The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

microdrones?

mtsmts Registered User regular
So there was a drone fest thing at the Science center near us this past weekend, and my 5.5 year old seemed really into them. I had been parsing hte idea of getting him a small drone to mess around with but this might have sealed it.

So knowing nothing about them, can anyone recommend a budget friendly microdrone?

preferably easy to fly
durable/easy to fix
cheapish

camo_sig.png

• EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    You probably just want some kind of RC helocopter toy rather than a proper quadcopter at that age.

Guns make you stupid. Better to fight your wars with duct tape. Duct tape makes you smart.

I make Encounter Maps for Pathfinder and D&D! Check them out here: https://falleron.com/
  • mtsmts Registered User regular
    well more than likely I would be flying it for him at first

camo_sig.png
  • DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    Do you have any other requirements or needs? Like a camera mount or camera?

It's hard to tell if your budget is 2, 3 or 4 digits.

If he wants to learn to pilot it buy a few syma 107's (these are helos, not quads). They are $20 each and eventhough there are replacement parts, by the time I've wrecked one I just buy a new one.

• mtsmts Registered User regular
    2 digits so for sure

Something like the x11

camo_sig.png