As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Playing Dragon priest versus quest priest is like playing with your food, watch them waste what removal they have while you collect ungoro packs

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    JackdawGinJackdawGin Engineer New YorkRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    MMMig wrote: »
    kime wrote: »
    Well. Sometimes your opponent puts down a 16/16 Edwin on turn 4 and you just don't have an answer. Gotta accept those losses.

Edit: And actually, I may still win, Priest of the Feast is strong yo.

I tend to keep a SWD in mulligan vs Druid, Rogue, and sometimes quest Priest.
    I still do for Shaman in case of that 7-7 but they've all been elemental or murloc only recently.

Same, especially vs Rogue, but I didn't get it :(

I did pull out the win, though, with some lucky Discovers and Priest of the Feast surviving a couple turns for massive heals.

Sounds like some truly blessed funnel cake.

• Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    For all the angst I saw from streamers, etc about priest pre-release, Priest has been so much fun this expansion...at this point it seems like there are at least four or five viable priest decks floating around out there...just in my rotation right now I'm playing:

Dragon Priest
    Silence Priest
    Miracle Priest
    Singleton Priest (at least Quest/Deathrattle version as well as Medivh/Free from Amber version)

Went from 8 to 4 over the weekend playing non-quest Singleton priest, the deck is so much fun!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Playing against Priest seems more fun too after the rotation of Entomb. Nothing was more unfun than that card.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Priest of the Feast might be the #1 "card that's actually fucking insane but you couldn't tell when it came out because the meta was a bullshit dumpster fire."

• Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Build-a-Reno? Don't mind if I do.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Hearthstone Collegiate Winners:

Thanks for the free packs, Rutgers! Going with my gut paid off.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    3clipse wrote: »
    Priest of the Feast might be the #1 "card that's actually fucking insane but you couldn't tell when it came out because the meta was a bullshit dumpster fire."

It was already acknowledged as insane. I hit rank 5 with an arcane giant list a month or two after Karazan because PotF let me beat four consecutive freeze mages.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Getting my ass handed to me with this dragon priest deck. Taunt Warrior, murloc paladin, quest rogue...

edit: And then I beat a Hunter. Went from Rank 13 to 14, but meh. Better than I've been in months.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    And the team I picked randomly got eliminated in the first round, damn it.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I picked Polytechnique, because they're Canadian.

Rutgers was my second choice, because the New England Patriots have gotten a lot of great defensive backs from Rutgers.

I should have trusted Bill Belichik over sentimentality.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Has Blizzard released the packs for the Tespa championships yet?

I ask because I went to the website to look at my champion, and it's displayed like I never picked one. I definitely did (Rutgers) and the last time I did this I missed out on some packs because the battlenet website ignored my choice.

It looks like it might have done that again.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I ask because I went to the website to look at my champion, and it's displayed like I never picked one. I definitely did (Rutgers) and the last time I did this I missed out on some packs because the battlenet website ignored my choice.

I'm curious, did you vote from your phone? It seems that my vote was also eaten by some gremlin since I'm not seeing my vote for Cal, nor my previous one...

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    bsjezz wrote: »
    A lot of people seem to be speaking from inexperience with the druid quest. It's very easy to achieve (with the help of 3-in-1 ragers and Celestial Dreamer) quickly enough that a half a deck of free minions makes a difference. I'd put the timeframe on the same scale as taunt warrior's - we're usually finishing up together.

It's the big swing turns it enables that makes it so great, especially with Kun. Despite the truism, no, you haven't "already won" by the time you get Barnabus out. Far from it, especially against the controlling warrior and paladin archetypes going around. But it means you can accelerate the action and force the issue, and if you're wise with your stable you can quickly exhaust board clear and have plenty in the tank to take the victory.

I guess, like any build, it takes time to learn and play, and not many people seem to be interested in it right now. But if Kun-Aviana could work at the high end of play, so can Barny.

My problem with him is that I feel like I'd rather just play good cards so I can ramp and spend ten mana on my guys, than play bad cards and get them for free

I'm not ruling out the possibility of future printings giving him some legs, but the meta will never slow to a point where the quest is competitive - barring some combo being discovered.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

I'm curious, did you vote from your phone? It seems that my vote was also eaten by some gremlin since I'm not seeing my vote for Cal, nor my previous one...

I voted for Rutgers on a desktop and it seems to have lost my vote too! This is kind of shitty.

• Options

Are the packs a "winner take all" thing? I.e., are only people who voted Rutgers getting packs, or does everyone else get packs based on how far their team went?

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular

I don't remember, but there's a good chance I did use my phone, yeah.

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Are the packs a "winner take all" thing? I.e., are only people who voted Rutgers getting packs, or does everyone else get packs based on how far their team went?

It's been a win 1 get 1 pack thing every time. So people that voted for Rutgers would get 3 and Montreal would get 2 (for example).

I was looking through Un'goro cards and realized I had seen all but 13 out of 135 cards used in actual decks. And maybe I'm missing some decks were those 13 have been used? That's pretty incredible.
    (Sated Threshadon, Stormwatcher, The Voraxx, Molten Blade, Corrupting Mist, Air Elemental, Tidal Surge, Envenom Weapon, Obsidian Shard, Vinecleaver, Dinosize, Terrorscale Stalker and Verdant Longneck)

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

If your team made it out of the first round, you get a pack. If they made it out of the second round, you get a pack. If your team wins the championship, you actually get nothing else for that.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017

I don't think the packs were released yet. Usually a week after the event is over is when you'll get em.

You should get packs based on your teams progression, unsure what the actual layout of rewards was though. minimum 1, max of 3.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Today on Adventures In Low ELO;

I queued up against a Warrior, going second. I kept one Alleycat and tried to mulligan for a crab, but whiffed. I did draw into my second Alleycat, though. No Dire or Tundra Wolf in hand, though I did have a Hyena, so I did Alleycat-coin-Alleycat. Just go really wide and see where this fun train takes me, right?

His turn two, he summons this dude;

j4WjZD9.jpg

Which led, of course, to;

99G74vH.jpg

He played more taunt minions and eventually drew the whirlwind battlecry minion and an Execute, but I did get one face hit in. I eventually won with Kill Command burst.

• Options
    So many god damn taunt warriors on my way to 5. I hate it.

• Options

I don't think the packs were released yet. Usually a week after the event is over is when you'll get em.
    A WEEK?

But I want packs now.

I need two Legendary cards and a ton of epics for the Paladin decks going around right now, and dust doesn't make itself.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular

I voted for Rutgers on a desktop and it seems to have lost my vote too! This is kind of shitty.

I don't remember, but there's a good chance I did use my phone, yeah.

Dang ok. Here I thought it might be a mobile bug... Guess it is more a Blizzard server side bug or browser client side bug.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    yay! i voted for polytec because it's closest to my hometown! hopefully packs happen soon.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited April 2017

I slipped back down to rank 10 over the last few days, but this morning I was on a hot streak and got back down to 7 (6 is my highest this season). I think I've faced one Taunt Warrior on the way?

I've been hitting Pirates a fair amount though. I hadn't seen one for quite a few days, but I probably played 4 or 5 this morning.

Edit: I've actually faced a pretty diverse range of decks. Aggro and mid-range Hunter, control and Murloc Paladin, taunt and pirate Warrior, control Priest, freeze and tempo Mage, quest and flower Rogue, an Elemental Shaman. I'm quite impressed with the range of decks right now, seems like ever class (except maybe Druid and Warlock, and they each have at least one) have at least a pair of relatively competitive decks right now.

jgeis on
  • Options
    jgeis wrote: »

I slipped back down to rank 10 over the last few days, but this morning I was on a hot streak and got back down to 7 (6 is my highest this season). I think I've faced one Taunt Warrior on the way?

I've been hitting Pirates a fair amount though. I hadn't seen one for quite a few days, but I probably played 4 or 5 this morning.

Edit: I've actually faced a pretty diverse range of decks. Aggro and mid-range Hunter, control and Murloc Paladin, taunt and pirate Warrior, control Priest, freeze and tempo Mage, quest and flower Rogue, an Elemental Shaman. I'm quite impressed with the range of decks right now, seems like ever class (except maybe Druid and Warlock, and they each have at least one) have at least a pair of relatively competitive decks right now.

I played five games since two hours ago, 1 quest rogue, 1 aggro hunter, 3 taunt warriors. Might have to switch to Aggro for the next couple ranks just to sneak by.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Finally hit Rank 10 with Murloc Paladin. I am tempted to dust some old Wild Legendaries and craft Finja. Finja is worth it right?

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Finja's awesome.

• Options
    OrestusOrestus Registered User regular
    Kolosus wrote: »
    Finally hit Rank 10 with Murloc Paladin. I am tempted to dust some old Wild Legendaries and craft Finja. Finja is worth it right?

I've played about 30 games w/ Murloc Pally in the last week or so, and while Finja can be a huge swing, in my experience I almost never used him, I typically won w/ the lower cost cards and murloc synergies in the deck, or (much more rarely) the other deck had enough AOE to run me out of gas and beat me. I don't think there was any game where Finja turned a likely loss into a win.

• Options
    KolosusKolosus Registered User regular
    Orestus wrote: »
    Kolosus wrote: »

I've played about 30 games w/ Murloc Pally in the last week or so, and while Finja can be a huge swing, in my experience I almost never used him, I typically won w/ the lower cost cards and murloc synergies in the deck, or (much more rarely) the other deck had enough AOE to run me out of gas and beat me. I don't think there was any game where Finja turned a likely loss into a win.

I have been doing pretty well without him, but whenever I get him from a discover he seems to provide a lot of value.

• Options
    I know quest Rogue has a mediocre win rate, but a deck that either blows you out or flails until it loses is pretty shitty design. Winning or losing, it's never fun to play against.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Man, some games can be weird.
    He wasn't even dragon, he was n'zoth priest (w/o the quest). It was weird... I had to keep choosing these because the other options were meh.

lhnjwpxnp5au.jpg

Won the fatigue game even though he had 7 cards he couldn't play for some reason.
    Maybe it was more of a mirror than I realize. ^_^'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    That is the most Priest hand I've ever seen.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    today i taught a rank 17 priest the hard lesson about playing two clerics in the mirror

hit fatigue 10 cards before me

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    today i taught a rank 17 priest the hard lesson about playing two clerics in the mirror

hit fatigue 10 cards before me

It's funny how Priests don't pay attention to the danger of that.

My best Hearthstone moment ever revolved around it. Holy Nova, Circle Healing, Holy Nova, Circle healing. He was at -192 HP when it finally stopped.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    72cv6k6p41sj.png

My Un'Goro pack gave me Elise. I Shadow Visioned my Un'Goro pack which gave me another Elise.

Crazy as it sounds, I lost this game a few turns later. Turns out when your opponent discovers 2 extra SunKeeper Tarim you lose pretty hard.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    I know quest Rogue has a mediocre win rate, but a deck that either blows you out or flails until it loses is pretty shitty design. Winning or losing, it's never fun to play against.

I think this is just the nature of a combo deck. You set up your combo or you don't, there's really no in-between for a deck that revolves around a specific interaction.

I'd argue that Blizzard actually got it right with Quest Rogue in making it viable but not metagame warping like combo decks often are in other card games.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    a single tarim is fine, sure, i expect that

a second tarim.. okay you got lucky discovering that, i am now in trouble

a third tarim can fuck RIGHT off

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I really need a sunkeeper for control and murloc quest pally

If I'm not playing n'zoth he just feels much better than tirion

Also it seems weird that sunkeeper's effect overrides the crystal caverns

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg