As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Mania is done, back to laughing at Impact

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Chuck Taylor stops using invisible grenades.

Instead, he starts using actual grenades.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    a buddy of mine here just sent me a pic of him and alexa bliss at a local grocery store

when will i get to run into a wild wrestler??

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I know nothing about Roppongi Vice, but their promos are a m a z i n g

Those two have ridiculous chemistry.

They also have one of the best themes.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    So Backlash is Randy vs Jinder, Uso's vs Breezango, Sami vs Corbin, AJ vs Owens, and Nak vs Dolph, with whatever the Women's title match will be.

That's pretty good

There's only two good matches there. Granted those two should be really good.

I think Sami vs Corbin could be quite good as well, its a nice mix of styles.

(Sami vs. Corbin was one of the two matches that will be good)

then i am baffled by how you think one of AJ / Owens or Dolph/ Nak is gonna be bad?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    where portions of his skull will be reinserted, which was removed during the initial procedure right after the match.

what the FUCK

brain swelling sucks...

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    So Backlash is Randy vs Jinder, Uso's vs Breezango, Sami vs Corbin, AJ vs Owens, and Nak vs Dolph, with whatever the Women's title match will be.

That's pretty good

then i am baffled by how you think one of AJ / Owens or Dolph/ Nak is gonna be bad?

One of those matches has Dolph in it.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

That's pretty good

Dolph is a shit head, but he can have great matches if he wants to.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    This is a super Scottish opening stretch on NXT.

• Options
    Drew is so getting an NXT title shot at Summerslam Takeover.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    a buddy of mine here just sent me a pic of him and alexa bliss at a local grocery store

I've seen Cass around a few times. Usually down Colonial in the Fashion Square area.
    Wall Street used to be a big hangout. I think Bo was pretty well known there during his NXT days, Braun too. Honestly it might still be popular, but I haven't been drinking down town in forever.
    I've heard Paige used to be in Tanqueray's every once in a while. Again, that was back in NXT days.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    It wasn't that long ago Dolph was having awesome matches with Miz.

He is a great in-ring worker and a perfect choice for Nak's first opponent.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

after you speak to the professor and get your starter wrestler

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Roddy getting the mini doc treatment, damn

They must have big plans for him

• Options

That's pretty good

he is a tool but he is a literal selling machine, maybe the best since Regal retired...Nak beating the tar out of him is gonna be great,

• Options
    People are really upset with that Dolph promo last night. It's more of WWE not understanding to hide negatives and exploit positives is the biggest argument.

• Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    I agree. I may not like Dolph's views outside the ring but I enjoy his matches. His Money in the Bank cash in is one of my favorite WWE moments. I loved Team Rocket Dolph.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    People are really upset with that Dolph promo last night. It's more of WWE not understanding to hide negatives and exploit positives is the biggest argument.

Really? Can't imagine having the strong a reaction to it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Ruby Riot is a shockingly good promo.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

Yeah, it was just... bleh. I'm not sure it deserves anything more than grimacing ambivalence.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Roddy getting the mini doc treatment, damn

They must have big plans for him[/q
    uote]

They should because hes fucking awesome.

Magell on
  • Options

Yeah, it was just... bleh. I'm not sure it deserves anything more than grimacing ambivalence.

People are pointing out it was so bad that some of the crowd What'd Nak in response.

Sadly, I think it was because he didn't speak perfect English and they were being fucking pricks about it.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    It wasn't that long ago Dolph was having awesome matches with Miz.

He is a great in-ring worker and a perfect choice for Nak's first opponent.

He'll sell all of Nak's offense like it's death, which will get Nak over with people who don't know who he is yet.

Great first opponent for sure.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options

People are pointing out it was so bad that some of the crowd What'd Nak in response.

Sadly, I think it was because he didn't speak perfect English and they were being fucking pricks about it.

The idea that it's dolphs fault that the crowd did the same thing they always do is ludicrous

• Options

The idea that it's dolphs fault that the crowd did the same thing they always do is ludicrous

Generally a super popular face doesn't get the What treatment.

I absolutely believe it was due to his accent.

• Options
    Nak's problem isn't his accent so much as having to talk around that mouth guard, I think. No idea why he keeps that in for promos.

• Options
    He also just debuted. Nxt and Japan are awesome but he just debuted in wwe. A single promo by someone else is why he's not popular enough to dodge what chants ?

Thats if I even agree anyone can reliably dodge them and I'm not sure I do

• Options
    It's really nice to get to see Gallagher work the kind of submission-focused, chain wrestling-heavy match that made us dig him in the CWC.

• Options
    These headbutts are ill timed.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Scott Hall says bullying can't be tolerated in wrestling

Does this make Kevin Nash the only member of the Kliq who hasn't grown up at all, because goddamn would I have never betted on that

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Every time the crowd starts a "what" chant I want somebody to shout at them that it's 2017 in other parts of the country.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    where portions of his skull will be reinserted, which was removed during the initial procedure right after the match.

what the FUCK

brain swelling sucks...

yeah this is actually standard procedure for a lot of hematomas

• Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    Scott Hall says bullying can't be tolerated in wrestling

Does this make Kevin Nash the only member of the Kliq who hasn't grown up at all, because goddamn would I have never betted on that

yessss I love Scott hall

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Has Nash come out pro-bullying?

It's easy to say bullying can't be tolerated. What does Hall have to say about the stories that have come out about JBL specifically would be more interesting.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I honestly don't think we can put any stock in old school wrestlers saying they're "against bullying" without defining what the means first.

Because, from the stories we've heard over the years, a lot of the things that older guys consider as "ribbing" would easily fit under someone else's definition of bullying.

Took a guy's passport and left him stranded in an airport = Ribbing

NOPE NOT REALLY

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    A lot of the antics of the older wrestlers, looking back on it, is pretty shitty bullying. Even Mick Foley isn't immune from this. In his first book, while told in a humorous way, him and Steve Austin essentially made a bet to bully the shit out of DDP until he stopped rooming with them, with shit like the sprinkling cookies into his bed and just being an ass to him. Its a funny story because of DDP's reaction being so over the top and jumping onto Mick Foley while being completely naked, but its not hard to look back on it now and see how shitty that could be seen from DDP's view.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    I honestly don't think we can put any stock in old school wrestlers saying they're "against bullying" without defining what the means first.

Because, from the stories we've heard over the years, a lot of the things that older guys consider as "ribbing" would easily fit under someone else's definition of bullying.

Took a guy's passport and left him stranded in an airport = Ribbing

NOPE NOT REALLY
    The whole thing is you don’t rib guys you don’t like. You rib guys you do like. And then you’re there for them to rib back.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    busta wolf

• Options
    Jim Cornette said he once responded to being bullied by Buzz Sawyer by beating the shit out of him with the edge of his tennis racket.

Buzz Sawyer was also a huge psychotic asshole apparently, even by old school wrestling standards.

This discussion has been closed.