As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Path of Exile]Bestiary League begins on March 2nd

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    AGAIN with the generous Catarina minion. Thanks for the 5L Zahndetus'.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Man, ugh. I gotta sell these gloves I have so I can buy a new weapon.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    The gloves on one of my saved searches (150+ ES, 40+ cold res, 300+ accuracy) have been dropping in price quite a bit; gloves with those stats used to always be above 1ex, now there are some at 40c that have been up for 4 days, and one at 18c that has been up for 5 days.

Not great news for you, you might need to drop the price to get them sold :(.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I started a cyclone Raider and accidentally used Doomfletch Prism until 65.

8 respec points later Ngamahu's Flame is kinda ridiculous. Whirl through packs, beat, bass drops flame balls kill everything. 6 link power without a single fusing orb spent.

I fear it might be too facetanky for hardcore. I'm trying to compensate by running 193% life on the tree without the Constitution cluster and a bunch of armor/evasion (Iron Reflexes right now but I'll spec out once I'm into yellow maps). I have no way to generate endurance charges without Warlords so I'm using that for now. Red Dream would be real nice instead but I don't have 300c(!). Also I could wear a Kaoms Heart at that point if we're talking dream builds.

Only real indecision is which Raider nodes to take. Slaughter + Veil seems like the way to go for HC for the status immunity since you can just get Onslaught from a flask and moar frenzies seems better. Chase makes Onslaught give 40% ms instead though and unless I run Darkrays I don't think I can top that. Gotta go fast.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Finished up my 36th challenge for the portal. All I've got left is two Talisman bosses, the Chaos Warbands leaders, 652 Tri-League Maps, 100 Atziris, 99 Breachlords, and either 49 Rigwalds or 40 Guardians.

Started my Hybrid Poison CwC AW today, should be capable of doing any of the lategame boss content I've got left.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    mccart wrote: »
    The gloves on one of my saved searches (150+ ES, 40+ cold res, 300+ accuracy) have been dropping in price quite a bit; gloves with those stats used to always be above 1ex, now there are some at 40c that have been up for 4 days, and one at 18c that has been up for 5 days.

Not great news for you, you might need to drop the price to get them sold :(.

Yeah, I've got the price down to 3ex right now, which seems pretty competitive for the range.

I need 2 more exalts so I can afford some of these nice thrusting swords in the 3ex range I keep seeing. I've already missed out on about 3 because I don't have the money T_T

Saldonas on
  • Options
    And new weapon acquired! Thank god for path of building, I was able to compare all the swords for sale and find the top DPS

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I've finally reached level 89 (first time for me, so good job on this build TwentySided) and am close to getting all the bonus objectives from the white and yellow maps. My character has 5.9K life, 735 ES, 2.9K mana with MoM. Here is the skill tree.

5L Pledge of Hands with Storm Call, 11K damage says the tooltip. Inquisitor with crit focus.
    Essence Worm and Wrath, with Clear Mind.
    Belly for life and resists, naturally CWDT Imm Call.

My question is, where to go for improvement? I find it exceedingly unlikely I'll get more than 3-4 more skill points this league, but I also can't see good opportunities to reallocate for better survivability or damage, so there's not much to do there for the moment. I feel tempted to remove Nimbleness and the two cast speed nodes before it (close to Pain Attunement) and go for more life or damage, but with Storm Call you want to rain down damage quickly and stand still for brief moments while doing so, especially against late-game bosses. Avoiding stun interruption is also nice.

I should get a basalt or even a unique flask, but not sure which one. And I will try to improve my jewels but I need to eke out that extra life so I don't have much flexibility. My equipment needs enchanting but I have the twice prophecy and I'm going to get an uber service sooner or later, so I think I should wait for that. Switch my support gems around?

I could afford a 6L Pledge with 160 % increased spell damage if I exchanged my chaos for exalteds but I wonder if it's worth the investment, or if I should save for something that is even better for my build or is definitely good but not very expensive.

Ooooh boy, gifs teasing upcoming content!

Absalon on
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    I've been looking at 6L pledges, they're at 500(2 of em), rest for 600 chaos/exalt equiv. That seems bullshit since fuses are around 3:1 for chaos, Vorici 6 linking costs 1500 fuses, around 500 chaos. This is for LSC.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    It is, when a regular Pledge costs like 1 alch or a pair of chisels. But, if you get a good spell damage roll that is worth extra, because the roll has a large span and divines aren't cheap.

Now there's just one for 6 ex. Too much, especially with a bad spell damage roll.

Absalon on
  • Options
    JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    Eeeh, divines are 14c each, even then, the diff between 120 and 160% inc spell damage isn't THAT big. Your build will work fine regardless, plus divining a unique with only one mod roll is easy math if it's worth it to you.

14c is cheap when you're already burning a few hundred for a 6 link.

• Options
    Oh man, that new sword is awesome. DPS is pretty good solo, but it could be a bit better for group content. Trying to see if I can maximize my tree any more since I need both a little more health (I have 3 nodes I can go for right now) but I also need more damage and accuracy.

• Options
    Twenty SidedTwenty Sided Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    I've finally reached level 89 (first time for me, so good job on this build TwentySided) and am close to getting all the bonus objectives from the white and yellow maps. My character has 5.9K life, 735 ES, 2.9K mana with MoM. Here is the skill tree.

5L Pledge of Hands with Storm Call, 11K damage says the tooltip. Inquisitor with crit focus.
    Essence Worm and Wrath, with Clear Mind.
    Belly for life and resists, naturally CWDT Imm Call.

My question is, where to go for improvement? I find it exceedingly unlikely I'll get more than 3-4 more skill points this league, but I also can't see good opportunities to reallocate for better survivability or damage, so there's not much to do there for the moment. I feel tempted to remove Nimbleness and the two cast speed nodes before it (close to Pain Attunement) and go for more life or damage, but with Storm Call you want to rain down damage quickly and stand still for brief moments while doing so, especially against late-game bosses. Avoiding stun interruption is also nice.

I should get a basalt or even a unique flask, but not sure which one. And I will try to improve my jewels but I need to eke out that extra life so I don't have much flexibility. My equipment needs enchanting but I have the twice prophecy and I'm going to get an uber service sooner or later, so I think I should wait for that. Switch my support gems around?

I could afford a 6L Pledge with 160 % increased spell damage if I exchanged my chaos for exalteds but I wonder if it's worth the investment, or if I should save for something that is even better for my build or is definitely good but not very expensive.

Ooooh boy, gifs teasing upcoming content!

Taste of Hate or Atziri's Promise.
    Stibnites for the blind smoke. Played correctly, it mitigates a lot of melee damage from blinding mobs and lets you have nearly permanent uptime on bleed immunity.

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Made some serious progress tonight, got a Death's Door from the intricate locker. Did two enchants and the second one was freeze, ignite, shock if you haven't crit lately, I think I'll leave that one. Got to figure out exactly what to do with the boots now.

Also, killed Shaper for the first time on my own, though it ended up being...messy. I only died once and had to bail on the bullet hell once, but the vortexes were all over the place in phase 3. He was really a jerk in phase 3 too, kept spamming his stupid add phases and bullet hells, and had vortex balls spawn close enough to me that I couldn't move before they went off. Had enough dps to kill the adds decently well without them massing, but they still killed zana a few times since they ran around me to get her and did flicker strike bullshit.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for the advice! Got the 6L and Atziri's promise. Now a Stibnite, and then I just have to figure out where and how to improve my ES.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Nah, give it up. The build has topped out on its potential there. The notion is that you have cheap defenses in MoM, but you've already peaked out short of doing stuff like buying +1 curse amulets, Death's Door and whatnot. At this point, you're gilding the lily.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Maybe you guys can help me out. I'm trying out a LA/Ba archer build, and I like it, but my damage doesn't seem to be what it should be. My clean LA dps in hideout is 6k, but I've seen people using the same build doing 15-20k. I've looked at my gear, and don't really see a lot of places to improve, maybe you guys could take a look and see?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Endervaped/characters character is EnderKotF.

• Options
    You have Merc/Uber Ascendancy to go, which will give you a bunch of crit multi and some more multipliers.
    Vuln on hit Snakebites will give you a double dipping more multiplier.

Neither of those would improve your tooltip though.

• Options
    Wow, I was really over estimating how tough a full key run for uber lab would be. Tried it for the first time, and while most of my chest drops weren't great, I got 12% increased blade flurry area of effect on my helm!

• Options
    Nah, give it up. The build has topped out on its potential there. The notion is that you have cheap defenses in MoM, but you've already peaked out short of doing stuff like buying +1 curse amulets, Death's Door and whatnot. At this point, you're gilding the lily.

Then I'll just have to see how far my skill and concentration takes me! Thanks for all the advice.

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Wow, I was really over estimating how tough a full key run for uber lab would be. Tried it for the first time, and while most of my chest drops weren't great, I got 12% increased blade flurry area of effect on my helm!

Idols + Portals is the easiest possible setup since there's no added damage and plenty of stuff to leech off of. Yesterday was Essences (+ Portals) and it was way harder, atleast for an armor based build.

I did 25 runs today and the only outstanding drops were a Frost Blades enchant I sold for an Ex and a chest of 20q gems. Still an overall profit but it was only like 1.5 Ex an hour.

• Options
    Is there a certain helm you want to keep in stock for putting enchants on? I think I've usually seen hubris circlets, not sure what item level though.

• Options
    You can do unique helms and go for relevant stuff (Daresso's with Cyclone/bow skills or curse buffs on Heretic's Veil) or just i84 Circlets. This late in the league I figure everyone has moved on to their gg ES builds and stuck to Circlets.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

Today's layout is one of the easiest Uber labs I've seen - neither of the first two phases actually buffs Izaro in future fights.

On days where he gets extra damage, or the player gets additional debuffs, it can get pretty scary.

---

@Ender - is there a reason you're not running Physical Projectile Attack Damage Support in either of your KotF link setups? Also, it looks like the character isn't wearing any rings?

In theory, the point of going Assassin is that you have enough crit without running the Increased Critical Strikes gem, allowing you to run another "more" multiplier in its place. Additionally, Added Chaos Damage looks pretty out of place - I understand it's there for the poison synergy with Snakebite, but you don't have much in the way of attack speed or chaos scaling on your gear/tree, and it's probably better off as something like Faster Attacks.

I also think Devoto's may be a bridge too far - it's a gotta-go-fast item for people who are really hyperoptimizing their clear speeds for places like uber lab, but I don't think Lightning Arrow in its current state can afford to give up 10% of its base damage.

EDIT: you can also stand to pick up some more increased physical damage with bows from the skill tree. The Heavy Draw/Deadly Draw cluster should help a lot, and you're already pathing right by it.

Griswold on
    FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    King of the forest doesn't really work that well until you have all of the assassin ascendancies; it is powerful because of the double dipping of projectile damage buffing your poison to ridiculous levels. Added chaos is easily the best support damage gem for that build, It's not a traditional phys-scaling archer build.

Once ender gets his ascendancies filled the damage will skyrocket. After that further damage increases will come from leveling the added chaos gem, getting jewels with 3 double dipping properties (proj damage, chaos damage, inc damage), and perhaps getting jewelry with flat added chaos on them.

Expensive, damage upgrades for that build are stuff like: a 21/20 added chaos, additional arrow drillneck, +2 barrage arrows enchant on devotos

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    King of the forest doesn't really work that well until you have all of the assassin ascendancies; it is powerful because of the double dipping of projectile damage buffing your poison to ridiculous levels. Added chaos is easily the best support damage gem for that build, It's not a traditional phys-scaling archer build.

Once ender gets his ascendancies filled the damage will skyrocket. After that further damage increases will come from leveling the added chaos gem, getting jewels with 3 double dipping properties (proj damage, chaos damage, inc damage), and perhaps getting jewelry with flat added chaos on them.

Expensive, damage upgrades for that build are stuff like: a 21/20 added chaos, additional arrow drillneck, +2 barrage arrows enchant on devotos

Got it - I'll admit to not being overly familiar with the particulars of the build.

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular

Didn't really think about the ascendancies being that much of a factor. I'll have to smash my face against the Merciless brick wall until I can get the next one.

And yeah, I know things like vuln on hit Snakebites and +1 arrow Drillneck help, but those things are multiple exalts each, and I'm poor and have terrible luck with drops.

• Options
    I'd be happy to run you through the labs, hit me up if you see me online. (I'm in the guild, Saltycat is the account name, I'm usually on japanese_maple)

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I made four uber lab runs last night. Didn't really get anything interesting sadly, though one time I did get a bunch of lower level red maps.

I also realized after my first uber lab run that I haven't been keeping a conc effect on me for my blade flurry....

So yeah, bosses die WAY faster now.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    Also, if I want to try crafting a six link astral plate with horror essences, it would be dumb to use one of the celestial justicar ones, since it can't roll t1 affixes, right?

• Options
    Ilvl 80 is too low to get T1 mods, but essence crafting is inexact enough that it probably won't matter if you're trying to do it on a budget.

• Options
    Finally got the invasion boss challenge done. I had just Tailsinger remaining for 45ish maps so I chained Caverns instances until I found him. This thread on reddit was helpful to me for finding the last three bosses I needed. Took me about 25 runs through caverns to find Tailsinger (five with a triple boss stone), so I suspect there might be a better zone to find him.

They recently posted a video of the Act 6 boss, the fight looks really cool.

• Options
    I'd prefer previews of new items and skills to spoilers of new major setpieces, but I understand that they're going to be finetuning those up to and through the beta and don't want to set the wrong expectations.

Very nice water effects I must say.

• Options
    3 fps fight inbound

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    3 fps fight inbound

I'm morbidly curious to see how it'll run on my potato

also, lol at the way that fight "fixes" the discrepancy between melee and range

AresProphet on
    ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I have no doubt they'll be testing all the fights on potatoes too, to see if you can still get viable fups albeit with low settings and resolution. If they're going to expand into China and keep their players in countries like Brazil and Russia they won't add anything that can't be played effectively.

Edit: first five-essence monster. Phew.

I've been meaning to ask - how many new skills do we think are coming with FoO's launch? I think 10-12 is an absolute maximum. Eight being more likely. Three or four new supports. No idea what they could be though.

Absalon on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I haven't even started to consider everything in 3.0, but I'm excited!

So I'm thinking that IF, and I really stress that if, I start one more character this league, I want to try out the ST HOWA meta going on right now. Does anyone know what the current ideal tree for that is, maybe a link to a guide? There's so many of them.

Saldonas on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    I just ran into Abaxoth, the End of All Things in a T16 guardian map.

Uh...that was horrifying.

I wasn't even running a beyond leaguestone on the map, it just had beyond as one of the affixes.

• Options

So I'm thinking that IF, and I really stress that if, I start one more character this league, I want to try out the ST HOWA meta going on right now. Does anyone know what the current ideal tree for that is, maybe a link to a guide? There's so many of them.

I'd suggest looking at Etup's profile. He was LHC first 100 I believe.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »

I'd suggest looking at Etup's profile. He was LHC first 100 I believe.

Etup is already level 100 in Fall of Oriath.