As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I really need a sunkeeper for control and murloc quest pally

If I'm not playing n'zoth he just feels much better than tirion

Also it seems weird that sunkeeper's effect overrides the crystal caverns

well, you should probably be running both sunkeeper and tirion, they're both great

and lightlord

you can even make an argument for burnbristle if you're still seeing pirate warrior and hunters

paladin has good legendaries

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I would honestly rather run burnbristle than tirion in any quest deck

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    I really need a sunkeeper for control and murloc quest pally

If I'm not playing n'zoth he just feels much better than tirion

Also it seems weird that sunkeeper's effect overrides the crystal caverns

Yeah I have no idea how crystal core's mechanic is actually applied. I'm pretty sure effects like humility don't affect it so I have no idea why Tarim's effect would. I need someone to teach me exactly how and why it works like it does.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    honestly you could run burnbristle, tarim, rag and tirion plus two defenders and it wouldn't be considered too slow/greedy for most paladin lists, especially midrange

two spikeridged steed is fine also, it's a hard question for your opponent to answer generally

paladin being actually Good again and not restricted to an anyfin meme deck is great

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you can make crystal core minions follow the rules

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    InqInq Registered User regular
    Crystal Core just seems to rewrite a minions base stats to 5/5 when it enters play from any source. Any affects that happen after that will modify those base stats. So Humility/Peacekeeper works, Battlecry/Combo affects like Van Cleef work. Transforms like Polymorph and Hex replace the minion with a new one with 5/5 base stats. Silences will remove any buffs or debuffs, but the minion is still 5/5.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Just had an epic game vs. Taunt Warrior as Jade Druid. Always a matchup that I enjoy, because if I can get my Jolly Green Giants out, the Rag-blast for 8 dmg becomes less and less of an issue. This one went down to the wire - the Warrior was smart to save all of his removal for lategame, and I was mindful of both Brawls and didn't overcommit... but because his hero power kept hitting my face for 8 faster than I could get through his taunts, I was down to 3 hp and needed a heroic showing from Yogg. I had spent most of my deck at this point, including a bunch of Jade Idols - my Jades were up to 11/11 - and I was ready for a truly epic Yogg.

The moment of truth. I'm at 3 hp, opponent is at around 10. He has three taunts after I clear a few of 'em. I have three minions on board. This is probably going to be like 20+ spells. LET'S GO.

I SLAM HIM DOWN. PRAISE YOGG!!!! Aaaaaaand his first spell is Mortal Strike to my FACE and I LOSE, WHAT

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Today, Disguised Toast shows off his tech deck to counter Murloc Paladin and Freeze Mage: The Cookie Monster deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENmE9_xU0Mc

Edit:
    you can make crystal core minions follow the rules

That would have made Eadric excellent.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Are the packs a "winner take all" thing? I.e., are only people who voted Rutgers getting packs, or does everyone else get packs based on how far their team went?

It's been a win 1 get 1 pack thing every time. So people that voted for Rutgers would get 3 and Montreal would get 2 (for example).

I was looking through Un'goro cards and realized I had seen all but 13 out of 135 cards used in actual decks. And maybe I'm missing some decks were those 13 have been used? That's pretty incredible.
    (Sated Threshadon, Stormwatcher, The Voraxx, Molten Blade, Corrupting Mist, Air Elemental, Tidal Surge, Envenom Weapon, Obsidian Shard, Vinecleaver, Dinosize, Terrorscale Stalker and Verdant Longneck)

Fwiw vine cleaver is in some midrange paladin lists (e.g. Savjz').

• Options
    Metal JaredMetal Jared Mulligan Wizard Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    So this is a fun video though I'm pretty unsure why they brought 3 Clash Royale YouTubers (Molt, Nick and Pat) to the event. Are they really that desperate for people to do promotional events? Would vegan Kripp's bones exploded from the obstacle course? Were they afraid Raynad would be salty that he got a bad dinosaur costume?

https://youtu.be/HmGD3cHZCR4

BattleTag: MetalJared#1756
    PSN: SoulCrusherJared
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    About to stream my climb to Legend. Tune in and help me co-pilot or cheer me on!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Zython wrote: »

That would have made Eadric excellent.

it would have been alright but a lot of the threat from bounce rogue is out of hand damage

coming out a turn faster + having taunt probably makes sunkeeper still overall superior

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I think I'm cursed to be rank 7 forever. :(

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    Are the packs a "winner take all" thing? I.e., are only people who voted Rutgers getting packs, or does everyone else get packs based on how far their team went?

It's been a win 1 get 1 pack thing every time. So people that voted for Rutgers would get 3 and Montreal would get 2 (for example).

I was looking through Un'goro cards and realized I had seen all but 13 out of 135 cards used in actual decks. And maybe I'm missing some decks were those 13 have been used? That's pretty incredible.
    (Sated Threshadon, Stormwatcher, The Voraxx, Molten Blade, Corrupting Mist, Air Elemental, Tidal Surge, Envenom Weapon, Obsidian Shard, Vinecleaver, Dinosize, Terrorscale Stalker and Verdant Longneck)

Fwiw vine cleaver is in some midrange paladin lists (e.g. Savjz').

I've seen Corrupting Mist, Tidal Surge, Envenom Weapon, Vine Cleaver, Dinosize, and Verdant Longneck in play.

Best Dinosize moment: stealing it and putting it on a Northshire Cleric.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    jgeis wrote: »
    I know quest Rogue has a mediocre win rate, but a deck that either blows you out or flails until it loses is pretty shitty design. Winning or losing, it's never fun to play against.

I think this is just the nature of a combo deck. You set up your combo or you don't, there's really no in-between for a deck that revolves around a specific interaction.

I'd argue that Blizzard actually got it right with Quest Rogue in making it viable but not metagame warping like combo decks often are in other card games.

Yes but almost no combos in Hearthstone have ever happened by turn 5.

Patron warrior I guess, but that makes my point since it was completely busted.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Volatile elemental is a real Potion of Madness MVP. When they have a board that's Volatile Elemental, a 1/1 and a 3/3... M'wah!

• Options
    Rough day of streaming. Lost stars, feels bad.

I'll give it another try later.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Give me a holler when you do, I'll join you.

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Inq wrote: »
    Crystal Core just seems to rewrite a minions base stats to 5/5 when it enters play from any source. Any affects that happen after that will modify those base stats. So Humility/Peacekeeper works, Battlecry/Combo affects like Van Cleef work. Transforms like Polymorph and Hex replace the minion with a new one with 5/5 base stats. Silences will remove any buffs or debuffs, but the minion is still 5/5.

You'd think that, but herald volasz and mirage caller summon 1/1s

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »

I think that's because they don't just summon a 1/1 that would get overwritten to a 5/5, they summon the minion itself and then put a "buff" on it to make it a 1/1. So they copy the minion, it's a 5/5, and then they apply the 1/1 "buff"

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

I think that's because they don't just summon a 1/1 that would get overwritten to a 5/5, they summon the minion itself and then put a "buff" on it to make it a 1/1. So they copy the minion, it's a 5/5, and then they apply the 1/1 "buff"
    The question is, what happens when you silence one of those? A 5/5 or original stats?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    -SPI- wrote: »

The question is, what happens when you silence one of those? A 5/5 or original stats?

5/5.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    -SPI- wrote: »

5/5.

Yeah, the whole point of Crystal Core is that 5/5 are your minions "original" stats for the rest of the game.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    does injured blademaster become a (damaged) 5/1 under crystal core?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Oh my God this Paladin Murloc deck, they get a turn 1 Vilefin and you have to clear their board a fucking infinite number of times

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    What are we supposed to be looking for? Half hour video.

• Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

it's a parody of kripparian's videos

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Tynnan wrote: »

it's a parody of kripparian's videos

except with a much, much more boring content creator

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Life Low, Priest of the Feast is up however.
    I use an Un'goro Pack and... 2 primordial glyphs and a razorpetal volley.

Beautiful.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Ahaha, holy shit. So Kripp has stabilized the board at 5 health vs. a dinomancy hunter, has a taunt totem up, has lethal next turn, everything is looking gucci. He dies to an unleash topdeck but you know, whatevs. But the hunter held the one card they drew last turn in hand. Is it kill command, he asks?

The hunter plays his next draw. Stonehill Defender. "Alright, so he needs a cheap beast with taunt, that's not very likely."

Silverback Patriarch. Kill Command.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    silverback is op please nerf

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    envoy1 wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Dear hunter who got an Owl from the "get a random beast" bird to silence my giant taunt,

Fuck you.

- Me

P.S. Must be nice.

I put an owl into my hunter deck. Agree with others who say silence has become a pretty clutch card to have in many situations.
    You don't need to do that. Just play a bird and generate an Owl when you need it!

forty on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    1 star away from the safety rank AND HERE COME THE COUNTER DECKS AND NUT DRAWS!

forty on
  • Options
    Ahaha, holy shit. So Kripp has stabilized the board at 5 health vs. a dinomancy hunter, has a taunt totem up, has lethal next turn, everything is looking gucci. He dies to an unleash topdeck but you know, whatevs. But the hunter held the one card they drew last turn in hand. Is it kill command, he asks?

The hunter plays his next draw. Stonehill Defender. "Alright, so he needs a cheap beast with taunt, that's not very likely."

Silverback Patriarch. Kill Command.

Obviously Kripp won since Kill Command can't hit face.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Just hit legend playing Midrange Murloc Paladin to 5 and then Pirate Warrior all the way down. I maintained about a 78% winrate with Pirate Warrior, in a field consisting of about 60% other pirate warriors, a couple freeze mages, and Midrange Murloc Paladins. Also Quest Rogues, but I had 100% winrate vs Quest Rogue so I don't think they even get to be mentioned honestly. It was honestly kind of disgusting because I got Golakka Crawlered in I'd say a fourth of those games and I still won most of them. It really is just a disgusting deck.
    Legend picture:
    4bfc6302f4.png
    Pirate Warrior decklist:
    e667817974.png
    Murloc Midrange list:
    2fb8334d25.png

The thing I've learned after getting to legend twice is that the final stretches are basically just all about having the correct 1-2 card tech choices for the current meta at that day, or hell even that hour.
    But yay! Legend! Woooo! Always satisfying.

VizardObserver on
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    s4jzqrqn5zx3.png

I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Sweet, Legend again! My goal was to make it with my own list this time (Dragon priest). But in the end I had to switch to grindy burn discover mage to make the final push from rank 2.

Nice to know my first trip to legend wasn't just a fluke and that I could do it in standard too :)

Here is the deck too if anyone is interested:
    http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/psyguenters-medivh-control-mage-april-2017-season-37/

Lots of people making legend again in the thread makes me super happy! Gratz us, we fucking deserve it :) Awesome!

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Sweet, Legend again! My goal was to make it with my own list this time (Dragon priest). But in the end I had to switch to grindy burn discover mage to make the final push from rank 2.

Nice to know my first trip to legend wasn't just a fluke and that I could do it in standard too :)

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/psyguenters-medivh-control-mage-april-2017-season-37/

Lots of people making legend again in the thread makes me super happy! Gratz us, we fucking deserve it :) Awesome!

Ooooo this looks interesting. Will try this out later since I have Mage quest.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    And another disconnect in Global Games.

Tough Luck, Hong Kong.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »
    I'M BAAAAAAAAACK!!!

Ooooo this looks interesting. Will try this out later since I have Mage quest.

It is super fun and has a shot at beating any deck in the meta. Except priests for some reason.