As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Acquisitions Incorporated: The "C" Team

1235»

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    First episode of new DM Acq. Inq was better than the last two episodes of Perkins led games imo. The new guy came out swinging and won me over. Having a bunch of guests was fun too. Looking forward to more.

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Evelyn was great. Omin has a crush on her but she is too obsessed with her god.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    The New Guy (Jeremy's going to have to earn his real name) was pretty good.
    He's proven himself vulnerable to that Pat Rothfuss BS, but Pat did make a convincing argument for it.

Pat Rothfuss is a good example of why Charisma shouldn't be a dump stat.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    In Jeremy’s defense he didn’t just capitulate to the ol’ Patrick Rothfuss BS, he gave inspiration because Viari leapt off a skyscraper, caught a flying spy construct*, and then used an immovable rod as a trapeze to “kill it like a chicken” hanging upside down from his knees in midair. That’s cool AF, and a great way to show off my second favorite new mechanic from 5e.

Also Jeremy’s been working at WOTC for 11 years, is the lead rules designer for 5e, and gave the keynote speech at that PAX. That’s not “the new guy” that’s “Mr. Crawford, sir” to you. Obviously he and I are on a first name basis because I cornered him at PAX and we both gushed about our love/hate relationship with Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

*with just the tiniest bit of help from Ms Walnut Dankgrass** and Evelyn.

** Walnut probably would have caught the damn thing on her own, but on your annual review you have to be making those power plays.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Question about Arcana Part 3, S3 E03:
    Kthriss says, "[You're] familiar with a shadow of a thing potentially being as critical as the entirety of the thing" then Rosie asks to look at the Ur, touches it, and Jerry says, "You don't think it's an object" and Rosie replies as if she's had a great revelation. I can't tell if she's kidding to placate Kthriss or not. What am I missing to understand her response in this exchange?
    https://youtu.be/-4PNnAaYIaU?t=3025

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    I’ll be honest: they may as well be playing Mage: the Awakening at this point. I couldn’t follow along. It feels as though the game has slipped into Jack Vance’s The Men Return territory where action and consequence are completely divorced: “causality” is simply word dressing for Jerry’s nonstop metaphor. That may be his intent. Regardless my interest in the game has waned.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    So I need help.

I watched the c team pretty religiously until the end of my master's/ starting a new job/ moving house happened within the same two weeks. This was summer of last year and I simply couldn't keep up with the length of the episodes.

The last thing I remember is
    There was a flash forward where walnut and bard lady were getting married but then it went back to normal time where donnar cracked a joke like "lol what do you think is going to happen you'll get married and live happily ever after??"

I would love to start catching up but it's been nearly a year and I've no idea what season that was. I'm worried to guess in case I spoiler everything. Any insights to what season that was would be wonderful.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I think that was the Season 2 opening episode. Hold up a minute, I'll check.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Yup, that sounds like "The Handfasting of Walnut & Brahma", season 2 episode 1.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Yup, that sounds like "The Handfasting of Walnut & Brahma", season 2 episode 1.

That sounds correct!!

Thank you so much I really appreciate it!!!! :)

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I really liked listening/watching Acq Inc, but it's been a few years since I kept up with it.

I just watched the episode where Chris left for good, and I started tearing up.

I'm willing to give the new guy his shot, but I'll really miss Chris :(

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I think Crawford's done a great job, really. I've also loved Xavier Woods basically becoming a regular part of the crew. He does a lot of creative stuff but without the undercurrent of "I'm trying to slip one past the DM" that Rothfuss has.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I'm sure he will be (or rather for the last two years has been) doing a really good job, he wouldn't be where he was if he wasn't.

Chris has just been the voice of D&D for me, and I will miss him

• Options
    edited March 2020
    The good news is, Chris's new show, D&D Presnets: T.O.R.C.H., just had its first episode at PAX East. Pretty much the perfect time to jump on board a new show like this. I don't think it's up on youtube yet, but I'm sure it's somewhere in the PAX and DND twitch channel archives.

Edit: Here we go, timestamp 4:30 roughly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgj4vhqTFlg

Desert Leviathan on
  • Options
    All kinds of spoilers in here for seasons 1 through 3, but super-fan and sometimes K'Thriss cosplayer Robin Childs spent the last several months painstakingly animating a video to go with a C-Team song by Bentoma, and just released it today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o74N2GTVP4

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2020
    C Team fans, check out Kate "Rosie Beestinger" Welch herself, @World as Myth as she DMs for Game of Thrones alumnus on right now (started half an hour ago actually)!

Goose! on