As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Battlefield] - 2042 - Launches Nov 19th

• Options
    HadesHades Registered User regular
    The Rotterdam assassination mission is a good one to farm on, set it on easy. The extraction point is in the courtyard with the buildings that go 3 floors up (c point on conquest). Just camp the stairwell and you'll rack up the kills.
    Doesn't work for any assignments that need objective based kills though since Combined Arms has no objective areas. Vehicles count but the Rotterdam mission only has 2 and I think completing the mission counts towards wins as well.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Completed what I needed to get the STuG last night. A day off, enhanced calm, and realizing the bottom path was better, managed to get it in a few matches.

Phew.

Love it, too. Even when not driving, the internal machine gun position is great.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    Oh man, finally last night I finished the Ribeyrolles proficiency VI (I think?) that required 3 kills while attacking objectives in one life. Sweet release. Now to finish the mastery (20 kills inobjective areas in one round). I got to 12 in that same game.

• Options
    ToyDToyD Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Oh man, finally last night I finished the Ribeyrolles proficiency VI (I think?) that required 3 kills while attacking objectives in one life. Sweet release. Now to finish the mastery (20 kills inobjective areas in one round). I got to 12 in that same game.

I found that the best is operations, frontlines or a really good breakthrough match for that 20 objective kills. ESP if it has to be attacking.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    So they solved the StuG IV problem in quite possibly the worst way imaginable

They are now selling it to everyone at a discount

As someone who completed the assignment and didn't get the tank this feels like punishment. For people who completed the assignment and did get the tank this also feels like punishment?

It's just bad

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    So they solved the StuG IV problem in quite possibly the worst way imaginable

They are now selling it to everyone at a discount

As someone who completed the assignment and didn't get the tank this feels like punishment. For people who completed the assignment and did get the tank this also feels like punishment?

It's just bad

Back in MY day we had to actually do the mission the hard way! None of this company coin business you kids these days do. Muaaaaaahhhhh.

I’m still not sure why they have so many issues with these assignments. This is NOT a new battlefield feature.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    It was only 100 cc so I just rolled my eyes and went ahead and bought it. Other than the 360 degree passenger machinegun position, I am not sure what it will do better than the Panzer IV.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    I think I'm back up to 93,000 CC after spending 40k, so if it's only 100 CC, that's not a big deal.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    I think I'm back up to 93,000 CC after spending 40k, so if it's only 100 CC, that's not a big deal.

How?!

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I have like 140k cc. I have spent a bit here and there but mostly upgrading trees.

The archer is pretty good, speedy little guy that can pack a punch. I've noticed a lot of not hits on targets lately with the MG and main gun. Not sure what's up but it seems to be distant targets most of the time.

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Just to confirm, they nerfed long range 20 mm AA cannon damage on armor?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Yes I believe so.

Battle of Hannut is what bfv needed it's right now a fun play mode with a variety of things to do.

Here's hoping for more

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    I had a few beers tonight and decided to play some grand operations and fool around. I figure hitting 200 hours /played its time for some shenanigans.

https://youtu.be/f8Zni-5AbvY

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I'm going deep into the lab with the Ross rifle.

Scopeless you get strippers, and a straight pull bolt. You can also do the fast bolt perk.
    The math says - You essentially get a selb with 1hk head shots.... but no scope.

I am going to mainline this aggressively and hopefully it works the way i think.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Its still a bolt gun so its slower (as expected) but it cycles slower than the einfield with 5 less bullets. Pros are its irons are great and it has much higher bullet velocity and that helps at range.

Ross is pretty good!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DarkMechaDarkMecha The Outer SpaceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'm a BF fan going back to the original game, but I haven't played since BF3. Despite some of the bad press, 5 looks pretty freaking cool to me and is on sale. If I'm looking for some of the fun times I remember with BF1942 and BF2, will I enjoy 5?

DarkMecha on
    Steam Profile | My Art | NID: DarkMecha (SW-4787-9571-8977) | PSN: DarkMecha
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    No. Game has changed too much. But try it anyway, especially if you've got friends to play with.

• Options
    asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    You can also pay $15 for the origin premier access to try it out for a month, and then cancel it if you don't like it

edit: I'm not too sure but you might get a 10 hour trial on the $10 a month Origin Basic version if you want to save some money

asofyeun on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Hrm well I don't expect it to play exactly like older games, a series has to evolve. I just want big maps with vehicles and infantry fighting it out over points.

I'm looking at it for ps4 this time around (times have changed for me too heh) so I'll just have to check out some twitch streams and decide for myself.

Thanks!

DarkMecha on
  • Options
    SledGodSledGod Registered User regular
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    I just want big maps with vehicles and infantry fighting it out over points.

Things like attrition, squad revive, class mechanics, etc are new, but the series is still very much about playing soldier in a sandbox.

The least BF thing about the series now is that people now longer camp on the runway to wait for planes to spawn.

• Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Bizazedo wrote: »

How?!

Bit belated, obviously, but when they fixed the issue and gave CCs from the past is when I got a ton of them. The rest is just like 2k+ per Conquest game.

I haven't played in weeks, though, Anthem / Div 2.

• Options
    LindLind Registered User regular
    So.. is Firestorm out today or is it just trailers?

• Options
    25th I believe

• Options
    edited March 2019

A new road map for the regular game starts today.

Hades on
  • Options
    Hades wrote: »

A new road map for the regular game starts today.

Oh let's hope for a map or two...

• Options
    There's the Crete aka Greece map coming this chapter and it rumored to be more than one map but there hasn't been much info out.

• Options
    SledGod wrote: »
    DarkMecha wrote: »
    I just want big maps with vehicles and infantry fighting it out over points.

Things like attrition, squad revive, class mechanics, etc are new, but the series is still very much about playing soldier in a sandbox.

The least BF thing about the series now is that people now longer camp on the runway to wait for planes to spawn.

After watching a bunch of twitch streams of BFV on various maps, I felt like there just isn't enough vehicles from what I saw. Instead I loaded up BF4 on PC and found some servers that still had players. I've had a blast! Exactly what I was looking for.

• Options
    A new roadmap is definitely welcome, the lack of maps is starting to show.

I screwed up and only made it to 36/40 for ToW. Could have grinded out the rest I guess but I was just too tired and I got all the weekly rewards so fuck it. Maybe in another lifetime, Baron Von Zorn.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    friend who already has BF5 got BF5 free with his vid card so he tossed it over to me yesterday. This is the only BF game I hadn't played yet so I'm glad to finally have it and my first impressions from about 2 hours of conquest last night are arleady more positive than any of the time I spent with BF 1. I got to level 6 of Tides of War but I guess that is already over lol.

Anybody know what the quick deal is with why people seem to dislike the game? I'm assuming something surfaces as you progress? (Oh also i finally got around to sending an application for the Penny-Arcade Platoon, although i'm still not entirely sure what it does)

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    it's got the same problem that every battlefield since like BF3 has had, where the game is released in what feels like a pretty underfinished state with the assurances that it'll catch up later

the good news is that the turning point is likely to be pretty soon

the bad news is that the game's had trouble gaining a big dedicated playerbase in the meantime

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    ahh. Well I feel like BF4 was just a finished version of BF3 so I was hoping 5 would just be that finished version of 1. Probably helps my first 2 hours with the game were 2 months after launch. (also it looks reaaaaaly nice)

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    Started thinking about older and older BF games and remembered Codename: Eagle. Kinda end up looking if GOG had it and ended up disappointed that they did not.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    New roadmap! Some of the new modes sound cool, but I'm confused about what Outpost might be. Mercury looks like it will be nice change of pace.

I think the biggest news might be "Awakening the Giant" and a "new theater of war" coming in Fall. Hopefully the Pacific?

SledGod on
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I played a bit of Firestorm today before work. It's fun! I managed 6th place my first match by using my old PUBG strategy of jumping near the end, staying outside near circle edge, and keeping the high ground as much as possible. I can see snipers doing really well as the map is pretty large and open with lots of elevation. My main complaint is that with such a large map 64 players makes it a bit barren. The loot system is also pretty terrible and could use some QoL improvements. Definitely the best looking BR out there at the moment, but I can see this being more popular in quads taking advantage of the vehicles. Solo gives me much more of a PUBG feel with long stretches of not seeing anyone which can be boring, but then someone RPGs your hiding spot and you realize it's actually pretty awesome at the same time

• Options
    Yea I played a round today. I don’t hate it. The gun play is INFINITELY better than fortnite so I like that. I managed 16th on my first go, but I’m still not sure that this style of gameplay grabs me. We will see. I tried to open the vault at the dam but the firestorm caught me. It was interesting though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The loot system could use some work. Is it an EA thing or an engine thing that loot and item management seem to be serious weaknesses in games using Frostbite?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    With the rumors of BC3 on the horizon, I watched a really old clip of us playing BC2, on the brutal Angry Dome server.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=By5tXZ1GrWs

Honestly it looks great for such an old game, I really hope they manage to capture the same feeling for BC3, specially seeing how BFV kinda flopped. Miss a bunch of ya dudes.