As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Choose Your Own [chat]

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Pony wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    It is kinda funny watching the difference between the people who have been playing GTAO for four years who calmly drive around and play like pros and don't generally start shit unless it gets started with them.

And the people who are new to the game or maybe don't play it a whole lot, and still periodically play like maniacs or think it's the height of comedy to randomly blow shit up or shoot their friends in the head because they can.

Like, you kinda get that stuff out of your system after a point, but it's kinda adorable watching you go through that because it's still new and funny to you.

Seems fairly analogous to actual crime.

Tyrannus is the guy that makes us all sigh as he shoots the hostages and howls like an animal and my brother looks at me and goes "where did you find this guy?" and I just pinch my nose.

Hey cool let's lie about shit I never did

It's a theoretical example of the kind of stuff you would do, not a literal example

Tyrannus, are you gonna look me in the eye and say you wouldn't shoot the hostages?

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    It is kinda funny watching the difference between the people who have been playing GTAO for four years who calmly drive around and play like pros and don't generally start shit unless it gets started with them.

And the people who are new to the game or maybe don't play it a whole lot, and still periodically play like maniacs or think it's the height of comedy to randomly blow shit up or shoot their friends in the head because they can.

Like, you kinda get that stuff out of your system after a point, but it's kinda adorable watching you go through that because it's still new and funny to you.

Tyrannus is the guy that makes us all sigh as he shoots the hostages and howls like an animal and my brother looks at me and goes "where did you find this guy?" and I just pinch my nose.

OH SHIT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Pony is literally the wet blanket of GTA

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Bogart should make an adventure book with a ton of animals, including a cat where you just cycle between being inside with options eat, nap, harass human, go outside, and outside where the options are eat, nap, go inside. There is no end.

Also where you can be like an ant and your options are "LOOK FOR FOOD AT A" and "LOOK FOR FOOD AT B" and "I AM AN ANT" and that's basically it.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Also, let me tell ya. Sitting between Delmain and LoserforhireX at dinner made me feel like a tiny beardless baby. Such glorious beards!

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular

He probably makes people pair up and use the buddy system so no one gets lost.

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I played the teeniest bit of GTAO, but I stupidly have a physical copy of GTAV, and the disc drive of my XB1 doesn't want to work.

I should probably see someone about that.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    You pull down the handle with your paw. Clever dog. Inside is smelly hole and smelly straw. Not dogs outside sleep here.

Boring. You pee in a corner and leave, trying one of the other doors.

Nice sound behind second door, but smell like dead thing. To open go to page 36.

Tiny green not-dogs have run away. Room behind door is empty, but corridor goes on after. To follow this corridor, turn to page 85.

Bogart on
  • Options

It's a theoretical example of the kind of stuff you would do, not a literal example

Tyrannus, are you gonna look me in the eye and say you wouldn't shoot the hostages?

I'd never fail a mission intentionally because I fucking love money

You should know this by now >:(

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    So anyone else scared that the Netherlands will be the next nation to follow the lead of UK and US?

no because this is vague as hell

They have a hard liner that is running on a "ban muslims" platform as well.

and the UK has a muslim ban since when?

The UK decided to start things off with Brexit which, by american news tv reports, was heavily influenced by immigration rhetoric. Sorry if I affronted you but it is a thing.

that wasn't the start of anything though

the populist right's resurgence across europe didn't start with brexit

and what are you scared of? Geert Wilders and his PVV?

snip

Thanks man I am sorry I will just drop it.

no don't apologize, if I'm coming off as angry or annoyed with you I apologize because I am not

The news the last few days was equivalent to there is this dude running called Wilders who wants to ban muslims and close mosques in the Netherlands. And voting begins today. (Leftist media too). I had a nagging nervousness about another world event cascading into France which, I agree with earlier post, is the big nagging thought of horribleness.

Also ive been trying to stay out of overly political posts and it showed my ignorance in the matter and that has been rectified now.

yeah I can see that being worrying if the media fails to mention "they don't have a president tho"

since when they write like wilders is running, that's kind of wrong. Like it may seem like a technical point but it is an important one. Since they vote for parties, not candidates for government.

What matters is the balance of parliament after the election. Like, our norwegian populist right party is in government right now, but they can only dream about implementing much of their party program. Not because of the opposition, but because of the other parties they have to cooperate with to stay in government.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

He demands people tip the waitress.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I'm getting high in the breakroom with my buddy. We might both get lost.

• Options

I'd never fail a mission intentionally because I fucking love money

You should know this by now >:(

Alright fair enough, I apologise.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

God damn it who told!?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Also, let me tell ya. Sitting between Delmain and LoserforhireX at dinner made me feel like a tiny beardless baby. Such glorious beards!

Don't worry; you do not have to have a neckbeard to be a neckbeard

*yells about roleplaying games*

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    so like, if wilders somehow ended up as prime minister and wanted to close mosques, he'd still have to go to all the other parties in his government and go "so guys, closing mosques?" and the reply would probably be fuck off

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

personally i feel like a midget with a tiny voice when sitting between them.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The neckbeard was inside you the whole time.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Pony robs a bank and then when everyone hits the strip club and car dealership he donates his share of the money to the Democratic Party in GTAO

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Nespresso have the most impressive logistics I've ever come across. You place an order and as far as i can tell somebody immediately sprints out of the warehouse, leaps into a car and speeds directly towards you ignoring the position of roads and obstacles

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Pony robs a bank and then when everyone hits the strip club and car dealership he donates his share of the money to the Democratic Party in GTAO

This happens

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    so like, if wilders somehow ended up as prime minister and wanted to close mosques, he'd still have to go to all the other parties in his government and go "so guys, closing mosques?" and the reply would probably be fuck off
    ...Good lord, the Netherlands trying that is kind of cute.

The US looks at it, like you look at a kid trying on your shoes.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    This one time I sat next to delmain and its true he does have a bigger beard than me I cant compete with that

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    chardonnay pantastico is an amazing name

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    Hour-long call at noon + Half marathon on Sunday + Hungry Hakkes = CARB LOADING TIME BITCHES

I'm gonna go out and let the Halal Guys load me up with some FUCKIN RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    Pony robs a bank and then when everyone hits the strip club and car dealership he donates his share of the money to the Democratic Party in Los Santos County

don't break immersion, plz

• Options

Uh... yes?

I will insist that people who are not necessarily very good at driving and navigating the streets of Los Santos or the back country roads of Blaine County pair up with people who are better drivers.

This is less about getting lost (everyone has GPS, you can't get lost per se), and more about efficiency and expedience. Some of my friends are objectively better drivers than others, and a buddy system just makes good sense.

Plus, having a guy ride with you means he can shoot more accurately while you drive. Shooting while driving is hard! It's called the shotgun position for a reason!

I'm just being practical.

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    @Bogart this chat is a treasure and a delight and is being added to my list of your accomplishments, which primarily consists of having good opinions on video games.

• Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hour-long call at noon + Half marathon on Sunday + Hungry Hakkes = CARB LOADING TIME BITCHES

I'm gonna go out and let the Halal Guys load me up with some FUCKIN RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE

Hakkes just lying on the floor, wide mouth funnel in her mouth, motioning for more rice. But they cannot help. There is no more rice.

• Options

I wish the Mediterranean place near me would list calories because I'd work their delicious food into my daily diet.

Also I'm desperately trying to size up how many calories are in a donut

• Options
    One time Pony bungled a heist because he had to drop all the kids off safely at home before he could get the school bus to the meeting spot and that took like two hours.

• Options
    Pony ilu you're like the dad of GTAO

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

*slowly creeps out the door*

I told you she crazy as f...

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Don't let him fool you Pony takes a helicopter gunship with him to every mission

tyrannus on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Delmain is great! He's look like The Dude + Grizzly Adams but is super snarky like Denis Leary. It's amazing.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2017
    The harp music intrigues you. You push the door open, your sword drawn, ready for anything. A corridor lit by dim red oil lamps stretches a short distance, then opens out into a surprising scene.

Lush tapestries drape the walls of a large round chamber. In one corner a bubbling fountain sits, and cushions are scattered about carelessly, as though a gathering of decadent pipe-smokers frequented the place. In the centre, on a plush divan, sits the harpist, who even now plucks the strings on her golden instrument.

A comely wench, to be sure, and her eyelashes bat most invitingly. Her robe is somewhat carelessly arranged, and shows more flesh than would be proper in the civilised cities of the Bellhook Coast, but it pleases you mightily. "Come, weary traveller. Rest a while in my chambers. Let me mop your troubled brow."

The music is strangely soothing, and you feel drawn towards the lady.

Why not rest a while here. The wench seems welcoming enough. Turn to page 250.

She bedevils your mind and is obviously a succubus of some kind. Instantly attack her by turning to page 70.

Bogart on
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    rip hakks

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    do you guys roll in the Colour-Coded Planning Binder Gang?

• Options
    rip hakks

rice intake protocols

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I played GTO for like an hour on ps3 when it first came out and it seemed like total chaos

can you feel the struggle within?
This discussion has been closed.