As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Borderlands] Sorry, your Vault is on another planet...

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    why hello there
    dbE3oTA.png

This game is pretty fun you guys

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Finally got Zane's Decoy capstone, the one that gives him a copy of your equipped gun.

It seems to still do a fraction of the damage of your gun, though, even with the 60% damage boost from "Boom! Enhance." Kinda disappointing in some ways.

In other ways it's hilarious because a way around this is just to give the decoy a COV rocket launcher. The Decoy has unlimited ammo, so it just spams COV rockets like crazy. I have a COV launcher right now that does flame damage, highly effective against flesh, and shoots 4x flaming sawblades. The decoy just cleans up entire spawns with it. It's awesome.

I can't state this as a fact, but it feels like decoy damage is based more on the gun's item level than its actual damage stat. Spawning it with a COV gun, or a legendary with a cool effect, is probably ideal.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    "Vault hunter nice job killing that monster, here, I'll come down."

"Could you not? Every time one of you fuckers sets foot off sanctuary something awful happens."

"Aw, it'll be fine."

plz

"Don't mind me I'm just gonna stand slightly off-screen and chill for a bit. Good luck in your cutscene!" - VH

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Crazy Earl is a real bummer. Every time I go there, a gun I might want is just like, 3 Eridium more than I have. So I go quick farm a bit more... And it's gone. In its place is another that's... 5 more Eridium than I have.

I think I'm just gonna spend an hour farming Eridium, til I have like 500 and then by jeebus I'll buy whatever I want.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    "Vault hunter nice job killing that monster, here, I'll come down."

"Could you not? Every time one of you fuckers sets foot off sanctuary something awful happens."

"Aw, it'll be fine."

plz

"Don't mind me I'm just gonna stand slightly off-screen and chill for a bit. Good luck in your cutscene!" - VH

At least for Pandora's end, we had the door slammed in our face. For Promethea's...
    ...the only way it works mentally is if everything happened while we were inside the Vault's pocket dimension.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    akjak wrote: »
    Crazy Earl is a real bummer. Every time I go there, a gun I might want is just like, 3 Eridium more than I have. So I go quick farm a bit more... And it's gone. In its place is another that's... 5 more Eridium than I have.

I think I'm just gonna spend an hour farming Eridium, til I have like 500 and then by jeebus I'll buy whatever I want.

They all suck if it helps. I've bought 3 and they only proc if the skill ends on its own timer( worthless for fade away) or add to a skill I'm not using( rakk attack is most common) if they work at all.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Jeez this post-game stuff is kinda hard. Maybe I need a new gun.

Borderlands3-2019-09-18-16-20-06-70.png

O..... okay... That'll do...

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Won the 3xheart prize and got a blue... (Heard it was bugged).

Then won a legendary grenade mod... I thought? Slot machine gave me a white grenade with a bunch of flavor text, called Echo-2.

The fuck.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My true vault hunter run is currently bugged by a dumb ass door in desolations edge. BL3 you so good at times and yet you have so many bugs.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

They all suck if it helps. I've bought 3 and they only proc if the skill ends on its own timer( worthless for fade away) or add to a skill I'm not using( rakk attack is most common) if they work at all.

I’m playing Moze, and even the ones that say “during Auto Bear” or “upon exiting Iron Bear”?

(Auto Bear is where you get out, and the mech stays there shooting stuff on its own)

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    ITS GLORY IS UNRIVALED, ITS COUNTENANCE SUBLIME
    THE SKY HAS GONE DIM FOR THE LIGHT OF THE STARS IS THERE

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options

I’m playing Moze, and even the ones that say “during Auto Bear” or “upon exiting Iron Bear”?

(Auto Bear is where you get out, and the mech stays there shooting stuff on its own)

I think as long as the timer runs out automatically youre fine. Honestly though even the ones that aren't tied to a skill havent worked for me

• Options
    On use skills or items tend to bug over time. Like as a siren there is an on kill skill that pops an overkill orb to hit an enemy, sometimes it just isn't procing, and you have to exit and come back in. I imagine their first patch has a ton of bug fixes hopefully.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Unless you've already bought all the cosmetics, the annointed weapons from Earl really don't seem worth it. They drop super easily on mayhem 3, and the it's definitely not worth it to spend hundreds of eridium on a gun you're gonna quickly outlevel.

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    God damn did that drag towards the end. . .

In regards to TVHM, can you not engage Mayhem mode from the start? Also I'm assuming you have to beat the game again to get the second and third keys?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Second and third keys are unlocked from as soon as mayhem is unlocked. Just gotta click on the other sockets for it. No idea about tvhm, I've been doing mayhem 3 on normal mode and everything is scaling to me and dropping tons of loot. Not totally sure why tvhm is necessary past just replaying the missions

• Options
    ED! wrote: »
    God damn did that drag towards the end. . .

In regards to TVHM, can you not engage Mayhem mode from the start? Also I'm assuming you have to beat the game again to get the second and third keys?

Yeah you have to beat tvhm to unlock mayhem in it. Which sucks that I'm bugged right now.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Kanden wrote: »
    Second and third keys are unlocked from as soon as mayhem is unlocked. Just gotta click on the other sockets for it. No idea about tvhm, I've been doing mayhem 3 on normal mode and everything is scaling to me and dropping tons of loot. Not totally sure why tvhm is necessary past just replaying the missions

Yeah like normal even scales like tvhm used to. TVHM's mayhem is actually harder when you unlock it according to bahroo, and supposedly you have more like loot opportunities rare fights and such.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Oh hey, there's a reference to The Best Girl Gaige in a ECHOlog.
    Oh, that's why those service bots that were on the ship and the police bots on Promethia looked familiar: they were that line of knockoff DT shit bots that Marcy's Dad's company made. Yeah, you just try that Marcy's Dad. And Marcy deserved what she got.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    So there's a vercuvian ham sheild right? It seems obvious

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Gosh, Zane is squishy. Probably playing him wrong.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    So there's a vercuvian ham sheild right? It seems obvious

ZO7jahV.png

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Have my Amara up to 23 I think, and this game is amazing. I seem to be the odd one out going down the blue tree but I can't pass up 30% extra gun damage with my mod. I have noticed a few skills that don't seem to actually benefit from going over their cap, or the game is just not displaying it. Haven't had to burn a golden key yet and I am amazed at how every manufacturer has at least a few guns that they really shine with. No more having to avoid a gun just because it was from a crap manufacturer.

Haven't had a night yet where I can sit down with the boys and play but I am sure I will get my chance.

I am glad I have not run into any major bugs yet, after the last new game I bought, Anthem, I was a little gun shy. I am pretty disappointed about the split screen performance though. It is not really acceptable on a base PS4. Hell even playing single player I still got pop in on vending machines sometimes 30 seconds after an area loads in.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    TaximesTaximes Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    OK, I'm loving the game overall, but has anyone figured out the loot de-spawning mechanics?

I just finished the mission where (early game spoilers):
    you meet up with Zero and fight your way into the Maliwan facility to get his sword upgrade.

I was trying to save cash for the SDU upgrades, so I was hoarding junk and dumping it at the vending machines. Running low on inventory space, I took what I could, and left 2 - 3 chests unopened in the last room. Fast traveled back to a vending machine, sold everything, fast-traveled back (via my vehicle), and in that time not only had loot on the ground despawned, but the un-opened chests also despawned. Whyyyyyyy??

Maybe it had something to do with completing the mission, and them not wanting to encourage farming that room?

I guess I can understand a shorter timer for loot on the ground, especially with the new Lost & Found machine, but it's horribly stupid for loot chests to disappear after you fast travel, even just to a station within the same map.

Taximes on
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular

Counterpoint: EXPLOSIONS! Honestly though, I'm not surprised and I'm not sure what the tweet guy was expecting since there's a whole crapton of explosion and/or skill tree mechanics in the game that are more than happy to kill the player.

And I just got by Katagawa Ball. Died three times before managing to cheese the hell out of it, and I can tell you that I did not feel the slightest bit guilty about doing so. Absolutely horrible boss. And the lootsplosion got me a... blue. Weeeeee. They also need to slap some more vending machines in these areas. Athenas and Skywell both have a problem where there's a single fast-travel spot with the only vending machines, and it's on the ass end of everything from where I'm going. Having a full inventory before you're even halfway to the boss and then no way to clean things (for money yo) out before fighting said boss is not fun times.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Skywell is a hellhole. No real vending spots no fast travel points. The enemy that spawns loot tickets for earl is fairly close at least

• Options
    I did enjoy the low grav jumping, that was kind of fun. I didn't check too closely, but is there actually a way to get back to the vending machines once you go past that halfway point on Skywell?

Really though, Put Vending Machines Right Before the Boss Area should be some sort of immutable Borderlands law.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Really though, Put Vending Machines Right Before the Boss Area should be some sort of immutable Borderlands law.

As well as skippable cutscenes. Seriously, four games in and they haven't figured this shit out yet?

• Options
    Weird. I haven't had a situation where I needed to skip a cutscene or are people just wanting to skip the first time it plays?

100% on the vending machines bit. At first I was thinking "Ok well maybe they want to be lore accurate. . ." but there are vending machines on the last planet for goodness sake. The Kawaga-Ball fight REALLY was where I nearly lost my patience with the spacing, but there are definitely other areas where I'm like "Come on game."

I also hope matchmaking and MP in general is fixed. Spawning into a persons world and they being on the OTHER side of the map with no fast travel or catch a ride system is so dumb, especially since you can't choose which missions to spawn into anymore (I kept getting Circle of Slaughter when all I wanted was late game missions).

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Weird. I haven't had a situation where I needed to skip a cutscene or are people just wanting to skip the first time it plays?

100% on the vending machines bit. At first I was thinking "Ok well maybe they want to be lore accurate. . ." but there are vending machines on the last planet for goodness sake. The Kawaga-Ball fight REALLY was where I nearly lost my patience with the spacing, but there are definitely other areas where I'm like "Come on game."

I also hope matchmaking and MP in general is fixed. Spawning into a persons world and they being on the OTHER side of the map with no fast travel or catch a ride system is so dumb, especially since you can't choose which missions to spawn into anymore (I kept getting Circle of Slaughter when all I wanted was late game missions).

I mean, any game where the design is for people to be replaying it a bunch of times not having skippable cutscenes seems like comically bad design. I'm not sure in what world it wouldn't be.

I probably won't ever be dealing with that personally, but it seems pretty clear why it is bad.

• Options
    I just know in a lot of games you can only skip a cutscene once you've actually seen it for the first time. I know that this certainly works on the boss encounters. I'm guessing folks who've beaten the game are confirming you can't skip it in follow-up playthroughs?

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I did enjoy the low grav jumping, that was kind of fun. I didn't check too closely, but is there actually a way to get back to the vending machines once you go past that halfway point on Skywell?

I wonder if there's a special shield or something that activates low grav mode.

... I mainly just wanna ground slam off of level surfaces.

Finished the game.
    Echoing other sentiments that it ends... poorly. The antagonism that's stoked between the siblings goes nowhere. Lilith's sacrifice comes out of nowhere and makes zero sense. The fact that you don't get a final confrontation with the vault monster on its own is lame. The twins being who they are and where they come from is a neat idea that is not used to properly explain their warped personalities at all.

Like, Handsome Jack, as sick as he was, I could see a line of internal justification for that character, and how he would think he's the hero of his story. Tyreen just wants to be powerful because .. something about stars. Wants to eat stars so she's the only thing that shines? Huh? She's basically evil for the sake of being evil, but she's not enjoyable enough of a jerk to make that work.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    I just know in a lot of games you can only skip a cutscene once you've actually seen it for the first time. I know that this certainly works on the boss encounters. I'm guessing folks who've beaten the game are confirming you can't skip it in follow-up playthroughs?

You can not. Like I'm bugged on TVHM and I can't progress but I could restart, but having to sit through cut scenes again just annoys the piss out of me.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

I believe that is what people are saying?

Also most games I've played with skippable cutscenes they are always skippable these days regardless if you've seen them before.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

Counterpoint: EXPLOSIONS! Honestly though, I'm not surprised and I'm not sure what the tweet guy was expecting since there's a whole crapton of explosion and/or skill tree mechanics in the game that are more than happy to kill the player.

And I just got by Katagawa Ball. Died three times before managing to cheese the hell out of it, and I can tell you that I did not feel the slightest bit guilty about doing so. Absolutely horrible boss. And the lootsplosion got me a... blue. Weeeeee. They also need to slap some more vending machines in these areas. Athenas and Skywell both have a problem where there's a single fast-travel spot with the only vending machines, and it's on the ass end of everything from where I'm going. Having a full inventory before you're even halfway to the boss and then no way to clean things (for money yo) out before fighting said boss is not fun times.

That ball fight is frustrating solo. There is like one extra smaller orb in there to second wind off of that does not seem to respawn. So its do it clean or just have to redo the entire fight but with less ammo. I wound up getting a couple green tracking weapons and would just dart him and run away dodging like a scaredy cat. Took a while but was pretty safe.

• Options
    curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Hey folks lemme know what you want copied/provided out of the OP, I likely won't have the time to make a new thread.

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    What was it about KB that was so frustrating or difficult? I know I was frustrated that I couldn't punch it as a brawler build Amara but at the same time I don't think it ever broke through my shields since there was just so much cover to use, and it had some cool attacks that never actually landed.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

As well as skippable cutscenes. Seriously, four games in and they haven't figured this shit out yet?

Yeah. Make it one of those hold the button for a few seconds things so people don't accidentally skip
    kaid wrote: »

That ball fight is frustrating solo. There is like one extra smaller orb in there to second wind off of that does not seem to respawn. So its do it clean or just have to redo the entire fight but with less ammo. I wound up getting a couple green tracking weapons and would just dart him and run away dodging like a scaredy cat. Took a while but was pretty safe.

Good news!
    I found some pipes on the outer area on the wall of the left side of the area as you enter from the elevator. Duck under there and you're basically untouchable. Direct fire can't hit you and the splash puddles can barely get in there so you just need to scoot back and forth a little bit to avoid just sitting and baking/melting in one. One corrosive AR, that spiffy shock SMG you get, and three or four minutes of sticking my head out and emptying the clip took care of things at that point.

It trivialized the fight, but that fight was bad and the person who designed it should feel bad. Maybe I could have done it more standup, but getting a second win was near impossible and that thing's attacks were nuts. Maybe the 'correct' tactic was to land lots of crits as that seemed to maybe interrupt its firing, but that thing chowed through my defenses like they were nothing and had enough HP that I needed to do near perfect dodging for way too long. Nope. Not gonna do it.

• Options
    I did not have an issue with kill ball, but I also hit that shit at like level 28 or something and I use jakobs guns like they pay me. Honestly one thing I'd recommend for people is pick a brand and stick with it as you level because the company loyalty gifts are super nice to your level upgrades.

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.