As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twin Peaks] My Dharma Is The Road

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Also the transition of the car honking to screaming worked really fucking well for me.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i'm still an episode behind.

what i'm doing now is saving them on my dvr. once i find out when/if coop comes back, i'll jump back in.

the wait for it to feel like the twin peaks i liked has been actively deterring my enjoyment so i gotta let it play its course either way so i can judge it on its merits.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    it's not going to become twin peaks (1990-1991)

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited July 2017
    So much this week.

I mean... Anyone else get the drift that Red broke up Shelly and Bobby? I felt like I was watching an estranged family almost reconcile until he showed up-like this scene had played out in a very similar way at least once before. And then suddenly Bobby had a whole lotta unhappy police business on his plate.
    Mr C conspicuous in his absence? Did he lose his mojo when he lost Bob?
    I'm not 100% that the FBI and the Twin Peaks Sheriff's Department are going to the same place. I don't think they're the same coordinates, although I'm sure an industrious redditor will verify it all for us soon.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Also the transition of the car honking to screaming worked really fucking well for me.

Lewis Black's mom sure was mad.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    And there's Gersten Hayworth at last. Wonder if she still plays the piano?

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am ready to declare Dana Ashbrook the season's MVP (when you take Kyle MacLachlan out of the equation)

He's been so good every time he's shown up

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    man that pie shop needs some better to-go containers

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Just watched episode 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmSskYelIlY

That was, like, distilled Lynch

I'm still thinking about what all that meant and what the fuck is going on

• Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Wow, Shelley does not get better at making life decisions.
    I wasn't expecting to see magic drug man back at all and certainly not like this. Poor Bobby.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    SchadenfreudeSchadenfreude Mean Mister Mustard Registered User regular
    Re: Shelley, Bobby & Beckie
    Maybe Bobby will get some catharsis by the end of this by arresting and/or shooting both his daughter's husband and his ex-wife's boyfriend!

Bobby Briggs! Relationship solver!

Also, that ring Shelley wears around her neck, is that Leo's or Bobby's? And can we safely assume Leo is dead now?

Contemplate this on the Tree of Woe
  • Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    I would adore a high res GIF of Candie and the girls during their scene today, the one where Candie is asked where she has been. There's something about the way they move, so hypnotic and peculiar in the way it is shot.

A fantastic episode.

r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Gordons gun is extremely good

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    AH...THE POLICEMAN'S DREAM.

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Good episode but
    AHHHHHHH

WAKE

THE FUCK

UP

STOP TEASING IT
    That woman who was honking her car horn and yelling about how she needs to get somewhere now is the show's stand-in for people who are impatient for Cooper to wake up

David Lynch thinks you deserve to have a weird zombie child vomit all over you

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
  • Options
    Andy Joe wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Good episode but
    AHHHHHHH

WAKE

THE FUCK

UP

STOP TEASING IT
    That woman who was honking her car horn and yelling about how she needs to get somewhere now is the show's stand-in for people who are impatient for Cooper to wake up

David Lynch thinks you deserve to have a weird zombie child vomit all over you

I almost thought she was the same woman who told Becky that Stephen and what's her name had left their apartment already. But no.

unrelated:
    f2usxal3lq3a.png

Does this shot make anyone else think of a classic point-and-click adventure game? I can just imagine each character with their own inventories, skills, dialogue trees, done up in a Superbrothers pixelated style

• Options
    The Twin Peaks wiki is so good

hVWJUBU.png
    yeah, that'll do it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Latest episode non-spoilers:
    When Gordon spent five full minutes ushering his lady friend out of the room, I was fairly certain Albert was going to kill everyone in the room, then the viewer at home, then himself. I love Gordon and Albert both so much.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    New ep:
    So nice to see Audrey finally. I have no idea what's going on with her, but it was very amusing. Her facial expressions were so great.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Latest
    So we're not supposed to know who the fuck Billy is right?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Latest
    So we're not supposed to know who the fuck Billy is right?
    The guy andy met with who was too scared to talk to him.

• Options
    Episode 12
    I wasn't sure if the lady in the market was Sylvia Horne or Sarah Palmer

until she started yelling, then it was very clear

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Episode 12
    The hard cut from Cooper and the kid is the hardest I've laughed all season

I was settling in for another extremely long Dougie scene and boy did they know it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    this episode made me wonder
    about those end-of-episode roadhouse booth scenes, of which we've had at least 3 now

at first i assumed that those characters would come back, especially given that jane levy and sky ferreira are fairly big names for unresolved one-offs

but this episode made me think that they're almost of a piece with the end-of-episode musical acts themselves, and act more like running glimpses of characters we'll never see again, more to capture the mood and environment of twin peaks than to fit into the plot in meaningful way

the flood of new names at the end of the episode was so over the top that i can't imagine they're all important, it seemed to me more an ironic way of expressing that we shouldn't be too concerned with the specific plots of these characters, only aware that there are these numerous quasi soap opera storylines going on that we only see in passing, and they're all sort of variations and microcosms of the same story lynch/frost have been telling (similiar to "invitation to love" in a way)

of course now that i've said this, all these characters are guaranteed to come back

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Man, we've gone a looong stretch without so much as a whiff of Dark Coop.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Man, we've gone a looong stretch without so much as a whiff of Dark Coop.

Well I think he was mentioned
    I took Diane realizing the coordinates are twin peaks, then that dude at the road House yelling about how he almost got run off the road to mean Mr. C has arrived.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »

ok, that was much better than it had any right to be.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

David Lynch is a goddamn treasure

• Options
    I sincerely hope that David Lynch makes good on his plans to have a podcast once Twin Peaks is over.

I mean, with his hands-on approach to sound design as it is, can you imagine?

• Options
    The weirdest phenomenon is the most negative people I see about this season are LA comedians

like clockwork, every Sunday night I can expect to see Steve Agee and Paul F. Tompkins ranting about how the show sucks now

PFT is currently antagonizing people who like it on Twitter

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    The weirdest phenomenon is the most negative people I see about this season are LA comedians

like clockwork, every Sunday night I can expect to see Steve Agee and Paul F. Tompkins ranting about how the show sucks now

I've heard some...specious assertions that of the LA comedy scene, there is a subset into Transcendental Meditation, which has led to some sour grapes about casting in the new season, somehow. That's about all I got in terms of specifics, but I certainly wouldn't suspect anything cliquish in the entertainment industry, you know?

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited August 2017
    Ah, yes, professional TV critic Paul F. Tompkins :P

EDIT: Of course it's fine that he doesn't like it, but why use your platform as a kinda-sorta celebrity to proactively antagonize those who do? I don't get it.

I've heard some...specious assertions that of the LA comedy scene, there is a subset into Transcendental Meditation, which has led to some sour grapes about casting in the new season, somehow. That's about all I got in terms of specifics, but I certainly wouldn't suspect anything cliquish in the entertainment industry, you know?
    Hey, man, they got Brett Gelman, what more do they want?

President Evil on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    God I wish pft would heckle me.
    Hopefully as lord Andrew Lloyd Webber

• Options

always digging his way out of the shit, that one

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Looks like the show's on an hour earlier starting now because here he comes, here comes Ray Donovan back to our televisions

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OH MY GOD

• Options
    I'm dead. The ending of this episode killed me. Goodbye friends.