As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Free genii blades for everyone soon!

?

myssidia part 2 has the fat moogle that sells safety bit

safety bit is an accessory that grants immunity to instant death

so just go to reddit and find somebody with a 100% evade noctis or ling and a safety bit and profit

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Just finished the TM farm for Seven's Discernment; this was helped along greatly by my tendency to get Seven whenever a yellow crystal doesn't pop the on-banner unit.

Y'shtola is pretty well statted now; 5.4k HP, 275 DEF, 360 SPR, immune to all status effects. I can drop her down to 4.9k HP and give her Equip H Shield (after another 4% TMR grinding) if she needs an elemental resist boost. Alternatively, I can keep her at 5.4k HP and drop down to 2250 DEF and 330 SPR, which feels like a better choice.

Rius on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    @EggyToast can you put Ifrit on your Olive? It'll make her do even more damage to the enemies in this event. :)

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Why daily though? As in you can unlock one free daily or..

Yeah you get a free one a day. But I'm just guessing at this point that's what he meant.

Wait free run or what?

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Does anyone with a good amount of data have a good feel whether

*CoA - INT
    *CoA - PRO

has a better rate of return of Holy Crystals per energy spent?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    It occurs to me that Fryevia doesn't need a friend Fryevia to chain with, unless you're a) dualwielding and b) can macro for spark chains.

Fryevia's initial timings are the same as Orlandeau's, so they can chain together for the first activation, but not the second (as Fryevia's delay between activations is 0 frames whereas Orlandeau's is not.) But since I don't plan on dual wielding Fryevia, I can just pick an Orlandeau friend. It'll be a shorter chain (13 instead of 27), but I'll still have -50% Light resist applied so Excalibur is still handy.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Why daily though? As in you can unlock one free daily or..

Yeah you get a free one a day. But I'm just guessing at this point that's what he meant.

Wait free run or what?

Agree, what do you get a "free one" of a day?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Christ, guys. Daily dungeon. You get to unlock one of the those a day, for the rest of the day, for free.

There's also literally only one place in the game where you can get giancrysts at the moment.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's just an odd way to put it.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Once I get my Fryevia TMR'd up should I put her as my friend unit or stick with Olive? Do people generally look for good chainers or finishers in a friend unit?

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Christ, guys. Daily dungeon. You get to unlock one of the those a day, for the rest of the day, for free.

There's also literally only one place in the game where you can get giancrysts at the moment.

Yeah I feel like I was speaking in tongues, lol.

• Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I would just refer to it as the Vortex. Daily implies you can run/use something once, not that it's unlockable for free "daily". It's like calling the 5x arena rewards a daily. Technically true but not in the same way the half priced summon is.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Can someone confirm that Ramza's hero song awakening in global mats are all support crystals? No green or healing?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Tough kibble.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Tough kibble.

Meet me in the arena.

• Options
    Yeah, it's not like there's already things that are specifically called dailies...

• Options
    Yeah, it's not like there's already things that are specifically called dailies...

Like what? lol

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular

Like what? lol

The daily quests?

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I think Setzer, Emperor, Greg, Olive and Ling is going to be my arena team for the foreseeable future. Things die well and it has good tools for dealing with the dodgy bullshit people like to make.

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    @EggyToast can you put Ifrit on your Olive? It'll make her do even more damage to the enemies in this event. :)

Done.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    How good are the items in the next chocobo shop? Do we have upcoming trials with insta-death? The Auto-Refresh is tempting.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    How good are the items in the next chocobo shop? Do we have upcoming trials with insta-death? The Auto-Refresh is tempting.

Pretty terrible.
    http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/chocobo-shop/

A shield with anti-death, and a garbage accessory that gives Jump.

And the one after that... EQUIP HARP.

...And a decent mage rod.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Screenshot_20170425_221118.png

Yeah, fuck you too.

• Options

Pretty terrible.
    http://ffbe.kongbakpao.com/chocobo-shop/

A shield with anti-death, and a garbage accessory that gives Jump.

And the one after that... EQUIP HARP.

...And a decent mage rod.

Looks like it will be time to consider trust moogles before too long.

• Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular

There's an AoE insta death on the moon trial. Can be beaten with Rikku's LB but a safety bit/genji shield on your tank/bard can make life a bit easier since they'll keep their buffs, or on AE resser without Rikku. I feel like there was one or two other things where you might have used them, maybe one of the event bosses if you didn't one turn it and something else. The shield has decent stats anyway.

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options

Like what? lol

The daily quests?

Except "running daily quests" doesn't make any sense especially since he mentioned getting the cryst.

• Options
    Also got another Setzer from the daily pull. I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet. It's going to give me a small boost to the fish so that's good.

• Options
    I see how it is @Rius! Calling us out! :P

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Pulled a Gau this morning, tossed him into my farm team, 325% bonus fish!
    Did 5 ELT runs.
    First run, Nelapa: 5083 fish
    Second run: no special fight. ~900 fish.
    Third Run: Gold Bomb: 2958 fish
    Fourth run: ~850 fish.
    Fifth: 859 fish.

This may be the first event I'm able to grab all the things I want to grab.

And of course, everyone was right, the Trance Terra upgrade pack would have been a huge waste, I had enough fish to buy the materials and cactaur in no time.

Now I just need to find Holy and Sacred crystals.

• Options
    CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    I've still not seen a Setzer. I got a Gau yesterday and a gold crystal today that was a Refia (I have multiple duplicates of her). Tempted to just start saving Lapis now.

• Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    finished ifrit and siren today along with turning in the last of the mysidia quests and getting the last of the flamering keys. I feel ready for an update.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Maybe during the update week I'll go through and actually finish off the story and try to get all the keys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm really glad this event only took a few days to get all the good items. I'm not bothering with the 80k bits, so I'll have a solid week or so of TM farming. Shine will be the next one to finish, then I can finally start adding defensive items to the pile.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    TMR farming is still the most lame thing I've had to do in a mobile game and that's saying something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TMR farming is still the most lame thing I've had to do in a mobile game and that's saying something.

It really is. Honestly I can't think of anything more boring than it.

• Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with it. I'm glad the items themselves exist, but if running a macro wasn't possible I wouldn't do it. Being able to run the macro overnight, at minimum, is a nice plus. Also, it gives me some time to focus on the other couple of mobile games I play.

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I feel like it'd be a lot better if the increases just tied to how much NRG you use. Do a 40+ trial and maybe get a +.08 or something. So people doing things besides macroing the earth shrine can get some decent returns.

I haven't bothered seeing up a macro since I've been playing exclusively on my phone, but ugh I may just have to if I want to make any upwards progress and that's lame.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The mog cake trial is where I started using a macro and I haven't looked back.

• Options
    Looks like I'll get enough fish running the FFVI event three times daily to get the trust moogle and some six star mats. More so if I can defeat Kefka.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I haven't been macroing much the past few weeks and actually paying attention to the game is starting to grate on me a bit more. Every time I check and it's full stamina and it's just like "Well, gotta use this up on... grinding, for things I don't particularly want or need."

I think maybe this is the push I need to get that going again. The reason I kind of fell off though is that I'm all but out of useful TMRs except for some fairly niche setups or like... +30% HP to replace my +20% HPs. Or a second Excalibur to replace Noctis's Save the Queen for a whopping like 8 extra Atk.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.