Options

BSOD - Graphics Card Fan?

Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
One of the two fans on my graphics card went out, now I'm getting random BSOD. Is there a chance this could be the issue? The only thing of use in Windows logs is a shutdown due to a bug check. All the drivers are up to date, nothing new installed. Ran multiple anti virus, malware, and adaware programs. Can't read the .dmp file, sadly.

Steam: kaylesolo1
3DS: 1521-4165-5907
PS3: KayleSolo
Live: Kayle Solo
WiiU: KayleSolo
Capt Howdy on

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    One of the two fans on my graphics card went out, now I'm getting random BSOD. Is there a chance this could be the issue? The only thing of use in Windows logs is a shutdown due to a bug check. All the drivers are up to date, nothing new installed. Ran multiple anti virus, malware, and adaware programs. Can't read the .dmp file, sadly.

run something like open hardware monitor to, err, monitor your GPU temperatures, especially while under load. I don't necessarily think that an overheating GPU would cause a BSOD, unless the driver is crashing it, but saying a fan isn't working isn't super helpful by itself, need to know how warm the GPU is getting.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    It was a Windows update triggering the bug check error. I finally figured it out. Thank you for replying though.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo