As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    Could be , I remember them saying they adjusted the rate for cards in the patch notes but didn’t say which ones.was hoping one of you knew.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Also xbox just sent me five bucks for patch of exile , so if you are on console check that out.

Edit -and now that patch deleted everyone’s characters.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    GGG_Jeff wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    We're working on resolving this now. Don't worry, your characters are all still in tact. I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

Hopefully they fix this soon but sounds like we haven't lost our characters.

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »
    GGG_Jeff wrote:
    Hello everyone,
    We're working on resolving this now. Don't worry, your characters are all still in tact. I'll post an update as soon as I have more information.

Hopefully they fix this soon but sounds like we haven't lost our characters.

Kinda wonder what went wrong , probably just changed things around and need to update where the client looks for the character files.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Hah, I just did the five-for-one vendor recipe prophecy for a random unique and got a Bino's

• Options
    @EspantaPajaro they say they've solved it. You may need to restart your client. I'm not home right now to check.

• Options
    Yup , back to farming this damn humility card.

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the drop rate and what I've heard is people are dinging 75 before they have a set. I've been continuing my xbox character and ignoring PC and am enjoying the RF Jugg with one complaint. Shield Charge works fine but you can't namelock a boss with it and spam it to trigger Ele Overload. You basically go max distance every time you hit it. This has positive benefits as well but I do miss EO uptime.

Actually make that 2 complaints (but this applies to PC as well and maybe it's a good thing): Map drops are a bitch and I'm forced to run blue maps due to a lack of alcs. Made it up to two t11s but now I'm back down to 7s. MOAR GRIND!!!

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    You should be able to Shield Charge for almost no distance. It doesn't have a minimum required travel distance like Whirling Blades.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    im doing a cast while channelling raging spirit souls wick blade flurry vaal double strike necromancer it is a VERY good build i recomend

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    im doing a cast while channelling raging spirit souls wick blade flurry vaal double strike necromancer it is a VERY good build i recomend

I like to envision that there's a wall in your office that's just covered in dartboards

• Options

I'm pretty sure they nerfed the drop rate and what I've heard is people are dinging 75 before they have a set. I've been continuing my xbox character and ignoring PC and am enjoying the RF Jugg with one complaint. Shield Charge works fine but you can't namelock a boss with it and spam it to trigger Ele Overload. You basically go max distance every time you hit it. This has positive benefits as well but I do miss EO uptime.

Actually make that 2 complaints (but this applies to PC as well and maybe it's a good thing): Map drops are a bitch and I'm forced to run blue maps due to a lack of alcs. Made it up to two t11s but now I'm back down to 7s. MOAR GRIND!!!

Yeah but that’s the only reason it’s usable on console , namelock makes leapslam impossible to use to escape slams . I got the last card at 74 so I guess I’m lucky . Why nerf something that makes leveling better?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

I like to envision that there's a wall in your office that's just covered in dartboards

how dare u i will kill shaper wit dis bild

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    actually fuck it ill stream it, im level 63 and i dont even have my scourge yet so i do ZERO damage i luv it

twitch.tv/tinyangrycrab

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Yeah but that’s the only reason it’s usable on console , namelock makes leapslam impossible to use to escape slams . I got the last card at 74 so I guess I’m lucky . Why nerf something that makes leveling better?

They changed leap slam last league to always jump the full distance of you're holding left trigger.

Carpy on
  • Options
  • Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    You should be able to Shield Charge for almost no distance. It doesn't have a minimum required travel distance like Whirling Blades.

You certainly can on PC. Xbox appears to be a different story.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I moved my vortex to cast on crit off my frenzy last night and I think it feels better. Had a deathless Innocence run. Same with Kitava 1.0 died to shavroone but that was because my resists/gear suck and im just powering through on the back of poets pens and a tabula. I still have to make sure that vortex is getting to consume a FB most of the time from CoC but not sure if I will need the boost.

With the assassin single target I should destroy non add bosses and perhaps the survability additions will help push the build over the edge. Thanks for the tip @Pacificstar

• Options
    Carpy wrote: »

They changed leap slam last league to always jump the full distance of you're holding left trigger.

What fucking black magic sorcery is this! I had no idea!

• Options
    edited March 2018
    ok hit level 70 after faceplanting to iuzaro 15 times and the build kinda works, blade flurry at 1k tooltip with ruthless (so damage support not displaying) on a 4l with cwc raging spirits. im using some nonsense 6s chest so would need to figure out what i actually want to do for links and chest, absolutely no clue what to do there - correct move for damage is probs to get skeletons as well as srs because skellies have such good added damagios right now, but more than one spell on cwc = horrendous. also should put shield charge into my boots instead of melee splash idk

vaal double strike is fun, i need to test if he can summon gareths using scourge (gareth is the wolfs)

3 thumbs up many ravens

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    lol

2p4f7lb04xl01.png

I want a framed copy of this.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I got my rf guy to mapping just to find out I don’t like rf. I think I hate myself..

Now that I have tabula I may just try to make a trace bladefury champion that’s all the rage with the kids.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    Getting T15 Elder to spawn is awful. I'm almost to 100/150 on grinds and I still don't have my last memory fragment.

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I copied Alkaizer's crit reave jugg but it was a fairly stupid idea since mathil was playing a crit reave guardian for a while so all the stuff I need is absurdly expensive. The build is fun to play but I don't really want to pay what people are asking for stuff so I've switched back to playing my GC Miner.

luckily I've finally started to get some t13 maps, I think I was cursed for a while!

Looks like the patch is up for PC, I wonder what beast prices will look like to start?

mccart on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    mccart wrote: »
    I copied Alkaizer's crit reave jugg but it was a fairly stupid idea since mathil was playing a crit reave guardian for a while so all the stuff I need is absurdly expensive. The build is fun to play but I don't really want to pay what people are asking for stuff so I've switched back to playing my GC Miner.

luckily I've finally started to get some t13 maps, I think I was cursed for a while!

Looks like the patch is up for PC, I wonder what beast prices will look like to start?
    Ones for choke points like belts and flasks and sealing prophecies will likely be crazy

• Options
    I saw someone offering 50c each for spots in a Farrul kill yesterday, so cat and spider portals will probably be up there.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    The new faster net throw along with the auto-aim is very nice. Also very happy they added DisableDropSound so I can disable the sound for the nets I don't care about anymore.

*I guess I spoke too soon DisableDropSound doesn't seem to work or I'm using it wrong.

apparently it's not working yet

mccart on
  • Options
    Apparently trading doesn't grant Bestiary progress. Some of those corpses are going to be damn expensive.

• Options
    I found an ilvl80 elder diamond ring and tried some beastcrafting on it, I didn't end up with anything usable and honestly it is a little clunky but it was fun trying to get something good out of it. I like the improvements they've made to the league so far, it's unfortunate it wasn't a bit more polished at the start since I suspect the league design itself was targeted at casual players who rarely make it to maps rather than more end-game oriented players.

Now that you can supply a base for some of the recipes I wish I had kept better track on which types of beasts I had few of, since even low level rare ones are suitable for crafting with a supplied base.

I also found some t15 maps and was able to clear those fairly easily, though I did do a shaped reef and the shaped mod for that map ended up empowering the boss so I had to use a bunch of portals to get flask charges to kill it. I also was dumb and forgot to socket concentrated effect for the boss fight itself which would have made things quite a bit easier.

• Options
    I like the beast mode since it breaks up farming monotony when there is a chance something out of the ordinary will happen. I did run across a red beast in a map I could easily destroy that was unkillable (in that it destroyed me and I did zero damage to it--must have been fire immune. I guess completionists will need to create alts to catch them all.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    I've never found one that's immune. It probably had extra life plus life regen and outhealed your dmg.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I've never found one that's immune. It probably had extra life plus life regen and outhealed your dmg.

Probably true, although it was definitely different that the other reds I'd been hitting. Even though I need to get more damage, it is a shocker when you have RF, EO, EE, Despair and are blasting it with SR and the health bar doesn't move. My guess is I couldn't focus fire long enough to see an effect since it was doing buttloads of damage to me. I was too close to dinging to want to get into a drawn out zerg fight with it.

― Marcus Aurelius

• Options
    frost bomb can help with those guys, reduces target life regen by 75%

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I am late to a doctor's appointment because I was enjoying watching @surrealitycheck stream and discussing meme builds

I hope you're happy

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Innocence as melee is fucking obnoxious as he runs away all the fucking time , other then that one bullshit death I’m really enjoying reave/bladfllurry. May have saved the league for me

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    There is always a skill for a specific person to enjoy, you just have to find it.

One skill the game lacks is some kind of "lightsaber" melee skill that comes out of a wand/dagger and deals a component of spell/physical damage.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Innocence as melee is fucking obnoxious as he runs away all the fucking time , other then that one bullshit death I’m really enjoying reave/bladfllurry. May have saved the league for me

Mathil's build?

I made the transition over to the same pair of skills, and god I've missed Reave. Last time I did Reave I was Bino's Crit back when Bino's was broken. But dear god does Blade Flurry do obscene boss dps.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Aegis wrote: »

Mathil's build?

I made the transition over to the same pair of skills, and god I've missed Reave. Last time I did Reave I was Bino's Crit back when Bino's was broken. But dear god does Blade Flurry do obscene boss dps.

Nope I looked over the guide but decided to make my own skill tree. Hope it turns out all right.

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    So how does one even find a beast portal? I'm at tier 10-11 maps and have yet to see anything.

• Options
    Is there any particular strategy to handling prophecies? I just try to 7 active and fulfill them as they pop.