As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Raindrop/ [JOB] talk/ Typin' up reports in the hotbox

• Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Who got two thumbs and stumbled upon another potential major case today - this guy.

My years of screwing around on the Internet combined with some curiosity is quickly gaining me a reputation of finding billable hours where none existed.

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Woof, this temp

I like him a lot but he gets weirdly defensive about stuff that I intend to be just a straight-up question

Like I was going to do a setup for a meeting, so I asked him if he made a fresh pot of coffee (because I did a setup earlier and noticed it was somewhat low)

he starts going on and on about how yes it's fresh and he wouldn't give them old coffee and yes it's a new pot of coffee

I went to fill it up and... It wasn't a new pot of coffee. So I make a fresh one, whatever, no big deal. When I get back he starts asking me how *I* do setups and if I get fresh coffee and basically it turns out he was talking about the coffee that's left on the back counter (where we keep the hot drink holders) and 'how do I know' if it's fresh or not and arrgh

I imagine it's a bit difficult since English is not his first language (I mean, he speaks fine, but there's probably some subtleties of the language that are difficult), but still, dude!

Adding to that, yesterday we were trying to get an urgent job done and he starts arguing with my boss about how he wants to learn how to do things in his own way, and I later had to tell him yeah that's cool, but maybe not when we're stressing out on getting something done.

• Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »
    There, called the production manager, told him I'd had a change of heart about the forklift job (giving him the pay cut as the reason; no need to make a scene about the workload being the issue) and he accepted it with complete understanding.

Now we wait for another shoe to drop.

Getting tired of shoes and gravity, myself.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    There, called the production manager, told him I'd had a change of heart about the forklift job (giving him the pay cut as the reason; no need to make a scene about the workload being the issue) and he accepted it with complete understanding.

Now we wait for another shoe to drop.

Getting tired of shoes and gravity, myself.

damn that issac newton, super villain

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Koro's Boss: Okay, I understand that, but to truly show that you mean it, I want you to reach your arm into this barrel of hydrochloric acid.

• Options
    I have tanks of HCl I already reach into as it is!

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    caligynefobcaligynefob DKRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Woof, this temp

I like him a lot but he gets weirdly defensive about stuff that I intend to be just a straight-up question

Like I was going to do a setup for a meeting, so I asked him if he made a fresh pot of coffee (because I did a setup earlier and noticed it was somewhat low)

he starts going on and on about how yes it's fresh and he wouldn't give them old coffee and yes it's a new pot of coffee

I went to fill it up and... It wasn't a new pot of coffee. So I make a fresh one, whatever, no big deal. When I get back he starts asking me how *I* do setups and if I get fresh coffee and basically it turns out he was talking about the coffee that's left on the back counter (where we keep the hot drink holders) and 'how do I know' if it's fresh or not and arrgh

I imagine it's a bit difficult since English is not his first language (I mean, he speaks fine, but there's probably some subtleties of the language that are difficult), but still, dude!

Adding to that, yesterday we were trying to get an urgent job done and he starts arguing with my boss about how he wants to learn how to do things in his own way, and I later had to tell him yeah that's cool, but maybe not when we're stressing out on getting something done.

The other stuff could be excused but the highlighted could potentially sink him - especially in legal environment. We are always working with time limits and always delaying things until the last possible minute and something that could add to that stress is not welcome. Are you a paralegal?

PS4 - Mrfuzzyhat
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

okay but this time

there's something important to the company that needs to be saved

and you don't get to wear your protective gear

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Stabbed in thumb by glass shard from smart phone. Need to start budgeting for Christmas.

• Options
    Woof, this temp

The other stuff could be excused but the highlighted could potentially sink him - especially in legal environment. We are always working with time limits and always delaying things until the last possible minute and something that could add to that stress is not welcome. Are you a paralegal?

Nah, just an office services dude. I've got extensive experience working with deadlines.

And yeah, this guy is pretty decent overall but little things just add up over time...

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

okay but this time

The President has been kidnapped by ninjas!
    Are you a bad enough dude to stick your unprotected appendages into this barrel of HCl?

• Options

okay but this time

Are you a bad enough dude to stick your unprotected appendages into this barrel of HCl?

Well... you mean the President now?

I dunno, I like my appendages a whole lot, and that barrel of HCl ain't hurtin' nobody.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Question of the day: "What is this Word 16 refresher for?"

Excel 2007, obviously.

• Options
    obama

obama was captured by ninjas

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options

okay but this time

They give him protective gear?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

okay but this time

They give him protective gear?

I assume "allow to buy from company store"

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    What else is he gonna spend the company scrip on?

Can't buy food with it.

• Options
    I make a million bison dollars an hour. How much do YOU make?

• Options
    What's the conversion on Walmart Quarter-Rounds?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    What's the conversion on Walmart Quarter-Rounds?

A barrel and something to bite down on
    Whiskey is optional

• Options
    L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular

okay but this time

Well... you mean the President now?

I dunno, I like my appendages a whole lot, and that barrel of HCl ain't hurtin' nobody.

I realized the folly of my plan only after I got the ninjas to enact it!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Because my week was shaping up to be a decent one, some part of the LCD on my workstation monitor decided to blow up while I was rearranging and repacking tools, just for laughs.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

No.

Jesus fuck, no you don't.

That is what remote manipulator arms are for.

Damnit, if I win the lottery, step #1 is "buy Koro a nice house somewhere at least 2000 miles from the plant he currently works at".

• Options

No.

Jesus fuck, no you don't.

That is what remote manipulator arms are for.

Damnit, if I win the lottery, step #1 is "buy Koro a nice house somewhere at least 2000 miles from the plant he currently works at".

yeah but those cost money

Manager's thoughts, "if koro's arm melts away, worst case he'll just go on worker's comp for a few months and come back, right?"

• Options
    Ghosts are using the printers to print raw code

Only thing of note after 5.5 hours

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Ugh my opening supervisor is in her state of constant panic about everything and I'm having a really hard time being my usual cordial self and not telling her to just go home of she can't function.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Ughhhh... day four with a fever, would really like to make it back to work tomorrow stupid weak flesh.

• Options
    Site supervisor joked about working a job surrounded by hot women.

This would be nice if it weren't for every last one of them being in a relationship.

And everyone thinking I'm 20.

Also tested a blood pressure device for them and discovered that my blood pressure is 106 compared to 120 last year.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh my god why does nothing in the universe WORK today

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    tynic wrote: »

It's probably lupus

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

I couldn't get something to compile earlier so I just walked away and fiddled with stuff for like 2 hours until the day ended.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    interesting development re: my call centre job which is godawful by the way

i was having one of my (frankly inhumane) 15 minutes breaks midway through my 12 hour shift today when i overheard the catering managers having a discussion about needing to hire a breakfast guy

i was like yo hey hi hello haha yes hello hi i will be that breakfast guy, i will be your breakfast guy, just deliver me from this hell

they liked my attitude and have booked an interview for friday morning

7-noon weekdays and as much raw bacon as i can fit down my trousers

Beasteh on
  • Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    Oh, hello. You flew from the Netherlands to Vancouver to meet with me and my co-worker today? And my co-worker never told me? And my co-worker is MIA and is not answering his phone so I'll just have this meeting that I am very unprepared for right now I guess?

I hate feeling unprepared and unprofessional. I hate feeling that I am wasting other people's time (especially when they made a 12? hour flight to meet with me).

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Co-worker's boyfriend just dropped off their new 4-month old German Shepherd.

Oh.
    My.
    GOD!

This puppy is so cute!

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »

Oh.
    My.
    GOD!

This puppy is so cute!

where are the pictures you bastard

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Who got two thumbs and stumbled upon another potential major case today - this guy.

My years of screwing around on the Internet combined with some curiosity is quickly gaining me a reputation of finding billable hours where none existed.

What type of work do you do?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    In job news.

Doctor needs all my medical records to sign off on this form saying I'm fit to serve.

Queue me running straight to the doctor's in time to to sign the form before they close so they can send it off to my old doctor.

Hopefully they get the records tomorrow and can sign off on it tomorrow. Pretty sure this is the last thing they need for my adjudication to go through.

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    interesting development re: my call centre job which is godawful by the way

i was having one of my (frankly inhumane) 15 minutes breaks midway through my 12 hour shift today when i overheard the catering managers having a discussion about needing to hire a breakfast guy

i was like yo hey hi hello haha yes hello hi i will be that breakfast guy, i will be your breakfast guy, just deliver me from this hell

they liked my attitude and have booked an interview for friday morning

7-noon weekdays and as much raw bacon as i can fit down my trousers

Wait a minute, you're going from 12 hours a day to 5 hours a day? Is that entirely good?

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »

Oh.
    My.
    GOD!

This puppy is so cute!

where are the pictures you bastard

Blurry. Very very blurry.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Lail wrote: »
    Oh, hello. You flew from the Netherlands to Vancouver to meet with me and my co-worker today? And my co-worker never told me? And my co-worker is MIA and is not answering his phone so I'll just have this meeting that I am very unprepared for right now I guess?

I hate feeling unprepared and unprofessional. I hate feeling that I am wasting other people's time (especially when they made a 12? hour flight to meet with me).

Are you sure this isn't some advanced social engineering scheme?

Also I strained my back this weekend and fuck if it isn't acting up today. Went home early and now I'm stretched out prone with anti inflammatory painkillers working on the pain. ughh.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
This discussion has been closed.