As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect Andromeda: Pathfinder, I've detected a thread that you can post in

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Well since i make it at home i can add all the narcotics i want

still smug

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Fool you don't know what they put in Tims, no one does, the last one to know died decades ago

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Cup of coffee from Tims is less than two bucks Canadian and its only partially pencil shavings

I hear the new dark roast blend has 30% more pencil shavings

edited March 2017
    Based on my experiences, at least half the time the only ingredient is burnt ass coffee

Al_wat on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I make coffee at home for drastically cheaper prices
    Yeah but then you have to make it.

• Captain MarcusCaptain Marcus now arrives the hour of actionRegistered User regular
    When you're talking to one of your companions there's a bit where they're talking about their upringing/family and how it wasn't very traditional, and one of the dialogue options is to say something like "traditional? Who decides what's 'traditional'? That's stupid, it's like deciding what's 'normal'."

So that was neat

You know how in The Expanse the space truckers put crushed up match heads in their space coffee to make it more palatable

Tims dark roast gets you that gratis

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

jdarksun wrote: »
    I make coffee at home for drastically cheaper prices
    Yeah but then you have to make it.

Counter point: i can do it without wearing pants

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    The mornin just ain't right till I burn my dick with hot coffee

PNk1Ml4.png
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    !
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    i get the appeal of a nicer delivery system than an aging keurig

really I just need to be able to function before noon, but like, it's nice to pretend you're just getting breakfast and that everything is fine

I love my Keurig.

Buy a tin of Tim's Dark Roast for like $12 and its enough for a couple months of daily coffees.

Gotta get the reusable filter pod because most pods aren't recyclable/biodegradable. Also a box of pods is like $10-15 for 24 pods and a tin of ground coffee will last twice as long, if not longer, for the same cost.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Dunkin Donuts coffee for me

My black death-tar of choice

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited March 2017
    I used to go to tims for breakfast and ask for a cup of bacon

"....a.... cup.... of bacon?????" They would say

"Correct. Cup of bacon please."

So they get a cup, load it with bacon. Now, tim hortons doesnt have just bacon on their menu. So they would have to figure out how to charge it. The easiest option, probably only option, was to charge me 50 cents for "side of bacon", like on a sandwich. It was way more than 50 cents worth of bacon.

Al_wat on
    Didn't the Keurig guy mournfully decry his own creation recently, like Hiram Maxim or Oppenhiemer

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Go aeropress and you'll never look back. Best, easiest cup of coffee I've ever made.

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I do half decaf/half reg because I'm trying to keep my caffeine depedency low. Considering I was downing 8-10 cups a day during school, 4-6 cups half-caf is a marked improvement

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I drink multiple cups of delicious hot black tea for free every morning because hotels yo

CYpGAPn.png
    Are you a retired military gentleman who lives in a hotel

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I work at a hotel!

Also, yes

CYpGAPn.png
    Very good, carry on Major

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I thought Jack Reacher drank coffee?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee at all but I never understood the "price of a cup of coffee" rationale are people out there spending 150 a month on coffee

A lot of people stop in starbucks before work every morning.

Starbucks is robbin yall blind

Every time I walk past a packed coffee shop I think to myself "see, those guys know what's up, I should get in on that game. Drugs sell themselves."

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    So what are the actual minimum specs to get this game to run at all? I'm kind of worried I don't meet them.

MrMonroe wrote: »
    rhylith wrote: »
    I don't drink coffee at all but I never understood the "price of a cup of coffee" rationale are people out there spending 150 a month on coffee

A lot of people stop in starbucks before work every morning.

Starbucks is robbin yall blind

Every time I walk past a packed coffee shop I think to myself "see, those guys know what's up, I should get in on that game. Drugs sell themselves."

There's a new weed dispensary in town that does not require a license or even a doctors note and that place makes early morning Starbucks look like an abandoned K-Mart, they're fuckin crawling all over eachother in there

I used to go to tims for breakfast and ask for a cup of bacon

"....a.... cup.... of bacon?????" They would say

"Correct. Cup of bacon please."

So they get a cup, load it with bacon. Now, tim hortons doesnt have just bacon on their menu. So they would have to figure out how to charge it. The easiest option, probably only option, was to charge me 50 cents for "side of bacon", like on a sandwich. It was way more than 50 cents worth of bacon.
    But can you do it without wearing pants?

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Pretty sure I am buying Mass Effect now mainly to spite the asshole harassers.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular

This is offtopic

What's your favourite coffee

Gator wrote: »

This is offtopic

None. I am incapable of drinking coffee or tea due to my taste buds finding them far to bitter to drink.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The real trick to good coffee at home is using water that is below boiling, say around 200F or a little lower. Boiling water extracts bitter compounds from the beans more effectively, so by going a little cooler you get all the flavor without the bitterness.

And to stay off-topic: is anyone else getting crazy rubberbanding in ME:A multiplayer? Or am I just getting unlucky with the hosts I've joined?

Tynnan on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This is all ontopic, because as far as I can tell the first 30 minutes of Andromeda are about coffee

6F32U1X.png
    Tynnan wrote: »
    The real trick to good coffee at home is using water that is below boiling, say around 200F or a little lower. Boiling water extracts bitter compounds from the beans more effectively, so by going a little cooler you get all the flavor without the bitterness.

The main problem is that flavor is still horrendous to me. I love the smell of coffee though.

I purchased a second copy out of spite today.

jdarksun wrote: »
    I purchased a second copy out of spite today.

I was on the fence, thinking about waiting till summer but now I am, "no fuck YOU."

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm mostly sold on it based on multi player and Vecta.

I kinda just want a Mass Effect game about the scummier side of that setting.

Gator wrote: »

This is offtopic

None. I am incapable of drinking coffee or tea due to my taste buds finding them far to bitter to drink.

Well screw you then!!!!!11onetwo

I'm mostly sold on it based on multi player and Vecta.

I kinda just want a Mass Effect game about the scummier side of that setting.

It's out

It's mass effect 2

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Yeah but ME2 is still high stakes military stuff ultimately.

I want a game about being the scum, not recruiting them.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

One of things lost by nuking the Milky Way as a setting was that it would have been the perfect backdrop for noir. Imagine a game as a Citadel detective traveling the galaxy doing cases.

They could still go back in time, but I suspect that setting is defunct for a good, long time.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular

One of things lost by nuking the Milky Way as a setting was that it would have been the perfect backdrop for noir. Imagine a game as a Citadel detective traveling the galaxy doing cases.

They could still go back in time, but I suspect that setting is defunct for a good, long time.

People have been saying "make a detective game set on the Citadel" for years

They wouldn't listen

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    So what are the actual minimum specs to get this game to run at all? I'm kind of worried I don't meet them.

I have a 770 and an i5 3.2 ghz processor and it runs fine enough on medum/low settings.

It isn't the prettiest but performance seems good enough to me, though I haven't counted the frames.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
This discussion has been closed.