As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect: Andromeda] Sara's out and Scott free; tag your spoilers.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Okay, Eos 2.0 question because this is driving me insane
    at the kett stronghold, trying to kill the commander dude. Even though I disabled the alarms, the game keeps spawning new enemies and many of them are INVISIBLE. I'm not talking cloaked, I mean to the point that it seems like a bug. I have a huge fucking sniper rifle built to blow kett heads clean off but that isn't very helpful when I can't even see my targets, and the AI teammates are useless because they're busy trying to engage 30 targets at once. Am I missing something, here?

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    What's our PS4 community look like? I'm not sure my PC can handle this.

Alternative , I've got an i5 processor and 760 GPU with 8G of ram, if anyone has similar specs I'd love hear how it looks/runs on your rig.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    3clipse wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I saw Jaal naked. I don't recommend it...
    Wait...you actually get to see the non asari aliens get freaky in this one?

Bold move, Bioware. Bet you still can't hit on krogans though.

Nobody is ready for that scene. We may never be.

You could bang Garrus and Thane in ME2!
    Can't speak about the Thane romance but nothing really happens in the scenes between Garrus and Shepard.

Its more just implied.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    What's our PS4 community look like? I'm not sure my PC can handle this.

Alternative , I've got an i5 processor and 760 GPU with 8G of ram, if anyone has similar specs I'd love hear how it looks/runs on your rig.

Got an i5 4670k, a GTX 770 with 4 GB and then 8 GB of RAM. Game runs at a super stable 60 FPS with all med settings except AA which I've turned to the highest setting. That's just multiplayer though, no idea how it runs in singleplayer. That said medium settings look pretty enough, I was on the fence about upgrading my PC and now I can say that won't be necessary just yet.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Garrus walked Shepard home gently

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Garrus walked Shepard home gently
    And kissed her on the cheek good night like a true gentlemen.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ran into my first
    Dragon, I mean that's what it is, but I forget what my crew called it. Took a couple shots at it, then left to do other stuff.

Female Asian seems to be the best route to go -

https://masseffectarchives.com/#user/2264250798/playthrough/5780908/gender/female

Nosf on
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Drack (side non-story-spoiler stuff):
    Got got by a Nigerian PrinceAsari Matriarch scam. Classic.

Tynnan on
  • dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    This is not a good character creator.

Is there a skin tone that isn't "orange"? The default Ryders are not orange. The custom skin tones are all various shades of Crayola, and I don't mean the realistic ones. NOBODY is at least three of these color presets. Breakfast cereal isn't these colors.

I also see the defaults get special facial hair and hairstyle options...

• MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    So just a performance update. I am running an i7 2600K @ 4.2, 8G Ram, and a R9 390X. I am running on 1080p Ultra @ 60fps and haven't had any significant dips or drops.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    A couple yes/no questions:
    Are Drack or any of the other companions missable?

Is Drack recruited after you first meet him on Eos?

I left Eos after meeting Drack to finish off some Nexus quests. When I orbited Eos again, the Turian merc lady (still learning names) was talking to him on comms, but he's not a member of my crew.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    No and
    he joins after you finish the main story stuff there.

• CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    H-047c is amazing.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    So, PA, should I buy this? It's real hard to get a read on reviews because they all seem to get hung up on specific details like the animations and type of quest (I don'treally care if they're all fetch quests). These aren't deal breakers for me. Like is it fun to play? Are the mechanics rewarding? Is the story good? Is the writing? How are the RPG elements?

I watched the Giant Bomb stream and the writing and VO seemed really... not good. But the combat and shootymans looked really fun.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Spaffy wrote: »
    So, PA, should I buy this? It's real hard to get a read on reviews because they all seem to get hung up on specific details like the animations and type of quest (I don'treally care if they're all fetch quests). These aren't deal breakers for me. Like is it fun to play? Are the mechanics rewarding? Is the story good? Is the writing? How are the RPG elements?

I watched the Giant Bomb stream and the writing and VO seemed really... not good. But the combat and shootymans looked really fun.

If you like the Mass Effect series? Yes.

HappylilElf on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Every bit of bad you've seen would comprise around 5% of what is actually there. The rest is great.

Put it this way: We're all having fun, even if some bits are kinda annoying. Overall do not regret, and it is Mass Effect as fuck.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Restarted my game so I could redo my Ryder's face
    r1sl5jW.jpg?1

Previous attempt was this, which didn't look bad in the CC, but her eyes and mouth looked weird in game; especially in non-cutscenes.
    Ce9v1BE.jpg?1

Also, I don't know if it's because I'm running the game with steam on, but a lot of my conversion choices get picked for me almost immediately.

It's a race against time to try to move move mouse off the current selection of dialogue because the game automatically chooses it.

Sometimes the option doesn't even appear and the scene will continue without the prompt.

Another bug I've scene is some characters in the background or foreground in a scene will be pixelated as fuck. Is there a setting I can adjust to fix this?

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    This game is great. And I love it more the more I play it. I'd recommend it, and I loved me1-3

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Insanity is great so far. I worried about the Flamethrower build at first, but with increased Range at 5 and reduced damage from enemies at 6, it works really well. I'll definitely be looking for additional Range upgrades wherever I can find them, because that seems to have made the biggest difference for me.

• autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    So this game has new game plus where you can change your appearance and gender? Awesome!

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    So how does weight work for weapons? Slow your power refresh down? Or?

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So how does weight work for weapons? Slow your power refresh down? Or?

Yep, you can see this represented by the power recharge %.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    r1sl5jW.jpg?1

Previous attempt was this, which didn't look bad in the CC, but her eyes and mouth looked weird in game; especially in non-cutscenes.
    Ce9v1BE.jpg?1

Also, I don't know if it's because I'm running the game with steam on, but a lot of my conversion choices get picked for me almost immediately.

It's a race against time to try to move move mouse off the current selection of dialogue because the game automatically chooses it.

Sometimes the option doesn't even appear and the scene will continue without the prompt.

Another bug I've scene is some characters in the background or foreground in a scene will be pixelated as fuck. Is there a setting I can adjust to fix this?

Bioware just needs to include a bunch of "sample scenes" in the character creator. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of conversations from different angles in different lighting so you can figure out whether your character is a horrible mutant before hitting the go button.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I too had to respec my Ryder into an engineer. Partly it was just a matter of convenience because I was doing a synthetic-heavy area, but the main reason was that it was impossible to imagine my goofy, barely competent Ryder as a powerful biotic. My canonical Shepard dubstepped her way through the entire trilogy as an Adept, and having Ryder also call himself Adept almost feels like an insult.

His face scar is now easier to explain too. A little engineering accident. He doesn't like to talk about it.

For my inevitable fem-Ryder playthrough, I guess I'll have to go with some kind of an infiltrator or soldier setup.

MSL59.jpg
  • htmhtm Registered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    His face scar is now easier to explain too. A little engineering accident. He doesn't like to talk about it.

And when he says "a little engineering accident", what he really means is, "shaving himself".

Played some multiplayer on bronze.

The sound keeps dropping and during the last match I played, all I could hear was what I assume was background noise in someone's headphones.
    r1sl5jW.jpg?1

Ce9v1BE.jpg?1

Bioware just needs to include a bunch of "sample scenes" in the character creator. Nothing fancy, just a bunch of conversations from different angles in different lighting so you can figure out whether your character is a horrible mutant before hitting the go button.

OMG yes!

God the more I think about the CC the more I hate it.

I hope Bioware updates it in a later patch with the ability to redo your face in game.

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    htm wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

And when he says "a little engineering accident", what he really means is, "shaving himself".

So it's not a good idea to try and invent an electric shaver powered by a micro-singularity so it never has to be recharged?

• LorekLorek Registered User regular
    Anyone else relieved and yet slightly sad that these vault puzzles are sodoku and not Tower of hanoi?

• DerrickDerrick Registered User regular

I'm having fun with it, but real talk these animations and facial expressions are really bad. Half the fun for me comes from the giggles I get just watching it unfold. The best thing is not only are they bad, but half the time they zoom WAY into people's faces so you can't ignore the freak show.

So if that doesn't bother you, then go right ahead.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
    I'm sorry, if you are consistently noticing frequent bad animations then you are looking for problems. I am 30 hours in and I haven't noticed a janky animation, facial or otherwise, since the first 5 hours.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    yo what the fuck is this conversation with Suvi after Eos?
    there's a correct response to your new coworker/employee openly declaring their religion the second time you ever talk to them: it's politely changing the subject in a noncommittal way.
    it's not "yeah, me too"
    and it's definitely not "actually god is fake"
    especially when said new coworker is a cute redhead that maybe you might want to ask out sometime and neither lying to her nor insulting her worldview are particularly endearing

the conversation after that is so fucking adorkable
    I came here specifically to mention that convo. I don't know if it plays out the same for both male and female Ryders, but FemRyder was hysterical.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »
    Anyone else relieved and yet slightly sad that these vault puzzles are sodoku and not Tower of hanoi?

I would have prefered Tower of Hanoi myself. Less clicks to solve.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Lorek wrote: »

Thank god.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

Casual and Emotional dude Ryder is a relentlessly cheerful utter jackass, and I am certain someone will be trying to put me out the airlock.

• Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    I found the first thing I hate in this game: the flickering of the sudoku boards. It took me about ten minutes to solve one of the harder puzzles, and I was wondering why my eyes felt strained afterwards. That really needs to be a static image.

Igpx407 wrote: »
    I found the first thing I hate in this game: the flickering of the sudoku boards. It took me about ten minutes to solve one of the harder puzzles, and I was wondering why my eyes felt strained afterwards. That really needs to be a static image.

... Flickering? They're solid for me..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I actually play Sudoku for fun anyway so I like the little puzzles.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So if you're paying attention, as a bit of a nod, you might notice that the APEX mobile app's loading screen may flash the message "Reticulating Splines" during load screens.

Donnicton on
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I'm sorry, if you are consistently noticing frequent bad animations then you are looking for problems. I am 30 hours in and I haven't noticed a janky animation, facial or otherwise, since the first 5 hours.

Eh

I really like the game and am very happy to play it

But the animations/expressions are definitely a bit jank in general. They didn't hand key the animations to this game - its going to show up everywhere.

Wassermelone on
This discussion has been closed.