As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Comics: They're Metal

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Release date is January 23rd

I am very excited
    Harley looks like Katie Cassidy. I am not opposed to that.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Mister Miracle #6 was probably my favorite issue yet. Just incredible work from King and especially Gerards.

The entire issue is
    Barda and Scott arguing about remodeling their condo while breaking into Orion's insane labyrinthine palace.

In the end, and this is a amazing moment so maybe don't read it if you're interested in the issue
    Barda reveals the reason she wants to make more space is because she's pregnant.

And then immediately after announcing that she bellows a war cry and fuckin' decks Lightray.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Holy shit issue six of Mister Miracle
    WARNING: ACID GAS WILL NOW MELT YOU

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »

LOL...I admit thanks to my 5 year old I'm actually enjoying this damn show. So many cute references in each show. This still is my favorite episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ICmOMLX3rQ

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    The Snagglepuss Chronicles is getting a back-up story for the remaining issues, Sasquatch Detective by Brandee Stillwell and Gus Vasquez, following the LAPD's first Sasquatch police officer.

y57ww6fep6l1.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    sweet i love Bright

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    That single image alone is better than literally all of Bright

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What an unusually designed 'Squatch

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Those are some very spindly limbs for a sasquatch

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Stilts wrote: »
    Those are some very spindly limbs for a sasquatch
    Don't squatch shame

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Suicide Squad animated movie announced:
    m8d2742b7ji6.jpg
    Has the squad competing with other villains for a mystical artifact.

It has

A pretty ridiculous cast, led by Christian Slater as Deadshot and Tara Strong as Harley Quinn:
    They’re joined in the sprawling voice cast by Billy Brown as Bronze Tiger, Liam McIntyre as Captain Boomerang, Kristin Bauer van Straten as Killer Frost, Gideon Emery as Copperhead, Vanessa Williams as Amanda Waller, C. Thomas Howell as Zoom, Dania Ramirez as Scandal Savage, James Urbaniak as Professor Pyg, Julie Nathanson as Silver Banshee, Jim Pirri as Vandal Savage and Vertigo, Greg Grunberg as Maxum Steel, Dave Fennoy as Blockbuster and Tobias Whale, Cissy Jones as Knockout, Natalie Lander as Darma, Trevor Devall as Punch, Dave Boat as Harvey Dent/Two-Face

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    James Urbaniak as Professor Pyg is the casting I never knew I wanted

• Options
    Gideon Emery as Copperhead

oh Balthier never stop VAing please

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Who's the lady in the chair?

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Who's the lady in the chair?

Waller?

• Options
    They're using skinny Amanda which sucks

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I don't love it, for sure, although at least there she is recognizably Amanda Waller, in contrast to like, the New 52 Amanda Waller

• Options
    ...ok I gotta see new 52 Amanda Waller now

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I don't know who almost any of those VAs are

• Options
    edited January 2018
    ...ok I gotta see new 52 Amanda Waller now

WTF
    6nmynlxao5b2.png

I did not expect that! Yeah that Amanda Waller up there is fine.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Personally I don't think any version of Amanda that isn't plus sized is "fine".

She's basically the only prominent not skinny lady in the Big Two

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    @Blankzilla yeah I see your point. I figure it could've been worse when I see that New 52 Amanda but yeah, DCAU Amanda was alright in my book.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    If Amanda Waller doesn't look like CCH Pounder then you fucked up

• Options
    I think there are a variety of different ways that Amanda Waller can look - I don't think she needs to be that Ostrander era "The Wall" even if that's what I think of her as a lot of times from having read those comics

Viola Davis, for instance, was a great Amanda Waller, and she doesn't look a whole lot like the comics version

But skinny and more sexualized versions of her ain't good

• Options
    God, how have so many great actresses played Amanda Waller?

C.C.H. Pounder, Angela Bassett, Viola Davis, Yvette Nicole Brown, Pam Grier

Like, she hasn't always been written super well or been in good pieces of media, but that's a fuckin' pedigree

• Options
    Brian Bendis' first DC work will be a story in Action Comics #1000, with art by Jim Lee.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    wait when did Yvette Nicole Brown and Pam fucking Grier play her

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Mr. G wrote: »
    wait when did Yvette Nicole Brown and Pam fucking Grier play her

Yvette Nicole Brown plays her for the DC Superhero Girls webseries, as Principal Waller

Pam Grier plays her in season 9 (I think) of Smallville

Straightzi on
  • Options
    So I've been going through Williamson's Flash since Keiran Schiach is pretty big on it and I like that dudes taste most of the time and while it had a rocky start that book has been pretty fantastic since the third arc and has one of the best versions of Reverse Flash I've ever seen.

In addition to having the fun twist of being one of the only people who remembers the entirety of Pre-Flashpoint continuity, Thawne is recast as
    being completely obsessed with Barry to the point of putting on his old costume and becoming the 25th century Flash. Barry briefly partners with him, before realizing he is causing all the crimes he stops to look heroic.

Rather than hating Barry immediately, he was genuinely repentant and reformed himself before traveling to the past to apologize.
    His new suit would be yellow because that's the color all of Flash's partners wear.

However he came back right when Wally graduated high school and saw Barry give Wally the exact same heroic inspirational speech that he was told on their first night out together.
    Everything he thought was special and unique about their relationship was just the superhero equivalent of a pick-up line. And he snaps.

Later, after driving Barry to the edge of killing Thawne, Barry asks a beaten down, pathetic Eobard why he always torments him and can't just move on and leave him alone.

"Because...It's the only time you'll spend with me."

It's fantastic.

It also creates a new niche for Captain Cold and the Rogues that I am loving to death.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Okay yeah I'm all caught up now and it's definitely getting added to my pull

The ending of one of the most recent issues was perfection
    i5slZiY.jpg?1
    uCehVml.jpg?1O6ERLWW.jpg?1

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Finally read the new Mister Miracle. If the last six issues keep up the same quality as the first six...

This might go down as the best comic I've read this decade.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Holy shit, a new prestige miniseries has been announced: The Other History of the DC Universe

js8ni6po2h0b.jpg

10 Years A Slave writer John Ridley will write The Other History of the DC Universe, which, in DC's words, "will analyze iconic DC moments and chart sociopolitical gains through the perspectives of DC Super Heroes who come from traditionally disenfranchised groups."

The series will feature characters ranging from John Stewart, Vixen, Supergirl, and Katana, to lesser known characters such as Renee Montoya and Extraño of the Global Guardians.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Renee Montoya is lesser known?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Renee Montoya is lesser known?
    Compared to Supergirl, John Stewart, Katana and even Vixen? Yeah.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    While I love the idea, and I love that they got a non-white guy writer, it feels weird to have a book about all these characters from disenfranchised groups be written by a man, and one who has won an Academy Award at that. I'd much rather they get people from those communities to write each issue. Unless it's like an ongoing story and not just "this issue is about this character", which would make that difficult.

It's almost like my Midnighter & The Anti-Authority pitch

• Options
    edited January 2018
    While I love the idea, and I love that they got a non-white guy writer, it feels weird to have a book about all these characters from disenfranchised groups be written by a man, and one who has won an Academy Award at that. I'd much rather they get people from those communities to write each issue. Unless it's like an ongoing story and not just "this issue is about this character", which would make that difficult.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Marvels style with a viewpoint character

And yeah I would love to see some more minority/LGBTQ talent in there but given the fact that it's rare to see black writers at all in the Big 2 I'm still fairly happy with them snagging Ridley, especially since his prestige will let them push the book hard beyond just the regular comics crowd

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2018
    Blankzilla wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Marvels style with a viewpoint character

And yeah I would love to see some more minority/LGBTQ talent in there but given the fact that it's rare to see black writers at all in the Big 2 I'm still fairly happy with them snagging Ridley, especially since his prestige will let them push the book hard beyond just the regular comics crowd

Is this a limited run series?

Because you could let it run from 6-12 issues and then follow @Keith suggestion. Have it be a platform for up and coming writers from those backgrounds taking a crack at the DCU.

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    It's a miniseries

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.