As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] 8th ed Incoming! New Profiles, new rules new stats quo.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    I wasn't even looking at the netlist 1 Blue + 9 Brims. I've got a box of Pinks so I was looking at grabbing a box of blues and doing a 5/5/5 mix. Even if the points go up a bit, that's still going to be a pretty competitive troops slot for me. Although maybe I should have another look at the Tzaangors...

OK, yeah. Tzaangors look decent as cheap troop slot fillers. I'd never really looked at either of these because the army was always a 30K Thousand Sons army, so no Daemons allowed and certainly no birdmen. With 30K sticking with 7th, I think I'll look at picking up other things to fill in gaps.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I've got some tzaangors and horrors if you wanna try them out when you come down

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    I might take you up on that. Although then making things fit points is probably going to be tough. I think for our games I'll just stick to Rubrics, but I'll certainly have a play around with battlescribe tonight.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    I saw some people going a little nuts buying horror boxes when their splitting trick was dominating the net lists. For that matter why are tzeentch daemons always randomly getting obscenely strong from one edition to the next? I think it was the first updated flamers back in 5th that started it with their awful wounding everything nonsense, then screamers doing a million slashing attacks, then heralds making invincible death stars, and then the horror spam in late 7th.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Um which edition is 40k now?

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I saw some people going a little nuts buying horror boxes when their splitting trick was dominating the net lists. For that matter why are tzeentch daemons always randomly getting obscenely strong from one edition to the next? I think it was the first updated flamers back in 5th that started it with their awful wounding everything nonsense, then screamers doing a million slashing attacks, then heralds making invincible death stars, and then the horror spam in late 7th.

8th with brimstone spam.

But really it has to do with Tzeentch having 4++ saves. Which you can make rerollable. They are cheap. And can also smite spam this edition. Overall just a good set of skills.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Https ://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/08/03/legion-focus-world-eaters-aug-3gw-homepage-post-2/

World Eaters are up. Some nasty things there.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Every time I read World Eaters, I hear the intro of Bolt Thrower's song of the same name. My brain can only process it as an angry, speed metal growl since the 90s.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Sounds like a perfect fit.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    So what's this then?

Nice eagle/skull combination for the logo. Also looks like a Reiver faceplate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjcLkB00GI

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Nealneal wrote: »
    Every time I read World Eaters, I hear the intro of Bolt Thrower's song of the same name. My brain can only process it as an angry, speed metal growl since the 90s.

I have never heard this song, or indeed the band Bolt Thrower.
    And I still hear an angry speed metal growl howling in the back of my mind when I read the words "World Eaters".

I think it's working as intended.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Looking at their wikipedia page, the band has a history with Games Workshop. The second image on the page is a 1989 album cover that's literally just the cover art for Rogue Trader. World Eater (the song) is an intentional reference, given that it's on that album (along side other tracks like Eternal War, Through the Eye of Terror, Dark Millenium, and Plague Bearer).

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I know nothing about them, I always just assumed they were associated with GW since they were obviously allowed to use the 40K IP with no repercussions.

• Options
    Wolf of DresdenWolf of Dresden Registered User regular
    Bolt Thrower advertised those albums inside White Dwarf when they were released. That's how I knew to look for them.

• Options
    Oh hey, we've had a 40k inspired band in Poland too! It was called Bolter:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNA3H1PVpE

Needless to say, they didn't quite fit in with the style.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    So what's this then?

Fukken lol:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/B50-AP/78903//M/h

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Echo wrote: »
    So what's this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSjcLkB00GI
    Zoom and Enhance!
    zmbhqoq1lgft.png

That is a rad as fuck skull/eagle (skegle?) thingamajig there. Leading speculation is Necromunda video game.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Those eagles are totally flipping everyone off in order to make that shape.

• Options
    Also just looking, anyone think that it is a Nurgle Eagles.

Just a thought.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Looks a bit like an ork skull to me. War of the Beast for Horus Heresy?

• Options
    The teeth (the two in the middle) look too human for an Ork skull

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Also just looking, anyone think that it is a Nurgle Eagles.

Just a thought.

Looks more like the Khorne skull rune to me, but I doubt that's where this is going. It has an industrial look, so Necromunda or Titanicus sound like reasonable guesses to me.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    New Imperial Guard Steel Legion maybe? Hence the Aquila with Orc skull?

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Looks a bit like an ork skull to me. War of the Beast for Horus Heresy?

Kinda interesting it could be two eagles but it also very much looks like an ork skull.

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    The eagle is also missing it's eye.

Honestly, I don't much like it as a logo. Too busy, and not stylized enough to mesh the two parts of the design. Looks like a bad sports team logo.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I am happy with World Eaters so far.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    New Imperial Guard Steel Legion maybe? Hence the Aquila with Orc skull?

I would love more Steel Legion as the stuff I have just sits in the box
    d2f1exad7z32.jpg

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Nevermind. Gotta stop posting responses before getting fully caught up on threads.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    New rumour about the teaser vid is that it's something connected to 30 years of 40k.

The numbers on the logo read backwards are 30/9/87 and teaser for next WD is supposedly about 30 years of 40k.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    McGibs wrote: »
    The eagle is also missing it's eye.

Honestly, I don't much like it as a logo. Too busy, and not stylized enough to mesh the two parts of the design. Looks like a bad sports team logo.

40k Blood Bowl in-lore game confirmed.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    So can anyone turn on and watch warhammer tv on twitch? I am at work and can't. I guess they are showing off Chaos stuff and Black Legion today.

The advance+shoot rapid fireweapons thing is confirmed it seems.

Also I guess a stratagem is called chaos boon. 1 cp after a character kills a character, vehicle, or MC. You get bonuses from a table. I guess one is you become a sniper rifle causing an additional mortal wound on a roll of 6 to wound.

Edit:

Black Legion Article up no Alpha Legion today

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Grey Knight preview:
    https://warhammer-community.com/2017/08/04/new-psychic-powers-new-heroes-and-more-your-first-look-at-codex-grey-knights-aug4gw-homepage-post-3/

They get to use some more Space Marine flyers in addition to also getting Grandmaster Dreadknights.

Astral Aim seems really good.

• Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I've always liked the Stormtalon as a kind of "attack helicopter" unit, but it's just so goddamn ugly =/

If I can find or think of a decent conversion I'd add one to my Grey Knights but as it stands, meh.

• Options
    Has anyone ever tried converting boob plate, like the sisters, into not boob plate, with green stuff? I feel like I could probably get a mostly smooth ceramite surface, but I worry the texture would be off enough to paint oddly.

• Options
    edited August 2017

Surface is going to be fine. If you want to do some more green stuff work you might want to get some paint shapers. They're heaven sent for that.

Sister might look good with armour more like this:
    o7y8zumavngd.jpg

honovere on
  • Options
    Yeah, exactly. Currently thinking of Greyfax, but applies to all of them.

• Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    GW is finally getting to the core of Warhammer:

dgeatgyxsaegxin.jpgla2vsa0.jpg

Maybe? Untitled__73881.1496248837.jpg?c=2

• Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    I've got a mini speaker with LDR triggered play back . Fits perfectly in my imperial guard valk I'm building.

What the most badass (up to 20sec) clip of music you can think of for a flyer?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Is that a real question?

Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
This discussion has been closed.