As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Choose Your Own [chat]

• BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    With a terrifying yell you leap high into the air, your sword a blurring needle of steel. The trolls seem taken aback by your fury and raise their clubs to defend themselves.

Pah! Your blade flashes low, disemboweling one enemy before you roll through the legs of the other, slicing through his hamstrings as you tumble. Their cries are pitiful and agonised but short lived as you finish the creatures off with two swift blows that send their heads rolling in the dirt.

You search their bodies, and find some foul-smelling wine that does little to quench your thirst, 5gp and a large, dull key. Examining the large gate they were guarding you see a keyhole that looks a likely fit. You insert the key and slowly turn it. A click from the tumblers signals your success, and you slip inside.

It's dark, and flicking torches lining the walls tell you that you're in a high, wide passage that ends in a choice of three doors. You advance carefully, quiet as a cat in your prized Boots of Stealth, and listen at each door.

Behind the first, you hear nothing. To go through this door, turn to page 66.

Behind the second, you hear music played by a harp. To go through this door, turn to page 277.

Behind the third door you can hear voices, low guttural words uttered by perhaps three creatures. Goblins, perhaps. To open this door, turn to page 111.

Bogart on
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I am too honest to skip work today.

Abloo bloo bloo, getting cash money.

• A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    > I am Urx, kobold thief, shadow magician, and sometimes hacker. I do not want this sorcerer's life but rather his shineys. I begin surveying the sorcerer's keep for any possible entry points.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Feels strange doing stuff on the "fun stuff to do" list rather than the "omg things are on fire" pile for once. Wonder how long this will last.

I typically find myself looking for chores that need doing. Gutters don't clean themselves, and there are always dishes to wash.

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I :heartbeat: you Bogart

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    It's 10:00 and in 1.5 hours I get to go home early cause Trump.

USA! USA! USA!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    @firewaterword I am pretty sure I have (literally) washed my car 0 times since I purchased it in 2012

• NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    Sushi dinner yesterday.

Samurai Roll
    Spicy tuna, cucumber, eel, sweet tofu, tempura flake, eel & spicy sauce, masago on top

Vegas Roll
    Deep fried in bread crumbs, crab, shrimp tempura, cream cheese, spicy crab w/ eel sauce on the top

good shit.

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT DEWBACK HAS WON CHAT FOR TODAY

IF ANYONE WISHES TO COMPETE THEY MUST HAVE SUSHI. WITH ME.

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    Crushed some dudes at golf in GTAO last night, finished at 3 under par total.

Two of the three dudes were good sports about it. The third dude hit my car with a rocket launcher as I drove away from the country club, which was poor form and now I have to make an insurance claim on my car.

What a jerk.

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »

Two of the three dudes were good sports about it. The third dude hit my car with a rocket launcher as I drove away from the country club, which was poor form and now I have to make an insurance claim on my car.

What a jerk.

jesus christ pony

are YOU on the beer list?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

What a jerk.

LOL.

That's hilarious.

• ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular

What a jerk.

how many generations of his family will you kill

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Gronan Headsplitter always enjoys a beautiful musical performance. Perhaps there is a fair maiden behind this door willing to listen to me expound at length on the complex intricacies of my favorite comic book universe. I turn to page 277.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    It's snowing again. I'm going to go outside and scream. Just 20 minutes of screaming at the sky.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    So anyone else scared that the Netherlands will be the next nation to follow the lead of UK and US?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    one of my oldest friends had her baby recently

her husband just now posted a blog post about the experience and I'm dying
    "JØØØØRN! MY WATER JUST BROKE!" she screamed from the bathroom. What? Seriously? Now? There's two weeks left until termin! "Are you sure?" "IT'S POURING LIKE A FUCKING WATERFALL FROM MY VAGINA YES I'M SURE"

ftOqU21.png
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    It's snowing again. I'm going to go outside and scream. Just 20 minutes of screaming at the sky.

"Local nerd freezes to death, more at 11"

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

What a jerk.

Would you put a bounty on him?

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    So anyone else scared that the Netherlands will be the next nation to follow the lead of UK and US?

no because this is vague as hell

ftOqU21.png
    Houn wrote: »
    Feels strange doing stuff on the "fun stuff to do" list rather than the "omg things are on fire" pile for once. Wonder how long this will last.

I typically find myself looking for chores that need doing. Gutters don't clean themselves, and there are always dishes to wash.

I am currently making a lab environment skeleton for the techs while looking over my shoulder apprehensively.

• YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Change you name to be United (Something).

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    firewaterword I am pretty sure I have (literally) washed my car 0 times since I purchased it in 2012

Hahah dang OK I feel better. I haven't washed mine in a while - half because of the severity of the CA drought, half because I'm lazy - but it's starting to look a bit on the gross side. When I first bought it way back when, I washed it like a crazy person.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

I am

"The United Netherlandses" is just a terrible name.

they are changing their name to the United Lands of Nether

shiv wtf is this

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

They're going to change the name of their country to "The United something-or-other"!

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU I'M ON SPRING BREAK IN HYRULE

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Y'all are nerds

• PonyPony Registered User regular

What a jerk.

Would you put a bounty on him?

Wasn't worth the money. I called him out on his poor form publicly so as to shame him, and people rightly mocked him, so the moral victory was mine.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    one of my oldest friends had her baby recently

her husband just now posted a blog post about the experience and I'm dying
    "JØØØØRN! MY WATER JUST BROKE!" she screamed from the bathroom. What? Seriously? Now? There's two weeks left until termin! "Are you sure?" "IT'S POURING LIKE A FUCKING WATERFALL FROM MY VAGINA YES I'M SURE"

Correlation does not imply causation.

PSN: Honkalot

Change you name to be United (Something).

low effort. sad.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I miss the snow. Some days it looked like we lived in a mountain pass which was awesome. I could also work from home, so no biggie.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Y'all are nerds

You say this like it's a bad thing.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    I wonder if I should have hung out more with [chat] people at PAX. I really enjoyed my con but spent it entirely with other people...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
    Slowpokes.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    firewaterword I am pretty sure I have (literally) washed my car 0 times since I purchased it in 2012

Hahah dang OK I feel better. I haven't washed mine in a while - half because of the severity of the CA drought, half because I'm lazy - but it's starting to look a bit on the gross side. When I first bought it way back when, I washed it like a crazy person.

I should, I know it's not good for the paint to let stuff sit on there, but in oregon it rained so often that it never felt like a big deal idk

Y'all are nerds

You say this like it's a bad thing.

NERD

• AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Welcome to chat.
    No ladders required, low hanging fruit only.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies

They have a hard liner that is running on a "ban muslims" platform as well.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh god, Wingpersons.

We have a dating emergency.

I have a date tomorrow night. But I feel a cold sore coming on just below my lower lip. If I get some of that cold sore medicine quickly will it be ok? Goddamnit I want more kissings.

Ask your date if she, too, has herpes simplex of the mouth

you can rub your sores on each other it will be very romantic

This discussion has been closed.