As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Rocksmith] Rocksmith Plus more money

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Gg&ht is a great song probably beyond my skills.

50433.png?1708759015
  • JOE_1967JOE_1967 Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Gg&ht is a great song probably beyond my skills.

You're not the only one.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Hmm I wonder how difficult ggnht really is. I used to put that and freebird on the jukebox back to back, live version if they had them, at the bar. There was a good 20-30 minutes of me taking over the music with 2 songs.

RickRude wrote: »
    Hmm I wonder how difficult ggnht really is. I used to put that and freebird on the jukebox back to back, live version if they had them, at the bar. There was a good 20-30 minutes of me taking over the music with 2 songs.

When I was a DJ on the college radio station, I used to love long songs -- Stevie Ray Vaughan's cover of Voodoo Child was my go-to.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    JOE_1967 wrote: »

I saw that video(I assume it’s the same) on Facebook yesterday. Dave Grohl is awesome.

50433.png?1708759015
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    JOE_1967 wrote: »

I saw that video(I assume it’s the same) on Facebook yesterday. Dave Grohl is awesome.

I never expected to be jealous of a 10 year old.

• an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    The DLC for October 16th, 2018 is Brad Paisley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdbEoU14G8

“Mud On The Tires” – E Standard – Lead/Bass; Rhythm – Capo Required: E Standard
    “Ticks” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley feat. Alison Krauss – E Standard – Lead/Alt Rhythm/Bass; Drop D - Rhythm
    Brad Douglas Paisley (born October 28, 1972) is an American singer and songwriter. Starting with his 1999 debut album, Who Needs Pictures, he has released ten studio albums and a Christmas compilation on the Arista Nashville label, with all of his albums certified Gold or higher by the RIAA. He has scored 32 top 10 singles on the US Billboard Country Airplay chart, 19 of which have reached number 1. He set a new record in 2009 for most consecutive singles (ten) reaching the top spot on that chart.

A couple of those tracks look fun to play, but I'm not a big fan of the music. Hope a few of you enjoy it.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    an_alt wrote: »
    The DLC for October 16th, 2018 is Brad Paisley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KdbEoU14G8

“Mud On The Tires” – E Standard – Lead/Bass; Rhythm – Capo Required: E Standard
    “Ticks” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Whiskey Lullaby” by Brad Paisley feat. Alison Krauss – E Standard – Lead/Alt Rhythm/Bass; Drop D - Rhythm
    Brad Douglas Paisley (born October 28, 1972) is an American singer and songwriter. Starting with his 1999 debut album, Who Needs Pictures, he has released ten studio albums and a Christmas compilation on the Arista Nashville label, with all of his albums certified Gold or higher by the RIAA. He has scored 32 top 10 singles on the US Billboard Country Airplay chart, 19 of which have reached number 1. He set a new record in 2009 for most consecutive singles (ten) reaching the top spot on that chart.

A couple of those tracks look fun to play, but I'm not a big fan of the music. Hope a few of you enjoy it.

Yeah, another one where I'd buy the songs if they were part of a variety pack or something, but won't pick them up for their own sake.

I keep hoping for Dire Straits and/or the Eagles -- give me Sultans of Swing and Hotel California, please.

• AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Yeah some Eagles would be good. Tequila Sunrise was the first song my dad taught me when I first picked up his guitar.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
    Also (having just finished listening to Caution Horses) I'd love some old Cowboy Junkies. And, while I'm wishing, some old Neil Young (anything up to & including Freedom).

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Looks like we're getting another 80s mix pack this week, including Poison's "Fallen Angel". I had completely forgotten about that song, but just reading the title made it flood back 30 years later. I'll definitely be getting it, at least. I crave more 80's glam metal. It's so fun to play.

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Looks like we'll also get A-ha "Take On Me". Not sure how that one will play on guitar.

Looks like we'll also get A-ha "Take On Me". Not sure how that one will play on guitar.

Yeah, the original I hear under the video, at least, doesn't seem to have a lot of guitar. But I'll buy it regardless.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Yeah some Eagles would be good. Tequila Sunrise was the first song my dad taught me when I first picked up his guitar.

What is weird about YouTube is the Eagles really do pay to keep their songs off it for some reason.

• EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

What is weird about YouTube is the Eagles really do pay to keep their songs off it for some reason.

That's kind of them, a real service to the community.
    :P

It's because they're old and they don't understand the kids with their boobtubes and snapgrams.

The DLC for October 23rd, 2018 is 80s Mix VI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hwgni4szU

“Take On Me” by a-ha – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Keep Your Hands To Yourself” by Georgia Satellites – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Fallen Angel” by Poison – Eb Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

I do have a soft spot for the 80s, but I'm not sure about this one. Might have to put it on the follow list and revisit on the next sale. Those are some decent songs.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    So "Take On Me" is about like I thought, basically playing the keyboard parts on guitar. I couldn't even really make out the notes while watching the note highway, so I'll probably pass on that one. The bass looked fun, though.

"Keep Your Hands To Yourself" looks like a lot of fun, so I'll probably get that one soon. I still remember being about 6 or 7 and going with my dad to watch his band practice, and I remember them playing that song, so there's some sentimental attachment, too.

"Fallen Angel" of course looks awesome, so I'll definitely pick that up now, even though it's Eb. I've had it stuck in my head for days now, even though I probably haven't heard it in 30 years.

This got a chuckle from me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HElfJ_UL1s

Looks like this week we're, fittingly, getting Ghost. I believe the following songs have been confirmed (which are the 2 I wanted most from them):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOrXKiSy8ZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMCvUq4mu0

Definitely getting these!

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    That's pretty cool. Pretty sure these are in D standard tuning as a heads up. I would have thought something from the new album would have been in there as well.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That ukulele video requires payment to watch? When did Youtube start doing that?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    That ukulele video requires payment to watch? When did Youtube start doing that?

No? It shouldn't. It didn't for me, anyway.

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2018

It's because they're old and they don't understand the kids with their boobtubes and snapgrams.

Nah, age has nothing to do with it. Henley and Frey were douches from the start. After Walsh joined the Eagles both of them had no problem keeping him loaded and strung out, because he was a non confrontational guy and when he wasn't sober they could easily cow him into following their lead on band decisions, always ensuring them of a majority and fucking their lead guitarists and bassists over.

Personal favorite example is the song Victim of Love. After the success of Hotel California, Henley agreed to let Don Felder sing lead vocals on one track on the next album (Felder was easily the worst singer in the band, but was far from tone deaf or William Hung, but definitely not in Henley or Frey's class), and that song was Victim of Love. After working for over a week and a dozen takes they had a Felder vocal they were happy with, at least that's what they said. Instead their manager took Don out to dinner and got him drunk, while Henley and the producer redid the vocals completely. And no one told Don this till right before the album released.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah the Eagles are definitely one of those bands I enjoyed a lot more before I actually knew things about them.

Was looking through the OP, and why is it so bare bones? Wasn't the last one full of guides on this game and on playing guitar in general?

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Was looking through the OP, and why is it so bare bones? Wasn't the last one full of guides on this game and on playing guitar in general?

The person who used to run the thread got banned at some point

Did you look at the second post? There's some info there.

The DLC for October 30th, 2018 is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w67o-6WyGM

“Cirice” – D Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “He Is” – D Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Ritual” – D Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Year Zero” by Ghost B.C. – D Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Ghost is a Swedish rock band that was formed in Linköping, Sweden in 2006. In 2010, they released a 3-track demo followed by a 7" vinyl titled "Elizabeth", and later their debut full-length album Opus Eponymous. The Grammis-nominated album was widely praised and significantly increased their popularity. Their second album and major label debut Infestissumam was released in 2013, debuted at number one in Sweden, and won the Grammis Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Album. The band released their third studio album, Meliora, in 2015, to much critical acclaim and high record sales, reaching number one in their home country of Sweden, and number eight in the United States. Its lead single, "Cirice", earned them the 2016 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance. The band released their fourth studio album, Prequelle, in 2018.

I'm not very familiar with the band, but they have a decent sound. Some of the licks sound more impressive than the note tracker shows which is interesting. Not huge on the D standard though.

Pony wrote:

Someone asked the mods to lock the old Rocksmith thread because the OP was banned with the plan to start another. When nobody started a new thread, I eventually whipped up a new one so we'd have a place to talk about the weekly DLC. It's really just laziness, but if anyone has suggestions or additions for the OP/2nd post I'd be happy to make changes.

Pony wrote:
    The DLC for October 30th, 2018 is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w67o-6WyGM

“Cirice” – D Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “He Is” – D Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Ritual” – D Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Year Zero” by Ghost B.C. – D Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Ghost is a Swedish rock band that was formed in Linköping, Sweden in 2006. In 2010, they released a 3-track demo followed by a 7" vinyl titled "Elizabeth", and later their debut full-length album Opus Eponymous. The Grammis-nominated album was widely praised and significantly increased their popularity. Their second album and major label debut Infestissumam was released in 2013, debuted at number one in Sweden, and won the Grammis Award for Best Hard Rock/Metal Album. The band released their third studio album, Meliora, in 2015, to much critical acclaim and high record sales, reaching number one in their home country of Sweden, and number eight in the United States. Its lead single, "Cirice", earned them the 2016 Grammy Award for Best Metal Performance. The band released their fourth studio album, Prequelle, in 2018.

I'm not very familiar with the band, but they have a decent sound. Some of the licks sound more impressive than the note tracker shows which is interesting. Not huge on the D standard though.

D standard, and musically not my cup o' tea, but that's fine -- I need an occasional week when I don't pony for the DLC, and I'm sure plenty of other folks will be very happy with it.

Someone asked the mods to lock the old Rocksmith thread because the OP was banned with the plan to start another. When nobody started a new thread, I eventually whipped up a new one so we'd have a place to talk about the weekly DLC. It's really just laziness, but if anyone has suggestions or additions for the OP/2nd post I'd be happy to make changes.

Oh I realize that. Was wondering why you didn't just copy some of the old op over :)

edited October 2018
    I just played through "Cirice" a couple of times and wow. It's a ton of fun. It was kind of tricky at first because it throws a lot of changes at you, but I would basically learn the first part, then start the song over and play it until I got to another part, which I would learn, then start the song over and repeat. Overall it's not too hard, but it feels good to play. The main riffs are good chug rock, where you can focus more on your headbanging than your playing (the verse is literally like 5 different notes that you play in a certain pattern, where you're mostly chugging on the open E). The solo is fairly simple without any really fast runs (and a nice little bluesy part that goes into a cool muted scale). There are just some bends in what felt like strange places to me. It took me a bit to get it (mostly) down, but just hearing it over and over made that a bit easier since it's really just getting the notes down in my head.

Overall, A+, would hail Satan again.

Sir Carcass on
    I have a suggestion for future DLC …

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlrcNtH5pu8

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I can fret and legato as fast as Roy going full tilt, but my right hand would be wholly inadequate. He is the Paul Gilbert of banjo and chickin' pickin'.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    And having seen Bohemian Rhapsody in the theater last night, I'm pretty sure I know what I'll be playing next time I boot up the game ...

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Been playing a lot of Red Dead 2 and would love to see some spaghetti western music. I was watching a documentary on Ennio Morricone and was surprised how much it has in common with surf rock, a genre I'm also a huge fan of.

The DLC for November 6th, 2018 is Queen Song Pack II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmXKPPyUFIk

“We Will Rock You” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Tie Your Mother Down” – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Love Of My Life” – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Don’t Stop Me Now” – E Standard – Lead/Alt Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    Queen are a British rock band that formed in London in 1970. Their classic line-up was Freddie Mercury (lead vocals, piano), Brian May (lead guitar, vocals), Roger Taylor (drums, vocals), and John Deacon (bass guitar). Queen's earliest works were influenced by progressive rock, hard rock and heavy metal, but the band gradually ventured into more conventional and radio-friendly works by incorporating further styles, such as arena rock and pop rock, into their music.

This is a day one purchase for me. I mean I like Queen, but my SO is a superfan so it's pretty much required. Actually went to Bohemian Rhapsody on opening night and a Queen costume for Halloween this year.

A few easier tracks in this one, though Brian May tends to play in the middle of the guitar (9th-12th frets, inside strings) a fair bit which slows me down more than it should.

Pony wrote:
    Did they chart the vocals to guitar for "We Will Rock You"?