As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    Atomikid really liked the elephants at the zoo, and they had bronze statues that the kids could play on, and my kiddo liked the little one

I asked him if the elephant had a name, and he said without hesitation, "Hans!"

The fuck, kid?

Hans?
    4wmMXsKh.jpg

Dallas Zoo, 'Mika?

I loved the aquarium in Dallas. It's absolutely amazing.

yeah, we're members

because aquariums and zoos are basically all kids want to do

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    "Blameless Cleric" it is time to plan our May adventure (feat. Credeiki and Shiv)!

@Atomika ft CRED AND SHIV?? ARE THEY COMING TOO

I'm seeing them in DC (hopefully), and then you, or vice versa order

they're free to come, I guess

that's on them

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    "Blameless Cleric" it is time to plan our May adventure (feat. Credeiki and Shiv)!

Atomika ft CRED AND SHIV?? ARE THEY COMING TOO

I'm seeing them in DC (hopefully), and then you, or vice versa order

they're free to come, I guess

that's on them

oh ok yes let us take this to gchat for TRIP PLANNING

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @matt has a problem @Elldren

That's not the water line....

kgjHxKH.jpg

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    That feel when you find out that the latest Yoshi game is actually called Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World and the people who were calling it that weren't just making a Simpsons joke

wandering on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    That feel when you find out that the latest Yoshi game is actually called Poochy & Yoshi's Wooly World and the people who were calling it that weren't just making a Simpsons joke

Poochy finally made it back to his home planet? What a huge retcon of his death.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    matt has a problem Elldren

kgjHxKH.jpg

I get the distinct impression I shouldn't be near this any time soon.

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    In that VA meeting interview he boast-jokes about "The Southern White House". Too lazy to stay at his actual place of work for more than 3 days per week for two months straight and bragging about it.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular

nah they'll just gerrymander more or restrict voting rights more or just flat out refuse to honor elections because there's a part of me that thinks that the republicans won't cede power without a fight 'cause they're too deslusional not to

Also, that they seem to be just fine with the trappings of fascism

May as well just go whole hog totalitarian

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    i'm just back from a weekend staying in a 5* hotel and by fuck i do not want to go back to work tomorrow

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So, this may be an obvious thing to the urban [chat]ters, but after moving to an area where a lot of things are within walking distance, I'm walking a lot more.

Even when I was in Phoenix, it was in a suburb and nothing was this close.

It's p awesome and a benefit I hadn't considered.

This is why I want to move to a city someday.

Because then EVERYTHING WILL BE IN FUCKING WALKING DISTANCE

fakeedit: Well, maybe not everything but a lot of things but most importantly I'm ready to start relying on my car less.

Things like Walmart/Target or grocery stores are all a bit of a distance, but near me I have a corner store, a movie theater, a bar that hosts a lot of bands I want to see (among a multitude of other bars!), a Starbucks, a major library branch, and all kinds of other good things.

On the one hand, the grocery thing kinda sucks... but on the other, having places like Walmart being inaccessible to me via anything other than a car means I won't be tempted to go there just to "pick up a few things". I've been trying to live with less stuff, so it's kind of a blessing (I've actually thrown out 3 full kitchen trash bags full of "stuff" that I had no for no discernable reason, or things that I kept when I was married that I feel just make the entire thing more difficult). And a grocery store... well, I don't believe I'd go there unless I had a car anyway, so not having to pay for parking is a plus.

It's just really nice. I just got done wandering around downtown for a little while and checking out all the little shops and such that exist and there's so many things!

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    On the other hand, I feel like my accent really fucking sticks out like a sore thumb here. I had to repeat myself to the gas station guy because apparently I say "camel blues" in a way that is indecipherable.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    Yo, there's a pro wrestling tabletop RPG out there

called World Wide Wrestling

http://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/

It's based off the Dungeon World/Powered by the Apocalypse game engine

I am thinking about running a campaign of this over IRC or Discord or something

If you are interested, please quote this post and @ me letting me know.

Please note that while it is not required that you be an active wrestling fan (given that it's about a fictitious promotion and made-up wrestlers), if you're someone who doesn't know anything about pro wrestling and specifically if you think pro wrestling is dumb, but love RPGs... please think carefully, especially in the case of the latter.

If you're like, pro wrestling curious, that's cool, but if you are intending to pinch your nose at the premise of the game just to play, please no

(It might seem weird I have to make this disclaimer but I have been burned on this stuff in the past with game concepts that aren't fantasy or sci fi)

• Options
    They raised the price per day on the parking meter here from $2 to $3.

I have looked at it in three different ways so far:
    *It's 50% more. That's steep.
    *It's just $1, who cares.
    *It's $365 extra per year though.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    @ronya I made a USB recovery thing, but after booting up it won't recognize my keyboard in any of the USB ports, so I can't actually start the repair process

any ideas?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    ronya I made a USB recovery thing, but after booting up it won't recognize my keyboard in any of the USB ports, so I can't actually start the repair process

any ideas?

USB 3.0 or 2.0 ports?

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Beats the hell out of me. How can I tell, and what's the difference?

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Pony wrote: »

Please note that while it is not required that you be an active wrestling fan (given that it's about a fictitious promotion and made-up wrestlers), if you're someone who doesn't know anything about pro wrestling and specifically if you think pro wrestling is dumb, but love RPGs... please think carefully, especially in the case of the latter.

If you're like, pro wrestling curious, that's cool, but if you are intending to pinch your nose at the premise of the game just to play, please no

(It might seem weird I have to make this disclaimer but I have been burned on this stuff in the past with game concepts that aren't fantasy or sci fi)

@Pony oh shit I had read the name of this game but didn't know anything about it - I figured maybe it was some weird 90s artifact rather than a modern pbta game

I would be down obv

• Options
    edited March 2017

@Captain Carrot

The USB 3.0 ports have a blue plastic thing inside, the 2.0 does not.

This is a problem with 3.0, usually, and it's usually nested in the BIOS itself or in Windows. If you've got your KB or mouse plugged into a 3.0, try plugging it in to a 2.0 slot and see if it helps.

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    matt has a problem Elldren

kgjHxKH.jpg

I get the distinct impression I shouldn't be near this any time soon.

It's fine. As long as the gas doesn't mix with any oxygen there won't be any fire. I can't see anyway in which heating up what is likely a copper tube with melting point of around 1900 degrees could cause that. And judging from the heat, it's only 1100 degrees. Nothing can go wrong.
    Run away! Run Away!

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    By default, World Wide Wrestling makes the assumption that wrestling is a work; that you're all playing guys who are performers doing a show, not dudes engaged in a genuine athletic competition.

So you're not playing The Undertaker, who is an actual lich. You're playing Mark Calloway portraying the Undertaker as a pro wrestling character.

idk if there's a way to do it "kayfabe", or what that would even look like

• Options
    Pony wrote: »

It has really positive reviews from SA.

• Options

@Captain Carrot

This is a problem with 3.0, usually, and it's usually nested in the BIOS itself or in Windows. If you've got your KB or mouse plugged into a 3.0, try plugging it in to a 2.0 slot and see if it helps.
    yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg
    Gotcha. I tried switching everything to 2.0, and it didn't help.

• Options
    edited March 2017

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

I know your inputs are not working with the Windows recovery drive, but can you get into the BIOS settings?

(It's usually F2, but it depends on manufacturer)

jungleroomx on
  • Options

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

Does it recognize your USB backup thing, but not the keyboard?

Wondering if your keyboard could be broken.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    62c.jpg

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    The real issue of the day is why there isn't a Shadow Complex sequel

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The real issue of the day is why there isn't a Shadow Complex sequel

It's because they hit it big on App Store with those weird swordwhatever games.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

I mean it can be that way but you can also make life less horrible for people and only some people suffer and die from your actions

The thing that is amazing at Tyranny is that you cannot do the regular western RPG waffle thing, you cannot make everyone happy

so the best bet is to decide on a character, and play true to what that character would play, it's immensely satisfying, for example I played as a good natured diplomat who believes that despite the horror Kyros has inflicted on her subjects, that her rule is overall better than the alternative

The game gave me lots of very tough choices with this type of player, and gave me a number of opportunities to creatively interpret the law in order to not murder some innocents, and it was fantastic

override367 on
  • Options

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

I know your inputs are not working with the Windows recovery drive, but can you get into the BIOS settings?

Technically, not that I can really understand anything. All the USB stuff seems to be enabled, though.
    Honk wrote: »

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

It works when I boot into 8, so that seems unlikely.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Tyranny is a game that I only want to experience second-hand because I have zero doubts that I would become monstrously sad and depressed if I ever played it.

I mean it can be that way but you can also make life less horrible for people and only some people suffer and die from your actions

Yeah,
    you can rebel almost immediately and spend the game setting yourself up as a benevolent-ish new tyrant

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    BotW is made for people with ADD as long as they're ok with never ever beating the game

• Options

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

Technically, not that I can really understand anything. All the USB stuff seems to be enabled, though.

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

@Captain Carrot

What device is this exactly? Make and manu and all that. This is a frustrating problem (had it happen to me before) but pretty common.

You wouldn't happen to have any PS/2 type keyboards laying around?

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

Yeah,
    you can rebel almost immediately and spend the game setting yourself up as a benevolent-ish new tyrant

you can even
    justify your rebellion under Kyros' own laws to Tunaan for a long ass time, because the law as written is flawed but "kyros is infallible right?"

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    OP very great

10/10 would watch again

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    If only it was fantasy pro wrestling

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »

Yeah,

you can even
    justify your rebellion under Kyros' own laws to Tunaan for a long ass time, because the law as written is flawed but "kyros is infallible right?"
    m62oMqa.jpg

Winning at trial is hilarious

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    @firewaterword niiiiiice

I will probably buy one

I got a box o' car detailing stuff last week that I haven't yet put to use

• Options

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

@Captain Carrot

yav3jk1tmzeq.jpg

@Captain Carrot

What device is this exactly? Make and manu and all that. This is a frustrating problem (had it happen to me before) but pretty common.

You wouldn't happen to have any PS/2 type keyboards laying around?
    The motherboard is by MSI and the flash drive is Quicksilver, but the system as a whole has been built and rebuilt by hand.

This discussion has been closed.