As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Absurdity MatrixAbsurdity Matrix Tumbledown Glory On the OutskirtsRegistered User regular
    The guide I linked has some zero strategy at the bottom too so I hope that helps.

Appreciate it. That guide offers a good amount of detail.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I wish they'd go more crazy with the customization options. I mean, after Overwatch just recoloring isn't enough. Also...do something about Assault Rifles? They're my favorite gun type and they suck so bad in BL2.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'd love to play with you guys but my free time is generally limited to evenings ~8pm EST - 10:30pm EST during the weekdays.

You know I only played BL2 MP once with a RL friend. I never really dared to use the matchmaking on PC.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I'd love to play with you guys but my free time is generally limited to evenings ~8pm EST - 10:30pm EST during the weekdays.

that's certainly my gaming time. I've never even finished a BL game yet.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I wish they'd go more crazy with the customization options. I mean, after Overwatch just recoloring isn't enough. Also...do something about Assault Rifles? They're my favorite gun type and they suck so bad in BL2.
    Back in the day customization was what the Eridium was supposed to actually be for. Like all the 'versions' we get now were the possibilities we could craft into the game or something.

sig.gif
    Magic Pink wrote: »

that's certainly my gaming time. I've never even finished a BL game yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urahonky/

• EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

The reason for this was that they were so good in bl1 that they were over nerfed same as dot damage.

EspantaPajaro on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

The reason for this was that they were so good in bl1 that they were over nerfed same as dot damage.

Yeah a lot of guns got snapped back in Bl2. Like Mashers were removed and made only one unique. AR's really got nailed as did to a lesser extent SMG's.

It felt like in their attempt to make more guns viable they made less guns viable.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The beginning of BL2 is torturous. Reload times in the 5 second range... No ammo.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    BL2 wanted cover to be a thing, and it shouldn't be a thing. TPS fixed that, fortunately.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
    BL2 wanted cover to be a thing, and it shouldn't be a thing. TPS fixed that, fortunately.

And the worst part about wanting cover to be a thing, they really provided no cover system to speak of, and on top of that gave enemies a lot of abilities to get you through or around cover and gave you really shitty sightlines to fight back.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    The beginning of BL2 is torturous. Reload times in the 5 second range... No ammo.

Whereas I find the beginning of BL1 to be a joy. Every weapon has a chance of being significantly better than what you've got, and even whites and greens can have nice bonuses attached. Vending machines too! They have nice things at any level. Early levelling is much faster. Less backtracking for early quests.

To me it feels like BL1 has much greater weapon variety even though it probably has fewer base parts to "make" weapons from, because a lot more of the weapons feel useful. SMGs and Assaults in BL2, I barely touched em due to poor accuracy and damage.

Obviously a lot of what we each enjoy from these games is going to differ, but the gunplay and handling in BL1 just wins for me hands down.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Agreed, the beginning of BL games are always so so so much more fun; everything is an very obvious upgrade. Then you reach a point where you get about one every zone and the fun just bottoms out.

They just to bring back bl1 level usefulness vendors and chests , BOOM. On level items are now much much easier to aquire.

Yeah I keep checking machines in BL2, but its rarely, rarely ever anything good.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    If I haven't played the Presequel, is it worth it, and if so, is Athena real good?

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Or maybe I'll just play Borderlands 2 again and give Maya an honest try.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    If I haven't played the Presequel, is it worth it, and if so, is Athena real good?

Yes, and yes.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    It is certainly worth a playthrough, and Athena is indeed good.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    She and Wilhelm are good solo characters.

Kinda a pain getting good gear to match her shock/fire affinity. Hyperion shock shotguns fit her so well.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular

Kinda a pain getting good gear to match her shock/fire affinity. Hyperion shock shotguns fit her so well.

Timothy takes a while to get going but after a while his holoduplicates become suicidal exploding drones of absolute destruction. As a Zero and Kreig player in 2 it was so sickening how much I could stand back and and let the clones do all the work for me.

Timothy takes a while to get going but after a while his holoduplicates become suicidal exploding drones of absolute destruction. As a Zero and Kreig player in 2 it was so sickening how much I could stand back and and let the clones do all the work for me.

Nisha is a glass cannon. A wonderful, explosive, bang-bang-bang you're all dead glass cannon.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Or maybe I'll just play Borderlands 2 again and give Maya an honest try.
    Her red skill tree, combined with the green one, makes her insane.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Who needs defense when everything is full of bullets and shotgun shells and exploding?

*insert maniacal laughter here*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Who needs defense when everything is full of bullets and shotgun shells and exploding?

The Mechromancer is the most overpowered thing I've experienced in a video game, ever. She rules, thematically too.

When you guys do a BL2 playthrough....do you go all the way to TVHM? I always get bored by the time I hit the Vault and never go further.

• IblisIblis Registered User regular

Some have already commented, but yeah Athena is quite fun and strong. She also probably has the most interesting elemental skill tree they've done. Her action skill is also amazing for soloing since smart positioning lets you withstand a ton of damage.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Athena's Blood Rush capstone skill is awesome. She basically turns into a Mass Effect style vanguard, charging from enemy to enemy.

Arteen on
    Iblis wrote: »

Some have already commented, but yeah Athena is quite fun and strong. She also probably has the most interesting elemental skill tree they've done. Her action skill is also amazing for soloing since smart positioning lets you withstand a ton of damage.

Athena's dialogue with Janey is the best.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    When you guys do a BL2 playthrough....do you go all the way to TVHM? I always get bored by the time I hit the Vault and never go further.

I go all the way to uvhm if I'm having fun, otherwise stop after nvhm.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Essentially, Athena is the main character of the Pre-Sequel and everyone else is just side characters to her story.

Essentially, Athena is the main character of the Pre-Sequel and everyone else is just side characters to her story.
    Well, and they're also villains of the series.

My favorite character, in the short time I tried to tolerate TPS, was Nisha. pew pew space cowboy

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Nisha and Wilhelm are villains, sure. Aurelia also to a point as I heard she eventually finds Jack too nasty for her tastes. Claptrap and Timothy on the other hand I'd put in the 'good guys paid to do bad things' camp alongside Athena.

• NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

The Mechromancer is the most overpowered thing I've experienced in a video game, ever. She rules, thematically too.

Damn straight.
    I suck at shooters, i can't aim shit, and in Borderlands i can pick a character who does not need to aim.
    Fuck yeah, just run in to the enemys face with a shotgun and let loose, or use smg to fill the air with bullets in the general direction of the enemy.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Owenashi wrote: »

Nisha and Wilhelm are villains, sure. Aurelia also to a point as I heard she eventually finds Jack too nasty for her tastes. Claptrap and Timothy on the other hand I'd put in the 'good guys paid to do bad things' camp alongside Athena.

I started reading Marvel's Thunderbolts recently.

I'm working for Zemo in TPS!

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA

I forget when it was but the marvel now! Thunderbolts were really really good. It wasn't the main team but was a nice side chapter . Think it was red hulk punisher Electra ghost rider dead pool and agent venom.

I forget when it was but the marvel now! Thunderbolts were really really good. It wasn't the main team but was a nice side chapter . Think it was red hulk punisher Electra ghost rider dead pool and agent venom.

Yeah, basically the Red Hulk pulled together his own team on the basis that they'd take turns fixing one of his old problems and then they'd tackle one of the others' via a random lottery. The final story was interesting in that...
    ...I believe someone frames the Red Hulk in trying to murder the Punisher after he quits to provoke Frank into taking down the group one at a time.

Sorry for the double-post but would anyone like to play a new game of BL2 on the XB1 with me tonight?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Sorry for the double-post but would anyone like to play a new game of BL2 on the XB1 with me tonight?

which version? the 360 version is BC now, and currently free.

This discussion has been closed.