As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Amusingly, as a kid I had the opposite problem. I had a sick A-team and not much below that. When it came time for the party split, I said "uhhhh crap". I then tried to cheese it with solo Mog wearing his no encounters accessory but he was up against the boss that can inflict frozen and couldn't beat it solo. Later, I wised up and brought the scrubs anyway just to act as spear catchers.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Yay, Dr. Mog's Teachings :D

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Yay, Dr. Mog's Teachings :D

The most poorly named RM, since Dr. Mog's actual Teachings are generally pretty shit.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    U++ Dark Lord might have a 70% chance of doing AoE every turn, but when I fought him he literally just spammed Kick Back.

I also lost one medal for Actions Taken; that hasn't happened in forever.

• Options
    And I'm more interested in honing the Witch skils now that I've seen their animations. Very nice.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I like the Witch skills if only because Ice Orbs are a myth, and was thus provided two free ice magic skills when previously I had none.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Hurray, 100% complete on Realm dungeons.

No, wait, booooooo that means my Mythril mine really has dried up. Fuck!

Also I uh don't know what to do with my stamina any more. I guess hurray new dailies? I pretty much refuse to farm Torment as a source of crystals.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dailies, yeah.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    I am probably not going to farm torment until Full Throttle comes around. Way more time-efficient.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Wait existing torment becomes full throttle?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Wait existing torment becomes full throttle?

Yeah, they become a 300 difficulty section of the same dungeon.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    They don't 'become' those, really. They get an additional Full Throttle difficulty (300) added at the top, and eventually, CMs for it as well.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thanks I was getting worried because I haven't done a single one yet.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Power creep, especially magicite, really does a number of the Torments, even the recent ones in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMsQTIhZ6xQ

Granted, that's pretty whaley, but still. Like, 2.5 rounds.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I was about to criticize that video as being slightly unrealistic for normal players due to the R5 Bahamut and then I remembered I have an R4 Tiamat. If someone else could pick up that slack I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Polished off the bonus battles for FF11. Nothing too fancy, though I changed things up for Shadow Lord (Onion Knight with Durandel: best hybrid).

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I should not have attempted Minotaur+ again on a lark. That sub-5% wipe was a blow to my soul.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    A steak! wrote: »
    I was about to criticize that video as being slightly unrealistic for normal players due to the R5 Bahamut and then I remembered I have an R4 Tiamat. If someone else could pick up that slack I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
    I have a R1 Bahamut and a R1 Tiamat that video is incredibly unrealistic : (

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does anyone still need MP Mandragoras? Would it be better to be available tonight or tomorrow?

Just @everyone in Discord to batsignal.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Finished up the 200 difficulty torments right before they went away, yay. Bummer I didn't master a couple of 'em (one of them had a character die a second before the killing blow, gaahhh). Now to wait for them to come back and hopefully have a beefed up team to take on the 250s.

A good chance for me to do the Nightmares and new events now. I've also gotta do the 240 Orthros; last night I had what seemed like a good team that completely fell apart near the end. Didn't help that we only had one healer, who admittedly did a heck of a job on their own.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Power creep, especially magicite, really does a number of the Torments, even the recent ones in Japan.

RM Thunder God on a fight where you have 4 waves of trash before getting to the boss is an...interesting choice, but it seemed to work out fine. But wow, having a near-complete set of natural 6* weapons sure does make the D200 look easy.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »

I dunno, it's just as many orbs from R4 -> R5 as it is from R1 -> R4, I think you've still got a case!

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Fucking shit, if they're going to make 600k HP five phase raid battles, can we get a no animations setting? Just had a nice, clean group get completely derailed on 240 Ultros by gradual lag buildup that killed five people on the final phase. Celes was simultaneously alive and dead, like some sort of Schrodinger's Tank.

Edit: I was mistaken; 240 Ultros has a combined 1.2m hp, lol. You can't do that fight on an Android phone.

Rius on
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »
    Fucking shit, if they're going to make 600k HP five phase raid battles, can we get a no animations setting? Just had a nice, clean group get completely derailed on 240 Ultros by gradual lag buildup that killed five people on the final phase. Celes was simultaneously alive and dead, like some sort of Schrodinger's Tank.

Yeah I was having a similar problem when fighting Mandragoras. Y'shtola would queue Ultra Cure, but part way through the cast it would cancel back. So I would select it again. The following turn I tried to BSB, but it Ultra Cured twice in a row then.

• Options
    I mean, how many times did I crash out on Monday night when we were doing Ultros just on phase 2? I had to host to get those done reliably. I even crashed out on Phase 1 while trying to help Romantic Undead, shit's obnoxious.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Hopped on the Reddit FFRK discord and got a group together for A++ Ultros. One guy brought a stacked Edward and a stacked Exdeath, and the latter was spamming infinite 25k-30k Meltdowns. It was awesome. I've never seen Edward's BSB in action before, it's actually a nice pile of effects.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Mog's new USB "Forest Nocturne", Party ATK/MAG/MND +30% and Quickcast 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTphFJp4D0c

Kefka's new BSB2 "Magitek Suction Devil", 8xST random Dark/Bio magic dmg, EnDark, Burst Mode
    Attack-> "Descent Into Madness" 2xST Dark/Bio magic dmg, self Demon (enemy MAG -20%, up to 3 stacks)
    Defend-> "Devil Avatar" 3~6xST Dark/Bio magic dmg with increased multiplier and hits based on no of Demon used

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRv4ha9hQoQ

Stacking enemy -MAG is pretty great, and this BSB is EnDark as opposed to his first one which is EnBio. His first one is... weird; his C2 is an AoE dance that does no damage but applies Slow (20% chance... which blows) and -ATK (40%, which is nice.) His C1 is a bog standard 4 hit single target bio spell.

Nice to see him getting a more interesting BSB that still has some utility.

Rius on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I finally honed Full Break to R3 yesterday

Now to work on all those Chain-gas.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    I finally honed Full Break to R3 yesterday

Now to work on all those Chain-gas.

I think I need to do this now, with U++ coming and Apoc++ already here.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    I need to clean out my abilities stockpiles (191/195 abilities. Sheesh) and I think I might put all the 3* agas on the chopping block. They were there as a bit of a "so Y'shtola can hit target scores" but 3*s don't cut it anymore for damage and she's a wrath kitty now. The dedicated damage dealers are more than capable of holding their own without a quarter DPS contributing and I should have all my bases covered now. The old 3* spellblades are probably going to go too for similar reasons.

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Takel wrote: »
    I need to clean out my abilities stockpiles (191/195 abilities. Sheesh) and I think I might put all the 3* agas on the chopping block. They were there as a bit of a "so Y'shtola can hit target scores" but 3*s don't cut it anymore for damage and she's a wrath kitty now. The dedicated damage dealers are more than capable of holding their own without a quarter DPS contributing and I should have all my bases covered now. The old 3* spellblades are probably going to go too for similar reasons.
    Eh, I'd probably keep the 3* BLK just in case but the 3* spellblades can probably go. I also keep them around for Y'sh hitting target scores, which isn't excessively common but remaking them if you needed to would be annoying.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Holy crap. As part of Golden Week/FF 30TH Anniversary celebration, JP's getting a free 30 Pull, with guaranteed OSB. As in, Mog will throw 30 orbs into the air, and you'll get at least one disco ball, and RNG does the rest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u1pn/jp_free_30pull_gacha_for_golden_week/

FF doesn't actually turn 30 until December, it's kind of a year long celebration, so we might actually see this later this year? Talk about insane.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Holy crap. As part of Golden Week/FF 30TH Anniversary celebration, JP's getting a free 30 Pull, with guaranteed OSB. As in, Mog will throw 30 orbs into the air, and you'll get at least one disco ball, and RNG does the rest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u1pn/jp_free_30pull_gacha_for_golden_week/

FF doesn't actually turn 30 until December, it's kind of a year long celebration, so we might actually see this later this year? Talk about insane.

That's rad

FFRK is probably only second to Granblue for how generous it can be for a gacha game.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    heh, i kinda just wanna see what that looks like on the screen. orbs everywhere

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    SSB/BSB Refia does some serious work on 250 Ultros. Spent most of the fight doing 22k C1s into 55k BSB entries with the occasional 35k SSB refresh or 16k C2 to keep as buff as possible, and my party didn't even bother bringing any way to dispel protect off Ultros.

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Aww dang I forgot about maintenance. I hate wasting stamina like that.

• Options
    Kefka's new BSB seems interesting, even though we won't have it until whenever it recurs in an FFVI event.

Math seems to check out that you want to use C1 3 times before using C2 every time, if you can.

Also, here's an interesting thing.

Relm has Portrait of the Goddess. Kefka has drainage of the Fiend. Do you think some other FFVI characters is going to get a soul break that involves the Demon?

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Alphinaud's EX-mode effect, not entry, is Dreadwyrm Trance, and on exit, he auto-casts Deathflare. Some FFXIV feels right here.

EX Mode "Trance Bahamut" Up to medium increase in Summoning ability damage based on no of hones and use Deathflare when EX mode ends.
    ※ Burst abilities will be counted as 1 hone
    ※ RW Burst abilities are counted as well

EX Ability "Deathflare" Smart Ether 2 and 5xAoE fixed summon magic dmg based on total damage deal by Summoning abilities used during EX Mode
    ※ "Deathflare" has no element as it is fixed damage calculation
    ※ "Deathflare" damage can be affected by Materia effects but cannot be dualcasted.

Also, here's the thread with all the 5 Golden Week banners, including all of the new EX-mode USBs and explanations in the comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u6ot/jp_preliminary_ff30th_fest_banner_data/

EDIT: Of the new USBs, a couple of them are still actually kind of bad when you compare them to each other. Luneth, Shantotto and Noctis all kind of got shafted. A 30% ATK or MAG buff is standard to the EX-mode, but the additional effect(s) for those three in particular are weak.

Luneth - quickcast 1 when using any wind attack.
    Shantotto - double cast witch abilities, but it costs an extra ability use so it's not a "free" doublecast
    Noctis - Gives him his OSB effect, which is 30% ATK as long as he's got Stoneskin effect active, with an extra bonus of non-elemental damage boost. Best to have this with his BSB since one of the commands gives him Stoneskin.
    - secondary edit - At least Noct's USB Stoneskin is 100% HP, not 30% as normal.

Compare those three to Tidus, Zidane or Cloud.

Tidus - 6-hit ranged water chase attack after using any water ability. Hope you have his LCSB because he can power that up all by himself.
    Zidane - 1-hit chase, with a chance to do an additional 1-hit attack that imperils wind.
    Cloud - break damage cap

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    1. It'll probably be called Dreadwyrm Trance when we get it.
    2. When it says damage based on number of hones, what does that mean? Like, it will do more damage if you use an R5 Bahamut instead of an R1 Bahamut? Or does it mean uses remaining?
    3. I wonder how much damage Deathflare does, and how many abilities you need to use to hit the max power on it.
    4. I wish I could automatically Deathflare at the end of the Trance in FFXIV. A missed Deathflare is a mark of shame.

• Options
    Shantotto's EX Mode is... interesting.

The USB itself is 10 Fire/Ice/Lightning hits and Enlightning, and enter EX mode Double Magic

Shantotto EX Mode: Doublecast Magic

Effect: Self MAG +30% and doublecast Witch abilities by using 2 remaining ability uses

※ Doublecast effect will happen as long as remaining ability use when casting is more than 1
    ※ Doublecasted ability does not increase SB gauge
    ※ Only Witch type abilities are affected by this EX Mode
    ※ Burst abilities cannot trigger the doublecast effect
    ※ Doublecast will not happen if the EX Mode ends during the cast time
    ※ Doublecast will not happen if the user is Silenced

So, it has her cast Witch abilities, and only those, a second time by using up 2 more ability uses when it's cast.

So, if you cast, say, hell Thunder during the mode, you'd use up 3 casts to hit the enemy 12 times, after waiting for Hell Thunder's charge time once.

Which kinda limits the mode, since unless you have two copies of a 5* Witch ability equipped, you can trigger the dualcast a maximum of twice per battle (8 -> 5 --> 2 --> EX mode doesn't trigger if you cast it again)

This discussion has been closed.