As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Takel wrote: »
    For katanas, I'd make an exception if you have Sephiroth's BSB. If you don't have any other weapon as portable, it may be worth considering stoning up any 6* katana just to make it easier to 19998 damage his def piercing attack. Although, there are rare circumstances where you need to pull out the anti-powercreep

Problem being that every time they raise the soft cap, this becomes less useful

Sephiroth BSB command 1 has no soft cap, as it's piercing.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I don't give a weapon much credit if it only has an element boost under synergy. It's the non-RS elemental boosts that are valuable.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Would something like Ramza's USB be something to which I'd use Rosetta Stones for? They're kind of just piling up in my stash.

I usually use these criteria to determine whether to Rosetta something:

1. Rarity
    2. Element boost
    3. Portability
    4. Realm desirability

With that in mind, I'd look at Ramza USB and see:

1. 6*. Yep, passes this check.
    2. Nope. :(
    3. Katana isn't nearly as good as Sword or Dagger, but pretty alright. Minor to moderate.
    4. I don't think FFT synergy is particularly hard to come by, so I'd say this is minor to moderate.

With that in mind, I'd probably skip on Rosetta here unless I've got a huge (60+ stones) surplus.

When you evaluate 2, how much do you credit/penalize it if it's only RS: Element Boost?

Waffling on tossing all my miserly accumulated Rosettas into Lightning's Gladius, but it's RS: Lightning.

I pumped rosettas into Cloud's OSB because it's still a sword. 195 ATK is nice, especially now in our new 805 ATK soft cap world. If you can't get RS, the extra 30 ATK isn't nothing to sneeze at and makes it that much easier to meet certain thresholds depending on your team composition.

If it didn't have that RS requirement, it'd be a no-brainer. As it is, just the fact that it's a sword and not something like a Staff or Thrown item makes it much more desirable. I'm fielding 4/5 OSB weapons on my team right now, fuck realm synergy. Only one of those is not a sword (spear) but it has non-RS wind boost for Luneth, so it's exactly who it needs to be on.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    Man, fuck that Mandagora fight. Glad that isn't coming back for a long long time.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    100 gem: Delita BSB

That's 2 in a row after a long dry spell.

• Options
    Takel wrote: »
    For katanas, I'd make an exception if you have Sephiroth's BSB. If you don't have any other weapon as portable, it may be worth considering stoning up any 6* katana just to make it easier to 19998 damage his def piercing attack. Although, there are rare circumstances where you need to pull out the anti-powercreep

Problem being that every time they raise the soft cap, this becomes less useful

Sephiroth BSB command 1 has no soft cap, as it's piercing.

The point about Seph's BSB command 1 is that it avoids the issue of steadily increasing enemy defense. Raising the ATK soft cap also makes the steadily increasing enemy defense less of an issue for a time, as non-piercing attacks can somewhat overpower the defense. A good example of this is just today, after the soft cap increase, I hit U++ Shadowlord for 31.5k with Thief's Revenge. If I had done the fight a couple of days ago, I wouldn't have hit near that hard.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    The BSB C1 means that fights which aren't intended to be done using a physical team or just have stupidly high def on them and are not outright physical immune (eg: Curada and Affliction Break Nightmare) can be brute forced.

Of course, it has less value when physical attacks start hitting more because their scaling ceiling gets raised and I totally don't expect much content to exist at the moment or in the future 7 months out where the C1 breaks it completely but Cloud USB won't. But it's an option to have especially if you're flush with Rosetta stones.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Speaking of things that pierce defenses, does anyone know how good Strago's BSB (with the RES-piercing command) turned out to be in Japan?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Mandoragas mastered. Struggled to get it going with 200 difficulty, rolled 240 on first try.

Getting in a team where everyone thinks ("that person only has wall, and that other one has asylum so I'll do shellga/protectga/regen instead") makes a HUGE difference.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Speaking of things that pierce defenses, does anyone know how good Strago's BSB (with the RES-piercing command) turned out to be in Japan?

I think that depends quite a lot on if it uses the same mechanics as ninja magic. If it does, then the piercing command is just flat out worse than the 5* ninja magic because it has a lower potency and twice the cast time. If it does not have the same super low cap that ninja magic does, then it would be pretty good I think since you could fairly easily cap it at 19998 with stacking buffs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    As long as the U+ isn't immune to holy, I think my FFT team can easily clear the Cid Mission (Agrias BSB, Ramza Shout, Delita BSB).

If I had a Medica for Ovelia, I could also probably do the CM for the FFT Torment. But I do not.

• Options
    This FFT U+ Cid Mission is the one where a strong RW Orlandeau OSB can take off 95%+ of the health on the boss. Most people probably have enough Tactics stuff that they could do the mission the normal way, though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    4/11

Ramza USB
    Rapha SSB
    Delita SSB
    Ovelia SSB

No dupes, that'll do

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    I could get used to these instant Burst chains.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUoM5EExvDE

Cool.

The attack itself is Teraflare (the Summoner-specific Limit Break fro. FFXIV)

Unless that video is embellished, though, it means that his EX Mode lasts not a very long time at all.

Enlong on
  • Options
    The spreadsheet of doom claims a 15 second duration on EX: Dreadwyrm Trance.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah, that's pretty short.

You'll likely need to juice him up with stacking buffs and hit multiple targets with summons in order to harvest enough damage to deal 9999s with Deathflare like that (recall that Deathflare is fixed damage), or else pair it with his BSB to spam Wind Blade on a si for target.

• Options
    All of the EX modes are that short though. The benefit out of it is the extra 30% MAG for it's duration, so your summon spells are pumped up, and the 5x AoE damage once the mode ends. It's like a chase effect SB, if all of the chase hits were piled up at the end. Whether you can do 9999 on every hit or not, we'll need to wait for the relic to release and get some testing out to figure out what factors are needed to cap the damage.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Playing through the FFT event and came to "The Yuguewood" and couldn't help but read it as "Yuuugewood" and then I sighed.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Full Break rank 2, where have you been all my life.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I got the the green robe from my 100 gem draw. Then I went 1/11 on my first pull and got the green robe. Then I went 1/11 on my second pull, and got the green robe. What a dumb game.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »

I think that depends quite a lot on if it uses the same mechanics as ninja magic. If it does, then the piercing command is just flat out worse than the 5* ninja magic because it has a lower potency and twice the cast time. If it does not have the same super low cap that ninja magic does, then it would be pretty good I think since you could fairly easily cap it at 19998 with stacking buffs.

I believe I've read that it does not have the super low magic cap, so people have been using it on Magicite bosses for the easy 9999x2. It's pretty darn good.
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »
    Would something like Ramza's USB be something to which I'd use Rosetta Stones for? They're kind of just piling up in my stash.

I usually use these criteria to determine whether to Rosetta something:

1. Rarity
    2. Element boost
    3. Portability
    4. Realm desirability

With that in mind, I'd look at Ramza USB and see:

1. 6*. Yep, passes this check.
    2. Nope. :(
    3. Katana isn't nearly as good as Sword or Dagger, but pretty alright. Minor to moderate.
    4. I don't think FFT synergy is particularly hard to come by, so I'd say this is minor to moderate.

With that in mind, I'd probably skip on Rosetta here unless I've got a huge (60+ stones) surplus.

When you evaluate 2, how much do you credit/penalize it if it's only RS: Element Boost?

Waffling on tossing all my miserly accumulated Rosettas into Lightning's Gladius, but it's RS: Lightning.

RS boosts are basically worthless IMO, I don't even bother to mention them when I do reviews. Obviously if you're in that realm you use them, but the problem is that 95% of the time you aren't in that realm.

The good news is that Rosettas will start accumulating faster when we switch to the new event format (U/U++/A+ instead of U/U+/U++). We'll get five per week instead of one per week.

Fry on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Damn, Ramza USB's third stat is DEF, that'll go nicely with Guard Bringer.

OK BSB + Ramza USB + Sarah BSB, RW Wall, bring any two DPS? That's a nice all-purpose setup for any single target fight. I wonder if OK's C1 still sucks with the 805 ATK soft cap.

Rius on
  • Options
    Stop making me want to pull on this banner. I must save for Ceodore.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I got the the green robe from my 100 gem draw. Then I went 1/11 on my first pull and got the green robe. Then I went 1/11 on my second pull, and got the green robe. What a dumb game.

This post could have been from a year ago on the first Tactics banner :P

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Uhh I got a 100 gem Genji glove too

• Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Damn, Ramza USB's third stat is DEF, that'll go nicely with Guard Bringer.

OK BSB + Ramza USB + Sarah BSB, RW Wall, bring any two DPS? That's a nice all-purpose setup for any single target fight. I wonder if OK's C1 still sucks with the 805 ATK soft cap.

It's still not great, but it does depend on what setup you are running. On my alt account I don't have any mage OSB weapons, so when I did U++ Shadowlord I decided to equip one of Vincent's guns on Onion Knight so I could use either command depending on immunity. With that setup C1 and C2 were doing about the same damage since I was running Vessel of Fate and Shout (and had Armor Breakdown but not Mental Breakdown). On my main, with a fully augmented Blood Sword, C2 was still the superior choice and did 12k vs the 9k that the alt was managing. With the new soft cap it seems likely that C1 + Full Charge could be more DPS than straight C2 spam, though the SB generation would be inferior.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Looking forward to when this free 30 pull is a thing for global. Really exciting to see that much stuff all at once.

As for how I did on my JP account, only went 2/30, which was intensely disappointing. That said, the two things were Balthier's BSB2 and OSB. Welcome to the team, my friend.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »

This post could have been from a year ago on the first Tactics banner :P

I was just thinking that reading it. In pursuit of shout I attained a total of 5 green robes and 5 Ice Rod thingies. Also 2 Throw Stone Bracers that are actually pretty nice combined and 1 Agrias shield. Out of maybe 110 pulls?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I don't play the JP version, but when something ridiculous like a free 30 draw is available, I fire up the alt-MeMu and give it a shot.

YLpQD20.jpg

4/30
    DK Cecil's SSB, Shadowbringer (6 hits physical single target for 9.xx multi, 30% self damage)
    Sazh's SSB, Godsend (all allies Protect + High Regen + 20% MAG)
    Firion's SSB, Lord of Arms (6 hits physical single target ranged for 7.xx multi, 100% blind)
    Terra's OSB

Jesus, if I played JP seriously I'd be salty as fuck with that draw. That's three SSBs that are already old in Global.

Rius on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    And while an OSB is an OSB, it's hardly a rare one.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    That is a LOT of shinies.

So 5/30 would be average for 30 draws at once, I think?

• Options
    And while an OSB is an OSB, it's hardly a rare one.

That's part of it, too; the banner is guaranteed 6*, so of all the OSBs/USBs/CSBs available, that roll gets Terra's OSB.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    A free 30-pull with a guaranteed 6*? What's the worst that could happen?

Enlong on
  • Options
    Had to happen to somebody. Hopefully we can all dodge such things if/when we get this banner.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I fired up a new emulator and did it again; Fujin BSB, Firion BSB, Gilgamesh OSB, Locke OSB. Still all old stuff (seriously, can't get anything in the last six months of JP content lol) but at least it's a much better pull, even with the two dupes to my Global account.

Multi-MeMu is really handy.

Rius on
  • Options
    I would be a dry husk, because the salt would just flow from every pore if I got that 1/30.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Man I gotta give that a shot when I get home

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    The pool's mostly crappy ancient stuff. You're going to get... a lot of ancient crappy stuff.

It's the same reason the New Years cash only draws were such a joke. The pools of relics were like "All SSBs, and if you do two draws, get one of six ancient OSBs!"

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I would be a dry husk, because the salt would just flow from every pore if I got that 1/30.

My 2/11 Tyro OSB pull on the Summoner Nightmare banner was pretty sad, but 1/30 Tyro OSB is... yikes.

aeNqQM9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.