order, that's why they're not great overall now.

I'm not sure who needs a sword beside Luneth, but even there you can more or less overcome his meh bonus with greatswords.

• Options
    The JP events that occur later in the game's lifespan have better stuff. We've been going kind of out of order, that's why they're not great overall now.

I'm not sure who needs a sword beside Luneth, but even there you can more or less overcome his meh bonus with greatswords.

People who you're dumping Leon's TMR on.

ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.