As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let Me Tell You About Podcasts

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so I've got about 12 hours of driving coming up tomorrow/Tuesday

what're some better recent Dollops?

Phantom of the open
    The Falling Pilot

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    turtleant wrote: »
    Aistan wrote: »
    I stopped reading Homestuck once the Trolls became actual featured characters because I don't have time to decipher that nonsense.

I probably should have.

And miss all of the best parts of the comic?

If I woulda stopped there, I never woulda started act 6.

A fair trade, I'd say.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Jetpack Madness is recent, and one of my all-time faves, but I think you already heard that one

Battle of Hayes Pond starts a little slow, but has the happiest ending of any Dollop ever

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I stopped reading Homestuck once the Trolls became actual featured characters because I don't have time to decipher that nonsense.

I probably should have.

And miss all of the best parts of the comic?

If I woulda stopped there, I never woulda started act 6.

A fair trade, I'd say.

Man I wouldn't give up
    The Karkat/John/Dave convo, Penis Ouija, or the hype around the Cascade release for anything. Plus you wouldn't even know about Roxy!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Animal Behavior Enterprises is also very good if you love the crushing weight of irony

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    If I only listen to one episode of the dollop to try to get hooked enough to listen to more which should I try?

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    If I only listen to one episode of the dollop to try to get hooked enough to listen to more which should I try?

The ones I recommend are always Ten Cent Beer Night and The Rube.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I listened to the latest Teenagers With Attitude, it is about the Power Rangers chasing a baby in a stroller rolling down a hill for SUCH AN UNBELIEVABLY LONG TIME.
    I didn't even notice that they didn't actually morph this episode!
    "I think I saw Pulp Fiction when I was like, 13." "Wow, your parents fucked up."
    "Uh, Future Zack, punch that up in post, because it needs a little kick." oh my god he actually did
    "What the hell are we going to talk about once this movie's out?" "I mean, probably just, things."
    "Wait, Power Rangers is reusing the same footage over and over?"
    I think Johnny Yong Bosch is a pretty good voice actor
    "Skating is not a crime, Zack!"
    "It's weird when you think about it, they're called smart phones, but it's almost like they're making us dumber." "God damnit."
    "Kids, ask your parents about the Matrix." I've never seen the Matrix.
    "What do you qualify as a weird orgy, and what's like a normal orgy?"
    "It's like the human centipede of skateboards."
    "I just google image searched 'three skateboards,' thinking that would get me anything other than a bunch of images of three skateboards."
    "He's like, alright, that didn't work, let's try it again." "Which is kind of Zedd's motto."
    "Baby's Day Out was my favorite movie when I was a kid." "Of course it was."
    "That was the meanest thing anyone's ever said!"
    "And also, apparently everyone in Angel Grove who's not a main character, just doesn't give a shit if this baby dies, because they're leaping out of the way of this six-pound stroller, like it's gonna kill them if it hits them." "The sheer number of people in this scene who could easily stop this madness, and choose not to, is staggering."
    "Imagine how long you think this scene goes for, and then double it."
    was that a fucking rocket power reference
    that was a fucking rocket power reference
    "It's kind of like what I imagine the Hunger Games to be, having never watched or read it."
    "What is it with this show and people taking like, white headwear off and revealing like, incredibly obvious identities?"
    "Also, he says Lord Zedd will be pleased you have so much spunk, which is, okay, sure." "Zack." "What?" "Zack." "Semen!"
    "I love how Zedd is wanting to destroy the Earth, but he's so focused on just Angel Grove that people slightly outside of Angel Grove have no idea who he is."
    I thought Fuzors was a Zoids reference
    "We're just wasting time. None of this matters." Teenagers With Attitude goes kind of nihilistic surprisingly often
    "Oh my God, I just realized I've been on mute. For how long?"

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »

The ones I recommend are always Ten Cent Beer Night and The Rube.

The Rube is so fucking good. I would also recommend the Oregon Coast Whale explosion one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Nyyyyyyooooom

Hello fellow host of a BRAND NEW racing cars podcast

I was wondering whose home this was with the rad Transistor poster until I saw all the Fallout stuff, which could only be Danny O'Dwyer

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Holy shit this MaxFun ad for their Star Trek show

Why would you ever, ever listen to anything where the hosts have this much contempt for their own show

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Why would you ever, ever listen to anything where the hosts have this much contempt for their own show

I ask this too at yet the Digital Moncast has... over a thousand listeners wtf!?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I fucking got entrapment'd

Oh good, another excuse to post the image where you clearly agreed of your own free will to read homestuck

Molly once again I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this

• Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    I fucking got entrapment'd

Oh good, another excuse to post the image where you clearly agreed of your own free will to read homestuck

Molly once again I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing this

Listen Im here to help

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Molly is a trickster goddess

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    yes, Molly is Vriska

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    The two best compliments I've ever received

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

I ask this too at yet the Digital Moncast has... over a thousand listeners wtf!?

I'M SORRY WHAT

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Download all of A History Of Rome

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh god I should not have listened to this latest Flop House while eating

No one warned me of the human centipede bit

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Listening to this bit about the Zelda Timeline in the latest Beastcast is killing me for so many reasons

• Options

I'M SORRY WHAT

1263 RSS Subscribers. No guarantee they're listening, I suppose, but thats over 1000 people who know we exist and care enough to find our feed.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    I Love My Gold Electric Chicken, a Griffin McElroy Tale

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Fast and Furious with 40s is my new fav GB thing. Just finished the first one and the glee in Dan's voice when he gets excited for more.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Listening to this bit about the Zelda Timeline in the latest Beastcast is killing me for so many reasons

I have said this beflre, but I totally get not caring about the Zelda timeline

The Zelda timeline making someone LEGITIMATELY AGNRY is so insanely baffling to me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Fast and Furious with 40s is my new fav GB thing. Just finished the first one and the glee in Dan's voice when he gets excited for more.

Fast and Fortyous, surely?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Okay you guys were right.

Ten Cent Beer night was a hell of a story.

• Options

I have said this beflre, but I totally get not caring about the Zelda timeline

The Zelda timeline making someone LEGITIMATELY AGNRY is so insanely baffling to me

It's a combination of I think the timeline stuff is super dumb, and that someone felt the need to email them about how the timeline has always been there because of this and that and then using the Link to the Past subtitle as proof even though the Japanese name was Triforce of the Gods, and etc etc.

• Options
    Vinny mentioning Final Fantasy is what made it click into place for me

I really like a series that just revolves around central themes but is for the most part unconnected

If they tried to say that every Final Fantasy game is connected in some way, that would be annoying

The Zelda timeline just seems completely unnecessary and a borderline waste of time

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Vinny mentioning Final Fantasy is what made it click into place for me

I really like a series that just revolves around central themes but is for the most part unconnected

If they tried to say that every Final Fantasy game is connected in some way, that would be annoying

The Zelda timeline just seems completely unnecessary and a borderline waste of time

That's specifically not the case with Zelda though. The games have been connected for ages. Not all of them, but as soon as you establish canonical links, (heh, Canonical Links) people are gonna run with that. And that sort of thing can be fun. Calling it a "waste of time" on a fucking internet forum is pretty rich.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Oh I get it because we're all wasting time already

Good one

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's the idea that the canon timeline is the important one that makes me roll my eyes

it's all made up something is only canon until it gets in the way of something they want to do, adherence to canon is the enemy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm not going to say everyone has to love weird convoluted timelines as much as me, but I AM going to say that Final Fantasy X is a distant prequel to Final Fantasy VII.

• Options
    I'm not going to say everyone has to love weird convoluted timelines as much as me, but I AM going to say that Final Fantasy X is a distant prequel to Final Fantasy VII.

incorrect

final fantasy x-2 is a prequel

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    the timeline splits when the blitzball is a bomb

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Oh I get it because we're all wasting time already

Good one

Good what? It's a needlessly dismissive tone that is completely unwarranted given the circumstances of the discussion.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

I know exactly what you're talking about and I love that dumb theory so much.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Chaos Dunk?

• Options
    the timeline splits when the blitzball is a bomb

I mean yeah, obviously, but that doesn't happen until Final Fantasy X-2.5

• Options
    or does it

liEt3nH.png