As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Meowthematics

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited March 2017 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Meowthematics

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    It would make so much sense if cats were deciding the game! They could be putting random rules on bits of paper and dropping them on cats. The paper the cats chew the most become the rules.

• Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    ah yes, we are all still hostages to the rpg rules arbitrarily made up by the revered beardmen in the long forgotten age of the 70s

somewhat relevant http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0012.html

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Remember how OP cats were in older editions? It all makes sense!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    More a case that low-level "magic users" sucked that badly, to make up (somehow) for being completely OP at the top end. "Game balance"! [*laugh track*]

A first-level MU was basically a one-charge-per-day wand of sleep on legs, who stood a better than even chance of getting one-shotted and having to reroll (or simply replaced by a clone with the number incremented by one, ala Paranoia) if they ever dared to enter melee.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Makes one glad that nowadays, several DND-based systems add basic damage-dealing spells and the like to the list of infinite-ammo level 0 spells.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Giancarlo MagnoGiancarlo Magno Registered User regular
    The Bobcats (from the Oatmeal comics) are the ones setting the rules for everything. Please don't dare questioning our feline overlords.

• Options
    wallywestwallywest Registered User regular
    I gotta go with Gabe here. That's one of the main reasons I dislike the magic system in D&D. That, and memorizing spells just to forget them as soon as you cast. I know, who really cares, the bottom line is you have X "magics" to work with so just plan accordingly. But the underlying mechanics, the meta RPG aspects if you will, matter to me. They matter so much! Damn those cats and their random rules without sense!!!!

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Makes one glad that nowadays, several DND-based systems add basic damage-dealing spells and the like to the list of infinite-ammo level 0 spells.

The current edition of DnD does this.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    As did the previous.

steam_sig.png