As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nier Auto[chat]a

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    @ "Casual Eddy" that is brutal and i am sad for him but i'm glad you made it though!

I feel like CEddy is in the Hunger Games.

yeah we shuffle off people and then we just continue onwards

the head teacher just gives his chipper evening speech same as always

do you get to keep their stuff?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    ahhh steams not working!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    New previews for the ultra rare Magic cards are up. They typically have a strange alternate border compared to typical cards.
    neHuo1Hl.png

... they look like shit. Leaning a bit TOO hard in the NotEgypt theme.

please tell me, at the very least, that when you said "ultra rare" you meant "mythic rare" and not that wizards has created a fifth rarity level

It's basically a super-foil.

It's a reprint, with a special foil treatment and new art.

Rarer than other foils, and the reprint doesn't effect legality. In other words, this card (Consecrated Sphinx) is not legal in standard despite appearing in a new set.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I want this:
    Wrath%2Bof%2BGod%2B%255BPRM-MPR%255D.jpg

but with this art:
    wrath_of_god.jpg

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    @ "Casual Eddy" that is brutal and i am sad for him but i'm glad you made it though!

Chanus wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzybAS7zltE

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    The hell kind of magic cards are those?

It took me a minute to even piece together they were actual Magic cards and not some weird, other TCG.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I want this:

but with this art:
    wrath_of_god.jpg

Oh awesome I had the latter card

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    There is a contest for SCP -3000

This entry is something else

http://www.scp-wiki.net/3000contestshaggydredlocks

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I booked my trip to Seattle in August in order to attend The International again. Gonna be a good week.

Probably going to un-book my hotel in order to stay in a shithole and Uber, but *for now* I have a half decent hotel reserved within walking distance of the event. Problem is it's like $300/night, which would be a pretty massive expense.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    New previews for the ultra rare Magic cards are up. They typically have a strange alternate border compared to typical cards.
    neHuo1Hl.png

This is amazing and I would be delighted to have its unabashed garish awfulness shining out from amidst its lesser brethren. I haven't even comprehended anything about the card yet other than UUU ahaha 4UU and Creature, that's how badical it is.

Surfpossum on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    apparently scottish parliament passed a resolution today seeking another independence referendum

it's funny how the arguments for and against are basically entirely reversed now

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I booked my trip to Seattle in August in order to attend The International again. Gonna be a good week.

Probably going to un-book my hotel in order to stay in a shithole and Uber, but *for now* I have a half decent hotel reserved within walking distance of the event. Problem is it's like $300/night, which would be a pretty massive expense.

Do people watch the game in cosplay and/or team jerseys? Seems like it would be a really fun ambiance.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I want this:

but with this art:
    wrath_of_god.jpg

Oh awesome I had the latter card

yeah I had a full set of 10th Ed. WoGs

lost 'em when I lost all my cards ;_;

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I oppose textless cards on principle (they're unfriendly to new players and they promote rules-lawyering).

But yeah that art for Wrath of God is rad.

Also, the black colorshifted version is awesome

38.jpg85.jpg

I prefer this method for full art stuff:

promos.jpg

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    neHuo1Hl.png

please tell me, at the very least, that when you said "ultra rare" you meant "mythic rare" and not that wizards has created a fifth rarity level

Rarer than other foils, and the reprint doesn't effect legality. In other words, this card (Consecrated Sphinx) is not legal in standard despite appearing in a new set.
    They are 100% playable in Drafts, though. :) Which is a really nasty surprise.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I just bought Nier Automata a little while ago and played the first level.

Is good. I get to be a cyborg lady with white hair wearing a blindfold doing ninja shit.

Neco on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Oh my god I was nervous about my workout today but I just fucking killed it

I dropped 8 lbs, lightest I've ever been in and I'm still going up in weight training.

• Options
    tyrannus wrote: »
    Oh my god I was nervous about my workout today but I just fucking killed it

I dropped 8 lbs, lightest I've ever been in and I'm still going up in weight training.

get it

• Options
    I oppose textless cards on principle (they're unfriendly to new players and they promote rules-lawyering).

But yeah that art for Wrath of God is rad.

Also, the black colorshifted version is awesome

38.jpg85.jpg

I prefer this method for full art stuff:

promos.jpg

yeah I get that.

They're good for lands at the very least!

I had a set of these that I loved though:
    terrorpromo.jpg

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    neHuo1Hl.png

They are 100% playable in Drafts, though. :) Which is a really nasty surprise.

At least Mana Crypt isn't in this set

• Options
    imo all lands should be full art

it's not like they put text onto them anyway

• Options
    For stuff that's been in the game forever and is simple I don't think it's a big deal. Somebody wants to use a textless Terror or Wrath of God, that's cool.

It's this fucking bullshit that makes me side-eye:

43.jpg = 31.jpg

but they don't really do textless cards anymore so I'm just bitching over a moot point

• Options
    SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    I used to make a decent chunk of change altering Magic cards, that was fun.
    20091222walkers.jpg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »

Do people watch the game in cosplay and/or team jerseys? Seems like it would be a really fun ambiance.

Yes to both, though the cosplays tend to have a dedicated area for the more complex ones due to weaponry+bulk. If you're just dressed as like, Kunkka (pimp-ass pirate, basically), you can do it from the regular seats if you want.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Those are cool as fuck, Surfpossum.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    is this true? damn thats a hell of a price creep

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular

the light rail system makes it really easy to get to and from downtown from a cheaper area

if your'e cool with airbnb there's places like this which are a 5 minute walk to the link

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16602606?checkin=2017-08-07&checkout=2017-08-12&s=il_7PvUn

the light rail will take you straight to westlake which is just a like 10-15 minute walk to the Key Arena

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    For stuff that's been in the game forever and is simple I don't think it's a big deal. Somebody wants to use a textless Terror or Wrath of God, that's cool.

It's this fucking bullshit that makes me side-eye:

43.jpg = 31.jpg

but they don't really do textless cards anymore so I'm just bitching over a moot point

ha yea that's a terrible choice

what that card super popular in some specific built what the hell?

• Options
    ooh i think this ensign has a crush on geordi

too bad for her she's not a hologram

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    300 dollars? Good lord thats like shitty NFL play off seats.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    imo all lands should be full art

it's not like they put text onto them anyway

yeah they're doing a lot more full art basic lands now.

Not every single set yet. They're alternating years.

636236422173150882.png

This plane is under the control of the dragon Nicol Bolas, so those are his horns you see looming on the horizon. Pretty well done IMO.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 100.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative So It Goes. Thread will be recycled after 100 pages.

• Options
    Those are cool as fuck, Surfpossum.
    I think one guy had me do the full P9 as he acquired a second set.

I apparently never uploaded the Black Lotus, I should try to dig that picture up because it turned out nice I think.

• Options
    A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    So I left my class to go home and to put my shit in my car. Next to my car is another car with a dog in it. When I went to go put my shit in my car, dog started barking at me.

I guess I'm not going home today.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    Sneaks into chat and tries to look like she belongs here

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    people buy tickets to videogame championships

what a country

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    On a scale of 1-10, how tacky would a white plastic folding table be if used as a desk in my bedroom?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    That was one of the most fun gigs I've ever done

Fucking hell

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular

just do an airbnb like a true millennial

This discussion has been closed.