As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFBE] FFBE Story Event. Spend tons of NRG, get modest amounts of materials.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Finally got around to doing the Gilgamesh trial. I wasted a chunk of energy trying to do all the missions at once, which was silly in retrospect. Finally got the LB Kill + 5 Or Less missions with this party;

Zyrus (Flare + Waterga)
    Noctis (Lightning Flask w/Air Knife + Excalibur, plus Fish w/Safety Bit for thresholds)
    Refia (Dualcast)
    Cecil
    Friend Noctis (DPS and things like Cover, Chocolate distribution.)

Should be much easier to go in with 6 people and do the no items mission, should I ever want Bushido-Freedom for something. I'll just add Ling and won't really need Chocolates anymore.

With the 30% ATK Materia, my Olive is now at exactly 1100 ATK (plus 5.3k HP, 215 DEF, 182 SPR) with Sparky. And with the 10% Moogle I can get my second Letters and Arms, which puts my Fryevia up to 758 MAG (plus 5.1k HP, 201 DEF, 212 SPR). Those are some satisfying numbers!

Next set of TMRs to work on is finishing up my second Champion's Belt (60% combined) and Queen's Wisdom (28.2%, will likely get all Moogles now.) With them are two fresh Shines, and waiting to join them are the third Shine and two Sahzs. Evade Noctis is coming!

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Some questions on units.

My main group is cod, barts, delita, Cecil, exdeath. It seems Cecil and exdeath are still good, the rest seem somewhat niche, or outclassed. Im planning to get rain to 6* to be a full breaker, tho I also have WoL sitting around, which may be better.

I haven't focused on a physical damage character yet. I've got a setzer and a chiz, but I'm not sure if they would fit well with what I have.

I don't have any TMR or trial items yet. When I have time I'll get nox running. I could get double hand and the Miyuki katana for chiz, or far rising sun for setzer. I have 2 of each character for those TMR. Would any of that be good to work on?

I still don't have a good healer.

Edit: what's the deal with Facebook friends for this?

Feldorn on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    I'd get Chiz up to 6* as soon as you can since she'll (he'll? I don't even know) will be your best DPS that you have right now.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'd get Chiz up to 6* as soon as you can since she'll (he'll? I don't even know) will be your best DPS that you have right now.

She

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Samurai mom

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Yay. Got through the Dark Espers thing .. that took 5 or 6 hours.. as I could only look away from my work so much.

Facebook friends work like normal friends, but don't take up a friend slot. And maybe you can't get rid of all those rank 2 people sharing Rain?But you get Lapis for every 10 friends up to 50..
    You don't even have to send your Facebook friends an invite, it auto-populates your FFBE list if they have a fb/FFBE linked account once you click the invite button.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Since I only have 1 chiz, would it be possible to chain with Edgar?

Phantom Shadow + Chainsaw

Also, if I'm going to be chaining, do I want to bring my own finisher? I have Firion I could work on after the others.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Oh, they apparently added missions to the Crystal Tower for extra lapis.

I explicitly checked for that when it reappeared, but they didn't actually add them until a day or two later. At least it's something to break up the grind... which I don't even really know what I'm grinding for.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Oh, they apparently added missions to the Crystal Tower for extra lapis.

I explicitly checked for that when it reappeared, but they didn't actually add them until a day or two later. At least it's something to break up the grind... which I don't even really know what I'm grinding for.

when the tower first happened I didn't have a team capable of clearing elt

I auto-attacked it and nothing ever got an action off

what a difference like 5 months makes

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Xande is -50% weak to Light, it's adorable

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Oh, hey, I should equip these those Magi Robes I got from the Colosseum yesterday for an extra 3 MAG on Fryevia... no, wait, I should equip the Sirens robes I got from the Dark Esper trial, extra 20 MAG plus passive bonuses! Why hello there 698 MAG fancy meeting you here.

I threw out invites on Monday to everyone in the google doc who had played within the past 30 days, and who didn't have a full friend list, a lot of those are still pending.

• Options
    TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Does anyone else really hate refreshing a dozen times to get Rem each run? Because I really do.

[edit] I've been absentmindedly refreshing for Rem while watching Youtube, not really paying attention to the game. Just now realized I didn't have my bonus units on the team. Two Sices. Meaning I earned exactly as much Mog currency as I would have without Rem, if I had paid attention to what I was doing. Less if I had taken one of the abundant Kings.

TeaSpoon on
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    Feldorn wrote: »
    Some questions on units.

My main group is cod, barts, delita, Cecil, exdeath. It seems Cecil and exdeath are still good, the rest seem somewhat niche, or outclassed. Im planning to get rain to 6* to be a full breaker, tho I also have WoL sitting around, which may be better.

I haven't focused on a physical damage character yet. I've got a setzer and a chiz, but I'm not sure if they would fit well with what I have.

I don't have any TMR or trial items yet. When I have time I'll get nox running. I could get double hand and the Miyuki katana for chiz, or far rising sun for setzer. I have 2 of each character for those TMR. Would any of that be good to work on?

I still don't have a good healer.

Edit: what's the deal with Facebook friends for this?

Thing about niche units is that they're only niche if you have something better. Lots of people have used CoD to great effect. She still pops up because she has an elemental buff that works for all elements, although her massive boosted damage against humans is not as important as it used to be.

Setzer and Chizuru would both be good damage units. They can chain together, so that's good, although it will require some practice on your part. You don't need a finisher; the chain itself boosts damage a lot. The point of a finisher is that if you can consistently get a chain of any size, having the "finisher" hit at the end allows them to get the boosted damage.

So, if you get a few chains and get a multipler of 2, then the finisher is going to hit for 2.1 or 2.3 (depending on whether they are the same element. That's pretty nice when the move itself is also strong, so a 3x attack becomes a 6x attack. The max is 4x, so anything after that is just 4x regardless of element, as long as the chain continues.

The timing is rather lenient, but if a unit's hits are so fast that no other unit can get in there, then it will break the chain and start it over again.

|| Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Woo, Rem is now max level 5*. Been leveling other units in fulan pass exploration right now since I'm trying to get 8 white magicites for an upcoming quest. All my 1* have been maxed and I sold those just to gain some gil out of it. Now I'm leveling 2* to awaken them so I can start working on that awakening trophy.

I'm at 19 out of 30 trophies for the hero's ring recipe that you get as a reward. I might have that by end of saturday depending on how much I play. Then I'll have to get to the areas where the mats drop to farm those up for a bit.

Overall I need to progress onwards thru the story mode. I'm into the second map part (lanzelt?) but I still dont' have wol or setzer max leveled just yet although that will change somewhat when I get the legendary thief silver trophy cuz I'll probably then drop zidane and put setzer in as mentioned.

Oh! Dualcast on Rem is so awesome. @SutibunRi 's Fryevia I put in on a BGN vision of bahamut run and got to dual cast her fire and ice ga's after Fryevia used that one spell that does damage and decreases ice resistance I think it was. Dealt over 1.9 million hp as a result so i got the "Do 300k damage in one turn" trophy!

I could use a couple more friends ( 546,008,285 ) if anyone has slots open but if not, that's okay! I got some of you all on my list as it is. ^__^

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    You have a Rem?
    Menu > Options > scroll down to Select Party and for Companion Party, select a party where Rem is set as Leader.
    Everyone will accept your friend requests :hydra:

• Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Oh, that's where you do that? I thought setting it as leader in party was what did that.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    ok, got my Chiz up to 5* and working on getting her levelled. Shooting for getting her 6* by the end of the event.

I've got 1 Edger, and 1 Setzer, who can both be used to great effect in cheesing with big chains... so I may put some time into them as well.

Also got Nox set up to farm ES, 1 crash so far. Will see if that keeps up.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Jakarrd wrote: »
    Oh, that's where you do that? I thought setting it as leader in party was what did that.

It does, but if you swipe to another party, that parties leader becomes your friend unit. Setting up Arena and Companion teams in settings keeps your companion team leader as your friend unit even if you are bouncing between teams. It's mostly a courtesy for your friends as they may want to use your Rem but you've moved to a TMR farming party or something.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    BlehBlehAmigaBlehBlehAmiga Registered User regular
    Wilhelm global stuff looks preeeetty good. Still think he's a super pull if you get him but probably not worth chasing.

- Some day we'll get WoL (maybe?). Even if we didn't, Earth Veritas has been more than sufficient when I wanted a counter tank or a tank with mitigation LB. Used him on Robot/Moon.
    - 50% atk/mag is pretty awesome now but will be OBE if you plan on using a Ramza or similar.
    - His AoE LB fill is 50% which is nice, but 52 mana (includes atk/mag buff) compared to 200%/21mp on eccentric (rikku's tm).

Guess that all somewhat depends on if any of that changes for GL, but with WKN it hardly seems worth it. Even without him, Cecil should be plenty fine until WoL/EV.

Seems like we should be getting BF collab #2 soon based on the datamine. Yay Tilith?

ffbe ign: Kas
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Do all the main characters have upcoming missions and is it important to level them up to max? I need to bleed cactuars.

• Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Rain and Lasswell at the least have them coming up. I just boosted mine to 6* for the very same reason, and I still have so many raid coins to spend.

• Options
    Finally pulled a banner unit for the event... Sice..
    Meh, fine, it'll do. Anything to help with the grind.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    There's a new cash bundle, and it actually doesn't suck!

$12 for a guaranteed 4* ticket, 2500 Lapis, and a 5% Moogle.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    $17 :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    That is a pretty good bundle. I have a pretty strict "no money on mobile games" stance since I know myself, and would keep justifying "just one more" purchase.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I haven't been able to TM farm all week because Nox won't load after the recent Windows 10 update. I go to load Nox and it just stops at 90% and says it failed to load and closes. Anyone else with Nox having trouble since the latest Windows 10 update? I've Googled around and can't find anything recent with Windows 10 and Nox, so not sure what to do.

Fortunately, since we have a Mog King event going, I've been using my NRG to grind, so I wasn't going to TM farm, but I'm almost done with this event and the next event is an exploration event, so I won't need a lot of NRG for that and will want to TM farm. I also like playing FFBE on my computer when I'm home, so I don't have to keep staring at my phone screen.

I'll probably try to uninstall and reinstall Nox and see if that helps, but I'm guessing it won't help unless Nox has put out a new version in the last couple of days (checked earlier in the week and no dice). If I can't get Nox to work, I'll have to try Memu. How's Memu doing since the Windows 10 update?

Zomro on
  • Options
    Wow their bot purge has me now at 52k ranking, whereas last night I was at around 106k.

• Options
    I didn't see an appreciable jump in ranking since I broke through the 4.8-5million point barrier where the majority of the bots were.

The longer WoL 6* is taking to get here the more tempted I am to try pulling for Wilhelm. I have a soft spot in my heart for gigantic, heavily armored units in RPGs and he sure would pair nicely with Y'shtola for crazy up-time on damage mitigating LBs. I'd want to farm up a Ribbon/Discernment for Y'shtola though, since not having status immunity (at least to paralyze/confuse/stone) is terrible on a healer.

• Options
    @Zomro Nox is working for me. Up to date on Windows 10 with the latest version of Nox.

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    urahonky wrote: »
    Wow their bot purge has me now at 52k ranking, whereas last night I was at around 106k.

How many raid points?

EDIT: YESSSSS Rank 51k!

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    This banner has been up a week, so I've had 7 daily pulls; not one banner unit. Isn't there like a 6% chance of that happening (75% chance of off-banner * 7 days)?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that's rather unlucky. I got King day 1 and got Sice today, just in time for the dailies to switch to the FFBE banner tomorrow.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I dropped 10 tickets at the start before I got 2 copies of Sice. Haven't seen a single banner unit from dailies.

• Options
    I've pulled ~20 or so times. I have a King and 2 Sice's.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @TeaSpoon it's Bahamut Trial carry time over on reddit if you still need that.
    Last chance too.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    I have a few firions. Do I need more than 1? Is his TMR particularly good?

• Options
    I swear, this game.
    Whenever I either don't have my bonus unit in, or have my TM farm team still selected by accident, there's the Gold Bomb.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    Got my 40th trophy this morning, and my first Monarch's Ring cooking.

Anyone have any wild speculation on what the next banner will be after the incoming FFBE banner?

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    I kinda feel like there's gonna be some crazy banner for the anniversary event, whatever that's gonna be. Other than that, probably a second Brave Frontier collab banner (Tillith, Karl, Seria, maybe Elza/Vargas/Global Exclusive Unit) to coincide with the datamined Elza ability awakenings. Also probably Tillith 6* awakening.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Tried to get a second Zyrus with my last 5 tickets...ended up with a 5th Chiz instead and a 3rd Gilg. I mean...I guess the third pair of gloves is kinda cool, but I would have preferred something new or you know....some junk from the banner itself(sorry for the fwp rant).

The 4* banner rates are really shit and it gets pretty annoying. I pulled 2 Sohze right after his banner left, which is pretty much par for the course for me. So I guess I'll expect another Zyrus or two next week.
    Feldorn wrote: »
    I have a few firions. Do I need more than 1? Is his TMR particularly good?

It's not particularly great, but you might find use for one or two here or there in niche cases.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
This discussion has been closed.