We're going to be adding some advertisements to the forums! If you notice any weirdness around this or spot bad/inappropriate ads, please make a thread in the bugs forum.

OK[Phalla]: PhallaPeopleMeet.Com [GAME OVER]

WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young ManLiving Is HarderRegistered User regular
edited April 2017 in Critical Failures
okcupidapp_zpsz4uob1dq.png

Welcome to OK Phalla, the best online dating app for Phallateers!

You're a Lonely Heart, and you've just joined the internet's hottest game-based dating community. You're looking to get lucky. But beware...there are Trolls out there just waiting to ruin your fun.

This is a Phalla for 25-30 players. Genre tags appropriate for this game: HP-based ~ No Specials

Each day, you'll vote in red for a player to be removed from the game. The player with the most votes will be removed.

Swipe Left, Swipe Right

Each day, you will participate in 4 matches. For each match, you will be paired with another player. For each match, you must choose to either Swipe Left, or Swipe Right.

If both players Swipe Left, nothing happens. This is called a "pass".

If both players Swipe Right, usually nothing happens, although certain powers and abilities may change this. This is called a "match".

If one player Swipes Left and the other Swipes Right, then the player who Swiped Right loses 1 self-esteem. This is called a "rejection".

When a player reaches 0 self-esteem, they are removed from the game. Players start the game with 5 self-esteem, unless they have a special trait that states otherwise.

You may not submit the same order for all 4 matches on a given day, unless you have an ability that states otherwise. That is to say, if you Swipe Left on your first 3 matches, you must Swipe Right on the fourth one.

It is possible to be matched twice with the same player on the same day. In this case, you must submit a separate order for each instance. You may submit the same order for each instance, or different orders.

All orders must be submitted via PM. Feel free to make Proboards for discussion if you like, but I will neither accept orders from them nor respond to clarification questions on them.

SuperLikes

This Phalla has no special roles.

Instead, all players possess a random trait and a random ability in addition to their alignments.

Each player will have exactly 1 ability, which may be activated by spending 1 SuperLike. Players gain a SuperLike when they successfully match with at least 3 of their pairings on a single day and do not lose any self-esteem due to rejection on that day.

The abilities are as follows:
  • Brutal -- Spend 1 SuperLike to remove target player from the game.
  • Insightful -- Spend 1 SuperLike to learn target player's alignment.
  • Comforting -- Spend 1 SuperLike to protect target player from being removed from the game by means other than reaching 0 self-esteem and the vote. This ability also raises that player's self-esteem by 2.
  • Egotistical -- Spend 1 SuperLike to gain 4 self-esteem.

Each ability has an equal random chance of being selected per player. This means that there may not be equal distribution of abilities. All players possess an ability, regardless of their alignment. If you want to use an ability, submit your order via PM, same as submitting your swipes for the day.

Different Strokes

In addition to an ability, each player will possess a passive trait that impacts their gameplay. The traits are as follows:
  • Thick Skin -- You begin the game with 7 self-esteem, instead of 5.
  • Sarcastic -- When you successfully match with a player, they lose 1 self-esteem.
  • Gregarious -- When you successfully match with another Gregarious player, you both gain 1 self-esteem.
  • Charming -- When you successfully match with another player, they gain 1 self-esteem.
  • Thirsty -- You are allowed to swipe right on all your matches, if you so desire.

Each trait has an equal random chance of being selected per player. This means that there may not be equal distribution of traits. All players possess a trait, regardless of their alignment.

Alignments

For this first test game, only two alignments exist: Lonely Hearts and Trolls. The Lonely Heart role PM:
You're a Lonely Heart!

You win the game when all Trolls are eliminated from the game.

Introducing Phallatars

I'm test-running a new system in this game that I'm calling Phallatars. Think of it like collectible hats in Team Fortress 2, or collectible cards in Magic: The Gathering. Essentially, Phallatars are collectible, cosmetic items that have no effect on your in-game abilities, but can be used to represent you graphically in the game. This could come in handy later when I run some games with location-based mechanics, such as dungeon-crawling and distributed information. For this game, when you receive your 4 matches, they'll be accompanied by that player's chosen Phallatar as a "profile pic".

Each player, upon sign-up, will receive a booster pack of 5 Phallatars from this game's set and may choose prior to the end of Day 1 which one they wish to "equip" for this game. In addition, the unlucky player who gets voted out on Day 1 will receive an additional booster pack to soften the blow.

At the end of the game, each player will receive one additional Phallatar for their collection. This Phallatar will be different depending on whether you won or lost.

You may trade Phallatars to other players, either for other Phallatars or for in-game favors, though no such deals will be considered binding with regards to the in-game favor. That is to say, if you trade one away in exchange for the other player agreeing to vig your nemesis, I will not enforce that half of the agreement -- only the Phallatar transfer.

Here's a list of the Phallatars available in this game:
COMMON PHALLATARS
Winking Face EmojiWinking%20Face_zpsm97ujeuq.png
Zipped-Up Face EmojiZipper-Mouth%20Face_zps8wky31mb.png
Tongue EmojiTongue_zpsnkipo6b5.png
Thinking Face EmojiThinking%20Face_zpsuwqd165w.png
Thumbs-Down EmojiThumbs%20Down_zpsljd4yrhv.png
Thumbs-Up EmojiThumbs%20Up_zpsibcv1inq.png
Neutral Face EmojiNeutral%20Face_zpsu5o0jx2d.png
Middle Finger EmojiMiddle%20Finger_zpsyiqmxcc3.png
Lying Face EmojiLying%20Face_zpsbac5itlz.png
Grimacing Face EmojiGrimacing%20Face_zpsz4e5xksm.png
Kitchen Knife EmojiKitchen%20Knife_zpsbrffdd9l.png
Kissing Face EmojiKissing%20Face_zps1btz5khn.png
Grinning Face EmojiGrinning%20Face_zpsn8cwjem2.png
Frowning Face EmojiFrowning%20Face_zpsdtvft9aq.png
Angry Face EmojiAngry%20Face_zpshgln5sqo.png
Flexed Biceps EmojiFlexed%20Biceps_zpsvnchmtnq.png
Face With Stuck-Out Tongue EmojiFace%20With%20Stuck-Out%20Tongue_zps4r5n2bwk.png
Ear of Corn EmojiEar%20of%20Corn_zpslwt2apog.png
Expressionless Face EmojiExpressionless%20Face_zpsjsjba7tz.png
Drooling Face EmojiDrooling%20Face_zpspjegbz1l.png
Dog Face EmojiDog%20Face_zpsrvn5gfot.png
Cucumber EmojiCucumber_zpshv2xt1cb.png
Cat Face EmojiCat%20Face_zpswxnaqgbo.png
Crying Face EmojiCrying%20Face_zpsvpdmlhry.png
Bomb EmojiBomb_zpsx0gv1dha.png
Confused Face EmojiConfused%20Face_zpsvu2dq2cx.png

UNCOMMON PHALLATARS
Wolf Face EmojiWolf%20Face_zpsdlpzhjpd.png
Victory Hand EmojiVictory%20Hand_zpsjfymxijk.png
Vulcan Salute EmojiVulcan%20Salute_zpsm5n7qpar.png
Taco EmojiTaco_zpsftoteykx.png
Rainbow Flag EmojiRainbow%20Flag_zpsh3fegojq.png
Sweat Droplets EmojiSweat%20Droplets_zps327js1w4.png
Pregnant Woman EmojiPregnant%20Woman_zpsqu2n4wax.png
OK Hand EmojiOK%20Hand_zpsgtnclvte.png
Monkey Face EmojiMonkey%20Face_zpsc1ukrmrf.png
Lollipop EmojiLollipop_zpsfegxblkv.png
Honey Pot EmojiHoney%20Pot_zpsj2uv6fht.png
Hot Dog EmojiHot%20Dog_zpspxovp0e4.png
Banana EmojiBanana_zpszvtme3fq.png
Kiss Mark EmojiKiss%20Mark_zpseawcbtmm.png
Fox Face EmojiFox%20Face_zpszkxlboec.png

RARE PHALLATARS
Peach EmojiPeach_zpsjio4lnkq.png
Unicorn EmojiUnicorn%20Face_zpszbxx2ssx.png
Speak No Evil EmojiSpeak%20No%20Evil_zpswis7eaop.png
Eggplant EmojiEggplant_zpsaknflqhb.png
Pile of Poo EmojiPile%20of%20Poo_zps1awozxk5.png
See No Evil EmojiSee%20No%20Evil_zpszssvgibt.png
Hear No Evil EmojiHear%20No%20Evil_zpspkbrn2qf.png

Clarifications
Order of actions?

Swipes & Vote -> SuperLike Actions -> Mafia Kill
Activity requirements?

You lose 1 self-esteem for each match that you don't submit a swipe for, and 1 self-esteem for not voting after Day 1. There are, technically, no activity requirements.

So what are you waiting for?

Swipe right to sign up!

WACriminal on
kime
«13456711

Posts

  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Current Players:

    1. Grunt's Ghosts
    2. LostNinja
    3. Brody
    4. discrider
    5. Preda
    6. Sir Fabulous
    7. Ringo
    8. kime

    9. AustinP0027
    10. corvidae
    11. Lucedes
    12. 38thDoe
    13. Mikey CTS

    14. Virgil_Leads_You
    15. MrTLicious
    16. MagicPrime
    17. Justice4Pluto

    18. Baidol
    19. MrBlarney
    20. vagrant_winds
    21. Cythraul


    Reserves:

    1. Premium
    Phallatar Collections

    WACriminal on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I don't want to be lonely no more.

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Hmmm prisoners dilemma, and phalla. Sounds intriguing, but I have so little time.

    But hats......

  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Love Me!

    Please...

    LostNinja on
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Me!

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    This picture is me I swear!

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Searching for true love!

  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I am a:

    [ ]Man [ ]Woman [✓]Other (Please Specify) - Squid

    Looking for a:

    [✓]Man [✓]Woman [✓]Other (Please Specify) - Squid

    For:

    [ ]Long-term Dating [ ] Casual Sex [✓] Betrayal and Backstabbing

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    RingokimeVirgil_Leads_You
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I hear that if you collect all the rare Phallatars, you can assemble Exodia, the Forbidden Emoji and win the game instantly.

    pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

    Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
    WACriminalkimeLucedes
  • RingoRingo He/Him Bury me at Lone Tree DenRegistered User regular
    Yeah.... YEAH!

    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    This looks interesting

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    A link to everyone's Phallatar collections has been added to the second post. Collections aren't private knowledge, so feel free to browse other people's collections if you're interested in trading.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    A link to everyone's Phallatar collections has been added to the second post. Collections aren't private knowledge, so feel free to browse other people's collections if you're interested in trading.

    Time to grind emojis by resigning and signing up again over and over before the game starts.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Tinder? I barely knew her!

  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    WACriminal wrote: »
    A link to everyone's Phallatar collections has been added to the second post. Collections aren't private knowledge, so feel free to browse other people's collections if you're interested in trading.

    Time to grind emojis by resigning and signing up again over and over before the game starts.

    I'm not sure how this is even supposed to work. :lol:

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Having read the OP, this game looks amazing and hilarious.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
    Ringo
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I want to make sure grunts ghosts stays lonely.

    corvidae on
  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    don't want to miss out on these sweet emoji

  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    For reference, if the program I'm using works correctly, each item in your booster pack has a 60% chance of pulling from the common list, 30% from the uncommons, and 10% from the rares. Some of y'all are rolling SUPER lucky.

    Lucedeskime
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    I want to make sure grunts ghosts stays lonely.

    As long as we sit in hell together, I'll never be lonely.

  • LucedesLucedes keeps happening for some reason Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    For reference, if the program I'm using works correctly, each item in your booster pack has a 60% chance of pulling from the common list, 30% from the uncommons, and 10% from the rares. Some of y'all are rolling SUPER lucky.

    luck is my main stat <3:so_raven:

    WACriminalRingokime
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    WACriminal wrote: »
    For reference, if the program I'm using works correctly, each item in your booster pack has a 60% chance of pulling from the common list, 30% from the uncommons, and 10% from the rares. Some of y'all are rolling SUPER lucky.

    luck is my main stat <3:so_raven:
    cQs1Mw9.jpg

    That said, these are the sorts of distributions I would expect from the odds.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Lucedes
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    corvidae wrote: »
    I want to make sure grunts ghosts stays lonely.

    As long as we sit in hell together, I'll never be lonely.

    i'm married. i belong to someone else. i'll never be yours.


    and honestly, if we were the last 2 humans alive....... i'd know, deep in my heart of hearts.....

    i could do better.

    corvidae on
    LostNinjaLucedesAustinP0027
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    <--<<-***!!! WTB: KNIFE EMOJI FOR VOTES !!!**->>-->
    QUICK SALE GUARANTEED
    A+++ SELER
    CHECK OUT REVIEWS
    NO REFUNDS

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Lucedes
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    corvidae wrote: »
    I want to make sure grunts ghosts stays lonely.

    As long as we sit in hell together, I'll never be lonely.

    i'm married. i belong to someone else. i'll never be yours.


    and honestly, if we were the last 2 humans alive....... i'd know, deep in my heart of hearts.....

    i could do better.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Been waiting a long time for another Final Fantasy phalla.
    4SrKTB1.png

    38thDoe on
    kime
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    That's ~48 hours of sign-ups and 12 players so far. Anybody got the batsignal list?

  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Netflix and chill?

    Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Available

    VayBJ4e.png
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    I look forward to breaking this

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Gone most of the week for work again, don't wanna be the inactive one EVERY game so put me in as a Reserve for now.

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Just swipe everybody... want to cast a wiiiide net.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    What is love?

  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Still haven't read the OP yet.

    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I can't promise a high level of activity, but sure, I'll swipe right. It's got some interesting mechanics to try and fiddle around with...

    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    And after all this time that you still owe
    You're still the good-for-nothing I don't know
    So take your gloves and get out
    Better get out
    While you can

    vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // Riot: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 // Genshin Impact: 600592891 //
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Work trip is done early, move me to full signup!

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    i will reserve because i am too busy to even sleep right now

  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Eh...been doing sign-ups for over a week, I think I'm just gonna kickstart this puppy with the current sign-ups.

    Working on getting everything pulled together for a Day 1, will update soon.

    Ringo
Sign In or Register to comment.