As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Man this game is right around the corner. Still no info on Fl4k!

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tomorrow there is something. Joltz and K1ller Six end the 2K tour soon.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh my god his pets have Geordi shades

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    That monkey looks like Etemon.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DLC skill the Montreal screw jabber

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like that prozd isn't just doing his normal voices, because he's a professional.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    I think the only character that doesn't excite is probably Zane. When I do eventually get this, I'm going to have a hard time picking between the other three, granted I might go with FL4K first, since Mordecai was so fun in the first game and FL4K has some similar themes.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Fl4k is unquestionably going to be my first character.

I gotta have a skag companion.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I don’t usually go for pet classes but FL4K is easily the one I’m most excited for. After that probably Zane or Moze. I’ve loved the previous two Sirens but Amara isn’t doing it for me as much.

• Options
    FL4K’s monkey has sunglasses and a gun so I guess I have to use it.

• Options
    FL4K’s monkey has sunglasses and a gun so I guess I have to use it.

And deals Radiation damage iirc. Haven't watched the complete video.

I'm also tempted to go FL4K first.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Four Fl4ks, four skags.

Can't go wrong.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I still think I have to go with Amara, the idea of blasting someone with a Kamehameha made of acid and fire is too enticing to pass up.

• Options
    She is a safe choice. Crowd control and spread of DoTs.

I want to see class mods!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Should I get this game I will 100% be playing Fl4k using a skag doggo build.

That just sounds great.

• Options
    envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    definitely Moze for me.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Honestly I think this is the first time where I like *all* the characters in a Borderlands game.

Punch Goddess, Giant Titanfall Robot, Holo-Zekes (I remember how fun holoJacks were), and ProZD. Hard to choose.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    SHIFT code hidden in FL4K's trailer:

5JWBB-9ZX9J-B636C-BBBBT-ZCWXF

HiT BiT on
  • Options
    Will FL4K call Lilith "Lilith-Commander"?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    BTW, skill trees are up on the game's site: https://borderlands.com/en-US/characters/fl4k/#t="cbi__2___b__48

Sucks you can only keep one visible.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Thanks to a wired controller I will be playing FL4K and Zane at the same time.

Zane will probably sit back and chill moat of the time but this way I limit my number of redundant play throughs

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Sorce's Definitive Playing List Order*:

Amara
    FL4K
    Zane
    Moze

*(List subject to change at a moment's notice.)

sig.gif
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Welllllllllllllll shit, that skill calculator is pretty much all I'm gonna do with my free time tomorrow.

It doesn't have a way to take back points spent easily though. If you want to change your first 5 in a tree and already spent 20 you may as well reset the whole thing.

• Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Yeah. Amara's phasegrab tree has lots of elemental stuff. I'm good on this. And Moze can get a flamethrower. This game wants to be my friend.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Amara
    FL4K
    Zane
    Moze
    That was my list too until I watched FL4K's trailer.
    Now I am considering putting FL4K on top because... I like to chase cars.

• Options
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Amara
    FL4K
    Zane
    Moze
    That was my list too until I watched FL4K's trailer.
    Now I am considering putting FL4K on top because... I like to chase cars.
    Normally I'd be all about the Sniper (which is also the pet class this time?), but Amara's trailer is basically how I ended up playing Maya and Krieg in BL2, and I'm down for more of that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I find your lack of dakka disturbing.

Also this felt important enough to post

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    So apparently 2K doxxed Supomatto and had his discord and YouTube taken down because he reported on a leak they accidentally caused.
    Oh and they sent people to his house
    Real cool guys
    https://youtu.be/gRR-C1OCIWM

Yeah, just to reiterate, 2K screwed up their own reveal, then copyright destroyed this guy's channel and sent private detectives (!!) to this guy's house.

• Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I am really digging Amara's close combat tree. It's not just a melee tree, it has tanky skills and other damage boosts. So it's just slamming into enemies and then punching and shooting them at close range. It's a full on bruiser tree. I really hope their balancing lets the tanky skills make a difference, as I like that playstyle.

Zomro on
  • Options
    Have they confirmed crossplay and/or cross-saves yet?

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Cross save is definitely in

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Actually reading Amara's skill trees... she has a skill to activate her Action Skill while it's still on cooldown.

She is like the weird genetic offspring of Salvador and Krieg, who was also born a Siren.

sig.gif
  • Options
    She's very versatile.

What I wanna know is how her stack skills in the middle tree are used. I don't get them.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Yeah reading amara's skill trees she seems really well balanced and you won't end up gimped when fighting a boss.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Almost done with Zombie Island on my replay-through. Forgot how fun that DLC was. Not sure if Fort Knox and Claptrap's rebellion will be quicker or longer.

Things that I haven't been happy to revisit.
    -Vehicles driving like potatoes
    -Rocket launcher wielding enemies are still ass to deal with and I'm hoping someone realizes that maybe if they decide to give a mob a rocket launcher, that said mob should also said mob a side arm and have that used in between rocket shots. Problem is most debs are like, "lets let NPCs wield rockets, but if we have them fire at the same rate as players and/or run out of ammo, they'll be super trivial. So let's up their rate of fire and essentially have them spam the shots." Sure it makes it so that if you can't just trivially mow it down without high damage headshots, but then it's just a shit experience and they really need to stop fucking doing this.
    -Bloodywing action skill can be summarily really OP, to absolutely useless. Either it gets stuck on stupid things, or it doesn't register the mob as attackable (main body of the destroyer is a great example of this) or you set it up for multiple hits, but you get a bout of combat where you only have one target and it can't hit the same thing more than once consecutively (hilarious, if you end up in a spot with a lone lance that decides to drop a turret because then it becomes "thanks for making those points in the beast mastery capstone not a waste."
    -I'm really not a fan of "here are talents that pigeon hole you into using X weapon," when you have a game like borderlands because it really undermines part of the gameplay. I absolutely enjoyed pistol build Mordecai way back when and still enjoy it, but it's a bit annoying when anything that isn't a pistol weapon is usually crap compared to a good pistol or revolved and when you do, well it renders some of your talent choices as irrelevant when using that weapon. I don't think BL2 dropped this because I'm pretty sure Giage had this for a build that needed the SMG, but I haven't really immersed myself in that game to the extend that I have with the first one. Don't know if the presequel did this either since I haven't touched it, it's just in my steam library. If the presequel didn't, I hope BL3 moves completely away from the idea because you want X weapon type doesn't mech well with a game where you collect random loot, hoping you get something that makes you stronger or do super cool shit.

Now I'm hoping the masher component made it to later games because even outside of a Mordecai pistol build, it was still really fun to have a good revolver that had the masher feature. It just absolutely silly the kind of damage a Mordecai pistol build can get with one, if everything procs, lands and is also considered a crit. I managed to find one that was in the low 200s on base damage, fired seven shots and when I was doing Zombie Island I had to check to see if mobs will still at my level given how quickly I clear some of the waves. IIRC I think Zombie Island was my favorite DLC the last time I played this game. Fort Knox was fun, but I think it had a few rough spots that were either tedious or just annoying.

• Options
    The only drawback I ever experienced in Knoxx was the fact that there was only the one fast travel station. Like, it was quicker to just quit out of the game and reload your character then to drive from one side of the map to the, well, middle.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The only drawback I ever experienced in Knoxx was the fact that there was only the one fast travel station. Like, it was quicker to just quit out of the game and reload your character then to drive from one side of the map to the, well, middle.

Yeah after the allure of driving the highways wears off (and it wears off like almost immediately) the lack of fast travel just drives you nuts

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.