As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Summoner and Combat Lucky Draws tonight! Hope you like Lann.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. We have until like Octoberr 1st to see this.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »
    Oh, and here's Sandslice's relic discussion post for the new Chrono Trigger crossover in JP. Like all the rest of the SNES stuff, I never played this one, but I've heard good things. Shame we have to wait six months, but since it's a Square property maybe we'll get this stuff?

Reposted for ToTP (and so I can edit the thread subject again, never enough excuses to do that)

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I was intending to pull twice on banner 3; but since I got what I wanted on the first pull, I figured I'd spend the second pull on banner 4.

1/11 - Agrias OSB

Yeah, I'll take it. It'll go pretty nicely with the BSB I already have for her.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    A lot of the collab events we never got look like they also had interactions with other mobile games. Or as much as I can deduce from an image such as this:

event_intro_pict06.png

If it's just straight up Chrono Trigger characters, and it's not trying to cross promote some other mobile game that's not even out here... there's a fair shot we might see it. I wouldn't put cold cash on it, but I'd be optimistic.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Did two pulls, first one I just got Ashe's OSB which I really don't care about beyond a statstick. Second pull got me veil of wiyu and agrias' Excalibur so I'm done with this one (also because my mithril's gone now).

So many team options now compared to a few weeks ago. I didn't get a single item for nemesis however so I think that one's not happening.
    I have plenty of healer bursts, but only cleansing strike and fujin for stacking rebuffs, no last stand and no alph reflect.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ya'll need to look at what day it is

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    You diabolical bastards.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Hrmm. So took my NemesisX team for a spin through the lower difficulties.

Galuf Lifesiphon/Piercing Strike + damage (invincible)
    Vaan Wrath/Steal Power +damage (BSB)
    OK Wrath/Full Break DMT (BSB + PHY SSB)
    Rosa Cure/Shellga Lionheart (BSB)
    Catgirl Cure/Protectga MM (BSB + Wall)
    RW: Reflect Damage

I'm not happy with this though. I'm not hopeful about its ability to recover from Boundless Ultima. Y'shtola won't be able to build meter quickly to cycle her SBs. No Magic Break until Vaan has his BSB up. I could give OK Protectga instead of Full Break and let Yshtola Wrath, but that has its own problems. Hrmm.

Advice?

• Options
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hrmm. So took my NemesisX team for a spin through the lower difficulties.

Galuf Lifesiphon/Piercing Strike + damage (invincible)
    Vaan Wrath/Steal Power +damage (BSB)
    OK Wrath/Full Break DMT (BSB + PHY SSB)
    Rosa Cure/Shellga Lionheart (BSB)
    Catgirl Cure/Protectga MM (BSB + Wall)
    RW: Reflect Damage

I'm not happy with this though. I'm not hopeful about its ability to recover from Boundless Ultima. Y'shtola won't be able to build meter quickly to cycle her SBs. No Magic Break until Vaan has his BSB up. I could give OK Protectga instead of Full Break and let Yshtola Wrath, but that has its own problems. Hrmm.

Advice?

That may be tough to puzzle around. I'd say you'll want Wrath or at least someone to Entrust some meter to Y'shtola because even on Infinite I found that I didn't get enough meter from damage to refresh Wall fast enough without Wrath and a starting Hastega.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    i made a couple of pulls last night and somehow managed to pull every single item on banner 4 EXCEPT the one i really wanted which is alphs bsb, dodging the agrias bsb/tgcid osb dupes

i can... probably deal

my mage team is interchangeably maria/raines/onion/fujin/quistis/ashe/krile/golbez/hope/yuna 2, so alph would be pure 100% luxury

Beasteh on
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    Tried my new toys in the Nemesis event

Orlandeau did about 55K damage with his OSB on difficulty 160.. that's WITHOUT shout and WITHOUT Full Break / Armor Break. On the easiest fight he one shotted the boss, 99999 DMG.

I see why they call him the thunder god now! :biggrin:

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Beasteh wrote: »
    i made a couple of pulls last night and somehow managed to pull every single item on banner 4 EXCEPT the one i really wanted which is alphs bsb, dodging the agrias bsb/tgcid osb dupes

i can... probably deal

my mage team is interchangeably maria/raines/onion/fujin/quistis/ashe/krile/golbez/hope/yuna 2, so alph would be pure 100% luxury

My mage team is your mage team switching Quitis out for Alf and adding Papalymo, and most of the time I just sit there going "Who the fuck do I bring to this...." In a lineup where you already have Maria, Raines, Onion and Fujin it's completely overkill.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Yeah I really need to convince myself that I don't need it more often when I see a shiny thing that I've wanted for a while

I went from 1 OSB during the first Raines claw event to nine after this fest and my account is pretty whale tier so I just need to chill and quit pulling until the next shift in the meta (Cloud USB)

Beasteh on
  • Options
    When is that infamous Cloud USB coming into the game?

"You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg
  • Options
    Roughly three months

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Jean wrote: »
    Tried my new toys in the Nemesis event

Orlandeau did about 55K damage with his OSB on difficulty 160.. that's WITHOUT shout and WITHOUT Full Break / Armor Break. On the easiest fight he one shotted the boss, 99999 DMG.

I see why they call him the thunder god now! :biggrin:

Orlandeau's OSB is ridiculous. There hasn't been a fight for me where he did less than 70k with it, and I've used him against bosses that resist holy/lightning.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It helps when you have enough FFT synergy to bump him up over the ATK soft cap even before any buffs

• Options
    Welp. I whaled for a pull. 4/11 3 osbs.

3 ragnaroks and an Excalibur.

Wish one of those was a saintly Excalibur but hot damn son.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dang, man

I hope my eventual pull today is anywhere near that good.

• Options
    Now the question is to make them one massively powerful shitwrecking holy sword, or maybe go 2 and 1. Agrias is literally the only physical holy sb I know right now, but maybe someday I'll get another one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    An 8* OSB sword would probably be somewhere around 215-220 ATK fully augmented, when not utilizing realm synergy. That's kind of crazy

• Options
    Did one pull, a dupe Excalibur for Agrias and robes for Alphi.

And that is now a fully loaded Alphinaud with all possible stat gains, able to reach 490 without a drop of synergy. Boo-fuckin-ya.

A bit of mythril math for anybody who's also in my situation. I had a dead start of 0 mythril. On my list of things to do was:

-Completely clear out the new dungeon update with half stamina, which I managed in one marathon go, god bless stamina shard recharges
    -Clear out the new orbfest dungeons
    -Clear out IX event, including multiplayer
    -Clear out all X record fights

I've very nearly done all but the last, and it's a little more than 50 mythril, so there's enough for one more pull.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Javen wrote: »
    An 8* OSB sword would probably be somewhere around 215-220 ATK fully augmented, when not utilizing realm synergy. That's kind of crazy

I have Seph's OSB katana augmented 8* with 30 augments (cannibalised a 20 augmented one-winged angel) and it has 187 base atk + 30 from the augment

So yeah 217 and it has +20% dark bonus in VII realm

(A lot of synergy 5* weapons don't have this level of atk)

Not that I wanted it but yeah it's a thing

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I just used 27 rosetta stones on Saintly Excalibur to max it because why the fuck not.
    li7ww8iv8l6m.gif

• Options
    Yea if it didn't have the +holy all the time it wouldn't even be a thing, I'd def have stuck em together already. I probably should just stick them all together though, that'd be my most powerful sword in most realms and lets a saint cross user get free value.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    How many holy swords do you have? If it's just them then I'd at least combine one of them. You don't need 4 holy swords, and even 3 is probably overkill.

The argument I'd use for not combining is for the eventual FFT torment dungeon. Having 3 super swords would be a pretty huge power boost. Even then though, you're probably not taking 4 sword users, so again you're probably safe combining at least 1.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    I finally got one of those fancy FFRK Central profiles set up:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/Q2Ad

You can now see all my fail in one nice location.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I have a 5+++ platinum sword and a Defender in Tictacs, plus some daggers, so my tactics gear is pretty good even without this thing.

And I guess now I have... 4 holy swords. Indomitable Blade, FF9 Excalibur+, FFT Excalibur, FFT Ragnarok.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    KiTA wrote: »
    I finally got one of those fancy FFRK Central profiles set up:

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/Q2Ad

You can now see all my fail in one nice location.

Uh I didn't know about that site. Looks pretty interesting!

here's my humble account : https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/atPa

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Catching up, day by day~

3U1PCFAl.pngZDsW58xl.pngwac4Tftl.png

(Astute readers will note that he had literally just sucked in his barriers that turn.)

Setup:
    8IJk7z8l.png8I9xBoel.png

Phase 1 was easy enough, the party had enough damage in that state to not be a concern. Phase 2 was a bit of a shitshow juggling the Dooms properly while Celes slowly murdered her way through. Independent Blade mostly trivialized the damage in that phase and gave her infinite Saint Cross. Y'shtola ended up not doing much but she still carried one of the breakdowns and Wall was arguably needed earlier as some those attacks did hit for a fair bit. Damage was a hair low as I think I mismanaged Doom overlap and had a couple down turns as Dooms went down and then back up at the same time. Thankfully had a couple SBs already charging on phase 3 transition to wax him before he could blow me up.

And then...

3k0m05Nl.png

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Welp. Made my final pull of the festival, and my mythril stock is well and truly depleted.

2 rainbows:

1 duplicate Evoker's Doublet
    And 1 Hamelin!

Remember when I said I wished I could fit Agrias, Delita, and Zell into one team, for holy crits? Now I don't have to.

That said, Zell's BSB is still super strong, so I will still use him. It'll depend on the fight.

• Options
    Does anyone know when the mote dungeons/torments come back out? Especially the mote dungeons, I need to finish those up.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Did the math, I'll have enough for a round 5 pull even with another 4 pull. Fuck it.

2 5*s!

Both dupes!

Lesson learned, but won't be remembered next time :p

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I think the next Torment is FF Tactics, so probably those will come back for that event in like 3 weeks. Mote dungeons might come back a week before that? I'm not entirely sure, but won't be more then 3 weeks in all likelihood.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hm. If I wanted, against enemies weak to Fire, Ice, Lightning, or Holy, I could have my team consist of Eiko, Arc, Delita, and two supports (Minfilia and Onion or Ramza and Vaan, probably). Eiko can provide physical Blink with her burst command, and Arc's SSB can provide Regenja, Shellga, and Magic Blink. This also means that I don't need to carry Shellga, and can give Eiko or Arc something else. Arc could even go MAG-geared and carry a Summon and Faith, if I bring Onion. Some interesting ideas here. I for one would be happy to finally bring Arc back into my teams.

• Options
    My physical team is generally hard locked to Zell, TGCid, Vaan, Ramza, and Vanille or Y'shtola

Now I have Refia, Cid VII and Leila's BSBs so need to look at fitting them in

• Options
    Ya'll with your One Teams, you gotta think fourth dimensionally

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

I really need to get in the habit of saving teams instead of taking the time to shift everyone around every time.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Jragghen wrote: »

I really need to get in the habit of saving teams instead of taking the time to shift everyone around every time.

I think I might start this. I have so many teams that are fun to play with, but I never break out. White Mage Death Squad has been side lines for too long. Now with team Kick Puncher pretty well formed I am going to have to get with it. I am heart broken that Zell's commands aren't Monk, but he still counts.

Edit: And that speaks nothing of Team Paladin, and what to do with Luneth. He probably just ends up on generic physical team. Generic mage team is there as well but so flexible that they don't get a name.

Gnizmo on
This discussion has been closed.