As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    I did ELT once for the lapis, I don't really have the patience to do it 15-20+ times a day.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    On the flip side, if you can clear ELT it'll take a third of the time to grind up to the points Y'shtola.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm still here just farming Adv because I'm a scrub and quit for like six months or something way back

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    3x more points for over 3x the time. I'll just swap to ELT if I'm running short on points. Otherwise I'm fine with waiting it out.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh Thancred. Current TMRs from the event gacha:

2.65 Follower's Oaths
    0.55 Hydalaen Guards
    0.4 Shard of Genius' (still lacking Y'Shtola)

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    By my rough math, I have a mere... 60-65ish more Elite clears (assuming Ifrit keeps leveling up a bit) before getting enough points to guarantee a Y'shtola.

Oh boy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Assuming 1% summon rate I imagine you'll get her anyhow. Hopefully.

• Options
    Well, drew a Minfilia early

Come oooon Y'shtola

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Yeah I have 3 Minfilia's... It's a shame I really have no use for her, and her TM is pretty bad.

• Options
    I don't have Marie, so I'll definitely have a use for her in some fights.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Minfilia had some use in upcoming events/raids/whatever in JP that were made much less painful with a bar-ga.

Characters
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Yeah I have 3 Minfilia's... It's a shame I really have no use for her, and her TM is pretty bad.

I have three at the moment, but then again, one of them's already at 50% Trust from being fed her twin sisters.

It's a safe assumption I'll have at least a couple copies of her useless TMR before all is done.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I did ELT once for the lapis, I don't really have the patience to do it 15-20+ times a day.

ELT annihilates my team even with my most powerful friend unit (a ~910 Noctis).

I can do PRO if I've got a decently powerful Noctis or Lightning, but most of my team dies by the end.

I wish there wasn't such a huge leap in difficulty between ADV and PRO, since just one Glint usage from my Chizuru destroys ADV Ifrit.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm super digging Minfilia. She'll probably just stay on my team. Her buffs are great. Her animations are great. I only have one real good unit anyway so her 100% att buff being single target is fine by me.

Shame they didn't bring Yda too. I'd be all about the trio.

My run at the banner was awful as expected. 21 pulls, only 3* and only garbage like Fran and Sabin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Tried ELT again, followed what you guys are doing, and no luck. I see the plan with MAG breaks, Ling hit on the first one and missed on the next 2, I guess, as he then wiped everyone in one go. Also I was doing terrible damage and the fight would have lasted 10 minutes since CoD was using Return every round, Cecil & Refia healing, and Ling debuffing. That left Randi and friend Noctis as DPS.

I'll stick with Pro, I can stun him then chain blizzaga kill him in 2 rounds. Maybe I'll work on getting through ELT once but it's not something I think I can do regularly. If I can't get the nicest stuff from this event so be it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Yeah ELT is impossible for me. Got wiped in 2 turns. Pro is easy with friend Noctis - Fire Flask and go to town.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The only time I lose to ELT with Arc's plan is if Ifrit resists the MAG portion of Ling's break twice in a row, such that it falls off at the start of his Plume turn. And since there's no way to know that anything has been resisted, the only warning I get that that's happened is Plume hits my party for 5k and the run is over.

The only insurance against that would be doing a Thunder Flask combo instead of a Warp Break combo before his Plume turns, and that will extend the fight to where I start running out of MP.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    I can do ELT 95% or more now. Took a day or so to get it really figured out, and I typically win in about 6 moves. Here's my plan:

Refia: Embolden
    Cecil: Barfira
    Ling: Daunting Step (atk/mag break).

Check to see if the break didn't stick. If it didn't stick, use Noctis's warp or lightning move to try to break it again.

Second turn, Focus, and then just re-up everything consistently. As long as he's "broken" the first turn, I beat it. This approach is why I usually take a friend Noctis even if they don't have paralyze resist because I can use the utility and simply esuna him.

Break resist is some bullshit, because it puts one unit essentially on repeat (although another breaker does help Ling take a break and Entrust or MP refill.

Not an easy battle, but as long as I'm paying attention I can beat it. I only lost yesterday when I realized he was resisting my breaks. Now, his first turn sometimes only hits for like 1k damage on one unit. Sad!

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Why the hell is Firion's TM equip Heavy armor when he can equip literally everything except heavy armor? Firion that is some BS.

Anyways, finally managed to beat him with the extra Flame mail made and swapping Bartz in. Bushido Freedom is a trap as far as I'm concerned.

Firion (Ifrit, Jeweled Ring, Barfira)
    Bartz (Flame Mail, Barfira)
    Rain (Flame Mail, Jeweled Ring)
    Refia (Equip Shield, Fire Shield, Minerva Bustier, Dualcast)
    Cecil (Fire Shield, Ribbon, Dualcast, Paralyna)

Bartz is there mainly there as someone that is a 6* that can wear my anti-fire gear and cast Barfira. He spends the rest of his time generating LB and entrusting it to Cecil or a friendly Noctis.

I'm happy I can clear it, but without some 5* bases of my own this takes entirely too long to clear. I think I'll just stick to one-round clearing PRO until a week down the line when the event is worth more and I have more patience for it.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Wewt, pulled a Y'shtola, and she's already at 30 or 35% trust from her Moogles. I just need 1 of her rarest and 5 of her second rarest craft mats to make her weapon + armor, and then I've got all I need from the summon banner. I can super comfortably switch to Pro now, and I don't really need to be diligent about it either.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Goddamnit why do I keep forgetting to switch teams when I fight ifrit

• Options
    I still haven't pulled a Y'sh, yet I have 3.5 Thancred TMs, and enough trust moogles to get Y'shtola's TMR as soon as I pull her :(

Her rates make me glad she's an award.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Whew. Just pulled my first/only Y'shtola. Some pressure is off.

At a mere 668,228 points.

3 Thancred TMRs with 55% on the fourth
    Minfillia's at 90%
    And Y'shtola is instantly at 55%

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Jesus 668K? I'm at 250K. At this rate I definitely won't be able to get her.

• Options
    I'm at 900k points. No Y'shtola. Some people have pulled her on the first day from points, so it's just RNG. On the plus side, I'm on track to replace every +10%ATK materia I have...

If you're at 250k on day 3, you can easily get her through rewards. Just plop into PRO when your orbs refill and you should be at 1.2 million easy. I expect we're going to get up to level 20 or 21 pretty easily. If you need a carry for PRO, let me know and I'll clear a spot for you.

The tricky thing for Y'shtola is that you need both her AND her awakening mats. Her exclusive equipment is nice, but not required for her to be a good character.

• Options
    What the hell Ifrit can run away??

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I can't deal enough damage to kill him on Pro before he runs, sadly.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    What the hell Ifrit can run away??

after 5 rounds he will always run away on everything but ELT

• Options
    I accidentally walked in with my TM team but my Noctis friend was one round away from finishing him off alone when he ran from me. If I had used the normal attack instead of the leap I bet I could have soloed Pro with just the Noctis.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Yeah I think we're about to hit a level plateau.

• Options
    Woohoo! Rank 90! Finally at an even 100 energy.

...And it refilled my goddamned raid orbs.

I hate you, Gumi.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Moving Carbuncle over to Refia I think was the correct choice for me. It allows me to always attempt a Daunting Step with Ling first turn instead of having to use her to cast Barfira, meaning I'm much more consistently getting through turn 1. Tradeoff is that Refia can't cast Embolden turn 1; I have to sneak it in turn 2 and have Cecil cover healing for a turn, which I guess is fine.

Characters
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Wait a minute here. Minfilia's LB is to call in half the rest of the FFXIV cast to do their LBs?

Lazy.

Also, has the animation 'gallery' always been part of the lore details screen or whatever you want to call it, or was that new with the big UI update? Because I swear it wasn't here before.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Hmm, looking at their kits makes me think Minfilia is actually better than Y'shtola, or at the very least has a reason to be added to a team to clear challenges whereas Refia still looks better than Y'shtola.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Wait a minute here. Minfilia's LB is to call in half the rest of the FFXIV cast to do their LBs?

Lazy.

Also, has the animation 'gallery' always been part of the lore details screen or whatever you want to call it, or was that new with the big UI update? Because I swear it wasn't here before.

They added a toggle for each battle pose/state.

• Options
    Talith wrote: »
    Hmm, looking at their kits makes me think Minfilia is actually better than Y'shtola, or at the very least has a reason to be added to a team to clear challenges whereas Refia still looks better than Y'shtola.

refia is defo better than y'shtola, it's just japan did not have this banner so y'shtola was hyped as a suitable replacement for her

also minfilia makes some fights down the road much easier

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Well, Refia lacks native Dual Cast, but that's the only way really that Y'shtola competes.

Looking ahead at the next prizes for points, it's like... 300,000 more until I get to a non-terrible reward, which is a single summon ticket, and a bit more than double to get to the Trust Moogle. It's only been three days, and it doesn't take stamina, so I certainly COULD do it, but I'm not sure I have it in me. It takes actual effort and time to kill this bastard, and it's only going to get stronger. Also, we SHOULD be getting another Mog grind event next week too, so twice the grindering.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Well, Refia lacks native Dual Cast, but that's the only way really that Y'shtola competes.

Looking ahead at the next prizes for points, it's like... 300,000 more until I get to a non-terrible reward, which is a single summon ticket, and a bit more than double to get to the Trust Moogle. It's only been three days, and it doesn't take stamina, so I certainly COULD do it, but I'm not sure I have it in me. It takes actual effort and time to kill this bastard, and it's only going to get stronger. Also, we SHOULD be getting another Mog grind event next week too, so twice the grindering.

think of all the thancreds you could have by the end

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

think of all the thancreds you could have by the end

I already have four copies of his TMR.

So many Thancreds have died, eaten by their own.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Y'shtola is better out of the box because of her native dual cast.

That, and she can actually sort of make use of all those black magic nukes because of Cleric Stance

But yeah, with TMRs, Refia pulls ahead

Maddoc on
This discussion has been closed.