As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat] and Desist

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Guns & Roses: Civil War (the 1991 single from Use Your Illusion)
    Oh dear.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    So I think I've really pinpointed why DC keeps seaming disjointed and keeps shitting the bed, while Marvel isn't.

It's a command and control issue.

Marvel overlays their storylines and does some fucken planning. DC seams to just be one movie at a time, instead of long term planning.

Ultron, Civil War, Iron Man 3 and Doctor Strange all did this tho

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    Man, I love technological leaps like these. So efficient!

it's a lot of dancing to get to the point, viz.,:

bXlR4ah.jpg
    I like the riot dancers.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Captain America: Civil War (the 2016 feature film)
    Tav wrote: »
    So I think I've really pinpointed why DC keeps seaming disjointed and keeps shitting the bed, while Marvel isn't.

It's a command and control issue.

Marvel overlays their storylines and does some fucken planning. DC seams to just be one movie at a time, instead of long term planning.

Ultron, Civil War, Iron Man 3 and Doctor Strange all did this tho

Ultron civil war and iron man 3 seemed to keep continuity. Compare that to Superman, batman, batman and superman. It's pretty obvious which side has the better organization. I can't speak to dr strange I have not seen it.

zepherin on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Both of those are examples of heavy metal poisoning.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Geth, I just farted for a solid 8 seconds at the urinal. Is that socially acceptable?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 (because if there's anything better than punching fascists, it's George Orwell punching fascists)
    milski wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Hot take I want hot takeout

Hot take I enjoy hot makeouts

Hot bake I enjoint hot tokeouts

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Other things I've learned this afternoon

1) if someone asks you if you're busy, broaden your definition of "busy" to include "not busy, but not in a good headspace to talk"

2) you don't need to be worried about you not feeling like yourself anymore on psych meds. What you won't anticipate, and should be worried about, is other people telling you you're not yourself.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    The Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 (because if there's anything better than punching fascists, it's George Orwell punching fascists)
    7239QJM.jpg
    8yiuvyy.jpg

there's definitely a certain hilarity to the colonial khaki shorts

very boy scoutish

i remember reading a comment by a former policeman who complained that the rattan shields were completely pointless. the molotov cocktail had already been invented and were known to the student rioters, but british riot control tech had not quite kept up

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    ah, the ol' "these other people have it worse"

a classic

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have hired a talking ocelot to write for my newspaper.
    Just one problem...

The ocelot sits at its desk, daring the typewriter to make a move. Perhaps you can find a junior reporter to pitch in with the typing before things turn nasty.
    If a typewriter gets out of hand you can always kill it with insecticide

N6MRJSZ.jpg?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sL102pyaLg

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    That edible gold has been a sort of goal for me, but it has to be eaten incidentally and off the cuff, and not premeditated

I tell you these things because I trust you won't make fun of me years later for this throwaway remark

Eddy on
  • Options
    wandering wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I have hired a talking ocelot to write for my newspaper.
    Just one problem...

The ocelot sits at its desk, daring the typewriter to make a move. Perhaps you can find a junior reporter to pitch in with the typing before things turn nasty.
    If a typewriter gets out of hand you can always kill it with insecticide

N6MRJSZ.jpg?1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sL102pyaLg

That is the sole thing I think of when naked lunch is referenced

I can't even read the surname mailer without my thoughts eventually turning to that Simpsons gag

• Options
    Eddy wrote: »
    That edible gold has been a sort of goal for me, but it has to be eaten incidentally and off the cuff, and not premeditated

I tell you these things because I trust you won't make fun of me years later for this throwaway remark
    This will literally be Eddy

hqdefault.jpg

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    @Elldren

• Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Naked Lunch the movie has little to do with the book, from what I understand (never read or saw either)

• Options

hqdefault.jpg

Three days later:

gqjy8l2liykx.jpg

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

hqdefault.jpg

Three days later:

gqjy8l2liykx.jpg

Binding of Isaac

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I will say i loathe the Macbooks new keyboards

teh old ones were good why change it!

Ok I'm back to throw more fuel on this fire, what the fuck Apple for real, how it feels to type is KEY to a KEYBOARD

Also while I was typing in the store it sounded like a stampede of FKIN wildebeests. What if I'm tryna take notes in a seminar or something and it sounds like I'm killing Mufasa?? So embarrassing. How DARE YOU DO THIS APPLE

so my actual experience with this keyboard over the past 6 months or so.

I hated it at first, its super loud and clicky, feels shallow, etc.

After a couple weeks i realized the reason I was hitting the keys so hard is because I used to have to to guarantee it registered unless I was dead-center, so most people touch pretty hard on the keyboards.

Now, all other keyboards feel squishy and weird to me - I adjust fast enough when I switch between keyboards but I now prefer the new mechanism they have going on.

But know that even I, a fairly hardened fanboy, had the same issues at first, but Apple isn't wrong for what they did. It just really, REALLY makes a bad first impression, much like scroll direction did.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    97zLApul.png

working on Pinecone's birthday present..

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    hey nerds

whats the easiest way to learn more about image editing other than basic cropping and adjusting the saturation and beginning shit?

i downloaded gimp in the past since it was free and highly rated but i didnt have the patience to try to figure it out at the time, it seemed unintuitive even for doing easy stuff and i had no idea how to use it even though i'm usually very good with figuring out programs on my own.

recently i've had a need to do more photo editing and actually had the motivation to learn more about it so i'm reinstalling gimp and giving it another shot. any good sources for learning?

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    hey nerds

whats the easiest way to learn more about image editing other than basic cropping and adjusting the saturation and beginning shit?

i downloaded gimp in the past since it was free and highly rated but i didnt have the patience to try to figure it out at the time, it seemed unintuitive even for doing easy stuff and i had no idea how to use it even though i'm usually very good with figuring out programs on my own.

recently i've had a need to do more photo editing and actually had the motivation to learn more about it so i'm reinstalling gimp and giving it another shot. any good sources for learning?

For basic photo editing and color adjustments, using GIMP might be like calling the fire department to put out a match. I don't have a better recommendation handy, but maybe start with something a bit simpler so that you're not fighting the interface as well as what you're trying to do with it.

Also GIMP sucks*.

*Because I hate the interface

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    hey nerds

For basic photo editing and color adjustments, using GIMP might be like calling the fire department to put out a match. I don't have a better recommendation handy, but maybe start with something a bit simpler so that you're not fighting the interface as well as what you're trying to do with it.

Also GIMP sucks*.

well i want to learn to do more than that, thats what i'm saying

• Options
    jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    -you created me, your power did

-and you're. . .British?

-like I said, I'm your rational mind

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    hey nerds

what kind of editing?

Also, the gimp's interface is hot garbage and it always will be. Adobe offers photoshop, lightroom and a portfolio website for 10 bucks/month, which is a pretty great deal considering.

Also, you will find tutorials for everything you want to do in photoshop, less so for gimp.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    hey nerds

Also GIMP sucks*.

well i want to learn to do more than that, thats what i'm saying

Oh yeah sorry I misread your comment.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    I am in trouble. 8 beers and a plate of fried pickles. Laundry. Birthday party in 4 hours. Shit.

• Options
    ok well just wondered if anyone knew any particularly good sources of info. i will just do more research. i know adobe would be preferable but i am a cheap bastard

• Options
    edited March 2017
    I have noticed that, in the David McCullough biography of John Adams, there is a moment in which the biographer briefly changes to the British style of punctuation around quotation marks

Considering the subject matter, one wonders if this reveals monarchist sympathies ..

Eddy on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    I use Paint.net for all of my image editing needs (it's free, and it does everything that I want out of Photoshop with no Adobe bloat). GIMP is pretty good, though. As stated above, the interface isn't very intuitive, but there are things you can do easily in GIMP that takes a few more steps to do in Photoshop.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    I just played a round of splatoon on my switch.

I... I dont think I like this game? ah well. Mario Kart 8 will be fine.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    I use Paint.net for all of my image editing needs (it's free, and it does everything that I want out of Photoshop with no Adobe bloat). GIMP is pretty good, though. As stated above, the interface isn't very intuitive, but there are things you can do easily in GIMP that takes a few more steps to do in Photoshop.

I do the Photographer package from Adobe. $10 + tax per month, no annual obligation. Gives you Lightroom and Photoshop.

Lightroom is a necessity for me at this point. I use that for RAW processing. I only dip into Photoshop for some massive edits, which are rare.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

Hakkes is gonna throw a shitfit.

• Options
  • Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I do the Photographer package from Adobe. $10 + tax per month, no annual obligation. Gives you Lightroom and Photoshop.

Lightroom is a necessity for me at this point. I use that for RAW processing. I only dip into Photoshop for some massive edits, which are rare.

Right, this is the thing I think @ChelleYeah should at least do the free trial on - Lightroom alone opens up a huge world of adjustments and sorting and tagging and whatnot even before you get into photoshop.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Hakkes is gonna throw a shitfit.

It might just be an issue of the default control scheme and no easy way to change it on the testfire.

Oh my god having to reset the camera with a button and do the tilt to aim garbage on a handheld is possibly the worst shooter configuration I have ever used.

If there is some way to make it act like a real dual analog shooter I could enjoy it more I am sure... though I was struggling with the aesthetic also.

Turf war as a concept was fun though, and my team won.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Weighted pull ups are the coolest thing. It's nice to know that I could still do one if I was 30 lbs heavier

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Will someone bring me.food please

This discussion has been closed.