As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Guardians, Report in for Pax Arcadia Legacy Run (p. 73)! Sequel revealed!

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    The Vault and CE armor looks absolutely insane.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    No word on whether we'll need to re-acquire King's Fall and Wrath of the Machine armor for the new ornaments.

• Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Did they mention new PoE gear? :P

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    Brogey wrote: »
    Did they mention new PoE gear? :P

PoE wasn't mentioned at all on the stream.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Also no mention of Pocket Infinity.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    Are they going to increase the Vault space? Because I already have no room and it sounds like I want all this new stuff, so... :(

no increase to Vault space, but i think there's been mention of new/extra kiosks for the new gear, cosmetic items and other collectables. you wont be able to horde everything, but you should still have access to everything that you obtain.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I want them to let Legendary Engrams decrypt up to 400 so it's super easy to swap in some of this new stuff. I guess it will mostly be dropping at 400, but still.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So Warlocks CE set is basically the Witch King of Angmar goes to a Rave party?

Thats quite all right.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    People that camp in PvP should die cold and alone.
    Just to continue this thread, this is not really a player problem, this is a design problem. PvP mode design should not promote this kind of conservative behavior. Elimination/skirmish/clash modes, with their lack of external objectives, favor this gameplay and reward you for it. You can blame players for taking advantage of the most successful strategy, but really the fault here lies with the lazy developers who promote these modes. Even counterstrike, a game I'm not a fan of, is smart enough to provide an alternative victory objective (the bomb). Special/heavy ammo crates are supposed to provide this incentive, but when sitting in spawns charging supers, but the lost-special-ammo-on-death just promotes camping (and not dying) even more for those not using side-arms. Often they just make it even worse because a team will simply set up shop around a key ammo area.

The solution is to simply not play those game modes that support it. My favorite modes are control and supremacy because they force you to contest an outside objective to succeed. If you sit there in a long hallway with a sniper in supremacy you're going to get kills, sure, but you're not going to get any points. Forcing players to to something beyond simply successfully killing another player encourages varied gameplay, which is just more fun. I fucking hate sitting around waiting for someone to walk into my line of site. I don't give a shit if my team loses, I will run and find someone to fight with because I don't want to spend 10 minutes crouched in a hallway or a corner hoping someone will come at me for some points. I want to have a fun battle!

So you aren't wrong, it's really poor map design, but it's still aggravating. Why you'd play a game like Destiny and want to sit in a corner with a gun for an entire PvP match is completely beyond me.

I do kind of love the special ammo change, I don't know how anyone else feels about it and I guess it probably doesn't fix Trials?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    They need to retool special ammo or just all ammo for Destiny 2. IMO you should always spawn with a fews shots in a shotty or sniper, but the only way to acquire more in that life would be by killing enemies and collecting maybe a shot or two at a time from the enemy's body. This encourages people to move about to fight enemies and not sit back sniping or corner camping.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    Are they going to increase the Vault space? Because I already have no room and it sounds like I want all this new stuff, so... :(

no increase to Vault space, but i think there's been mention of new/extra kiosks for the new gear, cosmetic items and other collectables. you wont be able to horde everything, but you should still have access to everything that you obtain.

Has there been mention of this? Because unless it was in todays stream, I don't think there has, other than requests and hope.

EDIT: If it is true as people are mentioning here and reddit, that the base versions of the Y3 armors from the raids look like their Y1 counterparts, I might as well just delete all that old armor.

Not until the patch and it is 100000000% verified, of course; but yeah.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Mmm. That Crota Armor is looking nice. I'm kinda happy that's the first featured Raid. I hope to do it a lot when it drops. It will be my first Crota too.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    Vendor weapons are going to reset weekly, confirmed via Twitters, now the hundred+ legendary marks per week makes sense.

• Options
    Mmm. That Crota Armor is looking nice. I'm kinda happy that's the first featured Raid. I hope to do it a lot when it drops. It will be my first Crota too.

So the special armor/weapons only drop on the featured weeks or something? Challenge or whatnot?

People have already had certain things they've chased for two years, with no luck; it will be super fun for bad luck hombres to not only have bad luck, but to have that bad luck be once a month instead of weekly so it stings that much worse when you get the same thing for 6 months straight. :rotate:

• Options
    Pretty sure they said that the ornaments and exotic "adept" versions will drop from the challenges, the armor and legendary versions of the weapons will drop from the top light level versions of the raids and you can pick those from the director when you launch the raid. I have to assume that the drop rates for all of the new activities will be relatively generous, I mean they keep saying as much in the streams.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Vendor weapons are going to reset weekly, confirmed via Twitters, now the hundred+ legendary marks per week makes sense.
    If you're doing daily public events you can get over 100 in two days, really.

cB557 on
  • Options
    oh my god vendor weapon resets means I might actually manage to get a First Citizen with extended mag/perfect balance/counterbalance

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

It's not just weapons.

• Options
    Oh thank goodness. They should have done this at launch.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I can see the reason for not doing it, though. It gives every player a base of Okay Gear and Decent Weapons that people can guide them into buying depending on playstyle and goals.

How many people bought the vendor Hung Jury because it was a solid weapon to start raiding with? I mean it became synonymous with raiding weapons.

If it rerolled every week, it would have been much harder to get new players onto the same page.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    But also, I've wasted thousands of marks because I'm always maxed and have nothing to spend them on. Either make marks a currency I can use, make the vendor gear interesting regularly, or expand the cap.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Being able to reroll gear for 100 marks would be really, really nice tbh.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    But also, I've wasted thousands of marks because I'm always maxed and have nothing to spend them on.
    Engrams?

• Options
    Pocket Infinity will not return.

It's a shame that Destiny 1 will never be a "complete" game. There's a fair amount of cool year one content that won't ever return.

• Options
    cB557cB557
    uninstalls destiny

voOOP Registered User regular
    uninstalls destiny

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Hey @Arteen, you know how you've been holding onto a bunch of Cruxes? Looks like that was a wise move....

[Reddit] CONFIRMED: New Quest for Necrochasm

Also, RIP Pocket Infinity. :(

EDIT: Well Reddit is just asploding with all of these Josh Hamrick tweets.

King's Fall Adept Exotics will have hand-selected rolls. I can't tell from the tweets if it's just the Exotics, or the Legendaries too.
    Astrocyte Verse is getting a buff. I guess that's a good thing since I can't even remember what AV does aside from "look totally rad."

awsimo on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    http://www.leganetwork.it/2017/03/23/rumor-svelata-locandina-di-destiny-2/

edit: second leak, must be legit http://imgur.com/a/pwVPm

edit 2: top right of the poster says "Content exclusive to Playstation", so thats gonna still be a thing.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Nobody at my office has requested time off in September...

I wonder if we'll get an official announcement from Bungie now that this has been leaked.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    awsimo wrote: »
    Hey @Arteen, you know how you've been holding onto a bunch of Cruxes? Looks like that was a wise move....

King's Fall Adept Exotics will have hand-selected rolls. I can't tell from the tweets if it's just the Exotics, or the Legendaries too.
    Astrocyte Verse is getting a buff. I guess that's a good thing since I can't even remember what AV does aside from "look totally rad."

Are we talking y2 necrochasm? Will my fully leveled Ally be worthless? It has been taking up a bank spot for ages in the vain hope of a Crux drop. I'd really prefer not having to do that all over again as a quest only to be right back at never seeing a Crux.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Interesting they're shown without helmets. My guess is you can toggle them on or off for all activities now, or we'll actually have a speaking character again.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    awsimo wrote: »

Are we talking y2 necrochasm? Will my fully leveled Ally be worthless? It has been taking up a bank spot for ages in the vain hope of a Crux drop. I'd really prefer not having to do that all over again as a quest only to be right back at never seeing a Crux.

There aren't many details yet, but he suggested holding onto any quest items (Crux/Husk/Ally) for now. The Twitter conversation seemed to suggest that drop rates for the new quest would be far more generous (which seems to be the philosophy for AoT in general).

awsimo on
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    September 9th is my bday...

*looks at everyone and nods*

Eh? EH?

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    8th is earlier than i suspected, but i was already pretty sure that we were gonna get a September release. them announcing that we'd get Daybreak strikes every week from mid-July through August pretty much clinched it. don't expect any official word till E3 though.

• Options
    @awsimo

Let the dream die, brother.

nwx0jewrl6vu.jpg

Link to tweet

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    @awsimo

nwx0jewrl6vu.jpg

Link to tweet

i wonder how many Guardians twitched at the mere thought of scrapping that old gear.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    I really should get around to getting Flawless Raider.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Wraith260 wrote: »
    @awsimo

nwx0jewrl6vu.jpg

Link to tweet

i wonder how many Guardians twitched at the mere thought of scrapping that old gear.

I've kept one of every gun and each class's helmet from every raid purely as trophies.

Its actually kind of liberating, knowing I can get rid of them now for updated versions of the same stuff.

I will probably still keep my og raid warlock helms, though, for nostalgia reasons.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    awsimo

nwx0jewrl6vu.jpg

Link to tweet

DEEJ TROLL CONTINUES TO TROLL. D:

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    I really should get around to getting Flawless Raider.

same here. that's the only achievement from the base game i never got. need to do WotM Hard Mode and play the tune at the Iron Temple as well. would love to finish those off before the sequel hits.

This discussion has been closed.