As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Guardians, Report in for Pax Arcadia Legacy Run (p. 73)! Sequel revealed!

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    The sword still falls through the floor during the Crota fight. That's some year one nostalgia.

This fight has more glitches than year one. It's ridiculous.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So Crota? Anything that helps you has been removed and all glitches are still here with more added.

Cant use Red Death anymore
    Cant use the ledge
    Cant use heavy ammo glitch

Sword glitch is still intact, disappears whenever it feels like it.
    Random disconnects, still intact.
    Invisibility randomly doesnt feel like having any effect and people get instakilled then.
    New weird bugs, also here.

How the fuck did they manage to make Crota even buggier?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Watched people kill Ir Yut, with 2 seconds to spare. Get loot. Huzzah! Then they all keel over dead.

Uh.

• Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Spent about 3 hours on Crota but couldn't down him. Got him super close a couple of times, but the group just couldn't seem to get more than two sword swings in reliably. We couldn't do enough damage.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Okay. So the Husk for the new Necrochasm? Stupidly easy to get. Just do ANYTHING where you kill Ogres. The drop rate from them is like 25% or higher. I ran Omnigul a few times (with a few wipes on her) and got 4 in the last hour. Now I pick which foe I want to go murder and done.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Behold, my favorite new Crota glitch! I managed to pick up the sword without actually equipping it, hence my HUD.

zkZ6ScEl.png

Runner-up: Crouching to go invisible, then disconnecting.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    My thanks to NAT-Burn, plus special guest Element Wrath (and ObiFett, who couldn't be with us but encouraged us on the Twitch stream,) for beating both new Challenges in Crota's End earlier tonight! :o

jbtt66bjytix.jpg

Earned a lot of great loot: Fang of Ir Yut (Adept), Word of Crota (Adept), Song of Ir Yut, plus Warlock gauntlets, chest, bond, and artifact! The last 2 were in the chest at the end of the Thrallway, so make sure you don't miss that one.

PS. Earlier, I wished for and was gifted a Ghost Ghost from the Treasure of Ages box I got from doing the Weekly Story mission with @awsimo and @Meta Lise :)

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Just a heads up for anyone that missed it earlier:
    https://www.the100.io/game/919765

We have 4 signups for CE tomorrow on PS4! Come join us in the Age of Triump!

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    It was 860'ish mb for me.

took like a minute and some change :rotate:

Also a new ghost apparently tells you who Dredgen Yor is.

Huh

How bah dah

Not who was expected

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So uh
    I haven't raided since before WotM Hard Mode was out

Are there any people left on Xbone who aren't in a raid team? Cuz I gotta get in on this raid action.

EDIT: Oh, and 41%/rank 3 on the book after logging in my 3 characters. All the time played ones, but only the exotic armor collection D:

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Are there any people left on Xbone who aren't in a raid team? Cuz I gotta get in on this raid action.
    I'm not.

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Why did my husk have to require wizard kills.

It's done. Walking back and forth shooting wizards in the back on the Dreadnaught is simple and effective, but boring as hell.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Brogey wrote: »
    My thanks to NAT-Burn, plus special guest Element Wrath (and ObiFett, who couldn't be with us but encouraged us on the Twitch stream,) for beating both new Challenges in Crota's End earlier tonight! :o

jbtt66bjytix.jpg

Earned a lot of great loot: Fang of Ir Yut (Adept), Word of Crota (Adept), Song of Ir Yut, plus Warlock gauntlets, chest, bond, and artifact! The last 2 were in the chest at the end of the Thrallway, so make sure you don't miss that one.

PS. Earlier, I wished for and was gifted a Ghost Ghost from the Treasure of Ages box I got from doing the Weekly Story mission with @awsimo and @Meta Lise :)

It was fun to watch you guys crush this raid. And I mean you guys crushed it. One shotted Abyss, Bridge, and Thrallway. Only took a few attempts on Deathsinger (could have done it much earlier if someone had made assignments). And taking out Crota in two swords was amazing. Gravi did like 60-70% damage in just the first cycle, as a warlock.

Sad that I couldn't be there (stupid work making me stay in Philly) but I am really looking forward to Thursday.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I'm not.

I'm a professional sub on a team but I could be on another if we can find the right time.

Also was anyone else in the Crucible last night? I could not get my hand cannon shots to land, it hasn't been this bad for me in a while, and I probably just had a bad night but I figured it was worth asking if anyone else did.

• Options
    Can someone give me some advice on the Crota phase of the Raid? We could not get him down before enrage. None of us were dying or playing poorly, I just don't think we understood how to get the most damage in.

Here's how it was going. Drop his shields, get two swords swings in the great majority of the time, RARELY get in 3. Then wait for another swordbearer.

Are you guys dropping shields, doing damage, then dropping shields immediately again while the Oversoul is up? Or just waiting for another swordbearer?

Also we F'd up the challenge on the screaming lady because one guy didn't understand and went ahead and killed her. :x

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Is there a recording anywhere of Natburn's Crota run from last night?

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Is there a recording anywhere of Natburn's Crota run from last night?

Gravi is our NATBurn Grimoire Creator/Keeper

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Can someone give me some advice on the Crota phase of the Raid? We could not get him down before enrage. None of us were dying or playing poorly, I just don't think we understood how to get the most damage in.

Here's how it was going. Drop his shields, get two swords swings in the great majority of the time, RARELY get in 3. Then wait for another swordbearer.

Are you guys dropping shields, doing damage, then dropping shields immediately again while the Oversoul is up? Or just waiting for another swordbearer?

Also we F'd up the challenge on the screaming lady because one guy didn't understand and went ahead and killed her. :x

Normal Cycle - Drop Shields, do damage, swordrunner retreats, 3 guardians focus oversoul, 2 guardians drop shields again, swordrunner does damage again. edit: Enrage Cycle - Drop Shields, do damage, enrage, swordrunner retreats, ignore oversoul, 5 guardians drop shields, swordrunner kills Crota

So 2 kneels per sword. I think Gravi got six swings in each time and he was a warlock, so with good timing it should be 5-6 swings per sword regardless of class.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    After the first kneel, when he stands back up, is there a small window of time when he's invuln? We tried to do it the way you guys did but were having trouble reliably dropping shields the second time. Honestly, if Reddit is correct and Celestial Nighthawk can one shot the oversoul with the right perks, I'll try that tonight and just let everyone else focus on dropping his shields.

• Options
    After the first kneel, when he stands back up, is there a small window of time when he's invuln? We tried to do it the way you guys did but were having trouble reliably dropping shields the second time. Honestly, if Reddit is correct and Celestial Nighthawk can one shot the oversoul with the right perks, I'll try that tonight and just let everyone else focus on dropping his shields.

There is a small window where he is invulnerable. You gotta do basically a 3 count after he stands and then start firing rockets and shooting primary. I recommend not using snipers and assign someone to use a primary because his shields come back so fast unless he is taking sustained damage.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited March 2017

Prior to NATBurn we had an early Motorboat Kitten run, and we also had a lot of problems and weren't able to down Crota. A lot of it was just pure Crota glitchiness (see Arteen's sword-but-no-sword post above), but another big problem was that both the DPS team and the Swordbear were taking a lot of flak from Boomers. As the only Hunter, I was trying to pop invis smoke for whoever had the Sword, but it just wasn't working out. I heard later from the NATBurn crew that they were just taking out the Boomers and Wizards, and they had enough time to do the damage phase before the Boomers respawned.

As for Crota himself, we did get into a good rhythm of taking down his shields a second time before the Oversoul appeared. I was using Super Good Advice to conserve ammo and it did really well. I just started firing a moment or so before Crota's shield returned, then panned up to the Oversoul. It's definitely doable if you get the timing right. You actually don't get a second Oversoul after the second kneel, which is nice.

awsimo on
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ObiFett wrote: »

Normal Cycle - Drop Shields, do damage, swordrunner retreats, 3 guardians focus oversoul, 2 guardians drop shields again, swordrunner does damage again. edit: Enrage Cycle - Drop Shields, do damage, enrage, swordrunner retreats, ignore oversoul, 5 guardians drop shields, swordrunner kills Crota

So 2 kneels per sword. I think Gravi got six swings in each time and he was a warlock, so with good timing it should be 5-6 swings per sword regardless of class.

So, what I've heard in videos I've watched, (since I'm not raiding until tomorrow) Crota's Enrage triggers at 12 R2 hits, so if your second swordbearer only takes the total hit count up to 11, you can pretty much bypass his enrage since it won't trigger until your third swordbearer, who kills Crota. Does anyone here know if that is accurate? It seems like a way to make the encounter a bit easier.

AspectVoid on
    PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

So, what I've heard in videos I've watched, (since I'm not raiding until tomorrow) Crota's Enrage triggers at 12 R2 hits, so if your second swordbearer only takes the total hit count up to 11, you can pretty much bypass his enrage since it won't trigger until your third swordbearer, who kills Crota.

I don't think you can bypass enrage.

Once you hit that xth R2, he goes invulnerable, stands up, and enrages.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully I can knock it out this evening. I really don't like raiding during the weekdays; after work and then the gym and then 3 hours of Crota I was almost falling asleep in my chair.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Some craziness I'm seeing over on reddit:

390 Crota killed with one Sword
    Solo NEW 390 Crota!
    Solo 390 Crota's End - Full Raid

It hasn't even been 24 hours!

RE: Crota - we didn't do it this way (we split the team up between re-downing Crota and focusing Oversoul), but I saw this posted in a comments thread
    "Biggest thing we noticed was that you do not need to worry about the first oversoul that pops, just go right back to downing crota for a 2nd sword run. After he is downed the 2nd time, lay into the oversoul with rockets and sniper rounds"
    Also if you have a Hunter to spare, 400 Golden Gun + Nighthawk + Over the Horizon + Deadeye can one-shot the Oversoul, but I saw some people cautioning against this method since he can sometimes spawn another Oversoul after kneeling the 2nd time if you kill the first one too quickly.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if Archon's Forge and/or Court of Oryx count towards the Public Events node in the record book? Seems like those would be the easiest ways to get it done.

(plus I have a big wad of Runes and Offerings, might as well use 'em if I can)

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    That single sword Crota kill is one of the most impressive pieces of Sword Wizardry I've seen.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    skyknyt wrote: »
    That single sword Crota kill is one of the most impressive pieces of Sword Wizardry I've seen.

Sword Wizards? DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS

Seriously though, I didn't realize a third kneel was even possible.

What is the ideal sword combo to use? It looked like that guy was doing fast-fast-heavy, then heavy-heavy-heavy.

awsimo on
  • Options
    I did not know that three kneels was even possible.

That's crazy

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I just remembered I used (Sonic &) Knuckles before Crota but we didn't actually down him. I wonder if the buff is still active.

AuburnTiger on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Crota tips:

Crota glows when he first stands up to show he is invulnerable (orange, I think?)
    Your super is a near instant smash that you can cancel into for that last juicy hit in a kneel

• Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Archon's Forge and/or Court of Oryx count towards the Public Events node in the record book? Seems like those would be the easiest ways to get it done.

(plus I have a big wad of Runes and Offerings, might as well use 'em if I can)

Archon's forge does, I think coo does too.

Also you can do two birds, one stone if you are doing that at the same time as the age of triumph quest.

• Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Crota tips:

Crota glows when he first stands up to show he is invulnerable (orange, I think?)
    Your super is a near instant smash that you can cancel into for that last juicy hit in a kneel

Also, if you start a normal slam, and "cancel" into the super, you actually get both hits

• Options
    The Age of Triumph book sure is selective in what it keeps track of. It has no problem showing me I've done almost 300 public events, but has a hard time remembering that I have in fact reached Rank 5 in Iron Banner, done Trials Bounties, etc.

• Options
    I'll type up more detailed thoughts later, but (glitches aside) the new Crota encounter is way better designed. It's still the same encounter as before, but with a few small, smart tweaks.

To this day I honestly don't know how Bungie actually intended us to play the old hard mode encounter. The new version has a cohesive vision.

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    So, in addition to that amazing roll on the Keystone that Dead Orbit is selling right now, you are also in luck if you have a Tuonela order from the Gunsmith.

It's the same archetype as the old Hung Jury minus the dead orbit paint job, and this week has:

Torch scope
    Triple Tap
    Extended Mag
    Firefly

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Age of Triumph book sure is selective in what it keeps track of. It has no problem showing me I've done almost 300 public events, but has a hard time remembering that I have in fact reached Rank 5 in Iron Banner, done Trials Bounties, etc.

I assume it's to get more bodies back in those modes as Trials in particular is at an All Time Low

• Options

Yeah, I was kinda hoping I wouldn't have to do small chores like Public Events, since those are already tracked in my Grimoire. But then again it is a nostalgia expansion, and menial tasks are a celebrated part of Destiny tradition.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You guys are probably already aware but in case and without overt spoilers, if you're going to do the raid this week then you might want to think about starting the new Nechrochasm quest first.

• Options
    Something I appreciate is that they added text cues for the challenge modes, so you know for certain whether you failed or succeeded at a certain part. I hope they add that feature into KF and WotM.

This discussion has been closed.