Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

TRI-COUNTY WRESTLING Presents: THE REGAL WRANGLE!

12345679»

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Looks like I botched that as hard as possible. Down to 3 Momentum, I believe.
    Do you want me to say what happens, or @Grunt's Ghosts ?

rSjqbNT.jpg?1
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    You plant your foot down on the mat for the superkick... and you feel your knee buckle as you raise up your other leg. You landed wrong, or twisted wrong, or SOMETHING.

You have half a moment to recover, but it's going to be bad either way. Bad bad. You're either going to look real dumb going for half a superkick and stumbling (-1 Audience), or you're going to have to follow through, tweaking your knee (+1 Injury).

What's it going to be, @Crippl3?

@Grunt's Ghosts You watch this go down, and know you have to take over. Competidor Local sees it happening, and hops onto the ropes, setting up for a springboard senton. What do you do?

Ken O
    Well, I'm already at one audience, so I really don't want to drop to zero. I'll take an injury I suppose.

rSjqbNT.jpg?1
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited July 5
    Boris "The Soviet Bear" Melovic

Boris sees Joe trying to kick him one way and his partner trying to hit him from above and takes Joe's injury as an opportunity to gain control of the action. He grabs Joe by the leg and arm and with a growl spins around and bats CL with Joe in mid-air!
    Geth roll 2d6+2 for The Bear Batter!

The Bear Batter!:
    2d6+2 10 [2d6=3, 5]

Grunt's Ghosts on
    They both land in an ugly pile in the corner. CL whispers, "I got this, buddy" in Joe's ear, and rolls to his feet. The crowd pops at his quick recovery, and the two of you square off.
    Take +2 Momentum or +1 Heat with Joe & Competidor. I should note, you're at +3 Heat with both currently (you started at +2, and took a +1 for being in the ring against two Faces)--if you take +1 Heat, you'll be at +4 with both, and gain +1 Audience at the end of the match.

The ref throws you a hand signal, Boris--time to take it home. Give me one last Wrestling move/roll and set up for your finisher.

Boris doesn't give CL much time to recover before he rushes in with a hard elbow to the chest. The wrestler falls back on the rope and bounces back to Boris, who picks him up sky high with his left arm and places a fist over his heart, ready to drop him down with his Finisher: The Iron Curtain!
    Sorry for the delay, new job and all. I am trying to get back to being active on here. So it's not much, but I think I will take the +1 Heat.

Geth roll 2d6-1 for Look

Look:
    2d6-1 4 [2d6=3, 2]

Crippl3
  • Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    edited July 13
    "Raucous" Randy Rammstein yells into the microphone "Boris is really showing off his strength here Chip. That elbow could cave in the chest of a lesser man! As it is it'll leave Competidor Local completely defenseless against the Russian's next move."
    If it's okay I'm using the announcers to put Boris over and bump the botch up a level.

Ken O on
    http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
    edited July 18
    The crowd is blowing up, you're both going to get a good rub from this match.

The ref leans in. "Time to take it home." Competidor Local smiles, and says, "let's make it look good, yeah?"
    Joe and Boris, as you both have +4 Heat, you'll both gain +1 Audience at the end of the match. Boris, roll your finisher!

Dex Dynamo on

With a roar of "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!" Boris slams the CL to the mat hard, laying him out "cold". Boris hooks a arm under his opponent's leg and the ref starts the count.... 1.... 2...
    I'm not sure if Finishers are just 2d6 or if they get a stat. It might be another Look (-1) if it does.

Geth roll 2d6 for Finisher!

Finisher!:
    2d6 8 [2d6=4, 4]

Finishers are a flat 2d6, that you're encouraged to spend Momentum on if you have any to spare.

I had 4 Momentum it seems so I will spend the two to make it a 10.

Ken OCrippl3Elvenshae
    1... 2...

Joe dives in the ring, but...

3!

It's a moment too late. The crowd is outraged. Randy is outraged. Chip is outraged. Everyone is mad.

You fucking nailed it.

Backstage, Tex practically has dollar signs in his eyes. The blow-off match next week is gonna be huge.

@Grunt's Ghosts gain +2 Audience (+1 for your finisher, and +1 for being in the ring with Joe). @Crippl3, gain +1 Audience for being in the ring with Boris. Also, Joe, if you wanna gain some additional Momentum for your match next week, or possibly add a stipulation to next week's match, you can Cut A Promo, but you don't have to.

@Dyvim Tvar it's time for Carter and the Mummy to Cut A Promo. Mark Brian Eagleheart with the curse of the mummy, then roll me +Look!

Ken OElvenshaeNirya
    [THIS SPACE RESERVED FOR PROMO WHILE I GO TO BED/THINK OF ONE]

rSjqbNT.jpg?1