As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch 10.0] Patch live! New Lunar Map and Hog/Reaper/McCree changes!

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    New Orisa is a turd to play as now, that 15% damage reduction makes her so weak to do any kind of tanking and the refresh on the barriers only works if you stay back (mitigating your gun damage even more).

What does gun damage have to do with tanking? Her shield is extremely powerful now. There's basically no point in destroying it because it will be back up again the instant it's destroyed.

She still counters Rein's shield, can put a ton of hurt into him, Roadhog, Winston and Bastion, and works great against Torb. I had a ton of fun with her last night.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yep. Orisa is a legit tank now and she still does what she's suppose to damage wise.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    lol i got Oasis Symettra twice

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    draft
    jammu wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    jammu wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Oh my dog DVa has a retro 50s skin now, including that ugly aqua color that everyone was so fond of back then. I must have it.

I hate this. I have other awesome skins for DVA.
    Gimme the 50:s junkrat, hog, rein, mercy, .... everyone!

gimme Genji with a pompadour

These guys?:
    DlbsR7h.png?1
    Zw0krkp.jpg?18nycmLG.jpg?1rsK6d9m.jpg?1

Man, I would love to have rocker Tracer and pool-shark Zenyatta.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Pool shark Zenyatta would absolutely need to launch his orbs with a pool cue.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Ick, so the new 3v3 mode locks out characters if you win with them. Nice idea if you're on the losing team, but if you're on the winning team all it creates is bad blood. I got yelled at for being characters and winning with them, denying them from being chosen by the other people on the team.

And then I went back to never touching elimination mode again.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Ick, so the new 3v3 mode locks out characters if you win with them. Nice idea if you're on the losing team, but if you're on the winning team all it creates is bad blood. I got yelled at for being characters and winning with them, denying them from being chosen by the other people on the team.

really? i used the new 3v3 to win all this week's loot boxes and didn't get anything like that

people have already kind of talked about it but I think it's a huge net win for the mode (even though I still won't play it much outside of using it for weekly loot boxes)

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

People are crazy. Group up with me instead!

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Playing Comp really helps you see your strengths and weaknesses as a player.

I'm noticing my mechanical skill is only so so but I'm pretty good at positioning.

Probably why I like playing tanks so much.

But the funny thing is I played a bunch of comp last night and I won most matches playing DPS but I only used 76, Reaper and Pharah cause I think they're the most mechanically forgoving.

Also I wish I was more than decent with Ana but sniping on controller is hard.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Playing Comp really helps you see your strengths and weaknesses as a player.

I'm noticing my mechanical skill is only so so but I'm pretty good at positioning.

Probably why I like playing tanks so much.

But the funny thing is I played a bunch of comp last night and I won most matches playing DPS but I only used 76, Reaper and Pharah cause I think they're the most mechanically forgoving.

Also I wish I was more than decent with Ana but sniping on controller is hard.

You really do notice it... When I play the other modes, and notice someone isn't, for example, prioritizing properly or protecting our own healers, it's more often than not someone who has never played comp.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Supposedly, they're planning on 'cool content drops' every month through the end of the year.

https://clips.twitch.tv/FancyVastTildeDuDudu

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Doomfist or I riot.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I don't think Doomfist is in LoL.

• Options
    Hahhh....

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Doomfist will be an mega legendary rare unlock, 1% box unlock or 10,000 coins.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

I've got the coins, I'm ready. :razz:

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

Limited time release

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So let's talk about Total Mayhem.

Yes, 150% ult build rate, 75% faster cooldowns, and 200% health sounds ridiculous. And it is, especially when a payload is near the end and the defense team can just res infinitely because of Mercy. Yes, Orisa, Zarya, and Winston are must-have tanks.

But within the mode comes a new game to figure out. At first, for example, the enemy team rallied a defense because the respawn location went into their favor. So I swapped to Zenyatta. Doesn't sound like much, until you account for his debuff doing a huge number on the increased health pools. But still, their Mercy was a mover and a shaker, so I had a new idea; picked Hanzo, built my ult, and dropped it at the back of the payload to make the payload itself a danger zone. Payload was cleared, and the last micro-meter of movement was gained after a 4 minute stalemate Overtime.

Maybe it's just me but I enjoy that kind of shit.

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    The best strat for defenses piling it on from spawn is Mei. She can basically perma wall, which allows you to at least cut their exit down and in half. Then you can likely camp them in the other exit, which allows you to eventually whittle them down.

That was how I brought our 15 minute overtime stalemate payload from being at 4 meters away for 10 minutes to about 1 meter. But then our team finally just got bored and we lost.

• Options
    BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I have yet to win a Total Mayhem on attack. Felt like the defence has a huge advantage. Might just be too small of a sample size.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I had the weirdest game of comp. Everyone on my team on attack locks Assualt. Reaper, Tracer, Pharah, McCree, and Hanzo. I'm Dva and the only tank, we have no healers what so ever. In the starting area I beg over comms and in game for a healer. No one budges. We manage to actually push to the end but of course get ground down at the last point before we can get the cap.

On defense, same comp except I swap to Rein and continue to beg for heals. One guy actually goes Lucio, and as if to mock me, goes right back to Reaper. We manage to stop them after point 1 by basic incompetence of the enemy team. They wiped our team three times and still didn't have enough people on payload to get to point 2.

I hit my career high, nearly 2200 now, and am so confused.

• Options
    Sometimes the right thing is just to let everyone play their best heroes, meta be damned.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular

I did the new 1v1 and 3v3 once each on pc and console and will probably never do either again.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Why oh why did they put a lootbox on the new 1v1, rather than Total Mayhem? I thought I was out, free of that blasted mode forever. :<

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the 1v1 is just not fun and too long. The 3v3 I find pretty interesting though and is something I would play every now and then.

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    I've been trying to remember I likely won't remember individual matches two days from now. Trying to tilt less. Although the Genji that got a lucky shot in and then tea-bagged me tilted a little today. So I jumped on winston and with the help of an extremely awesome anna hunted and killed him 5 or 6 times no matter which character he picked, until we won the match. You picked the wrong tea cup my dude. <- tough guy apparently. (seriously tho, I hate that shit)

• Options
    I had the weirdest game of comp. Everyone on my team on attack locks Assualt. Reaper, Tracer, Pharah, McCree, and Hanzo. I'm Dva and the only tank, we have no healers what so ever. In the starting area I beg over comms and in game for a healer. No one budges. We manage to actually push to the end but of course get ground down at the last point before we can get the cap.

On defense, same comp except I swap to Rein and continue to beg for heals. One guy actually goes Lucio, and as if to mock me, goes right back to Reaper. We manage to stop them after point 1 by basic incompetence of the enemy team. They wiped our team three times and still didn't have enough people on payload to get to point 2.

I hit my career high, nearly 2200 now, and am so confused.

honestly in sitautions like this, i think you're better off choosing having 1 healer and no tank over 1 tank and no healer

like with Reinhardt, if you don't have a healer, you're fucked. No one is going to save you, you don't really have any escape, you have the finite pool of health and that's it.

if you have a team of all squishies, lucio can often be the best healer for them, he's mobile and not easy to pin down, so he doesn't rely as much on a tank, and he can heal the squishies pretty consistently since they have a low health pool

Arch,
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I've been trying to remember I likely won't remember individual matches two days from now. Trying to tilt less. Although the Genji that got a lucky shot in and then tea-bagged me tilted a little today. So I jumped on winston and with the help of an extremely awesome anna hunted and killed him 5 or 6 times no matter which character he picked, until we won the match. You picked the wrong tea cup my dude. <- tough guy apparently. (seriously tho, I hate that shit)

I played a game of mayhem last night, my first game in months. Nothing but emote spammers to the point where I wasn't sure how they managed to actually hit other buttons on the controller between "Hello! Hello! Hello! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Turned me right back off, it did.

It's not just you. It's full of "people who are not nice at all" now.

• Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    why in fuck's name would they lock a loot box behind 1 v 1? It's easily the worst mode that has no relation to any other part of Overwatch.

• Options
    sanstodo wrote: »
    why in fuck's name would they lock a loot box behind 1 v 1? It's easily the worst mode that has no relation to any other part of Overwatch.

philosophical question: if you don't want to play 1 v 1, then is the lootbox really there?

Arch,
  • Options
    it doesn't help that i've been paired with a guy crazy better than I am for 3 fucking games in a row.

• Options
    At DPS, obviously, because he's a DPS main and I'm a tank/support main. So I'm basically fucked until i get someone else.

• Options
    I would just leave the game if I lost 3 rounds in a row and was clearly outmatched without regret. I was there for the box and that was it.

• Options
    It just hoses you if you're a support/tank main

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    I lucked out and won my first 1v1. It was even a pretty great game winning kill. It was pretty even, but I was one ahead and we were on the map that uses the Eichenwalde assets. I picked Mei and they picked Junkrat. They were hiding on the 2nd floor of the room with the hole in the middle, so I snuck in, used wall to boost myself up through the hole, and wrecked their face.

Now to never play 1v1 again.

BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    1v1 is where the train-to-aim-to-the-point-of-malnutrition people live. I will never touch that mode again.

• Options
    I lucked out and won my first 1v1. It was even a pretty great game winning kill. It was pretty even, but I was one ahead and we were on the map that uses the Eichenwalde assets. I picked Mei and they picked Junkrat. They were hiding on the 2nd floor of the room with the hole in the middle, so I snuck in, used wall to boost myself up through the hole, and wrecked their face.

who would fucking pick junkrat?

• Options
    Got my win after I matched against another support main and wrecked him. Still a shitty mode, never again.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »

who would fucking pick junkrat?

This person clearly didn't respect Mei's 1v1 abilities. They also chose Widow over her in a previous round (which I won).

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    1v1 is great and I am not that great at dps.

I still would rather 3v3 though. Because it ends up being faster and at least there is some roles to it. You do basically rule out support in 1v1 (though I did once far outplay someone on Mccree as Ana because I made him come after me, which he wouldn't Until the point opened up, in which case I then made him get into grenade range and it was over)

The old 1v1 was absolute garbage. But now you can almost entirely avoid stupid machups like Bastion vs Bastion, Torb vs Torb, and similar no win situations.

This discussion has been closed.