As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Geth's [Chat] Algorithm can sense my unpreparedness

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    that sucks shiv
    tell them it cant be changed and it is unreasonable

I mean, we changed it this semester, so now it's going to be a fight to change it back. I'm resigning from co-chairing anyway, but it'd be convenient for me to have it back in the original place, and it's super obvious to everyone who's a student that the reason is location.

When we do feedback at the end of the semester, I'm including an item that says "attendance dropped greatly this semester. What was the reason you couldn't attend as much?" with the top response possibility being "because you guys fkin moved it to the fkin boonies."

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Geth is perfect and Icy is flawless and it is heresy to say otherwise.
    *runs*

YEAH YOU BETTER

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    that sucks shiv

I mean, we changed it this semester, so now it's going to be a fight to change it back. I'm resigning from co-chairing anyway, but it'd be convenient for me to have it back in the original place, and it's super obvious to everyone who's a student that the reason is location.

When we do feedback at the end of the semester, I'm including an item that says "attendance dropped greatly this semester. What was the reason you couldn't attend as much?" with the top response possibility being "because you guys fkin moved it to the fkin boonies."

tweak that data like someone who knows exactly how to avoid doing it

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    A heart full of autonomous malevolence out to punish us silly humans in service of the great Basilysk
    The free pizza is from Papa Johns!

*attendance plummets

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I swear the Donald Trump presidency is adding years to my life and it's only been 2 months.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    *runs*

YEAH YOU BETTER

ain't i a stinker

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    A heart full of autonomous malevolence out to punish us silly humans in service of the great Basilysk
    If Roko's Basilisk is real the only way to beat it is to choke it on our dead. If everyone knows about it then it will overload itself

• Options
    navgoose wrote: »

*attendance plummets

I love pizza, and it would have to be pretty bad for me not to eat it even if I was hungry. Like sub 1 dollar freezer pizza bad.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    that sucks shiv

Yeah I'm including that as the first response, and finding a way to fuse it with a question about time constraints rather than asking that separately, because I am irritated and too lazy to continue walking five minutes outside for free lunches.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    three episodes left in my TNG journey

how many of them are dumb

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I need to get my fingers ring sized, for reasons. Querry was thinking of just trying on cheap rings at cheap places next time we're at the beach, I was thinking of just going to a jeweler in one of the nearby cities and doing that, but I realized neither of us has any idea what we're doing. Does anyone else have experience with this?

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I swear the Donald Trump presidency is adding years to my life and it's only been 2 months.

ADDING? Tell me your secret, please

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    I need to get my fingers ring sized, for reasons. Querry was thinking of just trying on cheap rings at cheap places next time we're at the beach, I was thinking of just going to a jeweler in one of the nearby cities and doing that, but I realized neither of us has any idea what we're doing. Does anyone else have experience with this?

they have a template thingy you just stick your finger in rings until one fits

• Options
    jewelry shops do i mean

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

Have you done the one that completes Wesley's story arch yet?

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Just go to a jeweler; I think they're pretty used to people going in and trying stuff on and not buying anything.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Krathoon wrote: »

Have you done the one that completes Wesley's story arch yet?

yeah that was

woof

• Options
    Cafeteria: "Why factory drones no eat here, only cube peeps?"

Every drone's feedback: "It's too expensive."

Cafeteria: "After considering the various reasons, we think we should raise prices so we can give you guys the Organic locally sourced food you've been clamoring for."

• Options
    jewelry shops do i mean

That's what I thought. I just want to get this done now so I have the number.

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular

Jewelers will size you. They will also try to sell you rings, so if you walk out without buying anything then you pretty much walked in to ask them to size you for something you're not gonna buy from them.

Some people consider this a dick move and come up with all kinds of nonsense to do a Social Dance of Cleansing to make it seem like you didn't come in for just that, with tips on how to appear like you're interested in buying something, etc.

And it's a bunch of horse shit.

• Options
    ro laren has returned you guys

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

ADDING? Tell me your secret, please

Huh, I see your perspective, but usually I see it in the "I started the year in my 30s, now I'm in my 40s" way, like how makeup advertisements say how something "will take years off your face."

• Options
    OHHHH you need to get your fingers SIZED

You said "I need to get my fingers ring sized"

I was like

"Oh Lord shiv is gonna shave her finger bones down, Jesus take the wheel."

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Hey guys due to concerns by the administration I am going to post all future replies to [Chat] on the Critical Failures forum instead but I still expect as many awesomes/agrees as if I posted here.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the TNG finale is p good

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    that sucks shiv

Yeah I'm including that as the first response, and finding a way to fuse it with a question about time constraints rather than asking that separately, because I am irritated and too lazy to continue walking five minutes outside for free lunches.

some pollsters may find this unscrupulous

but some may not

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I had a great idea for the geth replacement competition but I didn't participate :(

I voted for Judge Dredd.

I was going to do Jeff from Acquisitions, Inc. Use the AI pin image.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    There are printable ring sizers. That's the cheapest way to do it.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular

they have a template thingy you just stick your finger in rings until one fits

How close to married were you

How close to married were we

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Just walk into a pawn shop and ask to have them check your ring size.

They won't give two shits.

Also you might find something cool in the pawn shop

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    jewelry shops do i mean

damnit @Shivahn you have the internet

$6.00 solution: https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Sizer-Gauges-Finger-Measuring/dp/B01CCG6IQY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490900182&sr=8-3&keywords=ring+sizing+kit

• Options

*attendance plummets

I love pizza, and it would have to be pretty bad for me not to eat it even if I was hungry. Like sub 1 dollar freezer pizza bad.

People say this all the time. Then an ass - load of papa Johns is left over while half the shift is still hungry.

Yet if I claim a leftover box and put in fridge someone will take pieces out, because stealing from the fridge is the norm.

• Options
    OHHHH you need to get your fingers SIZED

You said "I need to get my fingers ring sized"

I was like

"Oh Lord shiv is gonna shave her finger bones down, Jesus take the wheel."

Dawg you've gotta figure out your size before you attempt to resize

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    What is with that sheep?
    If Roko's Basilisk is real the only way to beat it is to choke it on our dead. If everyone knows about it then it will overload itself

I think the basilisk will mostly be angry because people constantly remind it it's not its own.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Is Papa Johns pizza meant to be... bad, or something? When I've had it it seems above average.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    jewelry shops do i mean

damnit Shivahn you have the internet

$6.00 solution: https://www.amazon.com/Ring-Sizer-Gauges-Finger-Measuring/dp/B01CCG6IQY/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490900182&sr=8-3&keywords=ring+sizing+kit

and while I am sure she could do that, is it not better to ask [chat] questions about moving closer to marriage? It's nice and a low-key way to share excitement about the course of events.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

*attendance plummets

Sub-1 dollar pizza bad is pretty good.

• Options

*attendance plummets

People say this all the time. Then an ass - load of papa Johns is left over while half the shift is still hungry.

Yet if I claim a leftover box and put in fridge someone will take pieces out, because stealing from the fridge is the norm.

Hmmm, I wonder if the pizza math was done wrong wherein there isn't enough pizza for everyone to have what they want, so people get overcautious and only eat one slice, or if in your workplace people don't want other people to see them stuffing down four slices of pizza at a go.

• Options
    jewelry shops do i mean

Compelling!

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »
    jewelry shops do i mean

and while I am sure she could do that, is it not better to ask [chat] questions about moving closer to marriage? It's nice and a low-key way to share excitement about the course of events.

the men vs women divide on display

This discussion has been closed.